From her diary to her heart

By burntpapers

#8 in Romance (September 13 2016) COMPLETED Expectations are something which truly mock you in the face. When... More

1.Discovering the misfortune..
2.The Hamlet situation
3. Memories that call
4.Graduation and it's aftermath
5. Fixed
6.Meeting
7.The l-awfully wed.
8.Knowing Margaret
9.A surprise engagement.
10. Endearments
11. In public.
##SOMETHING IMPORTANT
12.Not that easy
13.The Other side.
14. Our first
15.The lies we say
16. The X games
17.The debt reverts
18. The engagement party
19. Let you know
20. The week after.
22. Crossroad.
23.Left behind
24.Her diary
25.Finding out (Part 1)
26. Finding out (part 2)
27. News
28. Out of hiding
29. Following her
30. The unseen
31. Where she lies.
32.Blue days
33. Trial
34. A sight to believe
35. Welcome home.
36. At her service
37. My worries
#Something important (part 2)
38.The charade
39. When he wrote
40. You do
41. A paradise
42. Love.
Another story
MILESTONE!

21.The wedding

79K 3.3K 288
By burntpapers

I felt miserable and I needed a drink.
Putting my hair in bun in which I failed miserably. The lilac one shoulder bridesmaid dress was beautiful enough to cheer up anybody but I still felt miserable.

I didn't feel like facing anybody and especially him.What a great mood for the wedding.
I pinched my cheeks to bring a little bit of color to my white skin. No I was pale.
I took the the flower crown which I had to wear, with me and got out of the room to go to Serena's room.

Her room was over crowded with the bridesmaids and the make up artists. All the high pitched voices bought a headache.

"Do you need help with that ma'am?" A girl came towards me.
She pointed towards the flower chain which I had.

"Yes I do I am suppose to tug it or pin it I don't know." I gave it to her.

"I'll also help with your make up." She suggested.

"Thanks."

After 5 minutes she was done with me. The mid waist long flowing gown went well the hairdo .The girl was good at it.

"Wow. Thanks."

"Your welcome" She bent and whispered "You look beautiful." She winked and went off in other direction.

I got up from my seat to check on everything. Bridesmaid number three and four who were Jessica and Lauren respectively the were
" retouching" their make up.
Glendora was missing and I for the first I was actually concerned about where she was.

"Hello Everyone!!!"

Speak of the devil.
A sophisticated voice spoke from behind and it was none other than Glendora.

The other girls ran towards and they has their own mini group hug.

"Alright I want everyone to clear the room except the bridesmaids. We girls need some privacy." She ordered.

Within a minute the room became empty leaving us four behind.

"Ah Tiffany didn't see you there." She walked towards me with her heels threatening to crack open the floor.
"Girls look in the bag I got us some drinks." She pointed towards the huge bag.
"Do you drink? Ah crap I am sorry. You are not legal enough."

"I am twenty three."

"Oh." She turned around and walked away.
"Don't know why he married a kid." The girls laughed at her so called brilliant joke.

"If you guys are drinking gimme some too."

We all turned to see the most beautiful bride ever. She looked like an angel glowing.

"How do I look?" She nervously asked.
Everyone was awed and it tool us a while before Jessica blurted.

"Honey you look so beautiful!"

"Yeah totally.Gosh that dress is so good. You look amazing."

"Goddess is what you look. Uh Dave is going to be killed." Glendora commented.

She turned towards me. Now honestly they all took the good words which got me thinking. I think I could sense Glendora's smirking.

"I could marry you right here but it seems unfortunately I already am."
I raised my hand highlighting my ring.
Jessica laughed and whispered 'nice one' on which she ended up getting a glare from Glendora.

"Awe so sweet of you to say that." Serena walk towards me and hugged me.

Good one Tiffany.

"Group hug!" She shouted and I got crushed in all that.
After the hug ended they all sat discussing and I excused myself to get the bouquets.

As I came back into the room I saw Duncan and Claire talking with Serena and and the rest of them huddled in other corner.They both looked very emotional and tinged me a bit. I walked towards the bridesmaid group.

"Hey these are your bouquets."

"She looks so happy." Glendora said softly.
"Wonder when will I get that."
I never saw her sad and when I did see I was a little bit moved. She could be sad.

"You will find it Glendora." I handed her the bouquet.
"You might be next if you catch Serena bouquet."

"Yeah sure thanks." She smiled at me.
"How will I when you stole from me?" And she glared at me.

And she was back.

"You never know you might get lucky."

I walked towards Serena handed her bouquet.

"I think it's about time we leave."
I informed them to which they nodded.

"Hey guys I have to talk to Tiffany alone."

"Okay." Duncan said.
"I'll be waiting down."

With giving her a one last kiss
The older couple ushered the girls out of the room giving us the privacy. I turned toward Serena.

"What's up?"

She walked fast and bolted the door .
"Sit."

I immediately sat down.If this was one of the 'situations' then I had my lines prepared.
She came out with a bag and sat in front of me dumping the bag on the table.

"What's that?"

She continued, placing three small hand sized fancy decorative bottles in front of me and two shot glasses.

"We shouldn't be drinking."

"Shut up I am freaking out and I need this. So shush. And you are drinking with me."

"Let me be the sane one."

"Oh you are drinking honey."

"Where the hell did you get these from?"
I didn't know about her but I was freaking out. I never drank in my whole life and here was I about to do shots with a crazy bride.

"I stole it from Dad's. Relax only one shot."

"I'll keep a count."

"Okay two final." She prepared the drink and gave one of the glasses to me.
"One two three."
I gulped in the burning liquid and it tasted ...weird.
I blinked too many times to get used to the taste but it was hard.

"Oh my god this is so gooooood!
Swear one last one."
"No!"
"Drink up!"
We had another shot and again that weird taste settled again.

"Here have chocolates they'll help."
I had two of them. And she popped one of them.
"Okay now we can go. I am ready to marry."
It really calmed Serena as she seemed relaxed.
If I had known earlier i would have taken this on my wedding day

We rushed down to see everybody already ready. I saw his back and immediately my heart skipped a beat.
I took one huge gulp from the bottle and snucked it back. Yes I sneaked in one bottle for emergencies like these.

"Ah there they are!" Jessica exclaimed.
Everyone turned toward us and our eyes clashed.
Those eyes.
He was in a grey suit looking effortlessly sexy. His hair looked different.It was cut short giving him a boyish charm and looked too good.

"Hi Tiffany." Chad came forward greeting me snapping me out of the daze.
"You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look charming."
He took my hand and led me to the group.
Chad and I talked softly and I couldn't help but laugh at the hilarious incident which happened at the bachelor party.
But still my mind was half diverted towards him. He stood so close right before me. He completely ignored me as if I didn't exist at all. Glendora flirted with him shamelessly and he didn't seem to mind it at all.

Fine so that's how it is.

I decided that I would stick to Chad throughout the wedding.
I slipped my hand through Chad's hand sticking towards him. I smiled at Chad and he smiled back and gripped my hand.
The music began and the first couple started walking. One by one each went and finally it was down to Chad and I.
I smiled at the people who were seated. As soon as I gazed ahead I saw his cold stare towards me.
I was as pissed of as him so I shot him a cold stare back and then turned away.

The rest of the ceremony went smoothly.The vows said, the rings exhanged, and the kiss.
Things went in smooth and we slowly moved into reception.

"Hey its your turn." Chad nudged me.

"Hmm what?"

"Umm your speech? You are the maid of honor."

"Right."
I played with the wine glass stirring it. It made a red whirlpool inside and I was oddly fascinated by it.

"So get up and give the speech!"
He poked me which made me stand up instantly and I laughed as the poking tickled me.
I heard a ringing noise from down and I saw Chad making the irritating noise with the help of the spoon and his wine glass.

Speech.
Speech! Damn! Ofcourse speech!
I completely forgot about it.
My senses which were gone back came because of that realization.
As people expectantly looked at me I got more nervous.

Say a word for god sakes!

"Marriage..."
I felt my throat go dry at this.
People now we're paying more attention. Ugh this was difficult.
I looked here and there for an escape but it seems people were eager to hear it.
Right across the table I saw Zylen. He seemed calm and look directly in my eyes.

I cleared my throat again and began.
"Marriage is something sacred ad powerful. A very few people know the meaning of it. I have been married for almost over an year now I know the meaning of it. Everyone had to face their trials and dangers alone but in marriage you know that there is a person beside you facing and fighting it with you. And what gives us the energy to go through with a trial is each other's love. This love rejuvenates you everyday and it is also the very reason that you defend it.
I have been one of the lucky people to be granted the gift of marriage especially when it is with the person I love and I thank god everyday for it.
My sister Serena is also one of the lucky people to find love and I was so happy to know about it words can't describe.
I have a lot to say but all I want is to wish luck to the happy couple.
Cherish it everyday. And Dave I have my eye on you. Ha anyway
To the happy couple!"

After raising the toast to sat down feeling better. Claps poured in deafening me and I could barely hear the appreciation from Chad.
I felt way better and giddy.
I finished the wine in one gulp to get over my giddiness.
After the the toasts the band started playing and half of the crowd moved towards the dance floor while rest half relaxed with wine and stuffing talking business
This was the second time that I danced with Chad and i was having fun but I also wanted to be in a quiet place.
As he swirled me again turning me to the other side. I saw a very irritated Zylen approaching towards us.

"I need to go somewhere..right now ."

I turned my back and fled the place get squished between heavy ladies and their even heavy gowns.
Passing through the crowd I sprinted entering the little patch of forest before cliff ducking away the branches.

"Hey wait up!" I turned behind to see Chad running behind me.
"You are...fast." He paused and said.
"You okay?"

"I just felt a bit...you know. I wanted quiet."

"Yeah it is. It's a wedding what do you expect. And the people who are attending it."

"I know."

"Let's talk. It will help you relax."

We started walking through the patch. The patch cleared out revealing the same old cliff.

"Whoa."

"Amazing.I know."

"And your speech."

"What?"

"The way you said it. It moved us all."

"Thanks." I was happy that that the wine helped a lot to get mouth moving but to the real credit would go to Chad for poking me.
No actually thank you."

"What? Why?"

"If you hadn't pushed me I wouldn't have said it."

"Not really."

"No I swear I owe this to you."

"Well I guess you are welcome then."
He stood there with his hands in his pocket smiling and and I looked at cliff edge. He told about how crazy did Dave drive him during the Bachelor party as I enjoying listening to Dave's antics and the gentle breeze.

"Hey you must be feeling cold. Here take."
He took of his grey suit jacket
putting it over me.

"Thanks again."

"Don't thank me again and again., Tiffany."

"Oh alright."

"Am I interrupting something?"
I heard a cold taunting voice from behind which was none other than Zylen's. We both turned towards him.
He seemed pissed and tried to hide it but the clenched fist gave him away. Chad didn't noticed that but he definitely felt uncomfortable.

"Oh no not at all. We were just discussing about Dave."

"Hmm I see."

Chad looked aside trying to avoid his intimidating stare.
"Well I'll give you two some privacy." He rubbed his hands and started to leave.

"Aren't you forgetting something Chad." Zylen's commamding voice made the poor man almost trip on a rock.

"Right my coat." Chad turned back and approached towards us back. Zylen stood in between me and him like a pillar. He snatched away his coat of my shoulder and flung it upon Chad face.

"Sorry Tiffany."

"Its-."

"Chad." Zylen's voice boomed again laced with frustration. It seemed that he was on a thin ice and I feared about Chad's safety.
He walked away in a fast manner disappearing into the forest patch.

He took off his own coat put it around me.

"I don't need your damn coat."

"Oh you don't, don't you now?"

"How could you insult him like that?"

"Insult? I haven't done nothing."

"Really. Flinging the coat on his face like that. Who gave you the right to do that?"

"I did not."

"What?! You know what I don't need your coat."
I started to take off the coat.
In a swift motion I he got hold of the jacket and pulled me forward bringing me to a very dangerous proximity to him bringing my lips too close to his which provoked the fire between us he stared at my lips and blinked before he declared.

"You are not taking it off."
He stressed each word to make his point clear.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Weren't you cold?" He said it sarcastically and his hot breadth hit my face distracting me.
I controlled myself.
"I wasn't until now."

"Sure an another man's coat will keep you warm."

That one line hurt me too much. It wasn't the first time he said something like that.
"How dare you accuse me! How dare you-"

"Don't give me that bullshit. Flirting off with a man who you know for barely a day or so and then giving that speech. Well done Tiffany Marc."

"I am not a Marc!"

"You are my goddamn wife.!!!"
He shouted it out loud with so much of intensity that I almost tripped but he caught hold of me and clutching me too tightly.

"Oh I curse my luck for being your goddamn wife!"

"Really?! Didn't exactly sound like it the other night when you were moaning out my name the rest of the night. You seemed to enjoy every moment of it."

His reminding me of that night bought all the pain back which I had buried with so much of difficulty. My eyes watered but my pain turned into anger.

"Well then congratulations Zylen Marc you have been successful in sleeping with your goddamn wife." I said it with all the venom.

"Tiffany!!!"

"You certainly seem to remember it so clearly wonder what happened in the morning? Huh?"
He gulped and looked aside yet not leaving me.

"Right right cause you left your goddamn wife just like that in the morning and went off like nothing ever happened."

"Stop."

"Now what? Stop? Why? If you are my husband then you are supposed to be there by my side.
How surprised I was too see the empty bed. I sear-." I paused for for a while.
"Right why I am telling this to you. Doesn't matter. For you it was just an another night. Shouldn't bother you."

I jerked off from his grip and started walking away.
"And....Take your coat."
I took off his coat and flunged it upon his face just like he did and I began walking away from him.

Tears flowed freely across my face. The more I wanted him the more it hurt.
I entered the villa and it was empty. How long was I arguing with him?

"Where did you dissappear to?"
Glendora stood there looking at me curiously.
She took me by surprise but I was too upset to bother about it.

"Why are you concerned?"

"I am not. It's just that when the bride wants to see her step-sister during the goodbye which causes an awkward scene then yeah I am."

I totally forgot about it. How could I am be so selfish on her wedding day. Ugh It was all his fault.

"I am sorry."

"Yeah tell that to them but it's okay apology accepted."

"What are you still doing here?"

"I am waiting..."

All of sudden Zylen bursted into the hall looking raffled.

"There you are Zylen."

He was about to say something but before that he was cut off by Glendora.

"Honey I want to thank you for day before yesterday. It was a relief."
Glendora smoothly dragged her hand all over his chest and to cover up she straightened his suit jacket.
I stood there in silence after she had exited I spoke for one last time.

"The divorce papers will be sent to you by tomorrow morning. I have already signed them."

And I climbed up the stairs as I forced myself to not to look down.
~☆Author's note~☆
My dear reader,
If you are liking this story then give me a hint in the form of likes comment or even personal message me. Please don't be a silent reader.
Help me make this story a little bit popular. I am sure you will love this story even more when I update.
Your opinion counts.

Your's truly,
Burntpapers :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.8K 48
Do arrange marriages work out? Meet Zoya Ahmed! A unique, simple,carefree girl! A girl who stands up for rights A girl that is just filled with so m...
478K 14K 47
"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to bother you I was just wonderi-" I was cut off " Huh ? Who are you ?" I froze right there at the female voice on the o...
225K 5.5K 53
Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and enjoys the little pleasures in life. "Sh...
109K 5.1K 25
''Let me help you, ma'am,'' a man who was probably the flight attendant said. Damn. Ryerson Reeds even had handsome flight attendants. The man stoope...