I'm only Mariana.(TVD-Fanfict...

By BrookeGarton

Yes this is the third book of the 'I'm Mariana Gilbert' TRILOGY!!! Mariana has hit a cement wall. She has gon... More

All Words Following Because
I'd Leave My Home But Not Under Many Circumstances
I'll Stand By You Until The Sun Stops Shining
Day One of Many More
Never Be Alone
Innocent
I Carry You With Me
Living Through You
Out With The Dogs
Mother Dearest
Hold Me or Kill Me
Colder Than Ice
Things We Lost in the Fire
Goodbye Postcards
A Woman's Work
Moonlight Upon Your Lips
For you were my everything
Where do we go?
Into the woods
One way or another
Somebody that I used to Love
Kill 'em all.
For a Dream
Monsters in real life
Hello, Lover
A Different Day, A Different Week.
Worth My Time
Misery Is A Road Less Traveled
Come Home
Demanding times
If Only It Were You
History and Attachments
Near but Far
Here and Now
Yin & Yang
The Inevitable
Caught Up in Your Lies
Keep on Going
Wedding Bells
Forever
And Always . . .

You'll Be In My Thoughts. Always.

2.6K 78 6
By BrookeGarton

YES. I CRIED WRITING THIS.. SO SORRY, GUYS. BUT THIS IS HONESTLY THE MOST POWERFUL CHAPTER I HAVE OR WILL EVER WRITE.
~~~~

Mariana?" Elena asked me as I stood in our old house. "What is this?" She whispered confused and I smiled looking around slowly.

"It's our house." I stated looking at her and she nodded slowly before furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"It's bad, isn't it?" Elena asked eyeing me closely and I shook my head, grabbing her hands and leading her up the steps to the porch.

"I don't think we've seen inside for awhile." I stated ignoring her question and walking towards the door but she sighed, knowing I what I was doing.

"Mari, just tell me.." Elena stated leading off and I almost broke but I didn't.. I had to be strong for her. "How bad is it?" She whispered and I looked at her for a second before shaking my head.

"Come inside with me please, Lena? Pretty please?" I asked in my baby voice and she slowly sighed.
~~

"Elena, Elena!? Come on-hey Elena, wake up!?" I heard a voice say as I started opening my eyes. I slowly stood up carefully not to step on glass around me as I held Freya who was fine as was I. I slowly shook my head at all of the bodies laying on the floor before my eyes fell on Caroline who was kneeling next to a bleeding and unconscious Elena, while she leant over her bleeding from her own head.

"No." I whispered before I vamped towards them. "Caroline, take Freya." I stated emotionless and Care looked up at me before grabbing her and I knelt down next to Elena. "Lena?" I asked moving hair from her face softly. "Elena?" I asked again, more loudly before I bit my wrist and tried putting blood into her mouth. "Come on—just drink, Elena." I whispered holding her in my arms.

"Someone please-help us." Ric cried, holding Joe who was bleeding out of her stomach on the alter. She wasn't breathing or moving. Nothing.

"No." I whispered when Elena didn't open her eyes. "Stefan!?" I said loudly, looking around frantically for him. "Damon!?" I yelled again before I saw both of them stand up from the floor slowly, feet away and shatters of wood and glass fell off of them. "She-she won't wake up. I-I don't understand." I stuttered shaking my head down at my sister.

"Oh, my god.." Caroline whispered frantically from behind me as Freya cried in her arms. "Sh." She reassured in sobs. "Shhh. It's okay." She added shaking her head.

"I'll get her to the hospital." Damon added and picked Elena up quickly and I nodded.

"Here. I'll take Freya." I nodded, grabbing her from Caroline before we both vamped away quickly.
~~~

I rubbed Freya's back as I looked at the doctors examining Elena as my eyes glazed over. I grabbed my phone from my purse before giving Freya to Damon but this time he didn't complain. I sighed as I dialed in a known phone number before they answered. "Mariana." She said confused and I closed my eyes as some relief overcame me.

"Bon, you have no idea how good it is to hear your voice right now." I whispered trying to stay strong.

"Mari. Kai's out." Bonnie stated worriedly and I slowly nodded.

"Yeah. I know. I'm glad you're safe.. I was worried Kai got to you." I replied, wiping my eyes.

"He did.. I don't know how, but I'm alive." Bonnie stated and I slowly nodded. "He drained my blood. That's all." She added and I slowly shook my head.

"T-that's not all. He was at the wedding—Joe's dead. He killed her and the twins.. A-and he knocked down Elena. She's not waking up and the doctors are telling me that there's nothing physically wrong with her." I added shaking my head. "I-I don't know what to do, Bon." I whispered biting my nails.

"Stay there. I'm coming." Bonnie reassured and I slowly nodded hanging up before I got a text from Ric. 'TY WEREWOLF. KAI IS A VAMPIRE.' It stated and I scoffed, shaking my head before someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards them.

"What's happening to me!?" Kai asked loudly, staring angrily down me and I looked at his neck and scoffed.

"Oh, you didn't happen to pet a furry four legged vampire killing machine, did you?" I asked eyeing the vote on his neck with my sympathy.

"How do I fix it?" He groaned and I scoffed before Damon and Freya came and stood beside me.

"Easy. There's a cure in New Orleans." I shrugged at him sarcastically. "Here, I'll get it for you. Just tell me what you did to my sister." I added at him angrily.

"Oh, I can't do that." Kai replied smirking and I slowly nodded walking closer to him warningly.

"One thing that you're not gonna do.. Is mess with me." I warned through gritted teeth. "I am in a very sensitive and angry place right now and I will start beheading people I absolutely do not like, starting with you—if Elena doesn't wake up." I stated walking towards him and he slowly backed up away from me and towards the wall. "So what did you do to my damn sister?" I added angrily as I felt my fists clench.

"It's just not as threatening when I'm seeing like four blurry versions of you." Kai replied laughing before I grabbed him by his collar and held him up to the wall angrily.

"Fix my sister, goddammit!? I know it's a spell." I yelled angrily eyeing him as my eyes glazed over. "She's in perfect health." I said shaking my head in defeat.

"And she'll stay that way until she wakes up." He reassured and I let go of him confused. "Young, beautiful Elena Gilbert. Preserved in this moment indefinitely." Kai said looking at Elena in her bed and I widened my eyes.

"P-Please tell me you didn't." I whispered, shaking my head at him.

"Just think about it—Everyday that you have to wake up knowing that you won't see your sister, is another day you'll have a desire to kill your best friend. Of course, you could just kill her and get it over with now." Kai added in amusement and I clenched my fists tightly as I watched him smirk evilly down at me before he walked away.

"I'm following him." I warned looking back at Damon and Freya. "Just-Stay here.. I love you." I added kissing them both before running after Kai.
~~~

"This is supposed to be the first night of your big life." I said looking at the outside of the house and shaking my head.

"Tell me, Mariana—I-I can see it all over your face. How bad is it?" Elena asked worriedly and I slowly shook my head.. "Please." She whispered and I slowly nodded, sitting on the steps.

"Kai linked you to Bonnie. You won't wake up until she dies." I stated emotionlessly and I saw her stand there frozen. "He won, Elena." I added looking down in defeat.

"What? W-what are you gonna do?" Elena asked slowly sitting next to me and I scoffed not looking at her. "Mariana." She warned but I didn't answer. "Mari-" She started but I ignored her.
~~~

I ran into the ceremony parlor where I saw Kai walk in. I looked around seeing everyone dead with chairs toppled over them or glass piercing their now, pale skin. I heard a groan from beside me and I turned and gasped. "Bonnie? Bonnie, hey." I whispered, rushing towards her and kneeling next to her.

"Mariana." She whispered in relief and I nodded down to her.

"Hey." I smiled, brushing her hair back gently.

"How dumb are you?" Kai asked in annoyance and I turned my head to see him sitting on steps behind me. "I deliver you a dying Bonnie Bennett on a silver platter and, whoosh.. Right over your head." He stated scoffing and I looked back down at Bonnie.

"Mariana.." Bonnie whispered in plead and I slowly nodded.

"Okay." I reassured, looking her over carefully.

"Translation, she's about to croak." Kai added and I narrowed my eyes down at Bonnie who's breath kept catching in her throat.

"Mariana-" Bonnie whispered and I slowly looked back up at Kai, cutting her off.

"You don't have to help her. You could just walk away and Bonnie dies from a collapsed lung." Kai stated shrugging and I clenched my jaw at him. "No blood on your hands and Elena gets to live the long and happy life you gave her." Kai said and I looked back down at Bonnie to see her looking back up at me as a tear fell from her eye. "Either way, you better act fast." He added warningly and I thought about it for a few seconds over in my head.

"I'm so sorry, Bonnie." I whispered, shaking my head before I leant down and kissed her forehead. She slowly shook her head, not saying anything and looking away as I stood up looking at Kai and walking out of the room. I quietly stood beside the wall listening in now on the two.

"That's it? She just left you? The whole point was that this would torture her for awhile." Kai scoffed angrily towards Bonnie and I smirked. "I mean, you at least think she'd flip a coin. Heads she picks you, tails she picks-" he started but I rolled my eyes, vamping around the corner before I sliced my hand through the air and stood behind Kai. I watched his head rip off of his neck and I scoffed, watching his body fall helplessly to the floor in front of me as blood surrounded it.

"Heads it is." I stated emotionlessly before I looked down at my bloody hand. "Ew." I scoffed before wiping it on the dress of a dead Gemini. I vamped over to Bonnie and laughed down at her expression that relief washed over. "You thought I was gonna leave you alone, huh?" I asked shaking my head in disappointment. "No way." I sighed, biting my wrist and she gladly took it. "I'm not done deciding your wedding colors." I added laughing and picking her up. "Let's go home." I reassured, shaking my head and both of us the hell out of there.

-Time Skip-

I looked down at Elena who laid in her coffin, dreaming lightly. I heard the doorbell ring and I turned around to see Damon answer the door before Bonnie and Caroline walked in as the boys sat in the living room. I slowly walked out of the parlor and into the living room before everyone's eyes fell on me. "Okay—Let's do this." I nodded emotionlessly. "You two are first." I stated, looking at Caroline and Bonnie who followed me into the parlor along with everyone else. I leant on the wall and slowly looked down, closing my eyes as I overheard Caroline.

"It's easy, Bonnie. You just take her hand—Close your eyes—And let her into your thoughts." She reassured and I slowly sighed, walking over to them also and taking Elena's hand slowly into mine.
~~~

"Are we seriously having a sleepover?" Bonnie asked laughing in amusement as she walked into Elena's room.

"Come on, hurry up and get in here." Caroline added and we all laughed looking at Elena who sat on her bed. "I'm the one who gets to see her again." Caroline pointed out smiling as she sat on the bed next to us.

"You should get to say goodbye." I added nodding at Bonnie in agreement.

"Oh, Care.." Elena said hugging her tightly. "Take care of everyone while I'm gone." She stated and Caroline nodded slowly as her eyes glazed over.

"I will. I promise." Caroline reassured sniffling as they pulled away and Elena sighed looking at all of us.

"Promise me something. All of you." Elena said before getting her diary that sat on the bedside table beside her. "Write it all down. Everything you accomplish in your lives.." She said looking at Care again. "Every crush when you fall in love. When you start a family, every time you fantasize about killing Damon OR Tyler." She added looking at Bonnie and Caroline before we all laughed. "So that when I wake up, I can read all of these entries and feel like I was there." Elena whispered before we all started crying.

"I'm so sorry.. Elena, I'm really, so sorry." Bonnie whispered, shaking her head and Elena shook hers also.

"This isn't your fault. Hey, we'll both get everything that we want." Elena whispered nodding as she traced her thumb over Bonnie's hand. "We just can't have it at the same time.." She whispered looking at Caroline and I. I slowly nodded looking down as she grabbed Caroline's hand. "You've spent your entire lives sacrificing yourselves for me—It's my turn. I-I just have one more favor to ask." She whispered and we slowly nodded back at her before she pulled out feathers from a pillow case and I smiled a bit. Bonnie and I looked at each other crying and laughing before we held our hands over the feathers and they all slowly began floating around the room. The four of us laughed again, shaking our heads before we put our hands down, crying of happiness and sadness.
~~~

I opened my eyes and saw Bonnie and Caroline open theirs as well before they wiped their eyes and I noticed I wasn't crying. Not even one tear. We stepped back before Matt went forwards and grabbed Elena's hand as well.
After a five minutes Alaric, who went after Matt and Tyler, let go of Elena's hand and slowly turned towards me. "Where's Freya?" He asked quietly and I took a deep breath.

"She's upstairs in Damon's room asleep." I replied emotionless and he nodded, hugging me tightly before Damon came over.

"Are you okay?" Damon asked eyeing me carefully when I went back to the wall I was leaning on earlier and I became silent.

"H-how can I be okay?" I asked him shrugging. "I don't want to lose her just like Stefan didn't want you to be human.. She's the only family I have left right now." I whispered shaking my head in complete defeat before footsteps came down the hall and I looked towards the doorway of the parlor and held my breath.

"Jeremy?" Ric asked looking at him in relief and some confusion as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I tried to get here sooner—I wanted to be at the wedding." Jeremy replied sadly and I sighed in defeat.

"I'm glad you weren't." Ric replied, hugging him tightly and when they pulled away, I stood up straight as Damon moved out of Jeremy's view.

"Mariana.." Jeremy whispered turning towards me and I slowly nodded running towards him and hugging him tightly as we both buried our heads in each other's necks.

"I'm so sorry.." I whispered not wanting to let him go and Jeremy shook his head at me.

"This isn't your fault, Mar." Jeremy countered, pulling me away and eyeing me carefully. "You gave Elena a chance at a human life.. You couldn't have known any of this was going to happen." He added quietly and I slowly nodded, looking away as Jeremy looked over my shoulder. "Should I be dreading it?" Jeremy asked and I took a deep breath and turned towards the coffin he was staring at.

"All I know—is that this-" I started before I cut myself off and looked back at him quietly. "This could be the last time you see her.." I whispered shaking my head and he slowly nodded in agreement before squeezing my hand. I watched as Jeremy let it go and walked towards our sister as I turned away.
~~~

Damon and Stefan slowly put the casket on the table that they set in the Salvatore crypt and I nodded in thanks. "You think she'll be safe here?" Stefan asked me and I slowly folded my arms over my chest.

"If word gets out that she has the cure inside her body—every vampire that's ever wanted to be human will come busting through that door." Damon added warningly and I nodded, not looking at it.

"I'll spell it shut." I stated, staring down at the casket. "We're under strict orders not to open it for anyone." I added eyeing it emotionlessly.

"I guess that means-" They both started and I cleared my throat in agreement.

"It means it's time for me to say goodbye." I whispered quietly and they both nodded, walking past me but Damon squeezed my hand reassuringly. I slowly nodded before he walked out behind Stefan and I slowly closed my eyes, laying a hand on the top of the casket.
~~~

"I knew what I was going to do—And so did you. You didn't have to ask." I stated quietly as I stood up from the steps.

"I knew you were going to save her.. It's in your nature." Elena replied smiling and I looked at her shrugging.

"So? You went through everyone including our brother. What do you have to say to me? Not to kill anyone while you're magically dead?" I asked scoffing in annoyance and she laughed, standing up and walking towards the front door.

"Come on." Elena gestured and I rose my eyebrow before she opened the door and we walked into the house that we both knew so well. "When we were growing up, I let mom and dad believe I was better than you—More special." She said looking at the living room before projecting memories of our parents laughing and playing with her when we were kids, while I sat on the couch with Jeremy who was two or so. "They never listened to you—Believed anything you said." She added, projecting another image of our parents and I fighting about who took money from my mom's purse. "I took it, you know.. I took the money, I bought the booze and then over and over you covered for me." Elena added before the images disappeared and I shrugged, folding my arms over my chest.

"What can I say? I secretly wished I was the one who was a badass back then." I lied smirking and she laughed shaking her head back at me.

"You were the best big sister I could ever ask for." Elena replied and I sighed at her sadly.

"Elena, you're gonna see me again. I'm a vampire." I reassured, shaking my head and she slowly nodded in agreement.

"You're still a vampire because of me.. You gave the cure to me. You sacrificed your happiness for me—And if you didn't, Freya would be dead and you would be the one telling everyone goodbye.. Damon goodbye." Elena stated and I looked away from her. "Maria Rosalyn Pierce—You are the biggest bitch and badass I've ever met.. But you're also the most kind and generous person. I'm so lucky to have you as a sister and don't think for a second that if you try to make this time go by faster, I won't know about it.. Don't starve yourself by desiccating and don't hide away in a coffin for the rest of your life, either. Live it with Damon—take care of Ric and Freya.. But most of all look after you.." Elena said and a tear slipped down my face as I looked at her now. "I love you." She whispered and I slowly nodded in agreement, hugging her tightly and shaking my head.

"I love you too." I whispered closing my eyes as we held each other tightly, Not yet ready to let go.

"Forever and-" Elena started before I opened my eyes and rubbed my thumb over the casket softly.

"Always." I finished before a tear ran down my cheek. "Forever and Always, Elena." I whispered again before I left the crypt, leaving her there. Alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 2.4K 36
In which people from the past get sent into the future to watch movies about a special pair of twins lives.
153K 7.6K 15
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...
290K 17.7K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
128K 6.8K 80
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...