I'm Just Too Nice

By Thymajesty

Hi my name is Beatrice Hamilton. But my friend Nathan calls me Bea. He's the only friend I have, and I don't... More

PART I
1- Life Was Good
2- Everything Has Changed
3- You've Changed
4- Did He Say Party?
5- Party Life
6 -We Sing
7- Home Sweet Home
8- Secrets Unfold
9- She Always Knew
10- Brother
11- Home Alone
12- I Can Be Your Hero Baby
13- Are You?
15- Am I Okay?
16- Reminiscing Past
17- Cowardly Lion
18- I'm Crazy
19- Mean

14- The Letter

145 6 2
By Thymajesty

"Is she dead?" I heard someone whisper above me.

Everything that had happened came rushing in my mind, giving me a headache. I jumped abruptly causing who ever was near to jump as well.

  "She's aliiiiiiiiiiive," someone joked. I knew that voice.

  I looked around trying to keep my eyes focused and found four bodies near me.

  "Good, you're awake," I looked at Nate confused. How'd he get in here?

  I looked behind him and found Henry, Jessica, and Justin behind him. Why were they all here?

  "My parents," I said realization dawning on me that the man that I thought was my father punched me in the face.

  I got up form tee floor and Nate quickly made sure that I didn't fall. "What about them?" Nate asked me.

  "You told them?" I looked at Jessica. It was more of a statement then question.

  "How'd you know?" She asked. She still looked to the ground never having eye contact with me.

    "They're your best friends."

  "What happened? We walked in and found you passed out," he looked at my eyes. "And why the hell do you have a black eye?"

  I touched my and winced painfully. He did punch me.

  "It's a bit of a confusing sorry," I said running my fingers through my hair.

  "We've got time." Justin said leaning on the wall.

"Yeah, we've got time." I looked at my little brother trying to mock Justin's movement.

We weren't related at all. Maybe that's why my parents always treated Henry better then they did to me. I loved him. I would always love Henry, but how would I ever explain all of this. I didn't even understand this myself. I practically raised him since my parents were always going somewhere.

"Henry, please go to your room."

He grumbled to himself and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I never get to do anything in this house," he yelled as he walked up the stairs to his room.

When I heard the door slam close I began to speak again.

"Okay, well it all began with this lady coming to the house the other day..."

* * *
  "Wow..."

  "Woah..."

  "Well ain't that shit..."

  I had finished telling them the story of everything that had happened so far.

  "So who do you think the lady is?" Nate asked me. He looked the most shaken up about all of this.

  "I don't know, all I know is that once he read the letter from her he went ballistic."

  "Well that's the first step," Justin said standing up enthusiastically. I didn't know that was possible, but anything is possible with Justin.

  "What's the first step?" Jessica asked. I knew deep in my heart I forgave her for all that she did. How could I not. I always find it difficult to not forgive someone.

  "Find out what was on that letter!" He smiled showing all of his teeth, quickly brightening the rooms dull tone.

  "Well I left it in my parents room."

  We all walked upstairs to my parents room. It was a warm neutral theme with a gigantic bed in the center of the room. A gold chair was placed near a window. A flat screen tv in from of the bed, bathroom to the side, and a humongous walk-in closet.

  "From what I've heard your parents are evil, but man this room is goals af," Jessica said gazing at the room in amazement.

  "So where did you put the letter?" Nate asked from behind me, causing m cheeks to redden. I stifled a giggle, though there isn't anything funny about this situation.

  I looked around me to find where I had put it, when something caught my eyes. The letter.

  It was on the floor, envelope ripped up, as if someone was nervous to find what was waiting for them inside.

  "I found it." That quickly drew everyone together. We huddled up in a group and began to read the letter that would change everything.

    We already know where you live so you might as well give up now. We aren't going to back off, threat or no threat. We will find her. She means too much to us to stop fighting.

  Bring on the mafia, bring on the guns, bring everything you've got. We will get Penelope back. Might as well give up now, before you're thrown in prison where you belong.

  You have hurt too many people William, you and that mafia of yours and now you will all pay for what you have done.

                                      ~M.W.

  It was still and quiet. No one dared make a move. We all tried to understand what we had just read.

  "Who's Penelope?" Justin whispered.

  "I don't know..." I said just as quiet.

  "Your parents are in the mafia?" Jessica asked.

  I paused trying to believe it. It was so hard to do, but it all made sense. Why he had those torturous things, in that torturous room. Why he knew how to punches so well. Why he seemed so serious when he spoke on the phone.

  But my mom... She never could look as if she wasn't used to it. She was hard on me, but she almost never hurt if anything she was the nice one, at least compared to my dad. Maybe the letter used the word mafia as a metaphor for group of people.

  "I don't know..."

                           *  *  *
  "Now what?" I asked to no one in particularly. We all sat down on the couch no one saying a word. Nate sat next to me and so did Justin, leaving me, once again in the middle. Jessica went to go get something to drink in the kitchen. I would to, but even a cool drink of water couldn't soothe the feeling of shock in my heart.

  "We find who sent the letter," Justin said raising his hand in the air like he had a brilliant idea.

  "What!?!"

  "Have you lost it?!?" Nate and I said at the same time.

  "Listen. Whoever this person is. They want to get rid of the person whose hurt you your whole life, they've got the same motto as you. Maybe they can tell us what we want to know."

  What if I'm too scared to know?

  I ran my fingers through my hair. "We don't even know who sent the letter all we know is that a lady sent it." I said to Justin. 

  He started pacing around, a plan brewing in his mind. "So for now, we'll assume it's her."

  "Jessica!"

  "What!?!" Jessica entered the room seeming annoyed, her attitude changes quickly I realized.

  "How did you find out about Beas parents?" He asked her.

  "Hired the best investigator money could buy."

  "Well I guess they're about to have a very early Christmas, because we need you to do the same for her mom and dad."

                           *  *  *

  "I'll bring back all the information I can," Jessica walked out the door quickly running to her car, scared since we didn't really know what or who to expect anymore.

  "We have to go to," Justin said.

  "Why?" I asked curiously.

  "We have to search up about both your parents, find out about this so called mafia and see if there is anything sketchy."

  "Okay," I said nervously. In all honesty I don't  want to be alone, I was scared, the most scared I have ever been and Nate sensed that. Like he always did.

  "Hey, look at me. I promised you I'd keep you safe. There's nothing to worry about. Don't leave the house and we'll be back as soon as we can. For now just hang with Henry." He kissed me on the forehead, catching both me and a gawking Justin by surprise and, like Jessica, quickly went to his car.

  And just like that they were all gone. I took a deep breath, and exhaled. Letting everything that had happened sink in once again.

  "This is my life now," I whispered to myself.

               Boy was I wrong.
        _______________

Now before you kill me just know it wasn't my fault. My phone (which is where I write my stories since my laptop is being all Drake and in its feelings) was broken. I swear I can't have a phone for more than a year.

  I'm also sorry for the short chapter. I liked how this ended. The suspense is just beautiful.

  I'll try to update since I'm officially starting winter break.

  Hallelujah

  I'll catch you lovelies later...
                                    ~Thymajesty

    WHO SENT THE LETTER?

   WHAT WILL JESSICA FIND?

        WHO IS PENELOPE?

     FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON

           "I'm Just Too Nice"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 9K 30
Beatrice hates school, and everyone in it. she has one friend, her names Mags. other then that she is a loner. she doesn't mind entirely though becau...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
2.2K 287 69
"I've invited a friend for dinner." I said. "You really love Tim, don't you?" asked Robin. "I have invited Vlad." I said. *** Adam lives with his two...
241 15 10
4 months ago Nora Willson witnessed her parents death and everything changed. New house, new family and her picture perfect relationship with her boy...