Fiercer Than Fire

By _AcrossTheUniverse_

''Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those wh... More

Fiercer Than Fire
Brighter Than The Burn
A Stranger's Stare: Part I
Just Jared.
A Stranger's Stare: II
The Other Side
Rumor Has It.
Increasing Inferno: I
Increasing Inferno: II
Surely Shaken
His Confliction
Detrimental Dares
Startling Sensations
Messy Memories
Ominous Occurrences
Absurd Agreements: I (redone)
Tremendously Tired
Frosty Firsts
Revolting Revelations
Another World
Loyalty Over Love
Phantom Presence
Whispered Visions
Tainted Time
IMPORTANT

A Taste Of Another

1K 63 13
By _AcrossTheUniverse_

Chapter Seven: A Taste Of Another.

Status: Not edited. So drop a comment if you find that I need to correct something :) 

Aim: 25 votes. 

♪ Andrea's perspective 

Right foot forward.

Left foot back.

Spin.  

Jump.

Thrust left hand forward.

Step forward.

Turn.

Thrust right hand forward.

And done.

I huffed and placed my hands on my knees as I took a deep breaths. I can't do this. I can't dance. I looked up at my partner with narrow eyes. "D'evon," I growled under my breath, "How can you dance so well?" 

D'evon looked at me through his beautiful, long lashed, startling green eyes that stood out against his dark skin and dark hair. HIs full lips were pulled into a slight smile as he stared at me with amusement. I thought I'd been the luckiest girl in the entire class to get paired up with this hottie.

And then we started dancing.

At first I had been the shy, stammering mess that I always seem to turn into when I'm near a cute guy, but then I guess all the adrenaline got me feeling a little bit comfier. Plus, there was something about D'evon that just made him easier to talk to.

"Come on Andrea," his deep voice sent thrills down my back and he offered out his hand to me, "Follow me. It isn't that hard."

"Easy for you to say," I mumbled beneath my breath, "You're actually good at it."

"Hmmm? Did you say something?"

"Me? Nope."

 I may be best friends with the most strong willed person in the world -well, at least she use to be- but that didn't mean that I was a thing like her. One of the few similarities that we shared was that we both were bad dancers and couldn't dance to save our lives. People like D'evon were lucky that they could. 

Ugh. I don't even know why I chose dance in front of home economics. 

Life would have been so much better if I hadn't.  

Oh wait, it wouldn't, I wouldn't have got to be paired with D'evon and I suck at cooking. For example I still remembe that time when I almost set my kitchen on fi-

"Andrea?" D'evon called out to me, "Andrea? Are you even listening to me?"

I gulped down my embarrassment, pushed away my thoughts and sent him a sheepish smile, "Uh yeah, sorry about that." 

"No problem. Now come on, let's try that routine again." 

~~

I was just about to break down in tears of happiness when our dance teacher informed us that class was over.

D'evon was as the sweetest person ever when he asked me if I was alright, and if I wanted him to stay back with me whilst I recovered. I shook my head and told him I'm alright; and just to make sure he believed me I walked to the girls shower room in front of him, hoping that he'd be outside, waiting for me when I came out.

But he hadn't. He'd already left to class without me. 

Huh, guess he didn't stick around to say goodbye.

Sigh. Me and my silly case of wishful thinking. 

I walked away with a frown and made my way towards Delilah's locker. No one was there, which was odd. Delilah never trailed away from her locker after class, we had an unspoken agreement that we'd always meet at her locker since it was closest to most of my classes. My frown deepened and I ran towards Ryanne's locker, he practically stalked her, he must know where she was. 

"Ryanne!" I shouted once I spotted him, sulking about near his locker.  His head shot up and he stared at me with a bored and slightly confused expression, "Yes Audreya?"

"Andrea," I corrected him with a scowl, "Anyways, do you know where Delilah is?"  Ryanne's eyes narrowed as he sneered, "That stupid new kid and her went off somewhere together. Mr Webb put them together. He probably knows where she is."

"Oh,thanks!" I said before rushing off in pursuit of Nyle and Mr Webb.Ryanne probably hated Nyle 'cause he was with Delilah. Stupid Ryanne. He didn't even like Delilah, he just liked the way she looked and wanted to 'show off' that he had the prettiest girl in the school under his arm. I hate him.

I searched for quite some time before I found Nyle, standing outside the teacher's lounge with Mr Webb. They both were in deep conversation, and the second they appeared in my field of vision, Nyle's fiery gaze snapped onto mine. He watched me take slow steps towards them and frowned. I froze when I heard Mr Webb ask Nyle, "Is Delilah alright?"  

Delilah? What happened to her? I just saw her two hours ago, and she seemed perfectly alright, well physically at least. Otherwise, she just wasn't the same. 

I had a very strong feeling that Nyle knew something about Delilah. 

"Nyle?" I called him, "H-how d-do you kn-know D-Delilah? And Mr Webb, what happened to her?" 

Mr Webb spun on his heel and his gazed anxiously into my eyes. "Futo," Nyle murmured. The strange word sounded like a cuss word. "Andrea," he said as he took a step towards me, "According to the information I have gathered on my brief visit, I believe that it is you Delilah trusted the most. Am I correct?"

I swallowed down my bewilderment and nodded, "Y-yeah, what ab-about it?"

" I come bearing a request that you must fulfill."  

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♀ Delilah's perspective 

Let’s just say that hanging out on ‘The Other Side’ –as Skye liked to call it- wasn’t as creepy as it sounded out to be.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t that comfortable either.

You know that feeling of utter weightlessness that you go through when you're on a roller-coaster and it's suddenly begins it's rapid pace back towards the ground, before shooting off again? Well, that how I felt..

I felt like my body held no mass at all. In other words, like I had no body.  I guess we subconsciously register the pull our mass hold's on us, for I  felt like I wasn’t made of anything. As if I was one with the air that surrounded me. 

"How are we able to walk on the floor-" I asked Skye, as I gestured towards the marbled floor beneath our feet, "-when we go through solid material?" 

Skye shrugged, "I have no idea," he said, "But... I think you should ask Nyle that." 

I frowned as he said the words; Skye had been refusing to tell me anything else about 'The Phoenix' or how he knew 'Nyle', claiming over and over that it wasn't his place to tell me. 

"Pfft. Whatever." 

"Cheer up," Skye said before grabbing my hand, "I want to show you something." 

I raised my eyebrows at our entwined hands and felt an uncomfortable pricking sensation at my neck. 

"Hmmm... so it continues to affect the birthmark in this form as well. The power it must contain must certainly be quite strong."

Skye nodded his head. "It is. I believe that his mark is actually one of the strongest." 

I ignored the voice in my head and Skye -though every fibre in my skull begged for me to ask him what he meant; instead, I turned to look at him expectantly, "What did you want to show me again?" 

"Hold on tight,  Lil' Storme," Skye informed me with a wink, before shooting off, through the ceiling. 

~~

The entire world around me composed only of a blur of colors. We flew past the hotel's floors and due to my rather tame spirit, I felt a peal of laughter escape my lips. "This is amazing!" I remarked as we flew higher and higher. Skye chuckles accompanied the 'woosh' sound that flew past my ears, that is until we suddenly stopped.

"That-" Skye said as he let go of my hand -causing for the pricking sensation at my birthmark to stop-",- is how we travel on 'The Other Side'." 

"The Other Side." I mimicked in his voice and Skye nudged me with his elbow. "What?" I asked when he sent an incredulous look my way, "That's all you keep saying- 'The Other Side' this and 'The Other Side' that." 

Skye resumed to mimic me.

And pretty soon we started having a mimicry match.

"Zitto! Quiet down there!" I heard a voice laced with an Italian accent shout behind me. I turned on the heel of my foot and found myself facing a pretty girl with long blond hair and bright green eyes. She glowed blue as well and was currently stuffing her fingers in her ears, "Per l'amor di dio, I swear Skye, if-" And then she noticed me.

"It can't be. Not after all this time..."

"Oh mio," she breathed as her eyes scanned my figure, "How did you-? When did yo-? Oh mio."

I raised my eyebrows at her.  Did I know her? That weird voice in my head -that Skye could hear- seemed to find her familiar, if her comment hadn't given that away.

"Giselle, I can expali-" Skye began to say when the girl -named Giselle- interrupted him.

"Skye, how d-" Giselle stopped talking and held her breath for a second before her lips parted to release a meek, "Val?" Then she paused and took me in before her eyes widened, "Oh mio dio! Valentina!" And then she hugged me and started to sob, murmuring words in Italian -well, it sounded like how Italian sounds in movies- in between her sobs. 

Val? Valentina?

"Giselle?" 

And that's when I felt myself lose control of my form. The reigns just slipped right through my fingers. 

The inner voice had taken over.

And there was nothing I could do about it. 

AIM: 25 Votes      

Author's Note:  

Hey! I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I couldn't really include anything important in this one. I guess it's more of a filler. And I'm really sorry 'cause the wait was longer than it was supposed to be... It's actually 'cause my school just opened and so, I find it hard to find time to write and study. Also, because I have this insane pain in my left arm for no explainable reason and so I find it hard to type too much. Hope that gets better soon. 

I have a couple of days off which I've planned to use wisely. In other words, if the aim of the chapter is achieved sooner, the next chapter will be up sooner :)

Thanks for reading! Don't be afraid to drop a vote, comment and fan! :D

Lots of love,

_AcrossTheUniverse_

P.S- Sorry if I sound a little bit out of it, I'm not feeling that great actually.                                             

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...
5.9M 262K 52
"What the hell?" I took a step closer to the mirror, staring at my reflection in disbelief. The person looking back was still me, but at the same ti...
Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

124 25 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...
57 5 8
I had never fit in anywhere. If you had white hair and freakishly bright silver eyes, that people swear swirls sometimes, that'd be a pretty difficul...