Maybe Forever (Book 1 in Nemi...

By NickNemiDemi

PART 1 OF FOREVER SERIES: Nick & Demi became best friends shortly after meeting. They grew up together, share... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28 (Nick's POV)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
To readers

Chapter 2

9.8K 229 16
By NickNemiDemi

Demi

I was so excited to start filming my first movie lead in Camp Rock. At the cast & crew meet party, everyone was so nice & welcoming. I felt so good about it. I got along with all the cast members, making lots of new friends. Nick Jonas was the only one I didn't get to talk to much. I got the impression he didn't like me. He seemed to hang out more with his younger brother or himself, than with anyone in the cast. His brother, Joe, said he was just shy til he gets to know ya. I hoped he would eventually like me. I didn't like it when someone didn't like me. I wasn't going to let anything get me down. I couldn't wait to hang out with everyone. They all seemed so cool. I had a feeling I was going to have some of these friends for life.

I found myself thinking of Nick whenever I thought about the movie. I thought he was so cute with his gorgeous brown eyes & head full of messy curls. I didn't know much about the Jonas Brothers, really. I did see their video for "Mandy" online last year, but I didn't remember much about it. I liked the song. It was catchy. I knew Nick was dating Miley because Alyson had told me at the party when I asked about him. I decided to look up the Jonas Brothers online to see what else I could find.

Six hours later, my mom came in my room to tell me to come down for dinner. I was on youtube for six hours watching interviews, myspace videos & whatever else I could find on the brothers. They were very entertaining & now I liked them even more. Nick was pretty funny & damn, he could sing! Watching all the clips & such online gave me more insight into the guys, too. I felt like I knew them a little better now. They were incredibly talented and, suddenly, I was feeling nervous about shooting this movie.

On Friday night, my friend, Marissa, came over to stay for the weekend. We were celebrating my birthday the next day & then in a few weeks, I was leaving for Canada to start filming. We weren't going to see each other for a month or so & I would miss her terribly. She was my best non celeb friend. We had known each other since we were ten & clicked right away. I told her everything & trusted her completely. She was the one I called after the party & got an earful about everyone & everything. She heard about Nick & even accused me of having a crush on him.

Coincidentally, that night, the Jonas Brothers were going to be on Hannah Montana & Marissa & I planned on watching it after High School Musical 2. We both loved Zac Efron. I had posters of him on my walls. Before the movie started, I showed Marissa some of the Jonas Brothers videos online. We laughed a lot. She agreed that Nick was cute but she said Joe was hot. We both agreed Kevin was sweet & very handsome.

Marissa & I were totally fangirling while we watched Hannah Montana. I also found myself being very attracted to Nick. Maybe it was the rock star side of him or his squeaky voice, but I was drawn to him. I could relate to him. I felt a connection that I couldn't explain. I remember when him & I were sitting on the bench at the party in silence, I felt comfortable. I would have thought sitting with a virtual stranger in silence would feel awkward but it felt exactly the opposite of that. It was an easy silence. It was like we didn't even need to talk. I understood him even when he didn't say anything. I felt like him & I were very much alike, even if I didn't know anything about him. This feeling I had now watching him on screen had me intrigued. Why would I feel a connection like that to him? Is a friendship in the stars for us or is it something more? I know he had a girlfriend, but they were young. I doubt they would stay together forever.

Finally, the day came when I arrived on the set of Camp Rock. Seeing everyone was like a reunion. The first night we had a bonfire & got reaquainted with everyone. The crew had set up the various sets earlier in the day while the cast got settled in our rooms & had class. We had a teacher on the set for us. School would be fun with all my friends. I had been home schooled since I was 12, so I was used to this way of teaching but usually it was just me & my sister.

The Jonas Brothers didn't arrive until right before the bonfire started. I was sitting with Alyson & Meaghan when I saw Nick. He had a guitar slung over his shoulder & he looked incredibly sexy. He was wearing a pair of black jeans & a red hoodie. He sat down on a log bench & Joe sat next to him. They were talking & laughing. Kevin sauntered toward them, talking on his phone. Kevin ended his conversation & put his phone away & started saying hello to everyone around him. A few of the guys from the crew gathered around Nick & Joe. Nick strummed on his guitar, which sat, now on his lap. He wasn't playing anything in particular. He just stroked the strings gently in a soothing rhythm. The fire crackled in front of him, casting a flickering shadow across his face.

I was watching Nick when he suddenly looked my way. I smiled & waved my fingers at him. He nodded with a tiny smirk & looked down at the fire. A few minutes later, he started to play a familiar song. It was "Let it Be" by the Beatles. We all went in closer to the boy with the guitar, as if he was a God. In a sense he was, because he could play anything. He & Joe started singing in perfect harmony, of course & eventually, everyone else joined in. After that song was over, he went right into another song. This went on for quite some time. He played old songs & a few that were current on the radio at the time. It was incredible how well he played & sang. His voice was raspy at times & I think it was changing as he was becoming a man. It didn't matter. He still sang beautifully. I was mesmerized. He barely looked at me the whole time he was playing & for some reason I was a little disappointed. I hoped I was wrong & that he did like me. It wasn't looking like he cared that I was there.

It was close to midnight when Nick finally put the guitar down & stood up. He stretched & headed over to the food table. I watched him grab a plate & load it up. He sat down to eat at a picnic table that his brothers were sitting at. I watched him interact with his brothers & he was smiling, talking & laughing a lot. Alyson nudged me. "Go over there. You know you want to."

I looked at her in disbelief. "What? No I don't. I was just.... observing."

"Sure." Her voice lowered. " I won't say anything to anyone if you have a crush."

I laughed. "I don't have a crush."

She just smiled & got up & headed toward the table where Nick sat. She sat across from Nick & they started talking. I sighed. I contemplated for a few minutes & then gave in. I headed over there, too. On my way over I debated on where to sit. There was a spot next to Nick on the edge of the bench or a spot between Alyson & Kevin. If I sat between Alyson & Kevin it would look too obvious that I was avoiding sitting next to Nick. Maybe I could squeeze my butt on the tiny edge of the bench next to Alyson across from Nick. With my luck I would fall off & look like an idiot. I decided I would just stand at the end of the table near Alyson & see if she moved down.

Nick looked up as I approached. I waved at everyone. "Hi guys."

Everyone said their own version of a greeting. Alyson had a sly smile on her lips. I know what she was thinking. She wasn't budging so she'd force me to sit next to Nick. Joe & Nick were talking about one of the songs they had sung earlier.

"You guys sounded great!" I interjected.

Joe smiled. "Thanks Demi. Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe next time you could sing with us."

"I'd love to!" With that I sat down next to Nick. He rolled his eyes & scooted closer to Joe as if I had a disease. I felt an ache in my chest. Even Alyson noticed & gave me a genuine smile. She started a conversation with me immediately. I was so grateful. I don't even remember what we talked about.

At some point everyone got up from the table except me, Alyson & Nick. Nick was listening to our conversation but not saying anything. I can imagine he was pretty bored. I think we were talking about the dance moves in the movie. Someone called for Alyson & she left the table. Nick & I were alone. He had scooted even further from me after Joe had gone. He sipped at his can of diet Coke.

I was surprised when he spoke up first. "Are you a good dancer?"

I looked at him & shrugged. " I don't know. I guess. I'm not horrible but I'm not a ballroom dancer or anything."

He nodded & took another swallow of his soda.

"Do you dance?" I asked.

He almost spit out his drink. "Not at all." He laughed as if he was recalling a funny memory.

"You look like you have potential."

He looked right into my eyes. My heart skipped a beat. "How is that?"

I blushed & was relieved it was dark so he couldn't tell. "You have a nice body & have rhythm in your blood."

He kept staring at me. I kept glancing away, nervously. I was afraid if I stared back at him I would lean in & kiss him. He smiled & laughed suddenly at the same time. I saw his teeth flash in the dark. "If you say so...." He stopped laughing & took another drink. "I'd love to watch you dance sometime." He looked down at his can & traced the rim with his finger.

I didn't know what to say. I was surprised by his statement. "Really?" I watched his face closely. "You want to see me dance.... hmmm....And to think I thought you didn't like me."

Nick's eyes found mine. "Seriously?" He asked. "Why would anyone not like you?"

Blushing again, I stared at him. I smiled. Then I giggled. "It's impossible not to like me ya know?"

He laughed. I absolutely loved his laugh. I wanted to hear it again. "I can see that." He smiled at me, showing me his teeth. I realized that he had been inching toward me. We were only a few inches from each other & I wanted to reach out & touch his face. I wanted to grab his face & press his lips into mine. Thank goodness my impure thoughts were interrupted by Alyson sitting back down across from me. The rest of the night, I tried to ignore the warm & fuzzy feelings I was having for Nick & contrated on just being his friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 605 19
Jaden and his friends decided to go to an art gallery one day. It was all fine and dandy until Jaden decided to explore on his own, finding himself b...
8.4K 370 14
Who was Noah before he became Flynn? How long did he crush on Elle Evans? This is a Kissing Booth prequel...all about Noah, told from his POV.
89.3K 2.9K 117
What if Katniss and Gale really ran away? What would happen. Would they keep themselves and their families alive in the woods? Is everthorne ment to...
333K 9.9K 40
What would happen if The Hunger Games never happened? Katniss and Peeta never got picked and all the people in the original hunger games were placed...