Changed

By zijabi

#4 in Spiritual 6/24/16 Sofia Ali is a 17 year old girl that attends to Doyen High School. Her life has b... More

Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Not An Update
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
attention!
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Changed 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 49

2.2K 141 20
By zijabi

 "Let me see your cheek." Adam ask, holding an icepack. He just returned from downstairs after asking Sofia if they had icepack. Sofia turns her head to the side to let him get a better view on the now light red cheek. If you tried to look closely you could see the outlines of the Omar's fingers.  

The two were in her room, Sameya, Omar, Yusuf, and Abdul left the house. Leaving her, Adam, and Abeera. It shocked her at first, why on earth would they let a guy stay in their house that they don't know. But at the same time she is more than happy because she needs him more than she thought she did. They probably had Adam in the back of their minds anyways.

 With no hesitance, Adam places the icepack firmly against her cheek. Luckily for him, this was now his excuse to stare at Sofia in awe. Her long laches blinked slowly, her small face was clear and sharp. The way her lips always stay a light pink amazes him, he would have never thought it would bring out her facial structure. So much beauty was given to her, it's insane. 

   Sofia looks at him from the corner of her eye, causing Adam to glance around her room, he was surprised that it actually fit her personality. The light blue walls, and the small chandelier that hung above the room. The large windows that were cover with a see through fabric. The rug was all black with white pop up words in different language. It's pretty artistic if you ask Adam. He looks at the counter, and spots a picture on it. 

Without asking Sofia, he pulls out the picture. Handing Sofia the icepack.

"He shows up and slaps me, you'd think-" Sofia stops in mid sentence, her eyes lingered onto the photo that Adam held. "What are you doing?" She jumps up, and grabs the photo out of his hands. 

Adam looks at her questioningly. "Was that you're mother and that man from earlier? They look awfully young in that photo don't ya think?" He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Well, I actually don't know what to think since you apparently think it's okay to touch my stuff without asking." 

"Sorry." he says seriously.

Sofia huffs, sitting back down on her bed. Fiddling with the photo in her hand.

"Why do you have that photo?" he sits on her green beanbag.

"Why can't I?"

"Cause you loath Ab-dull, remember." Adam reminds me.

 She corrects him. "It's Abdul." she then blinks at him. "Wait how did you know I loathed him?"

Adam darts his eyes on the floor. Fake coughing. 

Sofia's eyes widen in curiosity. "Adam, you better tell me right now." 

"Okay, okay." he raises his hands up in defense. "Sometimes when you call me, I can overhear the background..." he trails off.

"And..?" Sofia demands him to continue.

"And.. I heard the conversation you had with your mother about him."  he explains. 

Sofia rolls her eyes, she really needs to turn her phone off. Sitting back down on her bed, she presses the icepack on her bruised cheek and stared at the photo.

 Young and free was written all over the photo. They looked like a couple, but how is it possible? The photo was taken in 2003, two years after Sofia thought Omar died. Maybe the date just came out wrong or something, cause if Abdul did hang around her mother she would've remembered him, but she doesn't. 

"It says 2003.." Adam trails off, staring at the back side of the picture Sofia is holding. Ignoring his words, Sofia stares at the photo longer. Looking for any signs, just anything!

"Wait.. your sister," Adam starts, thinking very hardly, "How old is she?"

"Ten.." Sofia says slowly, confused to what Adam was going on about.

"And when did your dad fake his death?"  A flash of pain covers Sofia's face. Adam notices and mentally smacks himself. "Sorry." He mutters. "Was it after 2003?"

"His not my dad." Sofia corrects. "And he faked his death in 2001. My mom lied me, telling me he died in the twin towers." She goes into further details than needed.

"What? Wait, so you're sister was born in 2003." Adam says confusingly.

"No she was born in 2001."

"But that... doesn't make any sense. It's 2013 (the year in the story is 2013 lol.. just because)  if your sister was born in 2001 she would be twelve." Adam does the math in his head.

Sofia shakes her head. "No, that doesn't make sense, Omar was alive in 2001, therefore Abeera was born in 2001." 

"Oh my god." It clicks for Adam, but it doesn't for Sofia.

"What?"

"Oh my god!" He stands up from the beanbag.  "The photo-" He snatches it from Sofia's hands.

"Hey!-"

"This photo was taken in 2003, correct? Your sister is ten, which means if you subtract 2013 with 2003, then you'll get her age." He explains, looking at Sofia if she knew what that meant. But she doesn't, she still gives him a 'are you out of your mind' look.

Sighing loudly, Adam points at Sameya in the photo. "Look at the way your mom is holding her stomach, something pregnant ladies do."

"Or she could've just done it as a pose. Adam I don't have time for this." Sofia chuckles. "It was just a photo, it hardly means anything." Reaching to grab the photo back from Adam, he quickly takes a quick step back, moving the photo away from Sofia's reach. 

"Sofia.. I think your little sister is half related to you. Abdul is her father." His intense stare made Sofia realize he was being completely serious. 

She stutters. "T-that doesn't make any sense. Abdul and my mother weren't even-" 

"... but Abdul and Sameya made such a sinful act-"

 Sofia's mouth drops open. She stands up horrified. Omar was telling the truth about Abdul and Sameya. Omar wasn't lying just to make her think badly about them, but he was simply trying to tell her about the few secrets they have kept from her.

"Holy shit." Sofia covers her mouth. "Abeera's father is Abdul.. we're half related.. this- what." She rubs her eyes annoyingly. Today is too much.

 She gets one good news, and three bad ones. Yusuf coming back for thanksgiving only to bring Mariam, and make  our uncle not spend it with us. And then Omar comes out of the blue, claiming that Sofia's parents are untrustworthy people. And then Adam texts her, saying Maya is pregnant and that he is coming over. And now his right here.  And Abeera-

Sofia's sister is half related to her. Will this news ruin her, or will she take it lightly just like how she took her mother marrying Abdul lightly.

"Sinful act." She blurts.

"Hm?" Adam stops studying her face.

"My mom.. and Abdul made a sinful act.. oh my god." Her eyes snap wide open. She doesn't even want to think about her mom that way. How could her mother be capable of such thing? "Adam, I think you should leave." She breaths, resting her face on her palms.

Adam shakes his head. "Wait, there's another reason-"

"Maya's pregnant, great. You can go now." She stands up to open the door.

I'm going to convert you idiot!  Adam wanted to say so badly, but he bites his tongue and nods his head. The way she threw his problem under the rug made him shock. Did she finally get tired of his drama that she's not even surprised that Maya is pregnant and is claiming it's his? 

Slowly walking out of the door, he looks back to her. Searching for something anything; of regret or hesitance. But she stands broadly by her bed, staring back at Adam blankly.

He shuts the door, and leaves. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 18.3K 30
© 2017 All Rights Reserved Eighteen year old Hafsah gets admitted into her dream college to study psychology. There, she meets the arrogant and hand...
897 31 10
Ayesha is a 17 years old Syrian girl ,who along with her Parents came to America three years ago. She is transferred to a NYC School. At her very f...
389 19 14
Aya, a 17-year-old Muslim girl, perfect life. Then her life takes a turn, will she accept it this way or will she not? Read to find out. (book 1 of s...
929K 62.2K 51
"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those words that are coming out of your mouth. If...