Hostages (Book 2)

By nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... More

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 27

51 3 4
By nanaedc

I froze when I pulled back from Zachary. I tried turning my head towards Koby but Zachary restrained me by my chin. "Don't look at that."

"You killed him?" I looked at him "What the hell!"

"Aria you heard what he said,I couldn't let him live after openly threaten you."

"Yeah,I heard him. About the part where he said he had nothing to do with any of these murders,nothing to do with me! So you didn't have to kill him Zachary!"

"He's a mafia leader,he was more than likely lying."

I yanked myself from his grasp. "You can't base someone's life on a hunch Zachary. All we came for was answers,someone to deciphen the code of numbers. We was supposed to walk in with questions and leave with less and a new ALIVE enemy--"

"He was our enemy before we arrived! I plucked a target off you and Naomi's back,how am I wrong!?"

I examined his face then narrowed my eyes. "You killed an innocent man and you don't see what went wrong?"

Zachary scoffed and rolled his eyes. "He was anything but innocent."

It was my turn to scoff before I spun around and left the room and soon the building.

When everyone was in the limo it drove off back to the hotel and I stayed away from everyone while looking out the window,I know what I said to Zach but my head was filled with more questions than this morning. I accepted that being with Zachary will bring me enemies and being a #1 hacker makes me on many criminals wishlist. My questions orginate from why Theo and Tim were killed,I know now that Timothy was shot without order or command so what did Theodore find that put his life in jeopardy?

And what was he doing digging in my parents murder in the first place,it happened over a decade ago. I felt three stares on me and my ears caught on the small female voice slicing through the tension.

"Is it just me or was this night a failure?" Naomi asked.

"No,Aria was right. We left with fewer questions." Harry replied.

"I was right about you and her being in danger still and now we know why. And we know what the motive was on that home invasion." Niall added.

"And this little note,of numbers,what are we gonna do with it now? There's no translater." Zayn pointed out.

"There was five people in the world who knew this language,three are gone and one can't read it. Which leaves one,I'll find him."

My mind went back to Tim's farewell letter and recalled how he spoke. As if he knew that someone was after them,so did he know who? Who's house did they break into? The stench of blood radiated off my arm and choked my lungs making me scrunch up my nose. I took the hankerchief from the cup holder beside me and roughly tried to wipe it off my skin but only made it red and burn,I sucked my teeth and put the napkin back as the car pulled up to the hotel entrance.

I took off my heels before stepping out and walked to the elevators. When we were locked back in the room I tossed the heels aside and spoke to the people behind me without turning, "I'm sleeping on the couch tonight."

Behind me I heard someone sigh then, "You can't be serious Aria."

"Actually I'm very serious,"I turned to Zachary "like I was when I asked you not to kill him. But magically you were deaf when I said that so don't suddenly hear me now,your not even gonna apologize either,are you?"

He shook his head. "I won't say sorry for protecting you."

"So that's what your telling yourself now? That it was a protecting act?"

"I wasn't thinking about killing him until he started talking about you. And I don't regret it," he motioned to the couch "So please don't sleep on that."

I rolled my eyes and walked in the bedroom for comfortable clothes preparing to sleep in the living room.

~~~

With one hand behind my pillow and the other gripping the edge of the sheet I tightened my shut eyes when someone drew the curtains back. I turned around  and nearly bumped my head when my eyes locked with Zayn's,and I sighed heavily when I saw him smile.

"Time to get up."

"No it's not,the sun's still out,"I reclosed my eyes "How are you always awake this early?" I immediately said.

"I wake up when it's time to,it's you who likes to sleep in."

"OR since its always the men in this suite then that means males are wired differently from females and in this case,your wired wrong."

"Has anyone seen the charger to my laptop!? It was last in the bathroom." I heard Naomi say close by.

"See? It's just you. Now come on,we have a busy day ahead of us."

I'm really gonna go crazy in here if I can't sleep my regular hours. I opened my eyes and threw glares at Zayn who was still smiling then I got up properly this time and went to the closet and drawers. I switched up my morning routine a bit and made my outfit before taking it with me in the bathroom. I brushed my hair and my teeth,washed my face and applied the makeup before pulling my shirt over my head.

When I was able to see again the mirror was foggy and I smelled Axe Men Body Wash strongly,my face showed confusion soon after because I didn't remember showering. I turned around towards the shower and jumped when I saw Zachary standing there in nothing but a towel wrapped loosely around his waist.

My hand flew to my heart and the other wrapped the shirt around my stomach as I scolded him,"Zachary what are you doing in here!?"

"I can ask you the same," he looked down on me then smiled "Were you planning on showering with me?"

I waited till my heart was at it's regular pace (with a few skips) before I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "The last thing that I want to do is be that close to you. I had no idea you were even in here..but now that I do,I'm leaving." I grabbed the rest of my clothes and hugged them to my bare stomach before swinging the door open,the steam being the first to leave because he caught my wrist.

"How long are you planning on staying mad at me?"

I looked at him specifically his facial emotion and saw a track of sadness,even his question sounded sad. But I can't let him walk over me than let him get away with it hours later. "When I'm sure you deserve it Zachary. And I know that your not used to people showing angry emotions towards you but the procedure is simple and all you have to do is apologize. And I do the rest."

"I think you've done enough Ari. I couldn't even sleep last night cause of you...I can't apologize but I can promise to never shoot someone near or even feet away from you and to never deliberately disregard what you say."

He really can't apologize? Murder deserves much more than an 'I'm sorry' but in this lifestyle that's all that's needed,the most the person can do. He really can't say sorry for spraying someone else's alcohol stench filled blood all over me? It smelled as though his blood was alcohol. Honestly it hurts that he can't more than it makes me mad.

"You can say all that but not two small words? I know it might mean little to nothing to you but it would mean alot to me."

Zachary closed his mouth and avoided my eyes. He never responded except the pattern he made on my wrist.

I spoke smaller than intended to. "How do you want my forgiveness when you won't even go the lengths of saying I'm sorry? I begged you not to kill him because I witnessed enough death,exprienced enough loss...and when you shot him anyway you were basically showing me that you didn't care what I felt or what I was going through. You wanted him dead so you killed him. So pardon me if I don't want to be in the same room or shower with the man I thought cared about my feelings and what I have to say."

I kept my face still as he  observed it then he slowly released my arm and I bolted out right after but not before mumbling, "Like he told me so long ago."

***************

Till the next episode?!

Have your parents ever told you that your on your phone too much then takes it away from you for a whole month? Because thats what my parents did and they have yet to give it back,I missed updating and reading your comments. Giving notices seems pointless now.

1 out of 4!

ENJOY?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...