Clary Riddle and the Man with...

By CharlieA

Clarissa Rose Riddle Weasley, is just a slightly normal witch attending Hogwarts. Though no one besides the t... More

Clary Riddle and the Man with the Nefarious Eyes {A HP Next Generation Story}
[2] Back to Hogwarts
[3] New Teacher
[4] Hectic
[5] Quidditch
[6] Eyes
[7] Always Watching
{Fan Contest}
[8] Shrieking Shack
[9] Unwelcoming News
[10] Afraid
[11] Hogsmeade {1}
[12] Hogsmeade {2}
[13] Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin
Fan Contest Results
[14] Diagon Alley
[15] Confused Feelings
[16] Hidden Intentions
[17] The Premises of a Dream
[18] The Confrontation
[19] Apologies
[20] Surprise Surprise {Wow Chapter}
[21] Rumors & New Students
[22] Moments
[23] Marauder's Map
[24] Revealed
[25] Torn
[27] Escape from Azkaban
[28] Banished
[29] The Most Outrageous Scheme in Hogwarts
[30] Walking into Death's Open Arms
[31] Some Things Don't Always End

[26] Locked Up

5K 119 75
By CharlieA

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters and what not! Belongs to J.K. Rowling!

[26] Locked Up

“What did you say Clary?” Scorpius asked next to me as the two boys stared at me from my side, while I looked at the picture in front of me. I stared into those dark brown eyes of my actual father and the way his sandy blonde hair fell in front of his eyes, just like mine did. He even had the same exact smile as me.

“Riddle?” Teddy asked from my other side as I snapped out of my train of thoughts.

“Sorry… I’ve just never seen a photo of him so young… Usually he’s around eighteen or nineteen in my mother’s photos and he doesn’t usually have a smile on his face.” I said sincerely as the two boys looked at me.

“So you’re saying this guy is your real dad?” Teddy asked as I set the picture down on the table and stared hard at the photo.

“No. I’m saying that boy in that photo is my biological father; my real dad is at home with my mum. That’s just the man I share my genes with.” I said coldly as I stared down at the smiling boy, part of me couldn’t believe that this handsome, smiling boy was the man that left my mum to raise a child by herself at age sixteen.

“Clary… Do you know any of the other boys in the photo?” Scorpius asked next to me as I looked down at the other two boys, I immediately shook my head.

“I’ve never seen them before, wait!” I yelled as I grabbed the photo and put it up against my face.

“What is it?!” Teddy yelled as he got closer to me as I pulled the photo from my face with my eyes still slightly wide.

“Look at that cat! Does that cat look familiar to you!?” I asked showing the picture to Scorpius and Teddy as I pointed at the small orange kitten on the fireplace mantel, licking his front paws, like a certain cat does when he’s about to go to sleep.

“It sort of looks like Tiberius…” Teddy said next to me as he looked down at me as I nodded my head frantically.

“Sort of?! It looks exactly like him! He even has the green eyes to match! Not a lot of cats have green eyes!” I yelled excitedly as Teddy just arched an eyebrow at me, questioning my insanity.

“Clary, the chances of that being the same cat as Tiberius is highly unlikely.” Scorpius said nicely as he looked at the photo and then back at me, I could only frown somewhat.

“But he looks exactly like Tiberius! He even cleans his paws the same way Tiberius does!” I exclaimed as Scorpius sighed.

“But that cat would probably be around twenty or so years old. He would also probably be with those people in the photo, not where I bought him at a local muggle pet store.” Scorpius reasoned as I sighed and looked back down at the photo.

“And look, that cat has a collar around his neck with the name on the tag.” Teddy said next to me as he looked down at the photo, I squinted my eyes as well to see if I could make out the name. “Moldy? Tromedong?” Teddy guessed as he looked down at the photo.

“I think it says tomdolve?” I questioned as Scorpius looked down at it as well.

“Here write down these letters,” Scorpius said as I grabbed a quill and parchment, “v, t, m, o, d, e, l, o, and r. I think those are the letters on the tag.”

I looked down at the piece of parchment to see the letters scrambled all over the piece of parchment as I groaned, “Bloody hell, it could be anything… Model Rolv?”

“It’s obviously not that.” Teddy said as he hovered over me to look down at the piece of parchment, “I got it! It’s Tom Delv!”

“I don’t know… Who would name their cat Tom Delv?” I questioned as Teddy frowned.

“Well who would name it Model Rolv? At least mine actually sounds realistic.” Teddy argued as I huffed.

“Hardly, you just put together anything with those letters!” I argued as Teddy leaned over.

“You’re just jealous because I came up with a name that could possibly be the name of the mystery cat in the photo.” Teddy said with a smirk as I frowned.

“No I am not. I think it’s preposterous and utterly ridiculous.”

“Well I think –“

“Sorry to cut in between this very logically and valid argument, but I think Professor Charles is coming back. I hear footsteps.” Scorpius said next to us as I immediately tensed up.

“Bloody hell! What are we going to do? He’s going to know! Oh bloody hell how are we going to hide this!” I yelled in frenzy as both Scorpius and Teddy looked at me oddly.

“Clary?” Scorpius asked as I looked at him in a complete panic.

“What?!”

“You do realize we just need to put the picture back in the book, and the book back in the drawer, don’t you Riddle?” Teddy asked as I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

“Of course I did…” I replied stuttering slightly as Teddy and Scorpius both grinned widely.

“I think you’ve been studying too hard Clary.” Scorpius said as Teddy agreed as I just blushed.

“Will you two just help me put the picture back?” I huffed as Scorpius and Teddy just smiled, but helped me nonetheless as we each took turns memorizing the photo, and then as we were closing the drawer back up, along with the book. I couldn’t help but realize something from the photo as well. “You know… now that I think about it, the youngest boy in that photo, and the one on the left side of my father…. He sort of resembles Professor Charles. Don’t you think?”

I looked over at the two boys who only looked at me and then their eyes widened, “Bloody hell you’re right Riddle!” Teddy exclaimed as Scorpius nodded his head.

“He did look a lot like the Professor. He had the short dirty blonde hair and even those grey eyes. He did look awfully young in that photo, what probably around five or something? The other two look more around their preteens.” Scorpius said as we all made out way back to our desks, the parchment with the random letters still tucked away in my pocket.

“Yeah… Why do you think Professor Charles and my biological father were in a photo together?” I asked as I looked over at Scorpius and Teddy.

“I’ve got no idea… Maybe your dad was related to Professor Charles or baby sitting him or something.” Teddy shrugged as I rolled my eyes.

“But my mum said my dad was a muggle, he went to a muggle school and everything. He didn’t know anything about the magical world. Professor Charles, on the other hand, is a wizard. He even told us that he was from a wizard family.” I argued as Teddy shrugged.

“Well we know two things; Professor Charles seemed to have known your biological father and we know that either your father was lying to your mother about being a muggle or Professor Charles is a hiding a bigger secret than we have ever could imagine.” Scorpius said across from us as my eyes widened slightly.

“What about the cat? I think we know three things, I think that cat has something to do with this too.” I reasoned as Teddy and Scorpius shot me a look, I faltered slightly.

“Riddle, I really don’t think that cat is Tiberius. It’s just too coincidental that, that cat would be in your hands. You never know, maybe Creepy Professor Charles still has that cat or something, or even your biological dad.” Teddy shrugged as I looked over at Scorpius to see if he would be agreeing with me.

“Sorry Clary, but I think Teddy is right, for once. It would be very unlikely that, that cat from a muggle pet store would be Tiberius. I’m sure there are plenty of kittens that have orange stripes and green eyes.” Scorpius replied as I sighed and stared off into space until I heard the distant patter of footsteps enter the room.

“Well, looks like you three behaved rather well.” I heard the familiar voice of Professor Charles appear behind me. I glanced around to see him standing in the doorway, my whole being wanted to scream at him and ask him a million questions as to how he knew my biological father and what he was really up to. But I had to suppress the feelings, as soon as the field trip was over he would be out of here and then maybe I would be able to ask all the questions I wanted to ask.

“Of course, we’re well behaved students. We don’t do anything wrong.” Teddy said sarcastically as he gave an icy glare at Professor Charles as he gave me a smirk. Professor Charles only somewhat glared back.

“Yes well, Mr. Lupin, I’m sure if I need your commentary I will ask for it. Other than that, I believe this is detention and you are supposed to be quiet in detention.” Professor Charles spat back as Teddy only grinned as if he knew something Professor Charles didn’t, he held his tongue though and just leaned back in his chair as Professor Charles made his way back to his desk. Once he sat down, I watched as he took out a small key from his pocket and unlocked the drawer and pulled out the same book we were just looking at. He flipped through the pages until he came upon one page, his eyes seemed too widened slightly until he turned the next page, that’s when it hit me. Bloody hell, we were one page off!

Professor Charles glanced up and caught my eye as I quickly tried to avoid it and look elsewhere. I wasn’t sure if it worked or not, all I knew is I felt Professor Charles staring at me the entire time through detention.

***

“You know what I find strange.” Teddy said next to Scorpius and me as us three were walking down the silence corridors in the dead of the night, Professor Charles had made us stay an extra hour since he was gone for most of the detention. How unfair! I still had some homework to do, mostly in Muggle Studies though.

“What?” Scorpius and I asked as we looked up at Teddy, his hands in his pockets as his dark brown hair sticked out in the front.

“Who was that third boy in the photo?” Teddy asked us as he looked down at us, “I mean we know that the youngest is probably Professor Charles, the middle one is your biological dad, but who’s the third one that looks all… dark?”

We all stopped in the middle of the corridors as we looked at one another. How peculiar, who was that third boy? None of us seemed to really notice the third boy in the picture, I mean yes, and I noticed him. He looked about the oldest and most likely the one that defied the rules a lot. But who was he? Was he also related to my father in some way? But how? He didn’t look anything like him, with his black coal hair and teal eyes. “Do you think he’s related to Professor Charles or even my father?”

“He didn’t look like he was….” Scorpius said trailing off as he looked over at Teddy, “You don’t think…?”

“Well it seems like almost everything is connecting together, I was just wondering who that guy was.” Teddy said as I looked at the two questionably, they did that secret message thing again that left me completely out of the loop.

“What are you two talking about?” I asked looking at both Teddy and Scorpius.

“Teddy thinks that the boy in the photo could be the guys with those nefarious eyes you always see.” Scorpius said as I gawked at Teddy.

“You couldn’t possibly think that, could you Teddy? I mean… it would just be too coincidental. Like the cat theory I had earlier, which you both shot down, may I just add.” I replied as Teddy just rolled his eyes.

“I’m just saying the guy looked out of place… And it just makes you think who he was. I mean Professor Charles must know him as well.” Teddy said as I sighed.

“I know what you mean… But we’ve never even heard of this guy, for all we know that guy could be dead. But on the other hand… my father, I think he’s still alive… My mom sent him a letter a few years ago telling him about me and how I was. She said she sent it around the time I left for Hogwarts. He replied back saying he wanted nothing to do with me. So… He is probably still alive, and I think we should pay a visit to him.” I said as I looked at the two, they both stared at me.

“Are you mental Riddle?” Teddy asked as I cocked my head to the side curiously.

“Not that I know of, but I haven’t gotten a brain scan in awhile.”

“Clary, do you really think it would be a good idea to go visit your biological father? Things could come up that you’re not ready to handle, and what if he is a muggle and doesn’t know anything about the magical world? We’d probably send him into a stroke.” Scorpius reasoned as I shrugged.

“I don’t care. Anyways he must have answers that I’m looking for, I mean how else can you explain his presence in the picture? He must know something about magic. I think we should pay him a visit. I’m tired of just guessing and hoping I’ll be able to figure out what’s going to happen before that day comes. I don’t want to wait around until that time; I want to find out answers now. Even if it means paying a visit to a man who didn’t even want me in his life.” I responded firmly as Teddy and Scorpius exchanged weary glances and then sighed.

“Well then I guess we better fill the rest of the gang in. We’re going to need a lot of help if we’re going to somehow manage to pull this off without our parents knowing.” Teddy sighed as Scorpius nodded.

“Not to mention the school.” My face immediately lit up as Scorpius and Teddy were taking me side.

“Thank you guys so much!!” I exclaimed as I glomped them both in a huge hug as I smiled brightly. “I just have a feeling once we visit him we’ll be able to figure a few things out!”

Teddy and Scorpius were grinning once I let go of both of them as they looked over at each other, “I’m sure that hug was more so for me than it was for you Scorpion.”

“Rainbow boy, I wouldn’t be getting your hopes up so soon. They’ll just be crushed in the end.” Scorpius replied with a smirk as Teddy grinned, I rolled my eyes at the two.

“Okay then, since Libby, McKenzie and James are in Gryffindor I’m counting on you, Teddy, to relay the message to those three. I’ll tell Lara.”

“What about Bradley?” Scorpius asked as he looked at me.

“Hucklebere?” Teddy questioned, “Why would he need to know? He’s not really part of our gang is he? I mean… Lars and Libby like him, but he’s not technically in.”

“He could help though, I think both him and McKenzie could be of help later on, if we told them everything.” Scorpius said as he looked at both Teddy and I, I faltered a bit at the thought. Of course I trusted the two of them, but it just made me wonder if I should tell them. It would only be putting more people at risk on whatever is going on… Then again, if what the man with the nefarious eyes said is true, then the whole wizarding world is going to be at risk very soon.

“Scorpion have you been drinking Firewhisky lately? We can’t those two bloody everything. I don’t necessarily trust that Hucklebere.” Teddy said firmly as I rolled my eyes at the boy.

“You just don’t like him because he gets more girls than you do.” I argued as Teddy looked over at me and grinned.

“My eyes are already set on one girl though and I know for a fact that Hucklebere won’t be getting her.” Teddy said as he winked at me, the subtle confession caught me off guard as I felt my cheeks heat up once more.

“Hey, you can’t say the real confession and then one of your flirt by confessions in one day. I call foul play.” Scorpius said as he glared at Teddy who only smirked.

“Alls fair in love and war.” Teddy said with a wink as Scorpius rolled his eyes while I just continued to blush. They were now so open about liking me; this would take some getting use to.

“R-Right… Um well… I think you might be right Scorpius. I think it’s time we tell McKenzie and Bradley everything. I trust those two and we may need their help in the near future.” I replied as I tried to avoid eye contact from the two.

“Alright, I’ll see if I can catch Bradley. He should be patrolling the halls near Ravenclaw since he’s prefect.” Scorpius said as I nodded.

“And I’ll catch Kenzie or I’ll just let James tell her, they should probably be getting some alone time.” Teddy said with a wink as I smiled.

“I thought you said you didn’t want to get involved with James’ love life?” I asked as I looked over at Teddy who just shrugged.

“Well I figured, why not? James needs a bit of snogging every now and again.” Teddy joked as I glared at him.

“Teddy!” I yelled as I smacked him on the arm playfully, “You’re such a nark.”

“So harsh, but so worth it to see your cute angry face.” Teddy said with a smirk as Scorpius rolled his eyes.

“Please hit him again Clary, I think you should just keep hitting him until he goes into a coma and then, it’ll just be you and me.” Scorpius said with a grin as I blushed somewhat at that statement as well.

“R-Right… Well we should probably be heading back to our own rooms now. I need to talk to Lars and Julie… Bloody hell she’s going to kill me for missing Quidditch practice…” I groaned as Teddy and Scorpius just smiled. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow then.”

“Oh! Riddle I also wanted to mention that tomorrow during the field I may have a plan on getting Professor Charles fired.” Teddy said with a grin as both Scorpius and I looked at him oddly.

“You do?” We both asked.

“Yeah, but you’ll just have to wait till tomorrow. Well not you scorpion because you won’t be there. Looks like it’ll just be me and Riddle.” Teddy said with a sing song voice as Scorpius grinned for a second but quickly replaced it with a frown.

“We’ll see.” Was the only thing he said before he turned on his heels and started to head down the corridors as Teddy looked after the retreating figure.

“Why do I feel that Scorpion is up to something…?” Teddy asked out loud as I smiled.

“Because he most likely is. Anyways, good night Teddy, I’ll see you tomorrow in the Great Hall. Don’t forget to tell everyone about that thing.” I said as Teddy grinned, I quickly turned and headed towards the Ravenclaw room, ready to tell an eager Lars about what happened today. But not so ready to confront a raging Quidditch captain.

***

I ran down stairs, taking two steps at a time as I did. I accidentally managed to run through a passing by ghost as I felt that web like feeling. “Sorry!” I spat out as I glanced back at the ghost to see her giving me the evil eye before floating on. I was late, I was so late, and I had barely managed to get on clothes. It was a good thing Lara told me that I didn’t have to wear my uniform on this field trip; otherwise I’d probably be the only one. I was wearing a nice pair of skinny jeans along with white boots, a grey sweater with a green tank top peaking out from the bottom and one of a grey knit hat that was placed just on top of my curly locks of hair. I had accidentally overslept somewhat and I was already running a few minutes late, we were suppose to meet in Professor Charles’ room and I could only pray that they hadn’t left without me. I rounded a corner and suddenly I made contact with something.

I barely had time to think before I felt my body go slightly limp and fall on top of the person. Before I could even open my eyes, however, I felt something run through my body. It was a sharp pain of emotions that caused me to gasp. Anger and fear filled every bone in my body as I quickly saw an image in my mind. A hooded figure stood watching a group of students as he pointed his wand at something, there in front of him was a wall of glowing bright white light that seemed to move as to keep whatever behind it, from breaking out. He pointed his wand at the wall and then there was a flash. I was soon brought back to reality as I felt something brush the side of my arm. I looked down to see I was on top of Professor Charles. My heart began to race and my mouth went completely dry as I took in those grey eyes. “P-P-Professor Charles!”

“Clarissa, there you are. I was just about to go see if you were in the Great Hall or still in the Raven Common Room. Good to know you were on your way, though it is terribly painful as to how I found you. You were running rather fast weren’t you?” Professor Charles asked calmly as he looked into my eyes, he was neither alarmed nor even embarrassed on how his student was practically on top of him. “Overslept?”

“Y-Yes.” I stuttered as I moved off his chest and onto the floor in a sitting position, as soon as my body was not touching his I felt relief and the pain, fear, and anger went away in an instant, as though it was never there. Professor Charles moved onto his elbows to look over at me. “Professor Charles… just now did you see –“

Though my sentence was cut off due to another voice, “Riddle there you are.” I heard Teddy’s voice as I looked up to see him running down the hallway, he was wearing a nice light blue sweatshirt, jeans, and black converse. Teddy’s hair immediately darkened from his natural brown as he saw Professor Charles on the floor next to me, “Professor Charles what are you doing on the floor?”

Professor Charles smirked as he stood up lazily, “well it seems as if Clarissa was in a hurry to get to class as to not miss the field trip and she accidentally bumped into me. Do not worry Mr. Lupin, Clarissa had a soft landing. Well then you two make sure to be in class in the next five minutes, we will be leaving soon.” Professor Charles said as he held Teddy’s glare for only a moment before he started to make his way towards the direction he was coming from. I looked up to see Teddy glaring at Professor Charles’ fleeting figure as I stood up from the cold ground as well.

“What happened?” Teddy asked as he quickly turned around to face me.

“I was running around the corner and I guess I didn’t see Professor Charles so I sort of, er, fell on top of him.” I said as I tried to avoid eye contact with Teddy, who looked like he could murder someone.

“I’ll kill him.” He said venomously as I grabbed his arm to fee a wave of anger hit me full blast. It surprised me somewhat since Teddy is usually never this angry.

“Teddy, don’t. It was an accident on my part… Anyways when our bodies were touching –“

“Please Clary don’t say it like that.” Teddy said as he looked down at me with turquoise eyes.

My face immediately heated up as I knew what he meant, “R-Right… well when… I fell on Professor Charles and his arm brushed against mine, I saw something. It looked like the hooded man from earlier and he was in a dark room in front of what looked like to be shimmering, glowing wall. But the thing is there was a group of students on the other side of the room entirely and there was something moving behind this wall. See he had his wand out and pointed it at the wall, as if he was going to destroy it… But I don’t understand why.” I responded as I looked up at Teddy.

“Bloody hell, why is it that you always see things when you touch Professor Charles?” Teddy asked as I blushed somewhat.

“I don’t know… I’m just as confused as you are.” I responded as Teddy nodded his head.

“Well then, for one day let’s not be confused and go join McKenzie and James in class. You should see what’s McKenzie wearing, she has on this weird hoodie that says pink on it, but it’s black.” Teddy said as he grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the classroom. I felt he heat rush across my cheeks as I looked down at our intertwined hands, why did they have to confess their loves for me now?

We entered the chattering classroom as I looked around to see everyone wearing outside clothes as I looked to see James and McKenzie in the back of the classroom, James was actually leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. He was already falling asleep, whilst McKenzie moved an inch away every so often when James’ head would start to lean towards her shoulder. I watched in amusement as I noticed the plan McKenzie had in her mind, she would move an inch at a time and by the time James thought his head would be on McKenzie’s shoulder, it would actually be so low that it would most likely cause him to lose his balance and fall. “James, Kenzie!” Teddy yelled loudly as McKenzie moved her head over and this startled James somewhat so it caused him to lose his balance anyways and fall over on the ground with a small thus, Kenzie looked down at stifled a laugh.

“James are you alright?” McKenzie asked as she looked down at the boy who was rubbing his bum.

“Yeah… Blimey Teddy! Do you have to be so loud!? I was sleeping.” James complained as Teddy waved it off.

“You’re always sleeping. Nothing new, anyways I found Riddle.” Teddy said as he pulled me along with him. I blushed as I noticed McKenzie and James take notice of our still intertwined hands. McKenzie smiled softly as James just smirked.

“Well good for you Teddy, though as you can tell. I right well don’t care, because either way Professor Charles wasn’t going to leave without her.” James sighed as he leaned against the wall on the ground while the students up front were talking as well.

“Oh right, I wanted to show you Kenzie’s outfit, look!” Teddy yelled as he pulled McKenzie over and showed her to me. I cocked my head to the side as I tried to figure out what was so horribly wrong with her outfit. Only to see that she was wearing a black hoodie, underneath that what looked like to be a stripped red shirt peaking out from the bottom, jeans and a pair of red toms.

“Teddy, I don’t see what’s wrong with it? I think McKenzie looks rather cute.” I said honestly as McKenzie smiled.

“Well right she’s cute for James,” Teddy said as James and McKenzie both blushed.

“Hey!” They shouted as Teddy waved them off again.

“But look, her hoodie says pink, but what I don’t understand is why it is black then?” Teddy asked as he pointed to the “Love Pink” logo on the back of her black hoodie.

“Like I’ve said practically a million times Teddy, it’s a very popular American Muggle shopping franchise. Their logo is Pink, and they put it practically on everything they sell, even if the article of clothing isn’t pink!” McKenzie argued as Teddy just rolled his eyes.

“Americans are weird. I just don’t understand why you would want people to think you’re dumb for not understand what color your clothes are.” Teddy responded as I went over and sat next to James while a small argument broke out between Teddy and McKenzie over British and American clothing culture.

“So, do you by any chance know what Teddy’s plan is for getting Professor Charles’ caught?” I asked looking over at James to see him smile.

“Yeah he told me a few days ago, but I can’t tell you Clary. It’ll ruin the fun.” James said with a grin.

“Awe come on James, I would tell you if McKenzie had anything planned for you two.” I argued as James looked over at me.

“McKenzie has something planned?”

“She may, she may not.” I replied with a smirk as James grinned.

“Sorry Clary, but you can’t get me that way. McKenzie’s too shy to have anything planned like that.” James responded as I sighed, he was right; she was rather awkward and shy when it came to James. Most likely due to the fact that she fancied him.

“Have you realized that you like her?” I asked looking down at James who looked towards the arguing McKenzie with a smile.

“Yeah, I think I have. The problem is getting the courage up to ask her out or something, especially since she’s also always surrounded by a few guys. Especially during Quidditch practice every guy on the team except for Teddy seems to fancy her.” James groaned as I patted James’ shoulder.

“Cheer up Potter; you’re the son of the boy who lived. If you can’t get the girl of your dreams then there must be no hope for humanity itself.” I responded with a grin as James just rolled his eyes at me.

“What about you? Figured out who you going to pick between those two?” James asked as I knew he was referring to Scorpius and Teddy, I sighed.

“No… Honestly… I really don’t want to think about it at this point in time. I really can’t think about it with everything that’s going on.” I replied as James patted my shoulder.

“Cheer up Riddle, my bet is that they’ll probably be okay with you dating both of them. That way you have a guy on both arms.” James said with a smirk as I laughed, imagining the thought of Teddy and Scorpius “sharing” me with one another. Teddy was already selfish with his broom, and Scorpius hated giving anything to Teddy, I doubt they would go along with the idea of sharing someone they fancy.

“How about you passed that message along to them and tell me how it goes?” I asked as James smirked as leaned back against the wall.

“You want to know who I think you should go for.” James asked as I looked over at him.

“Who?” I asked eagerly, if James already decided who he thinks I should be with then there must be a perfectly good reason. James was never the guy for taking sides or really even being rather decisive. He was the guys that always just choose what everyone else chooses.

“I think you should be with –“

“Alright class time to get up! We’re heading off, so everyone come gather around my desk. As you all know we are traveling by way of Portkey!” Professor Charles’ voice interrupted James’ and mine’s conversation as I glared in the direction of Professor Charles. Just when I was about to find out who James Potter thought I should be with.

“Ah well looks like I can’t tell you yet. I mean this must be a sign.” James said with a grin as I frowned.

“Not fair Potter!” I exclaimed as he smirked.

“I believe the term is alls fair in love and war.” James said as he stood up, as I followed him, McKenzie and Teddy. I huffed with slight annoyance; however, I really did not like that saying at this point.

We all gathered around Professor Charles’ desk as he took out what looked like to be a large briefcase. “Now everyone, once I touch this you all will have about ten seconds to lay your hands upon it. If you do not get your hand onto the briefcase before that time limit, then I’m afraid you will not be going on the field trip with the rest of your class. Alright then, this Portkey will transport us to the front entrance of Azkaban, so if you hear water or the sounds of waves. Then you know it is in the correct place. Well then, I believe it is time to take our journey. Make sure your wands are tucked safely.” Professor Charles said as he tucked his wand inside his belt as I noticed a few other students tuck their wands away in their pockets. My wand was safely tucked inside my boot, so I did not need to worry.

Professor Charles grabbed the handle of the Portkey and before I knew it I had placed my hand on it as well as McKenzie, James and Teddy all in a hurry. I looked around to see if everyone was on, but I didn’t get the chance to look for I soon felt the feeling of being pulled up by a hook just behind my naval. I gasp for breathe as I felt myself spinning and then all of sudden I felt the hard surface of wet grass reach my face. “Ow.” I moaned out in pain as I rolled over onto my back to look up at the dark, gloomy sky just above me and heard the crashing of waves hit against a wall.

I moved onto my elbows to see the rest of the students sprawled out somewhere onto the ground as they moaned in pain as well, I looked over to see we were inside a wall with large waves crashing into it. I looked over to my side to see Teddy on my right while James and McKenzie were all on my left. Once I spotted Professor Charles standing in front of the entrance of a large rectangular tower in front of it. It looked as if it was looming over us in such a way, that it sent chills down my spine. “Riddle, are you okay?” I heard Teddy’s voice next to me as I looked over to see his hair had gone white. Bloody hell, even Teddy was sort of frightened by this ominous tower.

I nodded my head rather slowly, “I think so… It’s so big isn’t it? I mean I’ve heard Kingsley explain it and everything, but I never thought it would be this big.” I responded as I looked at the frightening prison.

“Alright class, now if all of you will gather around.” I heard Professor Charles’ voice ring out as I stood up following the rest of the class along with Teddy, James and McKenzie.

“You know this reminds me of the federal prison in San Francisco in America. There’s this federal muggle prison called Alcatraz, its quiet alarming and inescapable.” McKenzie muttered next to us as James looked up at the prison with his hands in his pockets.

“I’m just glad there’s no more dementors roaming around up top. It was a good thing Kingsley decided to get rid of them.” James said as Teddy nodded.

“Yeah, but the bad thing is they’re still in the prison, and we’re going to be visiting them…”

My body shook slightly at that thought, I’ve heard countless stories from Aunt Caitlin to Uncle Harry about the dementors and how cold and dark they are. How they suck away all the happiness you have inside of you and then they’ll give you the dementors’ kiss, something worse than death. “I still can’t believe this was Professor Charles’ idea of a field trip, I have a bad feeling about this.” I murmured as we followed the rest of the class inside. The inside of the prison was not much different from the outside, though it was slightly warmer. It was still rather dark and not many people were on the first floor. Only a couple guards, who were wizards, were standing around a desk area as they looked up, they met our group and instantly straightened up.

“Ah the last Hogwarts group. Welcome to Azkaban.” One of the guards said as he looked over at us.

“Thank you, is Mr. Potter here?” Professor Charles asked as I most likely realized he was probably speaking about James’ dad, Harry.

“Ah yes, I believe him, the other boy and the minister made their way downstairs already. They should be waiting for you guys just outside the locked doors.” The guard said pleasantly, the area around this place did seem a lot different that what it was before I guessed. There wasn’t any cold, depressing things going on. It just looked like a top notch security prison holding dangerous wizards. My mind wandered then, there are probably death eaters locked away in here.

“Other boy?” Teddy questioned next to me as I looked over at him to see his hair was back to its usual color. “I wonder who that could be.”

I shrugged as I noticed our class was being lead down to a flight of stairs, once we reached the stairs my insides started to churn. The stairwell was so dark, the only light coming from the lanterns hanging up against the wall like some old fashioned modern day haunted house. We walked down the eerily quiet stairwell until we came upon the landing with a large, metal bolted door in front of us. There wasn’t even a small window on the door.

“Mr. Potter, Minister, and Mr. Malfoy good to see you three made it.” I heard Professor Charles’ voice say as I looked over to see Uncle Harry, Kingsley and Scorpius all standing by the door, I did a double take when I took notice of Scorpius.

“Scorpius?” I question as Teddy looked over and his mouth fell open.

“Clary, James, McKenzie,” Scorpius said as he walked over to us and then he grinned at Teddy, “And Teddy. Hey guys took you awhile to get here.”

“What the bloody hell are you doing here!!!!!!?” Teddy yelled as he pointed a finger at Scorpius who only grinned.

“I believe you asked me that yesterday too.”

“You already went on your field trip, why are you here!?” Teddy yelled again ignoring Scorpius’ previous statement.

“I asked Headmaster Marlow if I could join the group since there are going to be a few Slytherins in this group and they may need their prefect to settle them down. She agreed with me and I was able to come, a second time.” Scorpius responded as James and I looked over to see Teddy gawking at Scorpius.

“Looks like he got you there Teddy, he’s pretty sly.” James said next to Teddy as he looked at Scorpius, “Scorpius, I believe I have underestimated your tactics. You are a true evil mastermind.”

“Thank you James.” Scorpius said as he looked over at me and smiled, I smiled back. I couldn’t help but think he really wasn’t here to keep watch over the Slytherins in our group.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a familiar voice ask from behind as I looked over to see Uncle Harry standing there with his glasses perched on his nose as his lightning bolt scar could be seen just below his hair.

“Uncle Harry, good to know another Auror is going to be here protecting us.” I replied with a smile as I gave Uncle Harry a hug.

“Yes, well when I heard about this field trip I thought it would give me the chance to come see how James behaves in school related functions. Since I always get a letter saying his sleeps.” Uncle Harry said as he glanced over at his son who just avoided eye contact with his father.

“Ha ha right… well… uh oh dad you haven’t met McKenzie! She’s the new American transfer student I told you about.” James said as he motioned McKenzie over, who just smiled at Harry.

“Hi. You must be Harry Potter, nice to meet you. Erm, thank you for taking care of Voldemort and everything.” McKenzie replied awkwardly as she shook hands with Harry who only smiled.

“Haha thank you for that. Oh I better head over to the front, it seems like Kingsley and I will be the ones talking. Bloody hell, how I hate talking.” Harry said as he looked over at us, “Have a nice time and don’t get into any trouble, your mother won’t be pleased if you gotten into any trouble James while I’m here.”

James just rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah, mums scary I know.”

I watched as Uncle Harry went up to the front with Kingsley and Professor Charles as I looked over to see Teddy still gawking at Scorpius as if he was just a figment of his imagination, for he was poking his cheek every now and again. “You just have to be an illusion or something.”

“I’m not an illusion rainbow boy, now will you quit poking my face?” Scorpius asked slightly irritated as Teddy just glared at him.

“Alright everyone!” Professor Charles yelled over the chattering of the class, “The Minister or Magic and Mr. Potter would like to have a word with you all before we enter the dungeon where they keep the dementors.”

All of us immediately quieted down as we turned and faced Kingsley and Harry, “Thank you Professor… Well as you all may know I’ve gotten rid of the dementors guarding the prisoners of this prison, because it was inhumane. Though we can’t have them lurking around the wizarding world since they still are followers of the Dark Lord, I’m sure they would turn on us. So most of them are held inside here.” Kingsley said as he looked around us with his low voice.

“Can they get out?” A student asked as Kingsley smiled and shook his head.

“Not unless the enchantments would break, but that is highly unlikely. You are safe, believe me. They are held in cells completely enchanted with the Expecto Patronus spell. It keeps them from getting out.” Kingsley replied as a few students murmured, “But I do ask you as to not get too close to the cells, just for precautionary measures.”

“You may also feel a slight chill, that is only because the dementors are still very powerful, but it’s when you can see your breathe you’ll have to worry.” Harry said next to Kingsley as everyone tested to see if they could see their breath now, but they couldn’t. “Please if you see anything that you may find out of the ordinary just comes to one of us, we are trained with these kinds of dealings, and the area behind this door is fairly large and dark so stay close to the group.”

“There are lanterns hanging all around, but we keep it dark since the dementors don’t really need the light.” Kingsley continued.

“And remember classes if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask, that’s why Kingsley and Mr. Potter are here. To educate you all.” Professor Charles said as Harry glanced in his direction suspiciously.

“Yes and we’re also here to protect you, no matter what. And from anything, it doesn’t have to be from just the dementors.” Harry said as he glanced in the direction of Professor Charles, but I seemed to be the only one that caught that.

“Very well, I believe it is time to go in. And the door will be shut, so do not be alarmed if you heard a loud banging sound once everyone is in.” Kingsley said as he pointed his wand towards the large metal door and watched it started to open by itself. Some of the students awed at this little trick and Harry led the way as the rest of the class started to make their way inside the large prison area. Once we were all inside I felt a sudden coldness around me, I couldn’t see my breath, but I could sure feel the sold air.

“Uncle Harry was right; it’s bloody well almost freezing.” Teddy complained as we heard a loud noise behind us, I jumped slightly even though I already knew what it was. “Sheesh Riddle, you’re more jumpy than usual.”

“Well sorry for being a tad bit on edge when we’re inside a vault surrounded by dementors.” I replied sarcastically as Teddy just smirked.

“Don’t worry I’ll protect you.”

“I think I’ll handle that job rainbow boy, you can’t even conjure up a proper spell when fighting, what makes you think you’ll be able to conjure up a Patronus?” Scorpius asked next to us as Teddy just glared in his direction and was about to retort when we heard the adults talking.

“We are starting to enter the area where you’ll be able to see the prison cells the dementors are kept.” Kingsley said as I looked up ahead and my eyes widened. We entered a large room where there were rows and rows of walls of a shimmering, glowing strong lights in forms of walls. I looked around us to see there looked to be thousands of them and not a single window in sight, all there was were walls and wall of those bright wall lights. “As you can see the dementors are just behind all those walls, the walls are conjured up as Patronus’ to keep them inside and weakened.”

“How do you keep the patronus’ up?” I heard Teddy ask next to me as Kingsley smiled.

“Good question,” He said responded, “but see that room up there?” Kingsley asked as he pointed to small room on the second floor. “Well there inside a guard who thinks only of happy thoughts and those thoughts are then conjured up into the spell and are evenly distributed to each cell a Dementor is held in.”

“Blimey, that’s brilliant.” Teddy awed as everyone else looked around amazed at the advancement our world had gone into.

“Yes, well just thank the ones that guard this area. They have to come here everyday with at least one happy thought and they can’t let it go sour.” Kingsley said with a smile as everyone nodded.

“Well then shall we move on and keep looking around then?” Professor Charles asked as I felt I could hear a slight edge to his voice.

“Yes, let’s take a look at the eastern side, just follow me and if any of you have any questions please feel free to ask.” Kingsley said as he started to move the ground down the hallways and around a corner. Our small group was following as well until I looked up into the small room up on the second level, there was a very small window in there with a light on, but when I turned around the light was off.

“That’s strange…” I said as Teddy, Scorpius, McKenzie and James looked over at me.

“What is?” McKenzie asked as the light in the room turned back on again.

“Oh… I just thought that light went off… But I guess I was mistaken.” I said as Teddy smiled.

“Riddle, I think you’re just a wee bit paranoid.” Teddy said as I sighed.

“I probably am, I just don’t like this feeling I have about being here…” I said as Teddy nodded.

“We better catch up with the other group.” Scorpius said next to us as I noticed the rest of our class was farther up. We started to slightly speed walk when I stopped again, for a moment I thought I saw something move from behind the Patronus wall, but how was that even possible when you couldn’t even see anything behind those walls?

“Wait… I just want to see something.” I said quietly as I moved closer to one of the bottom cells, closer to the Patronus wall. For some reason it looked like a duller color.

“Clary, you shouldn’t get too close to that.” McKenzie sounded behind me as I nodded.

“I know… I just thought I saw something move.”

“That’s illogical.” James said with a yawn, “They make those things so you can’t see anything inside.”

“I know… It was just a hunch.” I responded as James sighed, I walked just tad closer in front of the Patronus wall until I felt a shiver run down my spine. I noticed I could slightly make out the object of something ghostly floating around behind the wall.

Then suddenly darkness surrounded me and I heard a high pitched scream, “Did the bloody lights just turn off?!” Teddy asked worriedly behind me, I turned around and I could just make out his face, the only lights coming from the Patronus walls.

“I bet it was some Slytherins trying to play a cruel joke.” McKenzie sounded next to us.

“I don’t know… there were only three Slytherins, not including myself in this class and they don’t look like the bravest bunch.” Scorpius said next to us as James shrugged.

“Whatever, I think we should probably head back over to our class. Dad is probably going frantic on why we, of all people, aren’t with the rest of our class.” James said as he turned around and started to make his way down the dark hallway. I turned around to see the room on the second floor was pitch black just like before.

“Guys I really have a bad feeling about this…” I said quietly as I quickened my pace to near myself with my friends.

“I’m sure it’s nothing Riddle,” Teddy said as he looked down at me and then my eyes widened.

“Teddy… I can see your breath.” I said quietly as I looked to see cold, white air come from my mouth. “I can see my breath.”

Everyone froze on the spot as they took soft breaths, and they, too, noticed the white, cold air leave their mouths. I turned my head to the side where the cells laid and that’s when my eyes couldn’t possibly widen further. A grey, skeleton hand was reaching out of the patronus wall that was fading slowly. “Oh dear Merlin…” I heard James whisper next to me as I could feel everyone’s fear radiating off their body.

Then it happened, the entire patronus wall disappeared completely. Enveloping us in complete darkness as I heard that scream once more before I felt my body go numb with fear.

The Dementors were out and they wanted to play.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well guys! How do you like that?! We starting to get to the creepy and scary stuff! Dementors!!! OH NO! Haha.. So I hope you liked this one, um I'm going to try to register for Pottermore for Day Five... So if anyone knows anything about it like what the times are to register or how? Then please shoot me a message. It would mean a lot to me, haha cause i have no idea what it is. But you guys seem to want to me try it out, so i will! Also make sure to check out the really awkward video I posted on youtube! :)

Clary's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=35015067

McKenzie's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=1697588

Upload: Friday or Saturday

Song of the Day: Wizard Love by Meekakitty featuring heyhihello. (one of you guys actually showed this song to me and I thought it was cute! Thanks!)

Wattpad User: For Better or For Worse by SiriusandRemusLovers (good book, and a different approach with twins!)

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. LIKE. TWEET.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 46 39
Something is wrong with Senicka Scamander...and she has no idea what. For the vast majority of her time at Hogwarts, Senicka has been your standard...
10.8K 70 22
!!THIS BOOK IS SHORT BUT HAS AT LEAST 1000+ WORDS IN EACH CHAPTER!! ~||my dear.. love is a curse that is unable to be broken.||~... ~||riddle me this...
180K 3.5K 64
Scorpius Malfoy had a crush on Rose Weasley since first year. She has always despised him, but the summer between 4rth and 5th year may have her re-t...
400K 9.2K 82
"I love you, Draco" I said once more "I love you" he trailed off "More than you could ever know" ~~ The Willow Family are one of the most famous and...