The Nerd Can Fight (#1)

By justanothergirl1314

(First book of the series - cos people keep on missing my sequel announcement 😭) Cassandra Johnson is Pixie... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Published
Sequel
Prequel - Bryant's Story
Ily

Chapter 41

66.7K 2.7K 554
By justanothergirl1314

I wanted to say Happy Birthday to @Wolvesrockxd101 , thank you for the votes and support 😊❤️

I hope you lot are gonna like this chapter xp Enjoy!

~•~•~

The night seemed to stretch longer and I found myself wishing I could fast forward it all and get it all over with. I was exhausted from the day's events what with Sonia almost finding out and having my parents call me 10 minutes ago, saying that they'll be back home soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that they'll be around. We'll have movie marathons, eat some sushi, grab a few ice cream and pig out together but it'll undoubtedly get harder for me to sneak out into the night for these fights and God knows how much I can't afford missing out on these fights.

One missed encounter and you're out.

It was a huge tournament and although I wasn't aiming to win the whole thing for pride and fame, I did aim to collect enough money to fund Carla's medications and 'enough money' isn't just 2 grand. 2 grand can probably get her two treatment at the most but to actually give her an operation and a kidney transplant and give her all the medications she needs would mean way more than 2 grand and the only way that I can afford that much is by winning this thing.

So that's what I'm going to do.

The crowd was loud tonight and there seem to be a bit more than the other nights. I fidgeted as I looked around for Levy. I swear if this guys turns up late because of some hookup, I'm gonna 'eradicate' the shit out of him.

My mind wandered off to the evening when I was patching Adam up and my cheeks immediately flamed with embarrassment at where my thoughts were drifting.

What the hell was I thinking?

I shouldn't kiss him. I shouldn't even like him. He's a friend.

He kissed you back. My conscience taunted in a sing song voice and I felt my cheeks heat up even more, thinking how our lips molded together. I could still feel the tingle that settled on my lips while I unconsciously touched it gingerly with my fingers.

Dammit Adam, why you got to be so hot?

This is making it so much harder for me to control my feelings. Argh. Damn you, hormones. I need to buy a freaking leash.

"Yo Pix!" I sighed in relief when I finally heard the familiar greeting.

"What the hell took you so long?" I marched up to him, grabbed him by the arm and practically dragged him all the way inside.

"I brought a special supporter tonight," I made a face at that.

"Lev, a slut won't support you. In any case, her racks that are probably hanging out of her three-sizes-too-small shirt are going to get your ass kicked in the ring," I chided him. He should've known better than to bring some slutty ass chic into this place.

"Oh, come on Pix, you know it's gonna be fun," he wiggles his eyebrows as if he was sure I was going to see it from his man raging hormones point of view. I mentally gagged at the thought and stopped briefly to deliver a whack upside his head before continuing to drag his heavy ass all the way to the back door.

"I may fight like a guy, act like a guy, talk like a guy, swear like a guy or hell, even take a bath as quick as a guy but beneath all this shit, I still have racks, no matter how tiny they are, and a vajayjay and let me tell you, this bitch is straight as it can get so chuck it, you pig!" I ranted and he immediately shut up. Good boy.

We were greeted the now-all-too-familiar hard exterior facade of the guard asking for passes and after taking a brief glimpse of the passes shoved to his face, he opened the door for us, not even sparing us another glance.

I rolled my eyes at the typical gesture. Why do they give us passes that they won't even inspect. I mean, dude, I could've easily faked one and the big dude wouldn't even notice. I huffed out a breath once we're inside and when we reached the changing room, I immediately started getting ready. Levy warned me that my opponent from today onward won't be as lenient or idiotic as the last.

I snorted at the thought of that pussy ass sexist bitch. Anyone could've beaten his ass in twenty seconds flat with a blow to his temple.

Nevertheless, the basics of fighting is to never underestimate your opponent. I should know, the first time my brother finally paired me up with Monic after training us separately, she threw me off so bad, I didn't even have time to soak anything in before I was on my back with her pinning me down by my neck.

Let's just say my ego was severely bruised by how that fight ended.

Not longer than fifteen minutes later, we were called out and escorted to the stairs where the spiky hair dude stood with the same posture as the guy in the entrance.These guys look so stiff that I was afraid their limb might fall off if they moved it but I couldn't blame them for looking so guarded.

With these kinds of business, you can never be too cautious.

I climbed up the stairs with my shoulders squared and my head held high, going for an intimidating approach.Tonight's when the real danger starts.

Passing my duffel bag to Levy, I bent over and slipped through the ropes to enter the ring and face my opponent.

My hair was already tied in a high ponytail and my whole body was driven with a new kind of tremor; determination. I was wearing my usual black tight fitted shirt with black shorts. I would never admit it but there was a small part of me that felt vulnerable under the stares of many people.

I may act like I bask in their yells and shouts encouragements to keep on beating the shit out of people but with my hair having to be kept away from my eyes as to not disturb my focus, my features were completely exposed and if someone from my other life were to enter this place right now, they would undoubtedly figure out who Pixie is and call out on me.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I pushed the thoughts away and emptied my mind, trying to give the fight my undivided attention. You have to win. No distractions. There shall no be distractions.

I stepped forward and met my opponent, seizing him up in advance. My eyes flew to the timer and saw that it was inactivated. I took my time in assessing the guy in detailed. His nose was crooked but most fighters have their nose damaged once or twice in a fight, it was inescapable so I disregarded it without a second thought.

Looking closer, his left eye looks more glazed than the other under the light and I narrowed my eyes slightly, trying to drink up the new information. My eyes then trailed lower, discarding the antsy feeling I got from looking at a naked torso and continued observing every cut and scar on his body.

Finally, after scanning for quite a while, I saw something worth looking at. The way he was standing was unbalanced. He keeps on shifting his feet, as if trying to keep his weight on one foot and he seemed to do so mindlessly, like a man riding a bike any other day. I knew then that I hit a jackpot.

It was a quick win, I knew I could swipe at his foot easily but I wan't heartless. I promised myself then that unless it was a pressing moment, I won't stoop that low. If I saw it right, then it appeared to be his knee cap, probably kicked from previous fights.

The bell signaled the start of the fight and we circled each other. I saw how his eyes were calculating and how his feet were shuffling quicker, giving off the fact that he was trying to hide his weakness. I feigned obliviousness to the way he semi-hobbled discreetly.

Though I have to admit, even with an injured leg, he seemed to be holding up just fine and I knew I was proven right when he landed a jab on the side of my face, catching me off guard and causing me to stumble.

I held my cheek, stunned for a while and when he started to advance towards me, reflexes kicked in and I veered myself away before he could land a kick on my ribs. Dammit, Case! Focus.

Breathing deeply, I remembered a saying from an old friend, "In life, there's only 2 choices. Live or die. It's either you keep moving forward or you stay still and build a fort." But building a fort will resolve in death sooner or later, it's equivalent to death.

So with that thought, I locked eyes with the guy and charged forward. I threw a fatal hook to his temple, throwing him off for a second and not giving him a chance to regain his composure before kicking him on the ribs.

I tried throwing a straight punch but he surprisingly caught my arm and managed to maneuver himself behind me, my arm still in his grasp. He caught my other arm and held them behind me, his hold sliding down to grab me tightly by my wrists.

I can hear his ragged breathing and his hot breath fanning the back of my neck lightly and I gritted my teeth. Let's improvise, shall we?

In one fluid movement, I flicked my wrists, effectively wrenching them out of the tight hold and grabbed to his wrists instead and turned my body in a quick ninety degrees while keeping my hold on his wrists as tight as possible and brought him to his knees.

With one look, I could tell that he was in shock letting me think I have the upper hand before I tried to knee his face but instead, he bent backwards and my knee hit an empty space instead.

Before I could even register what was happening, he swiped my feet beneath me, causing me to crumble down to the ground with a surprised gasp, my eyes wide with astonishment.

I mentally appraised him for his quick reflexes while rolling quickly to the side, trying to create a safe distance between us before getting back onto my feet.

He's good, alright.

I barely dodged another blow he delivered, twisting my body slightly to the right. I turned back to see him, catching his breath and raised an eyebrow at him, my own chest heaving at the effort of trying to avoid his hits.

"What? Tired?" I asked daringly. He was good and I was probably asking for an early death by taunting him but I just need to get a kick out of this whole thing.

"Not even the slightest," he forced out between pants before going in for another hit and this time, I saw it coming. I felt the adrenaline pumping and driving me forward.

Finally! I thought exasperatedly while I counter his attacks with my own this time, already figuring out his tactics.

I successfully sent him sprawling onto the floor with one kick and stalked towards him only to have myself land on my hind a second later.

I shook my head a bit, trying to get a grip of myself at the sudden attack. When I looked back towards my opponent, I saw him on his feet, already walking towards me and I feigned a dazed look, running through my options. Two can play this game.

Seeing that I was in no shape in another game of tag, I finally went for the death blow. I silently gave out a prayer to the man above to forgive me one day for what I was about to do. I held my breath and when he was just a couple of steps away, my leg shot out and kicked out on his foot resulting in him crying out in pain.

I approached his writhing form in a semi-rushed, semi-wary state as my eyes went over his injuries while he held onto his foot tightly with his face scrunched up in complete agony and his body twisting and bending over.

My heart twisted and my conscience was screaming at me to do something. My feet, though, betrayed my brain and stayed rooted on it's place. I couldn't seem to do anything while a bell rang out in the distance, however it was muted into a low buzz as people in uniform ran into the ring with a stretcher and brought the guy out.

I felt my arm being grabbed and my body being pulled along. My mind remained silent and my heart was as heavy as it has ever been, twisting my emotions in an odd way while conflicting feeling raced through my body and threatened to take over.

Two fingers snapped themselves in front of me and I was quickly brought back into reality as everything went back to it's normal motion and my senses heightened once again, my eyes scanning the place for a threat.

Once I saw Levy in front of me, I tensed up. I'm Pixie right now. No remorse, no emotions, no weaknesses. I can't show them anything. I looked into Levy's eyes only to find him grinning in triumph and pride.

This guy is sick. I concluded mentally as I stared at his victorious expression.

"You did it, Pix. Not that I've ever doubted you but the first few minutes was intense, you were flying all over the place and just like that," he snapped his fingers again, "you finished him off and sent him crying for his mama. God, you're one of a kind," he says in brotherly pride, his eyes shining with how proud he was.

Meanwhile, I felt sick to my stomach at the words he used. I gave that guy a fatal injury, used his weakness against him. That wasn't fighting, that was cowardice.

No, it's not. You needed the money.

Oh so now you're in my side? Wow, good for you. A second ago, you were screaming at me like I murdered a newborn in cold blood.

Oi, I'm trying here.

Yeah, sure. Of course you are.

I mentally rolled my eyes, forgetting the situation at hand until Levy escorted me out the building but instead of accompanying me to my bike, he led me straight to the doors where spectators go through.

I gave him a questioning look and he shrugged.

"I told you I brought a special guest. Why don't I introduce you guys?" I groaned in annoyance.

"Lev, I love you and all but I am honestly in no mood to meet some slu-" I was cut off by a terrifyingly familiar voice and I felt my heart skip a beat.

Scratch that, my heart skipped 5 beats.

"Some what?" A high pitched voice screeched nearby and I cringed,  squeezing my eyes shut and counting to ten.

Please don't be who I think you are. Please. God, if you're listening in right now, I know I owe you a lot of favors by now but please just do this one thing for me, I promise I'll donate as much as I can to the orphanage nearby. Just please don't let it be her. ANYONE but her.

I heaved out a breath.

"Pix, I want you to meet-" Levy begun but I cut him off, already knowing who it was even though I was mentally praying it was someone else.

"Sonia." I finished for him, finally turning around to meet a gaping Sonia.

Yep, definitely screwed as fuck.

~•~•~

There ya goooooo~

Dang, she's in some deep shit. Dammit Lev, keep it in your pants!

Hope you guys liked the chapter and don't hesitate to drop in and pm me, I won't bite and I promise to reply to your messages as soon as I can.

Love you all, stay awesome and stay strong.

God bless -J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.5K 39
{COMPLETE} {EDITING IN PROCESS} Ashley Winster, an alternate persona of what the world expects her to be. One who never follows r...
222K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
318K 8.6K 23
Everyone knows Shelly Summers as the schools typical nerd, with dorky glasses. Who wears lose shirts and sweatpants to school, tying her hair in a me...
Fighter girl By Jade

Teen Fiction

789K 20.3K 28
I'm a fighter, I fight for the the things I want, I fight for the little family I have, I fight for everything I believe in, but most of all I fight...