Obsidian Butterfly | Hunter X...

By The_Red_Line

Greetings humans. I am terribly sorry for the fact that this fan fiction, created by the author, has no desc... More

Act One
Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Episode X
Episode XI
Act Two
Episode XII
Episode XIII
Episode XIV
Episode XV

Episode VI

9.8K 470 254
By The_Red_Line

==A/N==

Good day, fellow wattpad users!

So, I've joined the Winter 2015 [Hunter X Hunter Watty Awards.]
This book, Obsidian Butterfly, is found in the Other/Mixed Media Section. Please vote by commenting on the book, because I really want to win! The voting ends at January 17, 2016, and please vote by then! I'd be so happy and if I win, so please support this book I'd work hard on. I know it has fewer chapters compared to the other Hunter X Hunter Fanfics, but please understand that I will do my best in updating and making it better.

Thank you so much your support and lovely comments on this book! I seriously am so thankful!!!

And with that, let's start, shan't we?

Enjoy.

It's been around twelve hours since the Third Phase started.

So far, it's been only I and the idiot clown.

The door opened and in came a slender robotic human with tiny strips of metal piercing its skin. It really does look fascinating, almost like an alien.

"Ah, I'm the third?" Its voice cracked robotically. Though somehow, its mouth had not even moved an inch while forming the rhetorical question.

I've decided that this was officially the first ever human that actually is worth remembering. It looked barely human in every sense and it felt irrelevant to state its gender. But it would be even more confusing if I didn't call it by its true gender.

As I was observing him quite discreetly, he had a staring contest with the clown who sat in a parallel direction as I. "Hisoka, you weren't first." The applicant #301 asked in a manner which sounded much more like a statement than a question to be answered.

Nonetheless his weird manner of asking, the clown answered him, with the same exact smile he used to frighten the not-yet-dead weaklings in the exam. "Unfortunately so."

Another awkward quiet fell upon us as he started to find a spot for him to take a sit.

Somehow, at that moment, I suddenly had an unnatural feeling. It's the kind of feeling that you just had a hunch, and that, you seriously feel like it states the truth. Hmm, I really have no idea.

But something in me made me say it out loud.

=3rd Person's P.O.V.=

"Are you related to that silver-haired male?" The boy cocked his head as he asked Applicant #301, Gittarackur.

Right after he asked the robotic thing, the boy felt a sudden killer intent directed towards him. The boy didn't flinch or recoiled as he felt it; he only shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Due to this, both Hisoka and Gittarackur's interest on the boy spiked even more. It was really questionable whether the boy knew Nen or not, but if he didn't, then he had just used Ten unknowingly, to counter Gittarackur's 'killer intent.'

"I'm asking a question, human. Answer me!"

Gittarackur moved his robotic-like head towards the boy and stared at him without blinking. He hasn't stopped releasing his Nen. But instead of saying a positive or negative response, he gave a safe, but curious-filled response. "What makes you say that?"

The boy calmed down a bit, all his sudden anger was, ironically, suddenly gone. His normal, unemotional demeanor, was all that's left of him.

A sigh came out of his mouth. "Look, I'm not stupid." The boy stated without any hint of emotion. "Both you and Applicant #99 give off the same feeling. The stupid humans present may not even suspect that you both share the same bloodline as that boy, but I'm not human. Although, a follow-up thought, if you are related to him, then you'd share the same facial features."

"Thus, I reached my conclusion. You're in a disguise of some sort, yeah?"

===

Currently, the group is stuck in a room, and they have to remain in the room for fifty, long hours. It was a punishment, for Leorio lost a bet, and since they're considered as a group, the others must also receive it.

Right now, they've spent roughly eight hours already. Not looking at the clock --since they don't actually have one and there are also no windows present in the room to tell if it's night time or not-- it's probably past noon already.

A sigh escaped Gon's mouth as he plopped himself down beside his friend Killua.

"What's up, Gon?" The silverette asked as he turned around to face the seemingly depressed boy.

"It's nothing, Killua. I was just thinking about him." Gon said with a cute (and childish) pout that meant, 'You don't have to worry about me. I'm good!'

Killua blinked his eyes rapidly, processing  the information given. Then a tiny light bulb appeared above his head. "Oh, you mean the boy that got replaced by that rookie crusher?" Gon nodded.

Apperently, after the boy left the group, Tonpa, the self-proclaimed 'expert' and whatnot, was said to replace the boy. So the number of the group had never actually changed. And in all their minds, they knew that although the boy was rude, arrogant, foul-mouthed, and extremely uncaring, he was so much better than the fat, lazy, useless, and not-to-mention, attention-seeker, who's name goes by 'Tonpa.'

"So what about him?" Killua asked with a cock of his head.

Gon scratched his head, "Well, I just thought about it but we don't actually know his name yet. Er, well, to be told the truth, we actually don't know anything about him." He pointed out.

Killua sighed. "That's because every time we try to communicate with him, he just closes us out as if we aren't equal to him or if he were in a higher position compared to us." "I suppose so, but I really want to be friends with him."

"Why, Gon?" The highly-trained assassin asked in an indistinguishable tone. "Why do you want to be friends with everyone? Are you not afraid that they might backstab you?" He asked in a more firmer manner.

Killua is a trained killer. No, scratch that, he is a highly-trained killer. When he was young, he experienced a way of living that is referred to as 'hell' by normal people. Due to that, he saw the darker side of the world. A side where betrayal, conspiracy, blackmail, and deceit are an everyday thing. Fearing for his innocent friend, who experienced the opposite, he asked him to get the black-haired boy to think about his actions that might lead him to danger. But at the same time, he also wanted to know why and how can a person be so kind and friendly.

Gon chuckled a soft, playful tone. "Oh Killua, friends are good. They will not harm you like that. That's why their called 'friends'!"

Killua gave a soft smile, but deep down, only he knew it was fake.

He knew too much of betrayals, and he really wanted to correct Gon's innocent mindset, but he didn't. He didn't want to lose his only friend; he didn't want to let Gon know the things he wasn't meant to know.

So he just nodded in fake agreement.

===

"Tch. I didn't expect that there'll be a slide at the end!" The silverette grumbled.

Gon nodded in reply, "He could've at least told us! My butt hurts." He whined with a cute pout.

While Killua and Gon had an exchange of words. Kurapika observed the people who entered the dull room before them, considering that they entered at the last possible second, making them the last ones.

Suddenly, the blonde's eyes caught the familiar black silhouette of the mysterious boy.

"Yeah, and I wonder wh-" The older teen interrupted Gon with a tap on the boy's shoulder. "Hey Gon, look. It's the boy..."

Gon turned to face the direction his other friend pointed to and a smile grew on his face.

"Let's go say hi!"

Gon rushed towards the boy, followed by the group closely behind. But before he could reach the boy, the speakers quickly turned on and Lippo made an announcement that it was the end of Phrase Three. This created a temporary pause in Gon's greeting to the boy. The door that led outside quickly rumbled up and everyone quickly rushed out.

Gon frowned, all he did was took one glance off the boy, and he was already gone. Only Killua and Kurapika noticed his absence, since both Leorio and Tonpa were arguing and wrestling stupidly.

The black-haired boy sighed, and walked out, following the norm. Kurapika and the two others following close behind their young friend.

Only Killua stayed behind. He felt his eyes were betraying him.

I was looking at him the whole time; I hadn't moved my gaze or even blinked. But how? How did he just disappear like that?! Could he... Could he've been so fast, that even for me...a trained assassin, can not see his movements?

===

The boy didn't listen to the rules for the Fourth Phase. I mean, why would he? It's only normal for him to not bother such useless rules, for rules, are for humans. And the boy is not human.

All he knows is that, firstly, he's in a boat. A boat filled with unworthy humans. Second, he needs to get as much tags as possible, and eliminate the ones he took the tags from, from the world called Earth. Third, something special will happen to him if he takes the number he picked in the box.

Honestly, everything he thought was correct, wasn't. Of course, that's what he gets when he didn't listen to the rules. But, who cares, anyway?

Currently, the bubbly female speaker --who drove the boat or whatever-- was totally eye-raping the boy. She already flirted with the boy, but surprisingly, he hadn't killed her yet. Well, it's probably because if he does kill her, he'd be disqualified to further continue the exam, so he just held the disgust in. Completely ignoring her pathetic attempts.

She was like, what, fifteen years older? That's just...ew.

Suddenly pulling the boy out of his thoughts, and well, quite literally pulling him away, the boy glared at the culprit. Though sadly, it was not seen, for his face practically covered. Thus, making the glare, unseeable.

The culprit was none other than Gon, also known as the cheeky bastard.

"Hi! Killua and I were exchanging our tags to see who we got, wanna join?" He happily invited with the brightest smile anyone has ever seen. Anyone who's see this, would obviously say a positive response, not wanting to make the twelve year old aspiring Hunter down. Unfortunately, it's anyone, except the boy.

He didn't even think about the answer; he just said the most obvious thing he would say. "No." He flatly rejected without a single care or hesitation.

"Ehhh? Why not? C'mon, if you show me yours, I'll show you mine!" Gon made a deal.

The boy stared at him; he was observing the young male's strange behavior. Then after a painful silence, (only for Gon's point of view, of course) he finally broke it.

"No thanks, I already know yours."

Gon's eyes widened the size of golf balls; he really didn't fail to show his surprise, "Eh, I-I don't believe you..." He hesitantly trailed off. 

The boy sighed. "You got Hisoka's number, didn't you?" Gon slowly nodded, still shocked and in disbelief. He was about to ask how he figure it out but the boy already answered him without the need to know the question.

"It's easy, really. It's all in your movements and facial expression." The boy pointed out.

He continued. "You're excited, adrenaline pumping, as if you got the number you've desperately wanted to get. Your hands are balled into fists; ready to fight. Your eyes are filled with determination; prepared for anything. But, at the same time, you're nervous and afraid. Your determined eyes kept shifting from left to right; a sign which tells me that you have butterflies in your stomach. Your breathing is easily detected as erratic; a sign which tells me you lack oxygen, your blood is pumping, which leads to: nervous."

"Eager. Yet, Afraid. Both adjectives obviously show what a person would feel when fighting an extremely strong opponent, and there are only three of them in this exam. You've never met Gittarackur, so he's out. You wouldn't talk to me if you had my number, and so I'm also out. There's only one left on the chart,"

"That's Hisoka."

Gon blinked rapidly, when he finally stopped, he noticed the boy's back was facing him, and that he was already walking away. "Matte!" The boy stopped.

"What." Gon heard him say, in an impatient and annoyed tone.

"H-how did you know?"

The boy cocked his head; his back still facing Gon. "I had already told you, hadn't I?"

Gon gulped nervously, sensing the boy's patience getting thinner and thinner. "I-I mean, how did you manage to figure out it all?" He stated slowly, to make the boy understand what he was trying to imply.

The boy turned around in a flash. "Well, you're just really easy to read, ya know?"

Before Gon could say anything, he heard Killua call behind him. "Goonnn, are we NOT gonna share our numbers?!!" He slapped his forehead in his forgetfulness. "We will! I'm coming Killua!!!" Without saying a goodbye, he ran off to find his silver-haired friend.

The boy sighed,

"Good grief. He's finally gone."

===

Ten minutes later, the boat reached a stop on the island. The female speaker yelled out that there'll be an order on how the people will get off. The order is on how fast you were in reaching the bottom of Trick Tower.

The boy was first, and before he left the boat; he grabbed the collar of the female eye-rapist. Though in that position, she still flirted with the boy. Cutting her off, the boy said: "Hey, hag, please don't ever flirt with me." He said sweetly. Too sweetly.

Then his tone changed into a not-so-sweet one, "The last female that flirted with me had her head twisted, a hundred rightly degrees. And I must tell you how beautiful her blood was when it soaked my hand." He nearly chuckled at how the color of her face changed.

The boy added, just for his mad amusement. "Oh, and her last words where how much she loved my looks." And that was it, the female's color were all drained by the harsh reality of the boy's killer intent.

The boy finally lost it.

He laughed, no, he crackled darkly at her expression. He pushed her away like a rag doll, and walked out the boat like an arrogant king.

Before the forest swallowed his figure up, a tiny advice was heard.

"Oh sweetie, you know, you'd look much more lovely in red, than in any other foundation you wear to hook up guys."

If the boy stayed a bit more, he would have seen all the pale pale faces that heard his words. Of course, all except Hisoka's excited one.

===

=The boy's P.O.V.=

Oh how beautifully confident they are. Sadly, it'll all change with a single snap of my hand.

Walking around without a single care, as if they rule the forest? Oh dearie, I have to change that. I rule this place, and they dare step unto my territory? Tsk. They should know I've killed four humans who've done that stupid, careless mistake.

Hmm, what's this? They're splitting up? I must stop them. No one goes away, alive.

=3rd Person's P.O.V.=

The boy jumped down from the branch he hid. This caused a loud thump, making the Amori Brothers turn around in uneasiness.

"W-who's there?!" The eldest, Amori yelled.

The boy stood up, patting the filthy dirt off his clothes as he walked closer to the three idiots. "Hello, scums." He insulted straightforwardly.

"It's you." The second glared. He fisted his hands.

"W-what do you want?!" The youngest asked nervously.

The boy shrugged, "Oh, you know, the usual. I want your tags and your lives." He disappeared, and reappeared in front one of the brothers, and gave a hard kick.

He was sent flying.
His face now deformed and bloody.

The two backed up nervously. "You know, since earlier, I dreamt on killing you three." The boy could remember the annoyance he felt.

It happened just earlier at the Third Phrase. How they asked the boy about his mask and well, everything else about him. How they acted higher than him, and teased him about his physical looks just because he wore a mask.

"Let's make this fast and simple, okay? I don't need to spend my time on things like you." The boy said uncaringly.

One.
Two.
Three.

Four.
Five.
Six.

The death match lasted only six seconds.

===

"Oi, whoever who are stalking me, if you're not gonna show yourself with a count of three, I'm gonna head there!" Killua called out. He noticed. There was a person stalking him.

As always, Killua felt confident enough to take out the stalker, but something felt wrong. Somehow, he felt that the person who stalked him, wanted to be found by him and didn't really hid his/her presence on purpose.

Masking his anxiousness, he sighed and turned around to only be faced with someone he'd never expect; the boy. And he was literally standing behind him, and Killua could feel his ragged breath on his neck.

"Oh. It's you." It took every ounce of his willpower to not stutter in surprise. Killua almost tripped moving backwards, but he managed not to.

The boy noticed, and smirked inwardly, "Hey there, kiddo." He greeted, oddly, in a carefree tone.

Killua nodded slowly, while wondering what his intentions were. "So, how are you doing...?" He asked, as if hesitant to talk to the boy.

The boy shrugged, "Nothing. Oh, and you don't need to worry, I killed the humans that were to chase after you." He revealed the three, bloody tags that belonged to the once living Amori Brothers.

"Why are they bloody?"

"Hm. I forgot to clean 'em." He said unemotionally, though with a hint of malice.

"Okay, I guess... So what are you doing here stalking me?" Killua asked bluntly.

The boy stared and blinked, silently surprised at his awful bluntness, but nonetheless, he answered in forced surprise tone, "You really don't know why?" The boy slightly laughed as if mocking the silverette.

Killua gained a tick mark, "No. Why?" He answered impatiently, his petty emotions getting the best of him.

The boy didn't utter a single word after that. He just took a little something from his pocket and showed it to the impatient and confused Killua.

It was plate wherein the number written on it would be the person who'd give you an instant three points. This number would give you the pass you'd need to go to Phrase Five, that is, if your own tag wasn't stolen from you.

This was the number that the boy believed, that if he got the tag form, something special will happen or given to him.

And this number was none other than,

#99, Killua.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 4.4K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
309K 10.8K 50
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six โ” season se...
104K 5.9K 38
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...