Never Too Late: A VA Fanficti...

By T_Sang

Dimitri is sent to the academy to train a pregnant Rose. As they train, he learns that there is more to her a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue: Ten Years Later
Outtake: Valentine's Day

Chapter Twenty-Four

2.3K 78 4
By T_Sang

Disclaimer: I don't own Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead does.

RPOV:

Almost immediately, I pushed him back.

“What the hell!” I cried out. It was then that I noticed I was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. I backed away, taking several deep breaths. Don't have a panic attack, don’t have a panic attack, I chanted in my head.

“I’m sorry, Rose, I just thought, I mean, you, I mean, I thought you wanted to kiss me!” Mason spluttered out.

“No, Mason!” I snapped, still on edge. “Look, I know you like me, but I don’t see you that way, okay? I see you as nothing more than a friend.”

Mason looked like I had just stabbed him with a stake. “You...don’t? But...I thought you did...”

I winced, wishing I could take back my harsh words. “No, Mase,” I said softly, trying to soften the blow. “I don’t. I never have. Maybe if this hadn’t happened, we might have had something but...” I shrugged helplessly.

Mason nodded slowly. “So...well, I’m sorry I kissed you. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable,” he said almost formally.

“Mason, can we still be friends? Please?” I pleaded.

Mason hesitated for a second before nodding. “Sure. Just...give me a bit, alright?”

I nodded. “Sure, take all the time you need.” Jeez, hearts were breaking all over the place.

Mason turned around and walked away. I watched him for a moment, sighing. He was soon out of sight and I was left standing alone.

“Want to tell me what that was about?”

I jumped a mile as I realised that Dimitri was standing next to me. I spun around, frantically trying to figure out what he had seen.

“W-what are you talking about?” I exclaimed, my voice an octave higher.

Dimitri raised an eyebrow, his guardian mask firmly in place. “The kiss.”

I blinked, not expecting him to be so straightforward. Quickly I came to my senses. “It was nothing, I swear!” I cried out. “He kissed me but I pushed him away immediately and told him I didn’t see him that way.”

“Rose, calm down, I know you didn’t kiss him. I’m sorry,” Dimitri apologized when he realised how frantic I was.

It came to my attention that I was still shaking. Dimitri noticed this at the same time.

“Roza, what’s wrong?” he asked.

I shook my head. “I-I wasn’t prepared for him to come that close or do that,” I said through a thick throat.

Dimitri glared in the direction Mason went. “He should have known better,” he muttered. He took my hand and pulled me into his chest, holding me close.

Slowly, I calmed down in the comfort and safety of his arms.

“It’s not his fault, Comrade,” I murmured.

“I don’t care, he shouldn’t have done that. You didn’t ask him to kiss you.” Dimitri took several deep breaths, trying to calm down.

“Let’s go,” he said, pulling away. “I was actually looking for you to go to the doctor’s appointment.”

I nodded. “I figured.”

As we walked to the infirmary, I told Dimitri about my blow up on Adrian, and Christian’s subsequent speech.

Dimitri nodded with satisfaction. “Good. I’m glad you told him and that Christian’s on your side. I hope Lissa stays away from him.”

I sighed. “Somehow I doubt it. She still thinks he’s innocent, but I think she’s going to minimize the time she spends with him. I mean, Christian was pretty mad.” I sighed again; I hoped this wouldn’t drive a wedge between them, or break them up. I’d kill Adrian if that happened.

Our conversation came to an abrupt halt as we reached the infirmary. My earlier brooding was replaced with excitement at seeing my baby again.

After Dimitri talked to the nurse briefly, she led us to a room in the back. Instead of the usual hospital bed, the room was decked out like what I imagined a maternity ward looked like. The bed was subtly different and had stirrups. The ultrasound machine was also there, along with the bassinet where the baby would go after it was born. There was only a couple other machines, the use of which I wasn’t sure of, along with several chairs. As soon as I’d scoped out the room, I plopped myself on the bed. Dimitri settled himself in the chair next to me.

Shortly after, the doctor came in. She was young and very pretty. Her golden brown hair was put in a careful bun, and her makeup made her sapphire blue eyes pop. She was about 5’10, an average height for Moroi. Her face was soft, and looked innocent yet wise at the same time. She was also surprisingly curvy for a Moroi, and the overall effect of her beauty and the aura surrounding her was almost mesmerizing. Or so it appeared, as Dimitri couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

I elbowed him hard in the ribs. Dimitri let out a little ‘oof’ as the breath was knocked out of him. He gave me a dirty look, before realising what he’d been doing. He replaced the dirty look with a sheepish one.

“Sorry,” he mouthed.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to let it get to me.

The doctor looked up from the clipboard, which she had been perusing the entire time. She smiled at me warmly, enhancing her gorgeous appearance. I tried not to let that get to me too.

“You must be Rose,” the doctor said, her voice sounding like wind chimes. I felt a scowl make its way across my face; this woman was making it very difficult for me not to hate her.

“Yes,” I said stiffly, controlling my anger.

She looked inquiringly at Dimitri. “And you are...?”

“Dimitri Belikov,” he replied, his voice smooth.

He loves you,I reminded myself, swallowing uneasily. Some pretty face doctor isn’t going to steal him away.

“You will be her birthing coach, correct?” I realised she had a soft accent, a British one. I felt my scowl deepen. Was nothing wrong with her?

“Yes, ma’am,” Dimitri said promptly.

“And you are?” I interrupted rudely.

“Oh, I’m sorry, where are my manners? I’m Dr. Theresa Bryar. But you can call me Tessa.” She smiled warmly at both of us, although her smile widened when she looked at Dimitri.

I felt a possessive growl form in the back of my throat. He’s mine, bitch, I snarled in my mind, glaring at her.

Dimitri seemed to come to his senses and pulled away from her charm. He straightened up in his chair and leaned slightly towards me. I allowed myself to relax.

“Alright, so you are twenty weeks along, I see,” Tessa said, looking down at her clipboard again.

“Mmhmm,” I said absentmindedly.

“I’ll be helping you for the remainder of your pregnancy...” I tuned out as she continued speaking, figuring Dimitri would just let me later what it was that she was saying.

I thought what to name the baby if it was a girl. We’d already decided to name it Ivan if it was a boy, but a girl? I sighed. So many choices. Maybe Alyssa, I considered. In honor of my best friend, even if she wasn’t being such a great friend. I decided to move on form names and to the future. Where would he or she stay? Where would I stay for that matter? I knew that once we graduated, I would move in with Lissa, but maybe I was going to move in with Dimitri? After all, we were together, and he was the father...

“Rose? Could you pull up your shirt?” Tessa’s voice jarred me out of my thoughts.

“What? Oh, okay.” I pulled my shirt up over my baby bump.

“It’s going to be cold,” Tessa warned.

I nodded. Wouldn’t be the first time I felt it. Discreetly, Dimitri took my hand.

“And...there is your baby.” Tessa pointed at the screen.

No matter how many times I see it, I was still filled with wonder. The little baby lay curled up in my womb, a miracle out of something horrible. My smile was so wide it hurt my face and tears formed in my eyes.

“It’s beautiful,” I whispered. I glanced at Dimitri at the same time as he looked at me. We shared a happy smile before turning back to the screen.

“Would you like to know the sex?” Tessa asked as she moved the wand around.

I looked inquiringly at Dimitri. It was really up to him, now. It didn’t matter to me either way, and even though we had decided on it being a surprise, it might have changed.

Dimitri looked back at me, and with one look, we had a whole conversation.

“Why not,” he replied, still looking at me.

“Alright, it is a...boy!” Tessa exclaimed after a moment of moving the wand. “You can see right here.” She pointed at the screen.

I giggled. “His little penis,” I finished for her.

Tessa smiled benignly at me. “Yes, it is.”

“Look, Comrade,” I giggled again. “His little penis.” For some reason, I found this greatly amusing and began laughing hysterically.

 Dimitri sighed next to me, shaking his head. His eyes, however, were bright with amusement. “Oh, Roza,” he rumbled. “What am I going to do with you?” 

A/N: I love the ending xD So Rose xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.2K 44
Nov. 5, 2021 update: restricted (mature content) chapters published as a separate work have been unpublished and won't be accessible. ****ALTERNATE...
2.4K 196 13
Three years after the abduction Rose is about to embark on another bond with Dimitri. But when a series of strange accidents occur, one more terrifyi...
125K 3.5K 31
Rose has run away, - again - she couldn't handle Dimitri not loving her. Even after she gave everything to him. Her secrets, her heart, and even her...
146K 3.8K 37
This is set when Dimitri tells Rose that his love had faded. How will she cope with the heartache? A week after Dimitri leaves Rose visits him and Ta...