Going for Glory ;; An Amoursh...

By TheNameIsMark

After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto re... More

Chapter 1 - Something Ends, Something Begins!
Chapter 2 - Meeting Old Friends!
Chapter 3 - Preparing To Battle!
Chapter 4 - Tournament Training
Chapter 5 - Serena vs Miette
Chapter 6 - Surrounded By Shadows
Chapter 7 - Mystery With Miette
Chapter 8 - Read Like A Book
Chapter 9 - Final Day
Chapter 10 - Let The Games Begin!
Chapter 11 - The Games Continue
Chapter 12 - Cilan & Gary vs The Twins!
Chapter 13 - The Broken Kiss!
Chapter 14 - Cilan's Fighting Spirit
Chapter 15 - Living In The Shadows
Chapter 16 - Post-Round Questions
Chapter 17 - Round Two! Electric vs Dark!
Chapter 18 - Round Two Reaction
Chapter 19 - Confiding In Friends
Chapter 20 - Serena's Strong Heart
Chapter 21 - Round Three Begins; Cheap Tactics!
Chapter 22 - Round Three! Dead-End
Chapter 23 - The Final Stretch
Chapter 25 - A Dark Turn Of Events
Chapter 26 - Round Four! The Lucky Number?
Chapter 27 - The Dark Plan
Chapter 28 - The Fight of His Life
Chapter 29 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 30 - A Feisty Rematch!
Chapter 31 - Final Sixty-Four!
Chapter 32 - Ash-Greninja
Chapter 33 - Five Minutes
Chapter 34 - Gary vs Cilan!
Chapter 35 - May's Nightmare
Chapter 36 - Best Laid Plans
Chapter 37 - The Quest For Zekrom
Chapter 38 - A Day At The Beach
Chapter 39 - The Battles Continue!
Chapter 40 - Darkness Falls
Chapter 41 - Flawless Victory?
Chapter 42 - Love...Pentagon?
Chapter 43 - Tournament Turmoil
Chapter 44 - As Long As I Have You
Chapter 45 - Miette's Mission
Chapter 46 - Love and Leadership
Chapter 47 - Darkness Prevails
Chapter 48 - Madness and Violence
Chapter 49 - Lance & Iris vs Zekrom
Chapter 50 - Illumination
Chapter 51 - A Mega-Evolved Frenzy
Chapter 52 - A Mega-Evolved Stand-off
Chapter 53 - Mental Strength
Chapter 54 - Gaining Ground
Chapter 55 - An Emotional Battle
Chapter 56 - The Sacrifice
Chapter 57 - Fighting For Love
Chapter 58 - Try Not To Lose Yourself
Chapter 59 - Picking up the Pieces
Chapter 60 - The End Of Another Journey

Chapter 24 - A Day Of Rest or Fun?

3.4K 103 67
By TheNameIsMark

"Is Ash alright?!" Serena came rushing into the hospital with a look of concern on her face.

"He has a sprained wrist, but that's about it. He should be fine" The doctor said as they walked into Ash's room. The rest of his friends were already stood around chatting to Ash and each other.

They all got here before me...They must care about Ash a lot...

Serena shook the thought out of her head and stepped towards Ash, who was lying comfortably on his hospital bed.

"Hey, Ash. Glad you're okay" Serena smiled at Ash, who in turn smiled back.

"Yeah, I don't really know much about what happened but if it wasn't for Pikachu, I would have been on the mountain all night" Ash let out a sigh of relief and sat up in his bed. "I am still feeling so tired"

"Maybe you should get some rest?" Miette said from the other side of the bed.

"Yeah Ash, we have already been here long enough, lets go guys" Cilan said, ushering everyone towards the doors.

"Ok, I guess I will get some rest. Bye everyone!" Ash waved from his bed.

"Pika!" Pikachu waved aswell, the others waving back.

They all decided to go to a nearby café, sitting around a circular table in the centre of the building. A few of them started to talk to one an other, while Serena quietly sipped her drink and stared into space.

I am not fine with what Ash said, on that day. I just don't want to show my emotions in front of everyone, including Ash.

"Serena?" May waved her hand just in front of  Serena,  who immediately snapped her head up and looked at May.

"Hmm?" Serena wondered what she wanted.

"Sorry, you just seemed to be in a trance. Ash will be okay, you know" May sounded reassuring but Serena shook her head.

"It's not that, it doesn't matter" She replied, before sipping her drink. The others around the table continued to talk, Miette and Misty getting caught in an argument while Cilan spoke with Brock about Pokemon breeding and connoisseurs.

Suddenly, everyone turned as Dawn jumped up and slammed her palms down onto the table. The table shook momentarily, startling everyone and making them look attentively at Dawn, who looked ready to talk.

"Lets have some fun!" She blurted out randomly, making everyone confused.

"Fun? Like, what?" Misty asked, wondering if there was actually anything 'fun' around.

"We have been pretty bored lately, besides the tournament and the troubles with those shadow people.." Miette said, peering over everyone as Dawn slammed a posted onto the table.

"The Kanto...Amusement Park?"  Serena asked, reading the poster from a sideways position.

"Sounds like fun.." May admitted, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

"They hold it at random times during the year, so why don't we go?!" Dawn asked excitedly.

"You're such a little kid" Iris remarked. "But, I think we should go!"

"Ok then, it's settled" Cilan said with a slight grin. "Although you girls outnumber us 5 to 3- wait that reminds me, where is Clemont?"

"Right...he-here" Clemont came stumbling through the door, panting for breath.

"Oh, it's slowcoach" Misty walked up to Clemont, who had by now collapsed onto the floor and gave him a light kick on the head. "You coming or not?" 

"Wh-wha-?" Clemont looked up, his glasses askew on his face. 

"Lets go!!!!" Dawn shouted, fist pumping in the air. She then dashed out of the door. Everyone had no choice but to run after her, leaving Clemont in the dust. 

"Come on slowcoach!" Misty shouted, running out of the door. 

Clemont groaned and slowly got to his feet, before stumbling outside and following the others. 

There was hustle and bustle all around the amusement park, screams rising and fading in the wind as children and their parents went up and down on various rollercoasters. Dawn's eyes gleamed with excitement as she rushed around to look at the different rides and choose one to go on.

"I can't choose when there are so many!" She said, jumping around excitedly.

"Calm down ya big kid" Iris said, before slapping her on the head lightly. Dawn awkwardly straightened up and laughed.

"Sorry"

"So, what shall we go on first?" May asked, while everyone else came walking over with Clemont trailing a few seconds behind. 

"I think this one, although I don't know its name" Dawn said, looking up at the large structure in front of them. It was a large tower that rose up towards the sky, around 60 metres in height. It had a large carriage poking out of the front, with twelve seats. Everyone watched as the carriage bar was raised for safety and then it shot up into the air at a fast speed, before hanging at the 60 metre point for a few seconds. It then moved in an arc and fell down, before instantly shooting up again after moving in another arc, creating a cylinder as it moved round and round a few times, before going backwards and then stopping. There was various coloured lights that surrounded the tower and they continued to blink and flash behind the people in the carriage. Music also continued playing in the background.

"Erm, no thanks" Clemont was about to walk off, but Misty gripped his shoulder tightly. 

"Your're coming on" She said with a devilish voice. C

"Come on Clemont" Cilan smiled and slowly pushed Clemont to the front of the line with the others. 

"Yeah, don't leave us guys hanging!" Brock put his thumb up and Clemont groaned to himself.

"I am going to die" He murmured, before being forced into the middle seat. 

Everyone else got on and strapped themselves into their chairs, before the bar was raised. The nine of them prepared themselves as the carriage began to move. Then, they shot up into the sky and everyone began to either scream or yell out with excitement. Clemont, on the other hand, was completely shaken up with fear and yelled out.

"I AM GOING TO DIE, I AM GOING TO DIE, I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!" 

"Wooooo! This is so much fu-n!" Dawn shouted while shaking around in the carriage.

As the ride ended, everyone got off and began to balance themselves, feeling slightly dizzy. Clemont almost ran off and then fell into the grass.

"Did you hear him crying up there?!" May giggled at Clemont, who got up from the grass and put his glasses on.

"Ah, we may have started off with a little too much there" Cilan laughed and then looked at his watch. "We have plenty of time, so lets keep on going!"

Sometime later, it became night and everyone slowly dispersed from the amusement park.

"See you guys tomorrow!" Miette, who had barely spoken all day, waved goodbye and headed off. Serena and Clemont were both going the same way, so they followed her down the path.

"That was so much fun!" Serena said, still feeling the adrenaline from so many fast rides.

"Yeah, it certainly was" Miette agreed rather silently, which made Serena frown.

"You okay?" Serena asked. Miette shrugged.

"I am just hoping Ash is okay, that's all" She admitted, looking up at the starry night sky, as the moon shone brightly over the trees, leaves cascading down in the wind and touching the ground like  feathers from a Pidgey. 

"I think we all are, he will be fine. It was just his wrist" Serena was being hopeful too, but there was an eerie feeling around the forest.

"I just wanna...sleep" Clemont groaned, trudging behind the girls. They ignored him and continued to look at the twinkling sky.

"This breeze is perfect after the hot day we just had" Serena took in a deep breath of fresh air and then sighed.

"Lets hurry on to our lodges, I bet Bonnie is back by now Clemont" Miette reminded Clemont, who immediately snapped up and dashed off.

"You're right, she better be ok on her own!" His voice trailed off as he ran down the path.

"I think that is the first time he has ran of his own accord" Serena laughed. Miette also looked on and giggled, her thoughts of Ash being ok fading.

Ash was asleep in his hospital bed, the slight breeze drifting in through the window that was open a touch. But, the breeze suddenly died down and silence flew through the room, completely enveloping Ash in darkness. The eerie feeling caught Ash like a fish in a net and it caused him to stir.

"Pikachu?" Ash asked weakly, rubbing his eyes. He sat up and looked around, the breeze picking up again. The curtains rose and then fell back down as the breeze died once more.

"Hello, Ash" A voice said from the window. Ash snapped his head to the side and Parker sat on the ledge, with a big grin on his voice. "I just thought I better pay you a visit, you seem to be injured" He hopped from the window and walked over to Ash. 

"What do you want?" Ash didn't bother to make a fuss out of Parker's appearance, he whispered with a little groan in his voice, still feeling sluggish because he had just woken up from a long rest. 

"I just wanted you to know that we have been keeping tabs on you since our fateful encounter at the beginning of the tournament" Parker said mysteriously, pacing back and forth at the foot of Ash's bed.

"And?" Ash asked, ushering Parker to finish his sentence.

"Lets just give you a little riddle, okay?" Parker said with another big grin, crouching at the end of Ash's bed. Parker only left half of his face visible as he stared across at Ash. "Everytime she laughs, she hopes he's watching; not so that he sees she's happy, but that maybe, just maybe, he'll fall for her smile, just as hard as she fell for his" 

Ash let the words repeat in his head, but he couldn't quite grasp the encoded message in his current, sleepy state.

"Try not to get into too much trouble, hmm Ashy-boy?" Parker sounded sarcastic, but Ash couldn't tell. "You wouldn't want to see anyone else get hurt. Have a good night!" 

Ash blinked and in that second, Parker had vanished just as quickly as he arrived. Then, Ash felt sleepy again and couldn't help but slowly turn his head and lie down to sleep once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 325 19
After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Everything" He always says to himself. Ash h...
89.4K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
497K 21.8K 100
After failing in the Unova League, Ash returns home to get advice before resuming his journey to become a Pokemon master. Now, what happens when some...
77.4K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon ‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒~‒...