Arranged Marriage to The Devil

By allygurl3000

How would you feel if your parents forced you to get married after the age of 18? With the guy you absolutely... More

Arranged Marriage to The Devil
Chapter 1: Meet Alexandra
Chapter 2: Dinner With The Carter's
Chapter 3: Tree House Fun
Chapter 4: Girls Night
Chapter 5: Family Dinner
Chapter 6: The High Life
Chapter 7: The Day I Got Arrested
Chapter 8:Unique New York
Chapter 9: Wedding Planner
Chapter 10: Thanks-giving
Chapter 11: Worst. Day. Ever
Chapter 12: Black Mailing
Chapter 13: Big Brother
Chapter 14: Singing in Walmart
Chapter 15: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 16: The Truth is Revealed
Chapter 17: Anger Has Rise
Chapter 18: I Got Arrested.. AGAIN!
Chapter 19: Second Chance
Chapter 20: What. Have. I. Done
Chapter 21: Bonding Time
Chapter 22: Valentines Day
Chapter 23: Tricks & Jewelry
Chapter 24: Cake Tasting
Chapter 25: Almas Diner
Chapter 26: Me Being Me
Chapter 27: Explain?
Chapter 28: The Gala
Chapter 29: Birthday Crash
Chapter 30: Eric's Story
Chapter 31: The Crazy Supply Teacher
Chapter 32: Apologize
Chapter 33: The Will
Chapter 35: What Now?
Chapter 36: This is The End
Preview of Living with the Devil (OUT NOW)

Chapter 34: The Wedding

17.8K 474 47
By allygurl3000

Alex

Their is a tradition when brides receive certain types of gifts on their wedding day.
Something old, something new, and something blue.
People have stopped the tradition for a while but others try to keep the tradition on.

  Mom fluffed my dress and stared at me through the mirror with awe, "You look beautiful honey,"

I stared blankly at myself. I was wearing a dress and not just any dress.
My wedding dress.

Today was the day I was getting "married" to Andrew and I didn't feel the slightest bit happy. I should be feeling over-joyed, emotional, ecstatic. But I'm not.

I never wanted and still not want to marry Andrew. Yes we have confess our feelings to each other but I don't want to marry him! I'm so young!

It's to early, but I have better things to worry about. My plan.

"Alex! My daughter in law! Beautiful!" Aunt Andrea gushed, extending her arms ready for a hug.

I put on a fake smile and hugged Aunt Andrea. "Thank you,"

I turned over to see Leah was in her maid of honour dress and her hair was nicely done. Her mouth was open wide staring at my dress. "Alex you look amazing!! The dress does look good on you!" She complimented me.

I blushed; I know I shouldn't let the compliments affect me but it was. I turned to look at myself once more. My hair was up in a nice side bun, small pieces of my hair was curled and placed near my ear, my make up was done as "natural" as possible but it feels like I have so much cake on!
My dress is strapless with a heart shaped line, and fell down like a trail behind me. Personally It looked amazing, I just couldn't enjoy it.

Our wedding planner came rushing in the room looking frantic. She had a head set to the side of her ear. "Okay everyone is waiting! Let's get the bride to the alter," my wedding planner said clapping her hands like crazy. Is this is how all wedding planners act? Frantic?

My braid maids, Mom and aunt Andrea left through the door except for Leah. Leah's hand reach my arm, her eyes were filled with worry, "Are you sure this is going to work?" She softly mumbled.

  I picked up my dress with Leah's help and sighed, "One way to find out." Then we headed out the door.

My mom, aunt Andrea link arms together and waited at the door for their time to walk down the aisle. Mom was fanning her eyes, "Andrea I'm not sure if I can do this!"

Andrea hugs my mom and cries, "It's okay will do this together!"

The way they're acting; People would believe they're getting married.

The doors opened, mom and aunt Andrea walked out the doors. Slowly my brides maids and my maid of honor walked out. Then they closed the door.

I am not sure why my mother wanted me to have the doors close again before I made my entrance. I get it I am suppose to be the star of the show but I just want to get this over with! Say I do and head out!

I stood in front of the closed doors with Carlos standing beside me. "You ready?" He asked.

I sighed at the ground and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure, it doesn't feel like my wedding day. I don't feel like I should be enjoying this. I'm getting married to the guy who I hated for almost my whole adolescence years. I want to explore the world, see who I become. Then settle down." I explained to Carlos.

He looked away with distress, "I'll be right back," then he left me standing in front of the doors. I waited a couple seconds for Carlos but he was no where in sight. Where did he go off to?

I threw my hands in the air, "Now who's going to walk me down the aisle?!" I yelled out with anger.

"I will madam."

I followed the voice and see Alec leaning on the wall near the doors, smirking. I shook my head, "No! No no no--"

"Oh come on!" He leaned off the wall and started walking towards me, "It's just a walk down the aisle," he said but his eyes had a glint of evil inside.  

I step back, "You act like I'm going to be okay with this.."

He placed his hands in the pocket of his dress pants. "Yes you will, you're marrying my brother; nothing here you're okay with."

He had a point. Even though I do not want him to walk me down the aisle,  Carlos ran away somewhere, plus it was my turn to walk down the aisle. I didn't have a choice at the moment.

I extended my arm out to Alec, "Come in here partner," I said in a southern accent.

Alec tipped his imaginary hat and grinned. "Sure thing partner," he said also with a southern accent.

The doors opened and everyone was standing and bringing their attention towards me. I felt my cheeks blush. Alec slipped a chuckle, "You're blushing?! It's just five hundred people staring at you, it's not like your nudes are lost in the Internet, and millions of people see every day. Like mine!" He explained while starting to walk down the aisle.

My eyes grew large, "Did you just say that you posted nudes on the Internet?!"

Alec smirked down at me then refocused his attention to the front of the aisle. "I didn't say that,"

My mouth opened and shut a few times, "Y-Yes! You totally did!" I exclaimed.

His smirk was still plastered on his face, "You have no proof,"

I couldn't believe this guy.

We reach the end of the aisle in no time and I noticed everyone in the audience we're crying. I didn't know any of them; probably business people.

I walked in front of Andrew and placed my hands in his. We both looked into each others eyes.

Is the plan going to work?  He mouthed

I nodded my head, it has to. No one knows besides Leah and Andre. I mouthed back.

The reverend cleared his throat and smiled to both Andrew and I. He brought his attention to the audience "We our gathered here today to celebrate love--"

I snort. The reverend looked over at me and so did everyone in the audience. I could feel my mothers daggers behind my back, trying to resist the urge to com up and smack me while 500 people in the audience are watching. I waved my hand while holding in my laughter, "Continue," I muttered.

The reverend stared at me once more than followed his attention to his book. "Okay then.." He flip a few pages, "God believes that man and women who love eac--"

I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out laughing. Again.

Andrew was quiet but his eyes lit up with amusement. The audience started to whisper and make sounds. Mother must be fuming in her seat. Just thinking about my mother made me laugh even harder.

While clutching my stomach from laughing, Andrew whispered closed to my ear, "This isn't part of the plan Alex!"

My laughter slowly came to a stop, "I know.." I whispered, "I couldn't help it!" I wiped my eyes and then brought my hands back into Andrews. "Sorry everyone!" I apologies to the crowd. I brought my attention to the reverend. "Continue,"

The priest looked like he wanted to question my sudden out burst of laughter but decided not to. He continued on with the service and everyone went back to sobbing with happiness.

Both Andrew and I exchange rings but did not say our vows. Of course mom took them out because she knows mine wouldn't be, pleasant.

"Before we bring our families together is their someone out there who is against this marriage?" The reverend asked the crowd.

Everyone was silent.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace," he added.

Both Andrew and I raised our hands, "We--"

"I do,"

My voice was caught in my throat. It couldn't be?!

I glanced over down the aisle and saw him. Him.

The one person who I believe I never would see again. The one person who I saw lying on his hospital bed dead and lifeless..

"Dad?"

He smiled and extended out his arms, "Yes honey it's me,"

I let go of Andrews hands, then tried to walk over to my father as best as I could in my dress and heels.
The audience started to mutter a few words with each other, mom face was drained of blood. Pale as a ghost. Andrew eyes widen from shock.

I brought myself towards my father and hugged him. Tears were filling my eyes, "I miss you so much," I cried out.
He rubbed my head and kissed my forehead lightly. "I know honey, I know."

Mom stood up from her spot and so did Aunt Andrea. Mom looked terrified. "Antonio, w-what are y-you doing h-here?" She asked

He glanced over at my mom and given her a cold stare,"To stop this wedding,"

Everyone gasped. Mom looked nervous but a bit of anger was slipping out. I backed away from my father and moved closer to Andrew, "Am I dreaming? Or is my dad actually alive? Wait! could he be a zombie? Am I in the walking dead? Did he wake up from his grave to stop this wedding!?" I questioned Andrew. 

Andrew continued staring at the scene, "Nope, he's alive alright. His clothes are not ripped, nor blood dripping from his mouth, or groaning."

He has a point. Dad didn't have the characteristics of a zombie. I'm slightly disappointed. How cool would it be to have a zombie dad?!

Mom placed her hand on dads arm and lightly chuckled, "Honey you're joking. You wanted this to happen!"

Dad pulled away her arm and backed away, "No, you wanted this wedding to happen not me. You used the Carter's to withhold the money of the law firm."

Mom smiled, "You're so full of it, you must not remember--"

"Mom, cut the shit."I snapped

Dad took a step closer to me, trying to ignore my mothers daggers, "I wrote my will right after the car accident, I thought I was going to die. I was loosing a lot of blood, my heart was acting up. I thought that day was the day I'll be gone.

So I began writing my will with Carlos. I had down that once Alexandra was eighteen she would be able to withhold the Thomason funds. But if she had gotten married before than all the money would be going to Lauren, was only going to be the one to distribute that money evenly between your education funds, charity and the lawfirm. Then I fell into a coma."

I brought my hands to my mouth, he wasn't dead?

I looked over at my mother, "You told me he was dead!"

Mom stayed silent.

Dad continued on with his story, "You're mother knew I was in a coma and told you that I was dead. She change the will and hired different Lawyers signing the will herself. She changed my hospital location and kept high security surrounding me, no one was allowed to visit me. To the world I was dead but to your mother I was alive.

Only your grandmother knew and that's why your mother never wanted you to keep in contact with her."

Dad looked over at mom and glared, "You wanted this wedding to happen just so you can keep the money. You weren't going to follow my will and then of course you get together with Carlos, just to keep the law firm money coming to you!" Dad spat out at my Mom

Mom huffed and crossed her arms, "I was protecting Alexandra--"

"From what?! The obsession of money, the only thing you have done was pay for her tuition! Lauren you're done here." Dad barked, signaling the security. 

"Wait!" I protested.

Dad, mom, The Carters and Andrew brought their attention to me, "So this wedding wasn't meant for Andrew and I to get along, it was meant for you to get money?!" I asked my mom

Mom rolled her eyes, "Yes dear," she said sarcastically.

"Don't call me dear," I spat out, "I'm not getting married and you can't make me!"

She smirked, "Already have darling, since this was a arrange marriage, you didn't have a say in anything!" Mom let out an evil laugh. Never once I would have thought my mother would be this cruel.

Until today.

"You know what mom, you forgot one thing that makes me consider that I am married to Andrew,"

She crossed her arms and smirked, "Like what?"

I brought my face close to my mothers and a smirked formed onto my lips, "I haven't signed the marriage license,"

Her smirk fell, "N-No you already did!"

"No she hasn't,"

We turned our attention to the doors and saw Carlos standing their with an envelope. "Lauren she's 18, legal to sign papers and contracts. You only made a contract with the Carters until they were 17 then after that, they would have to sign a marriage license."

Moms face was turning red, "Carlos how could you?! You ruined everything!" Mom shrieked.

Just then two large men came in and took a hold of my mother, "I won't let you get away with this!" Then she was gone.

Dad clapped his hands together, "If you wish, you can stay and enjoy nice dinner and dance or you can go home." He said loudly to the crowd.

Everyone gotten up and started to leave or made their way well I guess all the food is for me now.

Haha I'm joking.

Dad kissed my forehead, "I'm going to go tell the caterers something, I'll be back." He then left. I sat down in the closest seat.

Today has been a eventful day. What would happen if Dad was not alive or did not know I was getting married just for a money deal? I would still be getting married to Andrew and my mother would be having control of my own money that my father left for me.

How could my mother do this. She's suppose to be someone who I go to for help or for female problems. It hurts to know that my mother was this cruel. Tears were dwelling in my eyes.  But I will be strong, from this point on I will be heading into a new chapter, a new scenery and a open, and aware mind. Knowing I still have time to prepare  myself as a young adult.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Andrew holding a blue box.

The box looks odly familiar.

"Alex have you been crying?" Andrew asked worriedly. Wiping away a tear that sneaked a escape.

I shook my head, "No I yawned before you came back," I lied. I looked down at the box, "Whats in the box?"

His lips spread into a smile, "Open it." he said.

I took the box from his hand and slowly opened it. The first thing I saw was a note.

You have waited long enough. You have came a long way to figuring me out. (I know you have went to Tiffany and tried to get the 2nd piece) I wanted to reveal who I was on your birthday but action affected that. I love you Alexandra.

~ Andrew

"It was you?!"  I gasped.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, while his cheeks flushed a tinted red. "Yeah, I didn't know how you felt about me back then at Christmas, so I made myself a secret. I hope you're not mad?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "No I'm not. I'm glad it was you," I pulled him in and our lips connected together for a kiss.

We may have not gotten married and live happily ever after. Life does not always go the way we plan. But it did ended with us being happy just the way we are.

Never allow someone to choose your destiny or path in life, you'll never find yourself in that way. You'll be following orders and orders for the rest of your life. Not knowing the capabilities of making your own decisions. For example; buying a house, withholding your own money, marrying someone you truly love.

Being in charge of your life, your future is amazing. You can decide if you want to go to university or go travel the world for days, months or even years.

You decide.

Don't let anyone arrange your life, and believe they know who you are suppose to be with.
Because you'll never find out what true love is or the love for yourself.

Take charge of your own life, you'll never know what you will come up with.

*****

NOW THAT'S A TWIST RIGHT?!

P.S (A picture of Alex's wedding dress will be shown above! I just love the lace on it!!)

Cece ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 145 68
So who will it be for this hopelessly unromantic girl? The brooding best friend? Or the young and unquestionably attractive substitute teacher? They...
922K 5.7K 200
Looking for amazing books to read? Well look no further. You have come to the right place. If you think your book or anyone else's book deserves to...
3.9M 134K 39
Amazing cover by @Valenceia What will you do when you bump into an unknown guy and, You came to know how rude is he, And fate doesn't support you an...
5.6M 158K 48
Aidan, a billionaire and CEO of Empire is known for the title 'Top 5 Hottest Bachelor' for two reasons. He is extremely good-looking and for not want...