TUTORS AND TORTURE

"I can't be tutored by him!" I told Professor McGonagall, but she seemed unfazed by what I had just said as she raised one single perfectly done eyebrow at me.

"Unless you prefer to fail Transfiguration, Ms. Evans, you will be tutored by him," she told me in her most polite voice, where you could perfectly see she was smiling inside, laughing even. Then, as if it wasn't her problem anymore, she said, "And now, if you excuse me, I shall be going. I have better things to do. Good luck."

I'm sure she wasn't wishing good luck to me...

And all I did was just watch her turn her back on me and exit the library.

I turned my angry gaze to the guy that was now settling himself in one of the tables and with a small smirk on his face that just pissed me off.

"Just settle down Lily," he said calmly, like he wasn't one of my biggest enemies from that school, "We should start now."

I didn't know his name, which was weird, but I knew he was one of the so called Marauders. And Marauders meant problems and humiliation for me. I wanted them as far away as I could. All of them.

"Écoutez," I started, "I know you don't want to do this as much as I; so why don't you just walk out of that door and I can teach myself whatever you were supposed to?" ("Listen,")

He looked at me with a calm expression, the same he seemed to always have. Damn him! "You see, I believe you're wrong in that," he told me, "I'm actually looking forward to do this."

I raised my eyebrow, "If you think I'll let you-"

"The only thing," he said with a powerful voice, effectively cutting me off, "I'm here to do, is teach you," he said, "Now would you please just sit and let me start?"

I eyed him suspiciously. What was he on about? Could it be possible that he wasn't thinking in pranking me in any way?

I asked him the same. He answered me with a laugh in his voice, "For as much as I do find it funny how Sirius gets to know people sometimes, I do have my own ways, and none of them includes harming people in any way."

I just kept eyeing him and trying to decide if he was trusty. After five minutes of gazing at him, I finally let down my things into the table and sat next to him. 'What was the worst that could possibly happen?' I asked myself.

"Great," he said, "I'm Remus Lupin, by the way. Can we start then?"

I nodded, "Don't you think-", I started saying threateningly again.

"I'm not thinking anything," he said, once again cutting me off, "The only thing in my mind right now is teaching you."

"Très bien," I said at last as I opened my book and placed my wand on the table, near my hand, to show him I was ready for whatever was to come. ("Very well,")

There was something about this guy that wasn't well... although not as handsome as James and Sirius, there was something about him that definitely caught my eye. He seemed- not kidding here- kind. A Marauder that seemed kind.

This was gonna be good.

"Good then!" he said happily, a smile in face, "Believe me it could be worst. James was McGonagall's first option, you know? But I took the place instead as I know you two don't get along that well."

I didn't answer him as I stared at my hands "Now," he said, interrupting my thoughts of how my hands seemed so small, "Can you show me what exactly you can't do?"

I looked at him and smirked. He was so not ready for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wait a minute, wait a minute..." Charlotte said to me the next morning as I told her how my night in the library had been. "You were tutored by a marauder?" she asked me stupefied. I smiled and nodded.