His Last Joke (Sequel to His...

By DCfreakxox

Previously after Eva getting involved in pursuing a certain jewel with The Joker and The Riddler. Evangeline... More

Blank
Home?
I'm Back!
Patient 0801
Therapy Begins
Back Story ?!
I Know You
Glass Slides and Love Bugs
Dinners and Skype Calls
Concrete.
Home?
Settling Back
Just Like Me!
History Repeats Itself
8:30-ish
Behind The Cowl
Is This Goodbye?
Take Me To Him
Here Comes Natalie
Wayne Manor
Fake Blondes
Hot Dogs and Chess?
Alone
Black Out
Miss me?
Founder's island
Package Delivery
Breaking The Bat
Titan
The Power's Call
Test Results
Merry Christmas
Batman To The Rescue
Put Batsie On Speed Dial
The Bat Has To Die
Daughter of The Demon
The Demon Trials
The Grand Finale
Author's Note

Falling Back

2.5K 125 22
By DCfreakxox

~  Chapter 24 ~

After my talk with Bruce I couldn't have felt more relieved. We took to the kitchen island and talked until the sun rose.

" Well, the sun's rising..don't you have work to get ready for?" Bruce smiled at me.

" Oh no, I don't think they need me there." I looked down at the island and Bruce stared at me.

" He's fine, Bruce." I rolled my eyes.

" He's normal. He doesn't remember anything. He's living a regular life..without me. " I sighed.

" I'm sure he still has feelings for you, Eva. He's probably just lost, you of all people should know what it's like." He said.

" No Bruce. He doesn't. What happened to me was different, I had a sense of who I was back then but he doesn't. He's being programmed to a life of a completely different person."  I replied.

" Well then he must be an idiot to see you every day and not fall for you all over again each time." He stood.

" I have to go. I've forgiven you Eva but I still have to go back to Tibet. There's something that needs settling there." He added and walked over to me before he gave me a kiss on the cheek and turned to leave.

" And besides, you didn't exactly tolerate him when you lost your memory either now did you Eva?!" He said on his way to the door before he turned and gave me a subtle wink at the end and left.

I thought his words over and he was right. Damn you, Bruce. I thought to myself.  I was going to head to the asylum but my insecurities got the best of me and I decided to stay. 

* 2 Days Later *

It was getting really boring just staying at home and my mind was slowly killing me. I had decided then that I wasn't a quitter and that I was needed to do my job. I couldn't just let everyone down like that, even if Jack was an asshole. 

I arrived at the asylum at around 11PM and signed in before making my way up to Jack's room. Halfway down the ICU hallway I started to hear yelling and screaming coming from Jack's room. I listened carefully as I quickened my pace.

"I won't explain to you how to do your fucking job!" I heard Jack yell and then came the sound of something smashing and I started to jogged down to his door.

When I reached his door I saw Jack on the bed with two doctors by his side as he was clenching his fists before he grabbed the sides of his head.

" I don't care! I just.. I want- I want to see her! She..she soothes me.." He cringed a little before yelling again.

" I know sir but she's not-" The doctor was explaining before I cut him off by clearing my throat.

The doctors straightened up and looked at me as Jack stared at me from inbetween them. The doctors then nodded at me and left. I turned to Jack when they left and he was still staring at me, his face still red from all the yelling and he swallowed.

"Eva.." He said.

" Good morning, Mr. Jack." I greeted him formally and made my way towards the end of his bed.

He then quickly crossed his legs and I sat. 

"Mr. Jack? You're not serious are you?" He asked quietly.

"Well, since we're not friends I don't see it fit that we be on first name basis." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Eva..I'm sorry okay?! You know I didn't mean that right? I was just angry and I didn't want to argue. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude." He said.

"It's fine. I understand." I sighed.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm so glad you're here. I haven't slept all night." He said and held the bridge of his nose and leaned his head back on the head board.

"And why not?" I asked him.

" I kept having these dreams the past 2 days." He sighed.

"Nightmares actually, but I think they're memories." He added.

" They're all very vague but there are two I remember clearly. " 

"Talk to me." I said encouraging him to go on.

"Well, the first one was at this huge place, like a warehouse of some sort." He sat up as he started to speak.

"There were these platforms..kinda like stairs and there were so many people there. Mostly men, it was like a huge conference and I had just finished slitting this guy's throat in front of everyone before he dropped lifeless to the floor. I cut his throat open straight from ear to ear, there was so much blood.." He paused for a minute still staring at the sheets as his eye twitched a little, a bit like how it used to before he lost his memory. After a few seconds he then straightened up a bit and continued talking.

"Sorry..as I was saying after I had just killed this guy I went back to this house and this tiny blonde girl greeted me. She ran up to me and gave me a kiss but after she was done I pushed her off of me and screamed at her. Something about not liking her to touch me like that and in front of my men.. I then gave her a kick to her side as tears started to form in her eyes before I stormed off somewhere and slammed the door." He spoke.

I realized his dreams were probably things Joker had done in the past that were coming back to him. And the girl was probably Harley..He was remembering his time with Harley. I shuddered slightly as I pictured what she put up with.

"The second dream is very..it's even more unclear yet very umm..graphic." He said.

"It started with this kid.. He looked about 15 or 16. A bit further into the dream I realized that he looked an awful lot like me but I wasn't sure. He was in this..this messy room. The curtains were broken down and the window was in shards on the floor, even the wall's colours were chipped. There was a single dusty desk with a few books stacking on it. He was sitting there on the floor of his room with his back against the bed's front almost as if he was waiting for something. Then came this woman's piercing voice shouting orders and he went out of the room. He made his way into the dirty kitchen and opened the cupboard pulling out a tray and went over to the stove which had all kinds of pills and cigarrettes and drugs I couldn't recognize on it. He then opened this bag and got out a small packet of white powder before putting some out on the tray and filing them with little card into four straight lines before grabbing two drinks from the fridge and heading out. He then stepped into this room with some sort of red lighting and smoke everywhere. He approached this woman dressed in the tiniest of clothes and placed the tray on the coffee table in front of her. ' He's almost here, you know what to do. Get outta here!' She yelled at the boy as he left the tray and went back to his room. After a while this man came and music boomed as they drank and snorted heroin before they were fucking on the couch. After the man left the woman trampled her way into the boy's room as he was sitting in a corner next to her bed toying with the fallen curtain's ruffles. ' Hey kid. Why so gloomy?!' She said but he didn't reply to her. ' Why do you always have to be so miserable?! Why do you never get anything right?! Why can't you just do what you're asked for for once and maybe they wouldn't all leave me!!' At that point she was screaming at the boy but he wouldn't budge. ' Why do you always ruin my mood like this?! Can't you see you're scaring off my men with your fucking negativity?! Why are you always so depressed?! Why do you have to be so serious?! Oh I know! I'll make you smile! I know how to put a smile on that face!' She screeched and in a split second she grabbed a broken shard of glass and slashed the kid's face. 'How do you feel now boy?!' She then yelled at him and slashed the other side of his face. 'Still so serious?!' She cocked her head to the side before throwing the piece of glass in his face and storming out of the room..I didn't think it could be me until she did that to him. It just didn't feel like it was me because I was watching everything from my point of view and not..his." He said and I caught a glimpse of his hand which was now balled into a fist over the covers.

I realized it must've been another one of his scars' memories. Now even without the toxin he still wouldn't have remembered the actual story. You could say his forgetfulness of the event is some sort of post traumatic reaction.

"A-and you know what's the worst part about this dream? It's when she was..doing that.. to me. It was just..things got so noisy a-and-" He started to explain but his voice broke off. I looked down at his hand and he had let go of the covers and it had started shaking as he constantly clenched and unclenched it. I started to worry about him and stood up.

"Jack.." I said quietly as I put a hand on his shoulder, pushing him back softly and into the bed .

" I think you need some rest..I'll send you a low dosage of sedative to help you get some sleep." I spoke as he looked up at me with wide eyes as he slid back into the bed. I then pulled the covers from under him and threw them on him.

"Get some rest, Jack. I'll see you tomorrow." I said before I left the room.

----------------------------------------

Hey guys!!

Here's the first update for today!

As you can see I'm slowly breaking free of this plot :P

I hope you guys have enjoyed this one!

Those of you who are waiting for Joker's return don't worry I assure you he's not as far away as you think ;)

Don't forget to tell me what you think about my original take on another scars story!

I hope you're all having a great day xx

Don't forget to comment your thoughts below! And vote !! 

Much love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 581 43
Per·plex·i·ty: inability to deal with or understand something complicated or unaccountable. The Riddler. His mission, figure out a way for the him an...
494K 15.4K 40
Evangeline Striker. 25 years old. Has a PHD in psychology, and is a current Dr. at the Arkham Asylum. What happens when a past patient is back? Will...
51.2K 862 15
(Y/N) (L/N) AKA Prometheus is a known vigilante and killer of cops. 6 Years after he escaped Task Force X he's recaptured by a small army. After that...
51.1K 1.8K 30
Sequel to 'Fools'. Six months have passed since the events at Arkham Asylum and both Charlotte Bateman and Edward Nygma are still locked up and kept...