Riptide (A One Direction Fan...

By skeeter1212

All Alice Greene wants is a normal summer before she heads off to college. But when she saves a mysterious bo... More

Riptide (A One Direction Fan Fiction)
Chapter 2: Sunshine and Mystery Boys
Chapter 4: I Have a Date with Harry Styles?
Chapter 5: The Real Date
Chapter 6: Rock Climbing
Chapter 7: Moving on
Chapter 8: Bonding with Kat
Chapter 9: Life Goes in One Direction
Chapter 10: Starting over?
Chapter 11: Does anyone else see him shirtless?
Chapter 12: Are We Getting Back Togethor?

Chapter 3: Hanging out with the Boys

1K 1 3
By skeeter1212

As I begin to wake up I am alarmed to feel fuzz all over my face. To my suprise skeeter is literally sitting on my face, dead asleep. I groan and push him off he just curls back up and falls back asleep on the other side of my bed. Then my door slams open and Luke comes into my room.

"Ever heard of knocking you twat!! I could have been naked!" I yell

"Yeah but you weren't.... Anyways do you want to go surfing with me and Tanner this morning?" He asks

I guess I forgot to mention that I also have loved surfing since i was little, I guess I am just a fish. And I also met Tanner through surfing and from there he introduced me to swim team when we were kids, thats why we are such close friends now and me being friends with him allowed Luke to become close with him and now they are like best friends. Its kinds weird becasue he Is my friend but when Im not hanging out with him he is most likely hanging out with Luke and at my house anyways. I cant help but notice the little things that he does, I mean I have had a crush on him for like four years.. Ughhh life is so frustrating there is no way he likes me back I think he thinks of me as a sister.. Oh well I can always hope right?

I snap out of my day dream and tell Luke that I'll get ready. I put on my favorite bikini and board shorts and run down to the garage to grab all my stuff. Jumping in Lukes car, which is already loaded up with the boards, we race off to Tanners house and head to the beach.

Since it is still pretty early on a Sunday morning there are'nt many tourists out yet and the waves look amazing. Running into the water I begin my morning in the water, I can feel its going to be a good day.

{Harry's POV}

I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am that Alice saved me. She risked her own life to ensure that I would survive. The light shines through my blinds and I roll off my bed with a thud, landing on the ground and groaning to myself. Why did I do that? Urghhh... I get up and put on some sweats and keep no shirt on and walk down stairs into the kitchen to get some breakfast. As I am walking down the stairs I hear Zayn on the phone with someone

"Yeah, I am glad I got to meet you too. We should meet up like all ten of us again this week........ Sounds amazing....... okay Wednesday It is ill see you then....okay bye Jasmine"

I walk away from the door smirking, Zayn met a girl and he likes her and I can't be more happy for him because I think the other eight of us can tell that they like each other. And with this connection I can see Alice again, there is something about her that I love and I cant seem to put my finger on it. Once I am in the kitchen, Zayn sits next to me on a bar stool and makes himself some cereal. He then says

"Hey boys, we are going rock climbing with all the girls on Wednesday"

Everyone looks really happy because I can tell that everyone has bonded with the girls really well. And I am so excited to see Alice...She is so beautiful with her crystal eyes and look wavy hair and eventhough she isnt tan I find her pale skin flawless. Gosh I think I might be falling for her already...Oh no we might have a problem.

{Alice's POV}

After two hours in the surf we decide to head in so that we arent in the water when all the tourists arrive. All the boards get layed on top of Luke's car and we go and get some breakfast at a local coffee shop. I order a large mocha and a Bagel with turkey and devour it because I am so hungry. Tanner sits next to me in the booth and I cant help but to feel the spark when his leg touchs mine. He probably doesnt feel it... Ugh I am so pathetic. Once we had finished our breakfast we headed to the house and Tanner came inside to hang out for a while.

{Tanner's POV}

I Love hanging out with Luke and Alice, mostly becasue Alice is the most beautiful girl I have ever layed eyes on. I mean who wouldnt she is gorgeous. I have had a crush on her for the longest time, like since sixth grade and i need to make a move soon or I am going to loose her to some Washington lumberjack wearing plaid. I decide that ill come into their house after surfing and breakfast just so that I can be with her longer..god I have a problem and I need to figure it out.

{Alice's POV}

Once we made it inside I told the boys that I was going to head into my room and take a shower and then read a book or something. I couldnt help but to notice a look of sadness on Tanner's face when I told him that i wasnt going to hang out with them. Thats weird because I could ahve sworn that he would not have cared in a million years. Oh well im over thinking things.

I walk up my stairs and turn on the shower and strip my wet suit and board shorts off. Once the water is wamed up enough I step in and shampoo and and condition my hair. I also make sure to wash all the sea water off of my body with my citrus scented body wash. I then feel my legs and realize that they are like tarantulas and decide to shave them, it is summer after all, I have to get used to this. After I am all freshen up I walk into my room and recognize the fact that I have all of my clothes in the laundry room....just great. I wrap my towel around my body  as tight as possible and make a run for the laundry room down stairs. I get there and pick up some clothes and begin my journey back to my room hoping no one will see me. I am half way up the stairs when I run smack dab into Tanner who was coming from my brothers room to get food from the kitchen. Flustered and majorly embarrassed we both move in the same way trying to get out of the path of the other about three times, increasing the awkwardness of the situation. By now my face must look like a raspberry and I run up to my room and shut the door. I think to my self "Did Tanner really just see me in my towel?" Ughh I hit my head on my door and go to change into some sweats and a sports bra and a tank top. I plop on my bed and try to forget about the event with Tanner and immerse myself in my book that I am currently reading. I read and read until it is dark out and I realize that I am wasting away my summer and that I need to do something fun. As if one que I recieve a text from Kat

*Hi Lovely the boys invited us to rock climb with them on Wednesday, but in the mean time do you want to go to the fair with me tomorrow? xoxoxo*

I smile at the text and reply telling her i'd love to go to the fair since it only comes around once a year and its one of my favorite things to do in the summer. She then replies telling me that all of the girls are busy except for Grace and that she will pick me up at eleven tomorrow.

I then check my other messages and see I have one from Harry and he had set the contact as Harry my curly Love. I couldnt help but giggle to myself and see what he texted me.

*Hello Alice, I was wondering If  youd like to meet up at the fair tomorrow at the fair and Ill bring Liam and Niall for Grace and Kat so that we can get to know each other better. Does that sound like a plan? I'll see you tomorrow afternoon. Sweat Dreams Beautiful :)

I cant help but to blush at the text. I am happy that I get to go to the fair with Harry and some of the other boys, but is it a date? Because i do not think I am ready for my first date to be with a world famous pop star. I sigh and just go along with the plan.

I run down the stairs and overhear Tanner talking to Luke

"Man, i saw her in just her towel and she was so beautiful. Why cant she just like me back I have liked her for so long" Tanner says

"I dont know man its weird that I'm giving you advice on my sister. You are lucky I have known you my entire life becasue if you were some creep I dont know if id allow her to be with you. But man just do what your heart tells you not your dick, and take her out on a date or something" Luke says

I cant help but run back up to my room and close my dorm and curl up on my bed. I have finally gotten the answer that I have been searching for this entire time. Tanner likes me and I like him. We could be togethor if he would just make a move. All of a sudden I hear a knock on my door and Tanner walks into my room and closes the door. I start to get really nervous and I my heart is beating extremely fast.

"Hey Alice what ya doing"  he says as he sits on the bed. Shifting uncomfortably he ends up next to me and I get up to go and sit in my chair by my desk. He looks like he has been rejected but he stands up and grabs my hands standing me up so that I am looking up at him and he is looking down. It is a strange feeling because we have always been extremely close friends all of our lives and would do crazy things togethor, but now that i know he has feelings for me I cant help but feel the awkwardness between us. He then goes over to my stereo and plugs in his phone and Safe and Sound by Capital Cities begins to play. 

"What's up Tanner? Do you wanna watch a movie with me?" I question him.

"No I want you to teach me how to dance." he says firmly

Shocked because I am a terrible dancer I accept his request and start to dance to the upbeat song. Doing some turns I feel unbearably awkward and stop.

"I can teach you how to slow dance I am actually decent at that" I tell him

I grab hold of the stereo remote and change the song to Stars by Grace Potter (Press Play) and wrap my arms around his neck. He slowly places his hands on my hips and his thumb touches the skin that is exposed between my tank top and the top of my sweats. Suprisingly I dont feel a spark like I usually do with Tanner but brush it off and continue on. We dance through a couple more songs and I teach him some tricks with spins and such until I end up wrapped in his chest.

"Alice" He says quietly

"Yes Tanner" I ask questioningly

"I am sorry if this is awkward but I just wanted to be close to you because I think that you are the most beautiful thing I have ever layed eyes on and I just I dont know...." and he trails off

"Tanner look at me" I say assertively and he looks at me. I take his face in my hands and press my lips to his fast and hard. It takes him less than a second to respond and he kisses me back with passion. I can tell that he is getting into it but, I feel underwhelmed, I mean i am the one who kissed him and I dont even feel a connection. He continues to kiss me and I feel his tongue swipe at my  bottom lip, asking for entrance. At that I break away and look at him in the eyes.

"What did I do? Is something wrong? Am I a bad kisser?" All of these words come tumbling out of his mouth and i just pull back and step away a few steps.

"Tanner was it me or did you ust not feel a spark between us when we kissed?" I ask him.

His face drops automatically and he starts rambling

"No..I.I..I dont know what you mean I have wanted to kiss you for years and now that I have done it I couldnt wish for anything better." He says excitedly

I cringe and back away even further and tell him that I didnt feel an emotion and I need time to think. He looks like he is about to cry and runs out the door. I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands and think to my self "What have I gotten myself  into". Then I realize that the reason that I dridnt feel anything with Tanner was because there is a new man in my life and his name is Harry. Harry Styles.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 479 30
Going on tour with One Direction and your best friends could be loads of fun.... But their could be some drama as well. What will happen if Vic falls...
191K 4.7K 37
Kaylieh just wants to spend another summer with her mom, but she meets up with her old friend, Harry. Her world is turned upside down when they both...
8.3K 247 30
Food fights, and up all nights. Things bursting into flames, and playing board games. Getting attacked by bees, and drinking lots of tea. Making thin...
13K 443 32
❝don't runaway from me, jasmine. you know you want me just as bad as i want you. don't deny it..❞...