An Omega Novel: Fang (Book 1)

Від fictionowl

(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Fang Peak is no ordinary omega. Born with a... Більше

Twins
Trouble Makers
Brave
Getting Out of Trouble
Things Begin to Change
No Ordinary Sub
Fall Out Boys
Mama Alpha to the Rescue
Dominant versus Sub
First Day of School
Big Brothers
A Day With Noah
Jet Ridge
Bad Influence
The Academy
Dominants on Sub Campus
Sign the Petition
I Don't Like Dominants
Home Sweet Home
The Dominant Sub (Part 1)
The Dominant Sub (Part 2)
A Pleasant Surprise
One-Sided Affection
Complicated
Wisdom of the Alpha
Pull of the Mating Bond
A Special Day for Someone Special
Breaking the News
Caught in the Act
Rejection
Getting Over Heartbreak
Trouble
The New Motive
Going Home
Suitor...
The Omega
Lashing Out
Rogue
Alpha Rogue
Little Rebel Wolf
Blast From the Past
It Takes Heart
Trouble In the Valley (Part 1)
Trouble In the Valley (Part 2)
Repercussions
Progress
Mates
United; We Stand
Epilogue

Can We Go Home

36.6K 1.6K 154
Від fictionowl

14 years old

"What happened?" Felix asked in a panicked tone as he burst through the door of Riley and Fang's dorm room almost breaking it off its hinges. Riley yelped at the sudden intrusion but rolled his eyes in annoyance when he realized it was only Fang's twin. Now he understood what the black haired sub meant when he said that dominants over-react.

"I don't know. He's been crying and moping all morning. He hasn't moved at all." Riley explained pointing to the mound covered in sheets on Fang's bed. Every now and then, a high pitched whine could be heard emanating from under the sheets. Felix walked over and sat down on the edge of his twin's bed and placed a hand on the mound. Right away he knew Fang was in his wolf form since the body and bone structure he felt through the fabric was that of a wolf's.

"Fang?" he called. "Are you alright?" Another high pitched whine came as an answer. With a sigh, Felix proceeded to digging his twin out from the bed covers to uncover a white and black wolf with bright green eyes.

"Whoa." Riley exclaimed having seen Fang's wolf form for the first time since they've met. Felix and Fang looked to Riley who stared wide-eyed at Fang's wolf. "You have a very pretty wolf." Fang whined again turning his head back, his ears flat against his head.

"Can we go home?" Fang asked looking up to his brother with hopeful eyes.

"Feeling homesick huh?" the sub whined covering his eyes with his paws. "You know we can't with that rogue issue going on at home. It's not safe for us to be there, it's why mom and dad sent us here in the first place." Fang whimpered sticking his muzzle under the cover his ears still flat against his head. Felix sighed as he knew he couldn't really do anything to put an end to his twin's moping. He felt the same way.

Then an idea popped in his head. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his cell phone and began scrolling through his contact list. Finding his father's number, he called it and after the first three rings, his alpha's voice could be heard on the other end of the line.

"Finally remembered your old man, eh?" Jack teased given that neither Fang nor Felix had called home as often as he had hoped.

"Can we come home yet?" he asked getting straight to the point. Fang looked up from his hiding place and after moving his head from under the covers, he placed his head in his brother's lap whining again in hopes it could be heard on the other side of the phone call.

"No, you can't and you know this Felix. Why do you ask anyway?" Jack asked worry breaking through in his voice as a million different scenarios; all bad, ran through his mind and he was on the verge of shifting and running all the way to Roxborough for his boys.

Felix placed the phone next to Fang's muzzle and the sub whined and whimpered into the mouth piece. The alpha frowned upon hearing the high pitched whine that sounded a lot like his middle child. The larger of the twins then put the phone back to his ear. "Fang is feeling homesick and he's been moping all morning. Actually, we're both feeling a little homesick. " he stated.

"Well, we're slowly getting a handle on the rogue situation since we haven't had any incidents in the past week. I think Ryan can hold on here so maybe, your mother and I could pay you boys a visit."

"How soon?"

"Within a few days at best; I'll start making preparations right away. See you soon?"

"Yeah, bye dad." The call ended and Felix put the phone back into his pocket trying to look sad as best as he could but looking at his twin and how defeated he looked, he just couldn't find it in himself to make his mood worse. Ruffling his twin's head fur, he grinned down at his smaller counterpart.

"Dad said he'll be here in a few days." Fang's ears perked up but it still wasn't enough. He wanted to go home; back to Mount Peak even if it was for just for five minutes. He didn't even have to go inside the cave. He just wanted to be surrounded by wildlife again and be able to shift into his wolf freely and feel the earth beating beneath his paws.

"We can't go back home just yet. They're getting control of the situation but until they do, dad will visit us here at the academy." Felix reasoned. The white and black wolf whined again but he had to admit, his wolf was in better spirits; at least he'd be able to see his parents. He hasn't seen them in almost two years.

*********

Fang's wolf was in high spirits and he was on top of his game as he darted between his team mates dribbling the ball with much skill and running straight to the net and scoring. He and his team mates cheered.

It was only practice but he was happy for two reasons; today was the day that his parents were finally coming to Roxborough to visit them and also, to close off the school year, they were entering the soccer tournament. Of course, their opponents would be human players and not werewolves.

Signalling time out, Fang sat down on the grass as other subs went to get water. Fang was joined by Jesse and Kian who both plopped down next to him.

"That was some goal." Kian congratulated.

"Yeah, it was awesome!" Jesse cheered throwing his hands up in the air and falling onto his back to exaggerate how awesome the goal had been. He sat back up and lightly punched Fang in the arm. "So, did alpha mention anything about my dad coming to visit me?"

Fang just shrugged his shoulders. Yes, Jesse's parents were coming as well to visit he and his twin but he wasn't about to let Jesse know.

"So, are you guys pumped about the tournament or what?" Kian asked overly ecstatic a grin ten miles wide on his face and his eyes bright with excitement. The black haired boy fell onto the grass on his back and stared up at the blue sky over him.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean it is still three weeks away." He commented locking his fingers behind his head as he continued staring up at the sky willing time to go faster so that he could see his parents.

"Do you think we'll do well?" Jesse asked plucking free a blade of grass and fiddling it between his fingers.

Kian snorted and lightly punched the smaller werewolf on the arm in a playful manner. "Come on Jess, we're werewolves. Of course we'll do well." He stated raising his arms and flexing the muscle he'd gained since joining the soccer team. It wasn't anything compared to a dominant's but to a sub, it was something.

Fang listened on as the two continued to blabber on when a familiar scent caught his attention. His senses were still developing but they proved more useful than they did two years ago. The scent reeked of authority and power with a hint of fresh forest air. In a flash, the black haired sub had rolled over onto his stomach and was now looking ahead of him.

There, next to the bleachers, he saw the Roxborough alpha standing next his brother and the other dominant boys from Mount Peak. Also standing with him, were his and Jesse's parents. In the blink of an eye, Fang was off the ground and running in the direction of his parents.

Jack had barely had time to turn around properly when he was tackled by a smaller body that sent him back a few paces. The Mount Peak alpha laughed as his son let go of him only to hug him again. Jack hugged his son again before letting him go so that he could greet his mother. Ellie laughed cradling her son close to her.

"You got so tall." She stated running her fingers through his hair. Fang looked down at his feet then back up at her a wide grin on his face.

"Yeah, you think?" Jack laughed coming forward and pulling his boy into a headlock.

"Before you left you only reached my waist, now you're reaching my chest." Fang grunted fighting to get away from the headlock only to give up and resort to asking his mother to get him off. Jack finally pulled away and ruffled Fang's hair. Fang glanced around his eyes lowering to the ground then back around. Jesse was with his parents but there was one small body that was missing. He should've leant to shift by now.

"Umm...where's Noah?" Fang asked still searching for the small body.

"Back home with Ryan. I figured it was probably too soon for him to come out to a city like this." Jack filled in. Fang couldn't exactly disagree with that; not even the school they attended before was located in a city or near one to be exact.

**********

At the end of the day, even though their parents had left, both Fang and Felix were in higher spirits. At least now, Fang could go back to training for the tournament without the distraction of feeling homesick.

He could focus now. The tournament began in three weeks time and would last at least two months given the amount of schools that would be participating. His parents had promised him that they'd come to every match that he played and he was beyond excited to let his parents see how well he could play the sport.

**********

Three weeks later...

The tournament had begun three days ago and today they had their first match. Their opponent was some high school from Pittsburgh in Riley's home town. Fang couldn't help but think how ironic it was that Riley be on this team and play against a team from his home town.

They had a better turnout of spectators than they'd originally thought. While they knew supporters of the other team would be here and subs from the sub campus, they hadn't expected as many parents and dominants. The black haired sub sat on one of the seats provided for the players, on his side of the field, as he watched the players from the other team goof around and get their muscles ready for the match to be played.

He should be out there gearing up as well especially as team captain but he'd go out in a bit. His nerves were all over the place. They had a bigger than initially thought turnout and it was his first game. He was their captain and he couldn't mess up. Not after he'd pushed his boys this hard.

"Hey!" Fang looked up in the direction of which the voice came to see his twin walking toward him with Nate and Avery by his side. Avery by passed Fang and went straight to his twin who was seated two seats down from Fang. At first, Jesse looked displeased with seeing his twin here but a smile quickly made its way onto his face when his brother wished him luck.

"We just wanted to come wish you good luck out there. The other team looks tough but I know you can take them. We're werewolves." Nate said grinning like it was the best thing in the world. The black haired sub chuckled. Slapping hands with his brother, he smiled up at his twin.

"Do me a favour and kick some ass on that field." Felix added though even as a joke he meant it and he knew if it was one thing his twin was good at, it was kicking ass...figuratively anyway.

"Are mom and dad here yet?" he asked turning in his seat and looking up into the bleachers in hopes of spotting them.

"Yeah, look over there." Nate said pointing in that direction. Higher up on the bleachers, the twins saw their parents and Jesse's parents as well. They were seated next to Dylan and Jackson. "Well, we better go get our seats. The game's starting in a bit." Nate added looking back out onto the field.

**********

Two months later...

Never did he think for one second that they would actually make it this far. While his parents couldn't make it to their last game, his brother was all he needed. Felix had been in the stands; not on the bleachers and he was screaming profanities at the referee for calling unnecessary fouls against Roxborough.

Halfway through the game, that particular referee had to be replaced by another for two reasons. The first was that the Roxborough players had deliberately hit him with the ball on more than one occasion and second, they learnt then that the referee was actually associated with funding the other team. The opposing team hadn't been disqualified from the tournament since it was realized during and not after the game.

Either way, Roxborough had won and were now moving onto the finals. Their opponent was a school from New York that had been unbeatable and held the title for the last five consecutive years. Fang only hoped that they could break that streak and take the title.

The subs from the team were all lounging about in dorm room 32 and it was especially cramped since all the players were in there and plus, few dominants as well. These dominants consisted of Fang and Jesse's brother, Dylan, Jackson and Nate as well as other dominant siblings of the other players who attended the academy on the dominant campus. In one case, one of the subs had recently found his mate and he was here to celebrate their victory as well. In addition, the other subs from Mount Peak who unfortunately didn't want to be on the team were also there.

Fang actually found himself thinking how they all managed to fit in there; well they managed since the dorm rooms were actually pretty spacious.

"So, you guys think New York would be a difficult opponent?" Riley asked from his place grabbing everyone's attention. The sub lay on the floor, his feet propped against the wall as he nibbled on a Gummi Worm; the pack resting on his stomach.

Ronnie snorted from his place on the floor as well not more than a few inches away from Riley. "Obviously." The sub raised his arms in air as he spoke. "I mean, if they've held the title for five years, then they'd have to be really good. I mean like...rival werewolf good."

Jesse shrieked excitedly at the thought and the analogy rolling over onto his back and stuffing another mini muffin in his mouth. "Rival werewolf...super awesome!!" he cheered rolling around in the snack packets that surrounded him. Fang rolled his eyes. They were being bad influences. First Noah and now Jesse.

"I think you've had enough sugar for one day." Avery commented starting to gather the packets and the remaining unopened ones from his twin.

"No!" Jesse yelled shoving his twin away. "Don't touch my food!" he snarled angrily gathering the snacks in his arms like it was precious gold.

Avery shook his head wondering when the hell sugary snacks became a food group. He watched as his twin opened yet another packet and stuffed its contents in his mouth. Jesse had grown to love donuts. His face was smeared with powered sugar.

"Think we can beat them?" Riley asked rolling over onto his stomach after watching Jesse and Avery's little squabble.

The captain of the soccer team who was seated on his bed leaning against the headboard smiled at his team mate. "I think we could. But whether we win or lose tomorrow, it's about the impression we leave; not so much the result of the match."

Felix smirked. "Spoken like a true leader." He murmured under his breath so that only he heard it.

A sound from the desktop computer caught their attention. Fang looked to his twin feeling too exhausted to move from his spot on the bed so Felix got up and went over to the desktop. They had an incoming Skype call from their father.

"Fang; its dad." The dominant twin announced as his father's face popped up on the screen.

"So, how'd the game go?" The Mount Peak alpha asked his eldest son finding his middle child nowhere.

"I think Fang should tell you himself." Felix replied trying to look all defeated and sad. The black haired sub picked up a pillow; very much aware of what his twin was doing, and threw it at him catching his brother square in the back of the head. Felix grunted from the sudden attack. The sub came into view of his father.

"We won dad. We're going to the finals which is in two days." On the other side of the Skype call, the boys heard a high pitched female shriek and their father cringed covering his ears as the boys' mother came into view with a big smile on her face.

"Oh sweetheart! I'm so proud of you!" Ellie cheered excitedly shaking her husband's shoulder as he was so proud of her son. "Your father and I will definitely be coming to your match."

"And, I have some good news for you; all of you from Mount Peak." Jack said loudly catching the attention of everyone and had all the Mount Peak werewolves listening attentively.

"We've been able to secure the borders so that there are little to no rogue incidents. As a result; you boys can come home for the summer." Jack hadn't managed to finish the sentence before all the Mount Peak werewolves began jumping up and down and cheering.

"Jess! We're going home!" Fang yelled getting up and running over to the white blond sub with a sugar powered face. Pulling Jesse to his feet, both boys ran out of the room and began celebrating in the corridor.

__________________________________________________________________________

Just FYI>>> There are more than one betas in the pack. It operates like an actual wolf pack only omegas aren't totally helpless.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Little Prince [✓] Від

Романтика

9.1K 636 35
Nathan is a poor Alpha who grew up in the slums and was only allowed to attend the prestigious Rosemary Hall boarding school due to a stranger's kind...
888K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
Lost in Captivity (Book 6) Від N.A. Carson

Паранормальні явища

377K 20.5K 34
~Book 6 of the Demon Series Three years, and Ranger has nothing. Not even a trail to follow. He’s wandering blind in rogue territory in search of two...
63.9K 2.6K 35
Edward's biggest dream in his life is to make julian knows his place as a omega in this world. The only thing that stops him from his way with the o...