The Unpopular Popular Girl

By agamyaa

Aria Montgomery is like any other teenager. She likes her life and is content in it. Not very popular and cer... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 35

3.9K 198 21
By agamyaa

Almost a month had passed since and things were starting to falling into place. I had my priorities straight: studies, school, family and friends. That's all I cared about right now and that was all that mattered either way.

Jason was still a friend but he was busy with school work and other things so, we couldn't hang out as much as we did and I thought that was for the best. There were no more awkward moments between us but I made sure we never hung out at his place. It was asking for trouble. 

There were only a few more weeks of classes left. Everybody was excited about prom. What they were going to wear and who they were going to go with. The only other thing that people talked about was colleges. Everyone already knew where they were going.

Me, I was going to head out to Harvard on the scholarship I had worked hard for. People said they already expected it, that there was no surprise in it for them but it still was a huge deal for me. My mom, friends and the teachers were all happy for me. I, on the other hand, was bittersweet of the whole situation.

Even though I was excited about heading out to my dream college, I was vary of leaving my mom. She tried to cheer me up by telling me how she has business trips every month so we could meet up but I knew it was as hard for her as for me if not more.

Damon was joining NYU. He too had landed his scholarship. Caroline was planning on join him. Those two were going really strong and it made me happy to see them together. It no longer made me uncomfortable.

Reese was staying behind and joining a community college because of her mom's health. Her mom had been diagonised with cancer and her dad had quit Nimitz and was working locally to be around her more. The doctors were saying that she was going to make full recovery but they didn't want to take any chance. Guess who could blame them?

Kevin and her hadn't worked out owing to some petty differences. She was currently going out with Mike who also like her was staying behind.

Jason was going to the University of Florida. He said the only things that he loved were girls, football and beaches, so when he was offered a scholarship to Florida there was no way he was declining. In his words, 'it was like God's own graduation present to him.' 

As for Sean, he was coming to Harvard too. The last game had landed him the college. I didn't quite know how I felt about it knowing he was going to be there in the same college as me but I decided to not think about it much. He had stopped trying to directly talk to me but that didn't mean he didn't keep sending glances my way. Sometimes he would walk by me and I could swear I heard him apologise but I mostly ignored these. It was the heated stares he gave me when our eyes met which made me feel all kinds of weird. I always looked away guiltily thinking back on the night of the game. I always felt I cheated on him though I didn't know why. There were rumours of him doing the dirty with some leggy blonde and we weren't even together when I did it but still it never made me any less uncomfortable around him.

Once we reached school and parted ways I walked down to my locker, took out my things and entered the classroom. I sat in my place quietly waiting for the teacher very well aware of two very blue eyes on me. I decided to ignore them and adjusted in my seat.

Just then there came an announcement through the intercom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, a very good morning to all of you! The senior year prom is all but one week away now and everyone is excited to ask out their dates. Let's hear out today's five requests..."

I droned out the rest as some guy named James started asking a girl named Rose to be her date and said some really cheesy lines. Just then the class door opened and a guy, who I assumed was James, with a bouquet of rose entered kneeling in front of Rose and continued asking her. She nodded her head and the class hooted as they kissed. I felt a lone tear roll down my eyes quickly wiping it away before anyone saw. It was still very difficult for me to see or hear anything romantic.

I turned around in my seat slightly to see Sean's eyes already trained on mine. He was looking confused with his eyebrows all scrunched up. I remembered how much I used to like that and shook my head to clear the unwanted thoughts.

I didn't realise I was still looking at him till he smiled and I smiled back with an awkward wave. There. It wasn't that bad. I told myself as I turned back around.

Mr. Saltzman then politely requested a very happy James to get out of his class so he could teach. Not many people paid attention to his class but that was expected.

The Bell rang indicating the end of the hour and as I picked up my things and walked out I heard someone call out my name. I turned around and found myself face to face with Sean.

"Hey." He looked really nervous.

"Hi." I replied fumbling with my bag strap. People were staring at us. I chose not to let it bother me.

"Do you mind if I walk you to your class?"

"Sure." I started walking towards my next class with Sean right next to me. We walked in silence and it was strangely comforting even though it was clear he was very nervous.

"Thanks." I smiled up at him and walked inside loving his answering smile. I was hopeless when it came to him.

Just as the bell rang for lunch I got up from my seat and walked down to my locker.

I found Josh standing next to my locker and though it wasn't normal I tried to not let my confusion show.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He replied and just stood there. I decided to ignore him and continued putting my books inside. He could either say what he wanted to or just keep staring at me even though it was uncomfortable. I wasn't going to ask.

"Will you- umm. Would you like to go to the prom with me?" He mumbled the last part and I had to strain my ears to hear. I flushed deeply and saw the red colouring his cheeks.

I hadn't really thought about prom after that day. I had just assumed that I would spend the night in my room like any other normal day. Now that I thought about it prom was an integral part of the high school ritual and I wasn't going to get another chance to live it.

"Sure." I nodded at him and saw his eyes widen in surprise.

"Cool. I'll - I'll talk about the details with you later. Cya. " He said and I nodded.

I turned around to walk to the lunch room and saw Sean staring at me. I ducked my head guiltily and walked inside.

The bell rang and my mom called out to me, "Aria! Josh is here."

I walked down the stairs as slowly as possible to avoid face planting myself due to the high heels I was wearing.

Caroline and Reese had together dressed me up. When they heard that I was going to the prom they were beyond excited. They had assumed I wouldn't go and if I did then it would be with Jason. I couldn't imagine why. Either way I didn't see Jason much these days though we kept in touch. He was on a trip to Florida to check out the place or something.

The girls had helped me decide on my dress and everything. I was wearing a white and red sleeveless gown which was tight at the top and flowy on the bottom. It had a corset like top with the strings and everything at the back. It was princessy all in all. My mom hadn't been able to control her tears when she saw me and it had made me also cry. Good thing that the makeup was waterproof.

"You look beautiful." Josh said staring at me wide eyed making me blush.

"You don't look so bad yourself. " He was in a dark blue three piece looking very prim and proper. His tie was white to match my dress even though my dress had more red than white.

"I try." He grinned making me also grin.

"Pictures!" My mom shouted and then started the torturous process of smiling and posing.

After ten minutes of driving we reached the school and I was shocked by its transformation. The main event was in the gym but the entire school had been decorated. They had extended the decorations to the grounds also. Lighting up the pathway with dim lights.

"Let's dance?" Josh asked once we had settled. I nodded and he led me to the dance floor. We got a lot of stares from people and it was making me uncomfortable. A certain pair of dark blue eyes the most.

We danced around for a little while and then Josh's looks started making me uncomfortable so I excused myself and sat down next to the food table.

I had just had a glass of the fruit punch, which had been spiked obviously, when a voice said, "Can I have this dance?"

I looked up from my glass to the very pair of blue eyes that I had been trying to avoid the entire night.

"Sean.." I started.

"Just a dance, Aria." He said sincerely and I found myself nodding.

He pulled me to the dance floor just as a new song started playing. I recognised the song as 'The Last Dance by Camera can't lie.'

"How appropriate." He chuckled and at my questioning glance he continued, "This is kind of my last chance and so is this our last dance."

I ignored his statement and we swayed in each others arms for a while. The silence comforting and his warmth all too familiar. This was wrong. This was exactly what I had to avoid but here I was dancing in his arms.

"You look beautiful." He said slightly squeezing my waist. His touch still sent tingles through my veins and I gasped at the sudden touch.

"Thanks." I replied breathlessly. "You look good too."

He was in a dark tuxedo. His tie was red in colour and somehow I felt it matched my dress even though he could have had no idea what I was going to be wearing. His hair wasn't in its usual dishevelled way . It looked like he had actually made an effort to style his hair and that thought sent me thinking about who he was trying to impress and made my blood boil of jealousy even though I knew I had no right to be.

"Thanks." He nodded his head at my compliment.

"Who did you come with?" I asked not being able to help myself.

"I came stag." He replied like it was the most obvious thing.

"Why?" I could feel people staring at us, scratch that, gawking at us but I couldn't care less about it.

"There was only one person I wanted to go to prom with and she was already taken." He said huskily and my breath caught in my throat. I looked down at his chest guiltily.

"Don't." I whispered.

"Why not?"

"Just don't." I heard my voice crack at the end of that sentence and held back the tears threatening to spill.

"Aria." He said quietly as he placed a finger under my chin to make me look at him. That was it. Tears started flowing down my cheeks freely.

"Please don't cry, Aria." He started wiping my tears.

I realised what was happening and stepped back, away from him. When he took a step forward I said, "Don't."

I turned around and saw a hurt Josh staring at me.

"I am sorry, Josh, I truly am."

"It's okay , Aria. I knew you weren't over him. But I had to try you know? At least now I know I tried."

"You are an amazing guy and you'll find someone even more amazing. It's just not me. I am sorry." I muttered and ran out of the gym. I heard people calling out to me but ignored them.

Once outside I didn't know where to go and headed out to the grounds. I stood there and cried my heart out.

Then it started raining.

"Great. Just great." I muttered and wiped my eyes.

"Aria?"

I turned around to see Sean standing two feet away from me. How long had he been standing there?

"Please talk to me. Please."

"There's nothing to talk about, Sean."

"How can you say that? You clearly still love me and I love you too. Why can't that be enough? Why? It has been two fucking months, Aria. How much more time do you need to figure out your head?" He stepped up close to me drenched in rain. Water was dripping down his hair and onto his face but he didn't bother.

My hair and dress was a mess because of the rain. Even my makeup was running down my face. I guess no make up is completely waterproof.

"We can't be together. We can't." I exclaimed.

"Is it because of Jason? Are you with him?" I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"No." I shook my head my eyes on my feet.

"Then tell me why?" His voice was soft as he took a step forward. I moved back.

"Because- because-" I sighed. "We just can't. "

He held me by my shoulders and said, "There has to be a reason why."

"Because you hurt me! Because you made me feel worthless! Because you played me! Because you fucking messed up everything in my life!" I shouted. "You used my insecurities against me! I trusted you, Sean, I trusted you and you broke me." I whispered new tears running down my cheeks. The rain was pouring down harder now and it was almost painful but it was nothing compared to the pain I was feeling now.

"I know and I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you like that. The minute I met you I fell in love with you. I couldn't do anything I had planned to. You have to know that. You have to. I was angry and hurt when Sophia died. I thought I could never love again but I did. I loved you.

"I thought I could live without you. I thought I could stay away from you but I can't, Aria. I am too selfish to be able to the right thing."

"Then don't." I whispered ignoring all the warnings in my head.

He looked taken aback by my statement but recovered fast. He held my face in between his hands and crushed his lips to mine in a fast and passionate kiss. I closed my eyes and let out a moan as his tongue delved into my mouth. It was just as electric now as it was the first time.

My hands went around his neck and I tugged at his hair making him groan. His hands strayed to my waist and dipped lower, stopping just at my hips. His fingers dug into my skin and the pain only added to the pleasure. His lips left mine only to meet my neck. He started kissing my neck and reached my collarbone extracting another loud moan from me.

The rain was still pouring down on us but I couldn't move. He lifted me up bridal style, his lips back on mine and started walking. I was too distracted to question his actions.

We reached his car and he put me down. I quickly opened the door and sat inside. He walked around to the drivers side and sat inside. He turned to look at me and I could see the dark look in his eyes . His look alone made shivers of excitement run down my spine. He pulled me into one deep kiss before pulling back and starting the car.

Before I knew it we had stopped in front of his house. It looked empty and dark. He came around to open my door for me. As soon as I stepped out he scooped me into his arms and started walking towards the house.

"Put me down! Your parents will see!"

"They are out of town." He replied huskily and carried me upstairs and to his room. He set me down on his bed slowly but kept his eyes on me.

"You sure?" He asked and I gulped. There was an electric atmosphere around us.

I nodded my head and he kissed me. His hands in my hair, he bit my lower lip causing me to gasp. Taking advantage he slipped his tongue inside my mouth and I was left to see stars as I gripped onto his biceps.

A sudden thunder had me yelping and jumping away from him causing him to laugh. I shook my head trying to bring my hammering heart under control. I suddenly felt very guilty as I realised I hadn't told Sean about Jason.

"Sean?"

"Yeah?" One look at my face and his laughter disappeared.

"I need to tell you something." He nodded in encouragement and I continued, "The night of the final game, I -" I started.

"It doesn't matter, Aria." He cut me off.

"You don't even know what I was going to say."

"I do. You were going to tell me you had been involved with Jason and it doesn't matter." He replied calmly.

"How did you know?" I gasped.

"I saw you leave with him."

"You knew it." I whispered. He knew about it and still came after me. Still tried to talk to me. It made me feel worse than better.

"It's okay, Aria." He shook his head like it didn't matter.

"I slept with the rival! How can you act like it is nothing?"

"Because we were broken up and you have every right to make your own decisions even though you were drunk and it is possible to think he took advantage of you."

"He didn't. I agreed to it." I looked down at my hands.

"It's okay, Aria. You don't owe me an explanation or anything. We weren't together." He replied his eyes struggling to hide the hurt in his eyes.

"It's am sorry for hurting you though."

"Don't be. I deserved it. I deserved worse." He whispered and it saddened me to think he blamed himself for my actions.

"Did you? That night?" I asked unable to finish and he shook his head no.

"Couldn't do it."

I pulled him into a hug and held him as close to me as possible.

We were drenched and the water from my dress was dripping onto his bed and ruining the sheets.

"Sean? Your sheets are getting ruined. I am dripping wet."

He pulled back and smirked at me. God! I missed his smirk. "I am very glad to hear that."

The realisation of what he said sunk in and I smacked his arm blushing red. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Really?" He wiggled his eyebrows making me laugh.

"Yes really." I then remembered what I had been saying and continued, "Your sheets, Sean."

"Hmm. Our clothes are dripping water onto it you say? Let's get rid of them then." He smirked making me laugh at his statement.

I then turned around and said, "Help me out of these."

"Gladly." He said as he undid the knots of my corset top. "I love you." He whispered as he kissed my bare shoulder making me shudder.

"I love you too, Sean Prescott." I said and even before the words were out of my mouth he tackled me making me giggle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay so basically I stuck with the same end. What can I say? I am a sucker for happy endings. :P

For some reason I feel this time it's even more fast than last time but whatever. My story, my speed. I did like Jason though and wanted to bring a twist in the story then I realised I liked Sean more. So here you go amigos.

I'll be uploading the epilogue now. It's kind of the end for The Unpopular Popular Girl. I had a lot of fun writing it and I hope you guys liked it too.

See ya till next time. Vote! Comment! And Follow!

Love,

anushaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...
Miles Apart By Ayo

Teen Fiction

172K 5.6K 28
Isabella and Miles, two complete opposites find themselves being paired up for the rest of their senior year. They want to be at least friends but th...
8.8M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
400 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...