The Nerd Can Fight (#1)

By justanothergirl1314

(First book of the series - cos people keep on missing my sequel announcement 😭) Cassandra Johnson is Pixie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Published
Sequel
Prequel - Bryant's Story
Ily

Chapter 43

69.9K 2.5K 965
By justanothergirl1314

This is dedicated to my mom; Happy Mother's day to the best mom I could ever ask for. I know I don't show it and I know I'm not the best daughter. I snap at you when I'm tired and I must've been a dead weight to you when I was a kid but I know you never stopped loving me and I love you back for that.

To all of you mothers out there who's kids are still too young to give you a mother's day card or thanking you for taking care and loving them, this one's on me. I hope you mothers are being showered with love today, you guys deserve it 😊

•~•~•

I looked left and right among the small groups of people, trying to find a certain blonde but after a minute of searching and coming up short, I rounded the school to the parking lot and searched for the pink car.

"Case!" I turned and saw Penelope jogging towards me with a huge grin on her face. I thought that she was going to stop jogging once she was nearer but it was just my luck that she just increased her jog into a sprint. I didn't have enough time to brace myself and almost went sprawling onto the rough pavement if it wasn't for Penelope holding onto me.

She flushed when she lets go of me from the hug she gave me, seeming sheepish of how she reacted at the sight of me and I gave her a small smile. She was definitely something.

"I'm sorry. I was just so happy and excited that you finally gave me a chance to prove myself to you. God, I won't let you down! I promise you," she gushed and she sounded so determined that for a minute there, she had me fearing the life of anyone that was in her way.

"I know you won't but I have to warn you, Penny, who I am, my secrets and my past are not the best things you would see or know. I don't carry the lightest baggage," I told her grimly but raised my gaze when she took my hand and gripped it tightly in hers.

"I don't care. You saved my life, if that's not enough reason to stick by you then I don't know what is." Her eyes glittered with how fierce her words are and I managed a chuckle.

She just won't give up.

She looked confused but I shook my head and took her hand to get her walking with me into the school.

We got to the lockers and I took my books out, shoving them in my backpack. Out of nowhere, Adam popped up and leaned on the locker next to mine, grinning from ear to ear causing me to cast him a questioning look.

"Meet me at the parking lot on your free period."

While other girls would probably be curious on what he was planning, I felt more violated than suspicious.

"Adam..." I trailed off, trying to word my question carefully. "How do you know my schedule?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, "I might have taken a quick peep into your bag."

I could feel my eyes narrowing into slits, "You did what?!" I flicked his forehead. What if I hadn't hid my feminine necessities in there?! That idiot!

I glared at him while he rubbed the spot on his forehead gently.

"The point is, meet me in your free period," he stated before walking away and I continued to glare at his retreating back. The nerve of this guy...

I turned to Penelope who was staring wide eyed between Adam and I, seeming shocked about the conversation that we just had. She looked like she was about to say something but has something stuck in her throat, resulting in her silently pointing between Adam and I, open mouthed.

I waved it off, "It's nothing."

"Well, it doesn't seem like nothing!" She proclaimed and I raised my eyebrow.

"And why is that?"

"Did you see how he looked at you? He asked you out!" She squealed in excitement and I shrugged, it's not like it's the first time anyways. My shrug seemed to trigger something and she gaped at me before squealing even louder and started hitting my shoulders lightly.

"OhmyGod, ohmyGod! The ship has sailed! I repeat, THE MOTHER SHIP HAS SAILED!" She yelled out into the hall, receiving weird looks and glares from bystanders. Her words were soon muffled by the hand I clamped down onto her mouth to prevent anymore humiliation.

"Penny!" I whined and she turned sheepish.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, "it's just that you guys are so cute and you guys haven't even kissed yet!" Her last comment made me even more flushed than I was.

She turned to me, looking even more stunned before breaking out into another squealing spree. I shushed her as soon as the first squeal came out, dragging her to class while she kept on gushing about how we'll make adorable babies.

The day went on like that, class after class, words spread like wildfire and even though I believed that Penny didn't say anything to people, I don't think she had to. Her squeals were enough to reach my parents who were miles away.

By lunch time, people were staring at me even worse than usual and I had the urge to snap at them to mind their own goddamn business. Barely able to reign in my temper, I bumped into Sonia who was walking with her clique.

Why, God, why?

I sighed through my nose the second I saw her before steeling myself and squared my shoulders. It'll take pigs to start flying before I bow down to this bitch.

"Look at what the cat dragged in," she sneered. Oh the nerve of this bitch is beyond anything I've ever seen.

I'm done playing the role of a wimp. I won't feign a whimper or force out a tear just for her. It's not worth the effort. She's not worth the effort. I decided that the very least I could do for myself for everything I've allowed them do to me was that I wouldn't let them feel like they won another fight against me. I won't let myself look weak anymore.

So I faced Sonia head on, our eyes meeting and for the first time ever, I didn't avert my stare, I didn't cast my gaze downwards and no noises came from the back of my throat. I was sick of everything and I was done being a pawn in their sick game.

This, apparently, wasn't exactly what Sonia expected and the astonishment was as clear as day in her eyes.

I could see the disbelief in her hound mutts and I could feel a sense of triumph coming from my conscience.

About fucking time, bitch!

I rolled my eyes mentally at her words but that brought a tiny smile onto my lips, causing Sonia to narrow her eyes at me. I unrelentingly raised an eyebrow, challenging her to try me.

I could see the subtle gulp that she tried to hide and when I unmistakably caught it, she shrunk back discreetly as to not let her 'friends' realize that they're big bad alpha bitch is actually scared of the nerd.

Damn right she should be scared!

I honestly wanted to laugh at how comical the situation turned in a matter of hours. Just yesterday, she was mocking me after witnessing my fighting skills; after knowing that I can easily break every single bone in her body and now, she's actually taking into account the words I voiced out last night.

She was, by far, the most bipolar girl I have ever met. Well, that excludes yours truly but that's beside the point.

Today, she was dressing in something that can be called half-decent, which basically consists of a crop top that covers her up until her pierced belly button and shorts that kept her ass from hanging out but still gave guys a good view on what's underneath.

Who knows, maybe she might turn out to be a better person in the near future. No? Oh well. It's still going to be fun meeting her in one of these high school reunions and see her regret on being so immature on these kinds of days.

Although I doubt I'll be that enthusiastic to come to those kinds of reunions, I still would, just to see what Sonia would be like in 5 years or so. Hopefully, she'll realize what she's doing and get going on something that can redeem herself.

Unfortunately, I was snapped out of my thoughts when the sounds of her heels were getting fainter and fainter which only mean one thing. Sonia, the school's grade 'A' bitch, just backed out of a challenge and insult made by the school's nerd.

Today just gets better and better, I mused silently as I watched Sonia's retreating back.

The sound of the bell had me jumping into action and I turned the other way to get to my lockers and take my things to get ready to this quick 'date' since my free period today was just after lunch.

I got all my assignments given out to us today and shoved them into the backpack, zipping it up and rushing through the school's double doors in search of a certain green-eyed hottie.

Yes, you can bask in your glory now. I have overcome denial and came to the stage of acceptance. I've got feelings for the dude, so what? We're going to one of the things Penny considers as a 'date', so what? He's hot and I may or may not have fallen for him, so what?

Okay maybe it's a much bigger deal than I thought.

--------

I finally caught Adam's silhouette beside his bike, looking like he was just relaxing after a day full of stress. Probably physics, no doubt.

"Doesn't the majesty have classes to attend to?" His head turned to me and a smile immediately graced his features to greet me.

"It's nice to see you too, Case." I rolled my eyes at his formality. It was like he was trying to overlook the fact that we kissed and that thought made my conscience frown.

I decided to strike up a topic before my mind starts whisking up bullshit and messing this up for me. That wouldn't be good for any of us.

"So, where are we going this afternoon?" I was rocking on the balls of my feet by then, trying to calm my nerves as Penelope's words entered my mind. Is this really a date or is it just a way of him saying sorry about the kiss and break it to me that I was a sloppy kisser.

Dammit, conscience, fuck you and your conclusions.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" He gave me a cheeky smile before giving me my helmet and getting on his bike to turn the engine on. He kicked back the stand and braced the bike with his feet while I got on behind him after strapping my helmet on and kicking the side footrest to place my feet.

I rolled my eyes at him for the second time exasperatedly. I just had to fall for this type of dude; of course.

Adam pulled the bike out of the school compound and took a familiar route that drives us to the opening of the forest which will lead us to the valley the other day.

We started going on foot after Adam parked his bike on a nearby shadowed area under an oak tree. We joked around, shoving each other playfully here and there and even though I was dying to talk about the kiss the other day, I desperately wanted to cling on to this moment where our problems seemed to be far away, left in the city and we were carefree with nothing to worry about.

We finally reached the small slope in the middle of the forest and this time, I threaded my way carefully down the hill instead of rolling down oh-so-gracefully like the last time I was here.

Adam was leading the way with a folded blanket on his left hand and a couple of brown paper bags that were held in a plastic bag on his right hand.

It offered to help but he was hell bent on doing this himself and that I should take a break from all the heavy tasks once in a while so I decided to let him have some fun and when we finally reached a tree on the bottom of the hill, he started spreading the blanket and set up the food.

I wanted to take a picture of everything just to make this picture last forever but I didn't want to ruin the mood so I stood there, staring at basically everything in absolute awe.

Setting it up didn't take long and he was by my side in no time, offering me an exaggerated bow with an outstretched hand.

"My lady," he stated with a horrible British accent and I decided to join in the fun, exaggerating my own curtsy, pinching empty air and pretended to raise my non-existent skirt.

"Why, thank you." In all honesty, my fake British accent was probably worse than his and it was so bad that it had Adam guffawing on the grass, clutching his stomach and wiping stray tears.

I could feel a blush coming on but laughed at him, a part of me happy that I was able to be the reason that he was laughing even though the other part was embarrassed by what I did and wanted to dig a hole and die in there for doing what I did.

The laughter finally died down and we started opening up the food, taking them out from the paper brown bags and getting a nibble from each kind of food before feeding the other a taste of it.

I was in the brink of squealing and jumping up and down like a lovesick high school girl but I was lucky that I had incredible self-control that prevented me from doing something that could've ended me for my entire life.

"Oh come on! Just a little bite, after all, it's not good to waste food, right?" I pulled off the puppy eye face and had him opening his mouth hesitantly, giving me access to shove the spoonful in.

He chewed on it thoughtfully whilst I lay on my back, feeling unbelievably full and bloated. I patted my stomach gently before caving in to the urge to burp and I sighed in relief when I felt relieve flood through my after the very much appreciated burp.

Out of the blue, a ring tone cut through the calm atmosphere of the forest and has me jumping out of my skin while Adam rummaged his pockets for his phone.

When he finally got a hold of his phone and fished it out to take a look on who was calling, he didn't even think twice before answering it. I didn't know who it was on the other line but whoever it was, they definitely wasn't calling to give him any jolly news.

A tear escaped his now red and puffy eyes and he broke down right before me with a hand gripping the phone tightly while pressing it on his ear. A sob broke out and I immediately took his trembling form into my arms exactly like the time he took me into his arms when I had my nightmare.

I didn't ask any questions, I just held him close to me and let him cry, tears of my own trickling down my cheeks. Even though I didn't know who was on the other line, I knew that the only one who could make Adam weep this bad is no other than he woman who raised him.

I knew then and there that Carla was gone. The reason to fight was no more necessary and I could feel all my resolve dissolving into dust.

~•~•~
I'm baaaack.

I hope you guys like the chapter.

Next update: Saturday

I crossed out two criteria that you got me on the last chapter.

Long and consists of Adam so I hope I didn't disappoint. I'm really sorry for the plot twist. I love Carla too and I hate seeing her pass so quickly but..

Thank you to you guys for wishing me a great trip, I certainly had one. I was in a cruise called Mariner of The Seas and I had tons of fun onboard. Totally worth everything. I went ice skating, watched some great shows and ate, a lot. I think I gained some extra weight though.. oh well.

I was thinking about making an ig account to interact more with you guys, I'm still considering it though. Should I? Leave a comment or PM me on what do you think I should do. (I'll certainly be following you all in there)

Anyways, thank you so much for everything you guys have given me.

And make sure, for those of you guys who still can hold your mothers, you give your mothers an Ily today, shower them with love for the rest of their lives and make them feel like the luckiest mother on Earth because you never know when they'll be so amazing that God would want them to be by his side and help him watch over others.

Love while you still can and hug them while you still can.

I love you all, stay strong and stay awesome.

God bless –J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
188K 10.7K 32
Isabelle Holden has become a master of keeping up the good girl facade in order to keep her parents off her back and date the baddest boy in school...
767K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
144K 3.1K 31
COMPLETED (but editing) Let's talk illegal. When you think of the word illegal, you probably think Theft, Rape, Murder, But have you ever thought of...