Unexpected (Elijah Mikealson...

By NeveReinsdorf

Adelaide Ackleson is one of a kind. She is half witch, half vampire. She is older than the originals, only th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
New story!
Change of Plans!
NEW STORY!!!
Reunited
Hello!
Poll Time
Poll Time Winner
SAY WHAT?!
Extra chapter
NEW COVER
100K reads?!

Chapter 3

35.6K 668 369
By NeveReinsdorf

Adelaide stood in front of her mirror, smoothing out her dress. It was a white dress with cap sleeves that had beads on them. She wore white heels under them.

She looked up as she heard Adeline come in. "Adeline." She greeted the older woman warmly and went over to help her get in the room.

The older woman held out a velvet box to the Hybrid. Adelaide looked at her. "I remember..." She coughed, "I remember you giving it to me when I was younger, around 21, was it not?" Adelaide smiled at the memory. It was a very special day, it was Adeline's engagement party, at that time they past off as best friends. Over the course of their lives they had past off as different things.

"Yes, you were."

"It was an amazing marriage. I'm sorry that I didn't have children but I loved my husband none the less. As I was saying though, I remember you giving it to me, I want to give it to you now, momma."

She smiled softly at the adression. Momma. Adelaide had found Adeline on the streets one day in the late thirties, she was just a little three year old girl, abandond by her real mother. Adelaide couldn't leave her there, so she took her and adopted her. Everything used to be easier back then.

Momma, Adeline missed it from time to time. She missed taking care of her as she used to, now every time she took care of her, she was afraid it might be the last time she did that.

Adelaide opened the box and saw the jewelry set she gave to Adeline years ago.

It was a nice teardrop earring/necklace set. It had diamonds and it was just perfect. Just as she had given it to her.

"Oh, Adeline." Adelaide pulled her in for a hug. "I'll always love you, baby girl."

She smiled at those words before taking the necklace in her hands. "May I?"

"Please." Adelaide said before turning around and bending a bit so Adeline could reach her neck without having to climb anything, fall down and break something.

She put the necklace on as Adelaide was putting the earrings in. She smiled as her daughter/grandmother came around and looked at their reflections in the mirror. Adelaide touched the necklace with a soft smile. It was absolutely lovely.

"You look stunning. Elijah will be very honoured to have you at his side tonight." Adeline assured Adelaide, patting the Hybrid's hand. "I won't wait up for you."

"Why wouldn't you? I will return as soon as possible." Adelaide insisted.

"No," the older woman shook her head. "no, I want to be alone tonight."

"Okay."

...

Adelaide stood in front of the mansion with wide eyes.

"Holy..." She breathed out.

A man soon rushed to her side. "Milady." She heard a British voice say.

She turned around and smiled at Elijah, "Well, I'd say 'My Lord,' but I have no idea if you actually were a lord." Elijah raised a brow, as if he was asking her if she was real, "You know what? I think I know the answer. Anyway, you look very handsome tonight." She had seen him in a suit before as it was the only think that he ever wore but he even looked better. If that was even possible.

"And you... I'll have to fight men tonight, won't I?"

Adelaide giggled. "No, you won't... You won't, right?"

Elijah chuckled. "No, I won't. But, you did promise me something, remember? You are mine for the whole night."

"How could I forget?" Adelaide smiled at Elijah, looking forward to the evening. She never really liked formal events but she couldn't wait to be with Elijah. "Just so you know, though, I will dance with Matt or so. I am sure Rebekah or your mother would love to dance with you as well."

"Rebekah, maybe. My mother... probably not." Elijah led her inside.

Once inside, her jaw dropped to the floor. It looked amazing, a lot different than what they lived in those 'cabins' all of those years ago.

"What are you thinking?" He asked softly as she was quiet for a little while.

Adelaide looked up with a soft smile. "It's absolutely beautiful in here, Perfect, even."

"Like you." Elijah murmured softly, so soft that she shouldn't have heard but being a Vampire, she of course did hear it. She tried to fight the blush that threatened to creep up her cheek but she wasn't strong enough. "What?" Elijah asked, certain that she shouldn't have heard.

Adelaide shook her head. "It's hot in here." Adelaide lied.

"Do you want to go back outside?" Elijah asked, immediately worried. "I do have to be back soon, mother expects me to give a speech."

"A speech?" Adelaide asked, not able to keep the words in.

"Yeah, Mother insisted." Elijah explains. "So, do you want to go..." He didn't finish his sentence, instead looked behind her.

She turned and saw Elena standing there in a beautiful gown. She looked like a princess.

"I'll stay in." Adelaide answered Elijah's unfinished question.

Elijah smiled at her and offered his arm. Adelaide smiled softly as she took his arm.

"Ever the gentleman." Adelaide said softly, still smiling.

"Would you like to go out for a bit?" Elijah suggested. "Fresh air might do you good."

"I'd love that, thank you." Adelaide agreed.

They went outside and started walking. They came to some horses and Adelaide immediately wanted to go there. She remembered all the times she sat on a horse, riding it, feeling the wind in her hair. Feeling free.

"You ride horseback?" Elijah asked with a soft smile on his face.

"Yeah, I do. I did, once. I'd love to do it again... I remember the free feeling I used to have. It was... Indescibable."

Elijah nodded. "Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just... magnificent. That feeling..."

"Like you can take on the world." They both say.

"Yes, indeed. Why did you stop?"

"I started doing magic, it became my main priority, I didn't have the time anymore. I needed to master my powers. Horseback riding was a complication."

Elijah nodded. "Would you do it again, should you have the chance?"

Adelaide nodded. "Yes, I would. I miss it, a lot."

Adelaide a little step to the front, she would be kissing him. It seemed tempting but she didn't want to do anything. Not then. She didn't know Elijah anymore, not like she once used to. He is more then a millenium old, he must have changed, not?

Adelaide backed off and Elijah, who had already been leaning in, cleared his throat. "I think it is time for me to give my speech."

They walked inside, side by side, in an awkward silence. They entered and she stayed in the crowd while Elijah climbed the steps with his siblings. Somewhere during his speech, his mother came down and let her eyes trail down the crowd. Once she met Adelaide's eyes, her breathing hitched, Adelaide could see it. Adelaide willed her with my eyes to shut up about me to her children.

"So please, join me and my family for this dance." Elijah comcluded his speech.

He walked over to her and offered his hand. "May I have this dance?"

Adelaide smiled and gave her hand. "I'd love to."

Elijah took her hand and led her to the ballroom. He took his place and they started the dance.

While dancing, Adelaide sang softly with the song. Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love had been her favorite song for a long time. She used to play it for Adeline not too long ago and when she was younger she used to play a song a lot like that one. She had a lot of good memories from that song.

After the dance, she and Elijah stepped outside of the room along with the rest o the guests. Now it was Esther who was proposing a toast.

Adelaide looked at the glass in Elijah's hand. "Don't drink that."

Elijah looked weirdly at her but did it anyway. "Would you like a tour?"  He asked when everyone returned to the great hall.

Adelaide nodded. "Yes."

So, he took her on a tour. It was a beautiful home. Elegant and old-fashioned... it was perfect for them.

He showed her every room, leaving his last. He opened his room and let her in.

"So, how strong of a witch are you?" He asked, while she was looking around. It was so him, elegant and classic. "I imagine you're strong seeing as you are the Hybrid that could mean the end of the Supernatural world. Aren't you the Vampire slash Witch?"

Adelaide froze. How did he know? "Elijah..."

"You know, I had these dreams of you and me in my old village. I thought they were just that, dreams. But then Mother started talking about the one Witch she'll always miss. I did not think anything of it, until she described you."

"Elijah..." she tried again.

"So, were you planning on telling me?"

"Elijah, what is said of me? You said so yourself, I am rumored to bring the end to everything Supernatural, people believe that. Think further, Elijah, if I end the Supernatural, I end myself, would I really do that? Especially now?"

"Now, what is now?"

"Adeline... She wasn't always my grandmother." Adelaide started. "It wasn't always like that. She calls me something different."

"What does she call you?" Elijah asked.

Adelaide sighed. "Momma, I adopted her years ago."

"Momma..."

The end of Chapter III, let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.1K 21
What if Lexi had a sister that fell in love with Elijah Mikaelson. How would everyone react? Read to follow Alyson and Elijah in there twisted life.
360K 8.9K 19
[BOOK ONE] 100 days. That's all Amber Rose had left until she went to the dark side of her coven in New Orleans. In the Rose family when you turn 21...
45.6K 712 21
It's been seventy-five years since Octavia Davenport has seen Elijah or Klaus Mikaelson. She's not sure where she stands with them, but she knows it'...
47K 2.7K 61
Can Claudia ever love her mother's killer? What if he's her mate? Claudia meets the gorgeous Klaus Mikaelson her best friend's new brother-in-law. S...