Story of another us // Calum...

Av proseccoproblems

'An epilogue before we're done, A sequel to what we've begun' *** "Don't marry him" Calum said taking Emily's... Mer

Four years.
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Epilogue
OURS

3

8.6K 156 56
Av proseccoproblems

Calum woke up and noticed that Jennifer wasn't in bed beside him. He ran his hand through his curly hair before pulling the white covers off and slipping on his boxers from the floor. Calum picked up his phone before walking out of his bedroom and down stairs to the kitchen.

"Morning" Jennifer said from the kitchen table as she ate a yogurt.

"Morning" Calum said his voice deeper because he just woke up "I'm grabbing coffee with Ash and Mike today, if you wanna come you can"

"I'm still pretty jet lagged so I'll give it a miss" Jennifer answered giving him a small smile.

"Okay" Calum nodded as he took a bite of an apple before heading upstairs to get ready.

Calum put on a drop dead t-shirt and some black jeans before shoving his wallet into his black pocket and his ray bans covering his eyes. He walked down stairs and popped his head around the kitchen door.

"I'm going straight to soundcheck after, so I'll see you at the show?" Calum asked.

"Yeah, I'll book a cab in a second" Jennifer smiled making Calum nod before they said a goodbye and Calum walked down the many stairs, to the front door. Calum walked along the empty street, hoping to go unrecognized as he walked into the city which wasn't too far from his house. He hadn't walked anywhere in a long time so it felt nice for him to be out in the fresh air.

Calum met Ashton and Michael in a independent coffee shop, which was quiet and no one around that would recognize them.

"HIII" Michael said smiling and hugging Calum like they'd been apart for weeks when it had really been two days since they last saw each other.

"Hi" Calum chuckled as he patted Michael on the back.

"What do you want?" Ashton asked Calum

"One of those iced coffee things" Calum shrugged before sitting down at the table across from Michael. Ashton nodded before walking off to order the three drinks.

Michael and Calum sat in silence looking at their phones before Michael double glanced at two girls walked in.

"Bro is that Poppy and Holly?" Michael asked Calum who looked up at Michael before following his gestured gaze. Calum titled his head to the side as he looked at the two girls.

"Yeah that's Poppy and Holly" Calum said slowly as he turned back to face Michael.

"Oh man they got hot" Michael groaned a little making Calum shake his head a little at them.

Poppy and Holly walked into their usual coffee shop.

"So I was thinking like a engagement party within the next three months" Poppy said to Holly. Poppy hadn't stopped talking about the wedding since they had met up half an hour ago. "Then the wedding in five months, I feel like that leaves a nice gap"

Holly just nodded in agreement as they stood behind the one guy in front of them. Holly went on her phone as Poppy starred at the guy in front of them. She caught a glimpse of him in the reflection of the cake counter. She nudge Holly in the arm.

"What?" Holly asked bluntly looked up at Poppy with a frown.

"That's Ashton" Poppy mouthed to Holly whose eyes widened and looked at the guy in front of them.

"Thank you" Ashton smiled to the worker as he picked up the try of three iced coffees and turned to walk back to the table. He froze when he saw the two familiar girls from high school.

"Hey" Poppy nodded awkwardly. Ashton was Poppy's ex even though their relationship was four months long and not much happened other than sex happened during that time it was a little awkward.

"Hi" Ashton nodded awkwardly as he moved out the way for them to order their drinks.

Ashton made his way back to the table where Michael and Calum were sitting in silence.

"Okay so Poppy and Holly are here" Ashton said sitting down and passing out the iced drinks.

"We know" Michael nodded as he sipped on his drink.

"Maybe we should get them to sit with us" Ashton suggested.

"Why?" Calum asked not wanting them to sit with them because they remind him of Emily.

"We know them from school" Ashton shrugged "It's nice to catch up with old friends"
Poppy and Holly ordered iced cameral lattes before walking over to a window bench and sitting in the sun as they drunk their refreshing coffees. Holly pushed her long strawberry blonde hair out of her face as she looked over at the familiar boys from high school.
"Imagine if Em was here. She'd freak out" Holly commented quietly to Poppy she looked at up her friend and smiled. "You don't think she's still in love with calum do you?" Poppy asked. Holly knew that Emily still had something for Calum. It wasn't rocket science to be able to notice that she acts nervous whenever Calum or the band is brought up. Holly wanted nothing more than to reunite them but she knew that Emily would kill her. Poppy looked at Holly awaiting her answer.
"You never forget your first love" Holly answered with a small shrug. Poppy nodded in agreement as she put the straw of her drink to her mouth. Holly noticed Ashton approaching them.
"Hey" Ashton said for the second time as she put his hands in his jean pockets.
"Hello" Holly answered looking up at him.
"We were wondering if you'd like to sit with us?" Ashton said looking between Poppy and Holly as he spoke his offer. Holly smiled at him before nodding and standing up. Poppy stood up reluctantly before following Holly and Ashton who were caught up in the 'how are you' conversation. Poppy sat down next to Holly who sat next to Michael, across from Ashton. There was an awkward silence between the old friends before Michael spoke
"So how are you guys?". Holly turned to look at him
"Yeah good thanks, how about you?" Holly asked politely.
"Not too bad" Michael nodded. "So what have you guys been up to?" Ashton asked making Poppy raise an eyebrow
"Not as much as you guys" Poppy answered. The three boys chuckled a little.
"You guys got into college right?" Michael asked making Holly sigh.
"Got in yes, didn't go" Holly shrugged making Ashton and Michael frown at her. Calum was focused on his drink the entire time, he didn't want to look at the two girls that would remind him most of Emily.
"Why didn't you go?" Ashton asked before sipping his drink. Holly looked down and swallowed "I had a baby" Holly nodded, making Ashton chock in shock and Michael's eyes widen. Calum raised his head slightly to look at Holly. She had grown up a lot, her face was slimmer and looked more mature.
"A baby?" Michael repeats making Holly nod
"Yeah he's called Parker".
"Who's the dad?" Ashton asked making Poppy smirk at Holly slightly.
"Jake peters" Holly answered. Calum frown a little at her
"Isn't he gay?" Calum asked remembering that Emily told him not to worry about her friendship with Jake because he was gay. "Er yeah" Holly said a little awkwardly as the three boys looked at her slightly confused. "That never stopped him from sleeping with girls" Poppy said rolling her eyes a little "What one night stands can do".
"So how old is he?" Michael asked making Holly turn her head to look at him again, she noted that he had dyed his hair red. "He's nearly four" Holly smiled a little thinking about the most important person in her life.
"We can see him?" Ashton asked making Holly nod and bring out her phone getting up her lockscreen, a photo of Parker in his playden.
"He's so cute look that those cheeks" Michael commented smiling at the photo before passing the phone to Ashton.
"So Poppy are you god mother?" Ashton asked making Poppy scoff
"No that's Emily".
Holly noticed that Calum froze up at the mention of Emily, similar to what Emily would do if someone mentioned Calum.
"Em isn't god mother, he's not christened" Holly said rolling her eyes at Poppy a little.
"Yeah but he likes Emily" Poppy argued.
"That's because Emily is so good with kids" Holly sighed. Calum nodded a little
"Well she had a lot of practice" Calum commented quietly making Holly and Poppy look at him.
"Yeah I guess" Holly said quietly matching his tone.
"How is Emily?" Ashton asked, remembering back to his crush that he used to have on her. "She's okay" Poppy said quickly. Calum watched Holly's facial expression; she looked down and raised her eyebrow sceptically. "Is she like working in a top end job?" Michael asked remembering how many remarks he made about her being nerdy. "She owns a photography studio" Poppy answered. Holly raised her head to see Calum staring at him she narrowed her eyes at him questioningly.
"So Poppy did you go to college?" Ashton asked looking at Poppy who nodded
"I did, they only one who went". "What did you study?" Michael asked.
"hair and make up" Poppy answered "Not very clever I know but" She shrugged finishing her sentence.
"Are you engaged?" Ashton asked noticing the ring on her left hand. Poppy glanced down at the ring before back up at Ashton with a grin on her face.
"Yeah I am" Poppy nodded.
"When's the wedding?" Michael asked.
"Hopefully within five months" Poppy smiled. Holly sipped her drink raising her eyebrows because how could you plan a wedding in five months?
"How long have you been engaged?" Ashton asked.
"Three weeks" Poppy nodded. Calum raised an eyebrow at her, which only Holly noticed.
"Wow congratulations" Ashton smiled showing his familiar dimples.
"Thank you" Poppy smiled back looking just at Ashton.
"Actually" Poppy started looking between the three boys "you guys should perform! Like if you want to I mean that would be cool"
Holly looked at Poppy with wide eyes because how was Emily going to take this?
"At your wedding?" Calum asked smirking with a confused frown. Poppy nodded slowly at him "you know we aren't exactly Ed sheeran right?"
"I never said you were going to be my first dance" Poppy shrugged "just like a small set, you could do the engagement party too"
"Don't you think you should talk to Will about this?" Holly hissed
"Will isn't planning the wedding" Poppy stated confused "we're planning the wedding"
"Well yeah and you're other maid of honour" Holly whispered with daggers eyes.
"She'll get over it" Poppy said rolling her eyes at Holly. Holly sighed and went back to drinking her melted drink.
"You guys should come to our show tonight, you can decided on songs?" Ashton suggested.
"That would be fun" Poppy nodded "Will and Rob are out of town"
"What does Rob have to do with it?" Holly asked. All three boys starred at Poppy. Calum stood up and mumbled about going to the toilet.
"Who's Rob?" Michael asked assuming that Will was Poppy's boyfriend.
"Emily's boyfriend" Holly said "I mean it might be awkward to bring Emily"
"They can't avoid each other forever" Ashton sighed with an eye roll.
"I still think he's in love with her" Michael mumbled making Holly look at him.
"Really?" She asked interested in his comment Michael raised an eyebrow at her.
"Yes why?" Michael answered
"I think the same about Emily" Holly said quietly so Poppy couldn't hear.
"We should swap details so we can get you in, and you can talk to our manager about the wedding" Ashton said to Poppy. Poppy nodded and swapped details with Ashton arranging were and when to meet tonight for the show.
Calum came back texting someone on his phone as he sat back down. The table was quiet as he sat down making him feel as if they had been talking about him.
"We should get going" Poppy stated standing up "see you guys later"
"Yeah it was nice seeing you" Ashton smiled as the two girls stood up from their seats.
"Bye" Holly waved as they began to walk towards the door.
Calum looked between Ashton and Michael.
"What did she mean see you tonight?" Calum asked.
"They are coming to our show" Michael shrugged making Calum's mouth open a little in shock.
"What if they bring Emily?" Calum asked panic in his voice as he look between his two best friends.
"Why does it matter?" Ashton asked "you're going to have to see her eventually"
"No I'm not" Calum huffed a little making Ashton chuckle at him.
"Anyone would think you're still in love with her" Ashton commented Calum simply rolled his eyes at the comment before he stood up.
"We should get to soundcheck" Calum mumbled before walking out of the cafe. Ashton looked at Michael who shrugged before following Calum out of the cafe.

**
Emily tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she worked on some paper work. She hummed to the radio playing next to her as the door opened and Holly walked in with Poppy following behind.
"Poppy has done something stupid and I'm sorry I didn't stop her" Holly announced sitting down on the seat opposite Emily, on the other side of the black desk. Emily looked at up her in confusion and shock.
"What did she do?" Emily asked sitting upright in the black chair she was sitting on.
"Okay it isn't that bad" Poppy said rolling her eyes as she stood next to Holly.
"She asked 5sos to perform at her wedding" Holly said making Emily's mouth go dry.
"Oh" Emily answered looking between Holly and Poppy before down at her lap picking at her false nails.
"We're also going to their concert tonight" Poppy announced making Emily lift her head to look at her.
"Have fun" Emily commented knowing they she wouldn't be able to go to that concert. The thought of seeing Calum performing was painful enough.
"You're coming with us" Poppy stated. Emily tilted her head to the side.
"You might enjoy it" Holly shrugged making Emily look at her with doubt.
"What don't you two get? I can't see him again" Emily said her voice strong trying to push her emotions to the side.
"Why not?" Poppy asked "Why can't you see him again?"
"Em we're your best friend you can tell us" Holly reassured. Emily shook her head and looked back down at her nails.
"I fell in loved with him. When you fall in love with someone you don't stop loving them" Emily whispered.
"Emily you're with Rob" Poppy stated confused.
"This is why I don't talk about Calum because no one gets it" Emily said standing up "I'll see you guys later. I have work to do"

**
The boys sat in their dressing room with 'The used' playing loudly as they sat around and got themselves pumped for the show.
Jennifer came through the door with Bryanna, Ashton's long term girlfriend, holding bags of McDonald's.
"Finally" Michael cheered running over to them like an excited puppy and grabbing his order of a double cheese burger and fries.
The food orders where handed out before they all sat in silence to eat.
"Ash when are Holly and Poppy coming?" Michael asked with a mouth fall of fries.
"Poppy and Holly?" Luke frowned "As in high school Poppy and Holly?"
"Yes" Ashton nodded glancing over at Calum who had been quiet for most of the day.
"They got so hot" Michael groaned tipping his head back.
"Holly got surprisingly hot" Ashton nodded making Bryanna hit him on the arm. Ashton gave her a cheeky grin before shoving a fry into her mouth.
"Holly wasn't exactly bad looking" Luke said with a shrug "are they bringing..." Luke stopped talking and look at Calum who look over at him.
"We don't know" Michael answered knowing the question. Jennifer frowned
"Bringing who?" She questioned looking at Calum. Sure she was just his fuck buddy, but she liked Calum, she loved him. She just wouldn't admit it because Calum didn't do relationships, he made that very clear.
"Emily" Calum mumbled his jaw tensing a little. It was the first time he had said her name in a long time. Jennifer knew of Emily, she knew that she probably had Calum's heart in some way.
"I bet Emily got hot" Luke commented quietly to Michael but Calum heard.
"She was always hot" Michael said not trying to lower his voice.
Calum shock his head. Emily wasn't hot, Emily was beautiful inside and out.

*
"Guys I'm going to throw up" Emily mumbled as she trailed behind Poppy and Holly backstage of the venue.
"Dude you don't even have to talk to him" Holly said turning back to look at her.
"I'm going to throw up" Emily repeated making Holly laugh a little.
"You're going to be fine" Poppy said rolling her eyes.
They got to a stage door with a man standing outside of it.
"Can I help you?" The man, dressed in black and sunglasses with a shiny head.
"Yeah urm we got invited by Ashton and Michael" Poppy said the guy frowned at her.
"Wait here" the man disappeared into the building leaving the girls standing in the heat.
"Hey" Ashton said popping his head around the the door. At the three girls.
"You know them?" The man asked making Ashton nod.
"Yes I invited them" Ashton said gesturing them to follow him.
The three girls followed him through the plain white corridors to the side of the stage. Emily's stomach was in knots and she was sure she was about to throw up.
Why did she agree to this?
"Hey!" Michaels voice said making the three girls turn around to face him.
"Hey" Holly smiled at the red haired boy. Michaels eyes landed on Emily, which he had to double take.
Of course she got more attractive, of course she did.
"Hi" Michael nodded towards her.
"Hey" Emily replied awkwardly back bringing her right arm across her body to grab her left arm.
"You guys can stand with our families" Ashton grinned at them. Bryanna walked over and handed him a bottle of water.
"Oh hi" Bryanna smiled.
"Hi" the three girls said in unison.
Eventually Luke came out with Calum and Jennifer.
Calum was too caught up in a conversation with Jennifer to notice Emily. Emily heart dropped as she watched him push some of Jennifer's long brown hair out of her face. She averted her eyes to the ground and sucked in all emotion, not wanting to let any out.
"Who are these beauties?" Michaels mum, Karen asked as Liz and Joy came up behind her.
"These are our friends from school; Poppy, Holly and Emily" Michael introduced pointing to each girl. Joy's eyes widened at Emily before looking over at Calum who had looked over at the three girls. He starred at Emily and swallowed a lump in his throat, keeping an emotionless face.
"I can't do this" Emily whispered to Holly.
"I promise you it won't be that bad" Holly whispered back before they were taken to their seats, which were right next to the stage.
Emily picked at her nails during the opening act, some small band from America that they had signed. She didn't catch the name. She just wanted this to be over so she could go to bed and be comfortable because right now she was uncomfortable.
The house lights dimmed and a countdown appeared in the screen. Screams from the fans around the room erupted as they counted down the minuets to seeing the four people who meant the most to them in the entire world.
Emily did enjoy their music, and had defiantly improved since she last heard them live.
"Their so good what the fuck?" Holly screamed to Emily who smiled and nodded in agreement.
About half way through the set it was Calum's turn to talk.
"Now I'm going to slow it down a little now" Calum said into his microphone as Michael switched his guitars and Luke grabbed a drink of water. "It's a bit of an old one" Calum continued, his nerves nearly getting the better of him. They girl he wrote it about was in this room and he'd never sung it to her. "This is beside you" Calum said making the crowd scream as the lightening changed on the stage.
The first cords of the song started and flashlights filled the arena.

Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
The silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.
To the beat of our hearts at the same time.
So close but so far away.
(Can you hear me?)

Emily sucked in a deep breath as she listened to Calum singing the lyrics. She tried to ignore the feeling that she got in her gut.

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

Another day and I'm somewhere new.
I made a promise that I'll come home soon.
Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.
Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.
So close but so far away.

Emily felt tears prick up in her eyes as she became more sure of her assumption. Their was so much more behind these song lyrics, there was hurt.

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

Emily shock her head.
"I can't do this" she said to Holly before walking out of the VIP area and back stage. She made her way through the corridors before out the door that they came through.
"What's wrongs with her?" Poppy asked Holly who looked after with disbelief.
"Listen to the song lyrics and who is singing it" Holly answered bluntly looking at where Emily had exited.
"I'm going to go see her" Holly shouted to Poppy over the loud screams and music. Poppy just nodded in response.
Holly made her way out of the arena and found Emily sitting on some steps not too far from where the door they originally entered. Emily was just starting out at the darkness when Holly sat down next to her she didn't seem to notice.
"I miss him" Emily sighed running her hand through her hair. Holly look at her through the dim lighting. "And I know it's stupid because it's been four years and I'm sure he doesn't miss me when he's with that blue eyed, long brown haired girl" Emily shock her head "I miss having him around, I miss having someone bring able to tell how I'm feeling and how to adjust to my mood. I miss him pissing me off but making me feel so alive. I guess the just have to love them while you can don't you? You have to cherish every kiss like it's your last,hold onto him like you'll never see him again and seat those goddamn brown eyes into your memory" Emily paused still looking out into the darkness "because that's the thing about love, it doesn't always last very long and doesn't always have a happy ending"

Holly brushed Emily hair out of her face.
"Why don't you just talk to him?" Holly asked softly making Emily scoff.
"I can't even listen to him sing" Emily whispered "without this feeling in me that I don't understand"
"Are you going back inside?" Holly asked
"No I think I'm just going to go home" Emily mumbled looking at her best friend for the first time since she sat down "just tell them I'm ill or something"
"Oh come on they will know that's a lie" Holly chuckled a little making Emily shrug before standing up.
"I'll see you whenever that dress fitting is" Emily mumbled making Holly nod understandingly.
"Okay I'll talk to you soon" Holly said bringing her into a hug before they walked their separate ways.
Emily drove back to her dark, empty home. Rob was out of town on a business trip not that he would be home by now anyway. She unlocked the front door and turned the lights on, walking over to the sink and pouring herself a cold glass of water before making her way up stairs.
*
Holly and Poppy waited until the boys got off stage to say goodbye, and for Poppy to talk to the manager about performing at her wedding.
"Hey" Michael said walking up to Holly.
"Hey" Holly said slowly looking at the sweaty boy.
"So I was wondering" Michael started making Holly almost have a heart attack because where was this going? "Ya know Calum and Emily" Michael said quietly
"I do" Holly laughed a little making Michael smile.
"Do you really think Emily still loves Calum?" Michael asked. Holly bit her lip "Honestly? Yes" Holly sighed.
"Do you think we should get them to talk to each other?" Michael asked. Holly contemplated it. She knew that Emily wasn't happy with Rob, but was Calum really the only person she could be happy with? It had been four years since they dated, a lot can change in four years. What if this is just them not forgetting their first love rather than being soul mates.
"I think we should let it happen naturally, if they talk they talk" Holly shrugged, she was a strong believer in fate.
"So like fate?" Michael asked making Holly nod at him.
"Exactly like fate" Holly confirmed before Poppy made her way over to them.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

56.1K 2.3K 19
BOOK ON HOLD(PLEASE READ THE LAST CHAPTER) "God help anyone who hurts the people I care about" ~ Being born as the main character from your favorite...
3.6M 101K 78
Highest Rank: #3 in Fanfiction! :D Ellie is a bright and bubbly, yet dedicated new nurse in the Emergency Department at Chicago Medical Institute. Dr...
32.7K 1.1K 78
Sequel to Junior Year DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN GLEE OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. ALL RIGHTS GO TO RYAN MURPHY, IAN BRENNAN, BRAD FALCHUK AND FOX *origin...
1.6M 33.5K 58
"Stop being so innocent! It's boring." Harry mocked me. "And how am I supposed to do that?" All playfulness from his face has disappeared. "Let me te...