Runaway - Ashton Irwin *compl...

By up_brendons_ass

"Don't worry about him," Luke said. "I'm sure you'll never even see him again in your life." *Contains mild v... More

runaway • a.i.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
epilogue

fourteen

194 10 0
By up_brendons_ass

"Good morning Taylor!" Michael smiled at me as I walked into work Friday morning with my coffee in my hand.

"Good morning Michael!" I smiled back just as enthusiastically. "I'm so glad it's Friday."

"Me too," he picked up a donut from the table and grabbed a cup for coffee. "I have a special date planned for Julie tonight, she's going to love it."

"I'm so happy to hear that you guys are doing so great," I said, taking a donut for myself just because it was Friday and I felt like treating myself. "I'll see you around."

"Have a great Friday!" he waved as I walked down the hall to my office.

The day flew by, and before I knew it I was walking home with Luke after Starbucks and getting ready to meet up with Ashton and Calum.

Luke told me that they'd made plans to meet up for dinner before heading to a club downtown so I'd informed Ashton of the news as soon as I could. He was getting a bit more friendly on Thursday at Starbucks, but I was getting more comfortable around him the more time we spent together.

Ashton was sweet, but he was just so hard to read. I couldn't place exactly how I felt about him yet, although I knew my feelings weren't negative. There was really nothing negative about him, he was just a little pushy sometimes was all. And even then, he just wanted to get to know me better. I'm just not the best at opening up, and I certainly didn't want to.

I searched my closet for something to wear, and I decided on a short black fitted dress that had a sheer ring around the waist. I had bought this dress a few weeks before knowing that I'd eventually have an occasion to wear it.

Deciding that wearing tights would take away from the look of the dress, I ran a little water in the bath to quickly shave my legs before getting out. I put lotion on my legs before touching up my curls from the day and adding a little more makeup.

I walked out to see Luke sitting on the couch in the living room tying his shoes. He glanced up at me and then stop tying his shoes to look at me again, this time looking at me up and down.

"Don't be so obvious, Luke," I rolled my eyes.

"Well Ashton is surely going to enjoy the sight," he smirked at me before tying his shoes again.

"Is it too much? Should I go change? I don't wanna give the wrong idea--"

"You look great Taylor," Luke interrupted me. "You're not gonna give anyone the wrong idea, and if anyone tries anything on you I'll make sure they know they're not allowed to do that."

"Okay," I took a deep breath, grabbing my jacket and pulling it on.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Let's go have some fun," he smiled, opening the door and walking with me into the hallway.

-

"Damn Taylor, you look stunning," Calum complimented me as we walked into Applebee's and met him in the waiting area.

"Thank you," I felt my cheeks heat as I sat down and Luke smiled a hello to Calum as well.

"Is Ashton not here yet?" Calum asked.

"I guess not, he didn't come with us," I said.

Just as I said it, my phone made a ding noise and I checked it to see a text. *Be there soon, traffic is slow.*

"He's on his way, he's stuck in traffic," I explained, locking my phone and slipping it back into my purse.

"Table for 4 please," Luke said to the hostess. "One more is on his way."

"Right this way," she smiled, grabbing 4 menus and walking us to a booth nearby.

"Can I get drinks started for you?" she pulled out a notepad as we got settled, Luke and Calum sitting together across from me.

"I'll have an iced tea, and my friend will be here soon, he usually has the same," I said, remembering that Ashton said he usually orders iced tea at restaurants.

After receiving the orders from Luke and Calum, she hurried off to another booth and I took my jacket off, getting more comfortable in my seat.

"Sorry I'm late," Ashton slid into the seat next to me just then, pulling his own jacket off. I feel the coolness from being outside fan towards me, making me shiver slightly.

"You're all good," Calum said, glancing up from his menu to give a friendly hello to Ashton. "I'm Calum, Luke's friend."

"I'm Ashton, Taylor's date," he smiled, reaching across the table to shake his hand. My cheeks flushed when he said "date."

"I ordered some iced tea for you," I said as I opened my menu, looking over at Ashton as he leaned in a little to wrap his arm around me in a friendly side hug.

"You remembered," he smiled.

"Yes I did," I smiled back.

"What do you guys usually get here?" Luke asked, interrupting our short lived moment. "Taylor and I never come to Applebee's."

"Well the ribs aren't bad," Calum said, leaning over to Luke and pointing on his menu.

"$21?! Yikes," Luke cringed. "I'm a college student, I'd prefer something a little less pricey."

"Well the burgers are certainly pretty good," Calum laughed, leaning over a little more into Luke and pointing out a couple more things on the menu.

Before long we'd eaten and were walking out to Ashton's truck to head to the club. In the parking lot, Calum and Luke walked ahead of Ashton and I, laughing about something stupid that I'd never understand.

"You look amazing as always Taylor Parks," Ashton said to me as we walked to his truck.

"Thank you," I smiled up at him, shivering a little from the cold. He looked so good in that black leather jacket, shit.

"Shotgun!" Luke yelled as he ran to the passenger side door of Ashton's truck.

Ashton chuckled. "Not happening. That seat is already reserved for a beautiful lady."

"Which is me, of course," Luke said. He was already silly and he hadn't even had any alcohol yet. Oh boy.

"I'll fight you for that seat," I said, approaching him and he playfully moved his fist towards my arm in a light shove.

"Really though, I'd much rather sit with Calum anyways," Luke rolled his eyes, moving to the backseat.

"I know," I winked, smirking at him as his cheeks turned pink and I stepped into the front seat.

"Don't even start," he groaned, climbing into the back where Calum was getting in on the other side.

The drive to the club was short, and Ashton led the way inside. I sat at a table right away, Ashton scooting in next to me and ordering a couple drinks for the four of us.

The music was pounding around us and I could see girls wearing minimal clothing moving with other people around in the dim lights. Black lights made the white laces on Ashton's converse glow despite the thin layer of dirt settled on them from frequent wear.

"What did you order?" I asked, leaning in closer to Ashton so he could hear me.

"Sex on the Beach," he replied. "Luke told me those are your favorite."

"Doing our research are we?" I smirked, though I was appreciative that he didn't order something disgusting like whiskey.

"Maybe," he smirked back, just as our drinks arrived in front of us. I gratefully reached for a drink and took a sip.

Before long, my drink was gone and I was already feeling the alcohol starting to take its effect. I started getting silly, making comments to Ashton about the girls who seemed to be drooling over him nearby and giggling when he replied telling me "he didn't notice because he was too busy admiring me."

"I want to dance," I said, standing and grabbing Ashton's hand. "I feel like getting my wiggle on."

"Getting your wiggle on?" Ashton laughed, standing to his feet with me and following me drag him into the group of people.

The music was nothing I normally listened to, but was danceable. I was never one for dancing, so I instead entertained Ashton by pulling out my signature moves, like the sprinkler and trying to whip, which was hard in heels.

Ashton threw his head back laughing at me, and even joined in on my goofy shenanigans. Before long we were both laughing hysterically.

"I am exhausted," I announced, walking back to join Luke and Calum at our table, who were taking selfies and making goofy faces. It didn't take me long to realize they were on Snapchat using the update to put new filters over their faces and laughing hysterically about what it did to their faces.

"I haven't had this much fun in a while," Ashton said after ordering us some more drinks.

"Me neither," I giggled. Why did I keep giggling? I must have been more drunk than I thought. I am pretty lightweight, it wouldn't take much to get hammered.

"I remember one time in college, I snuck into a club with one of my girlfriends and got so drunk I peed myself laughing," I giggled while telling Ashton the story, and he laughed at me too.

"In college? You must have had a pretty wild college life," he said, not seeming to be drunk at all.

"Yes I did," I said, taking a sip of the drink that had been just placed in front of me. "But I got my shit together when I got an internship at a publishing agency."

"A publishing agency? Is that where you work now?" he asked.

I nodded. "I read through and edit stories sent in. I revise conventional errors and stuff. Switch around the sentences."

"I've always hated English," he laughed. "I never wanted to do anything that had to do with English."

"What do you do now?" I asked.

"I've always loved animals growing up," he said. "I spent all my time volunteering at animal shelters and I was always going out rescuing injured animals and bringing them to wildlife rescue, so in college I decided to become a vet."

"Really?" I asked. "That's so awesome! I love animals!"

"You'll have to come visit me at work sometime," he said.

"I want a cat," I said. "I love cats so much. Orange tabbies are so adorable. I want to have like 20 cuddle me at night."

Ashton laughed, probably at my drunken state and I laughed along with him, finishing off the last of my drink.

Ashton ordered me another drink and I told myself that this was my last one; if I had anymore I would be unable to see straight.

"Hey, do you know where Luke and Calum went?" Ashton asked me.

"Probably to make out in the bathroom," I giggled.

Ashton looked at me for a moment before bursting out into laughter.

"Well I'm going to go check in the bathroom to find out where they went. Are you going to be okay here on your own for a couple minutes?" he looked at me amused.

"Yeah I'll be fine," I smiled reassuringly, leaning into the table and he got up and went to the bathroom quickly.

I checked my phone to make sure I didn't have any missed calls or messages, and of course I didn't. No one talks to me because I have no friends. The thought made me laugh out loud.

My drink was placed in front of me and Ashton came back to sit next to me within a couple minutes.

"This is going to be my last drink," I informed him. "I cannot have anymore or I will be stumbling and puking everywhere."

"Yes, I agree that you shouldn't have any more," he laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "In fact, Luke said he wants to leave so we're going to head out once you finish that."

"Well it'll be gone in a couple minutes with no problem," I took another sip of my drink, which was almost gone anyways.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, he's just in the bathroom, some girl puked on him and he's in a bit of a sour mood. Calum is trying to help clean up," he said.

"Aw, that's cute. They should get married," I said. I really have no filter when I'm drunk, wow.

"I think it's time to get you home," Ashton hadn't stopped laughing at me since I had my first drink.

"I agree. I am so drunk," I laughed, setting my cup down and not bothering to finish the last couple sips. I'd had enough for one night.

"I'll text Luke and Calum to let them know we're leaving," I said, pulling out my phone and sending a text message to Luke with a couple typos that I was too drunk to fix.

I stood from the table, and I pulled out some money to pay for our drinks. For once Ashton didn't argue and we paid for the drinks together before I pulled my coat on and stumbled a little before managing to walk out to the parking lot.

"Are you sure you can drive?" I asked Ashton as he pulled out his keys. I saw Luke and Calum walking out from the corner of my eye.

"Yes, I'm fine," he said, walking me to the passenger side door. "I only had a couple drinks, I am way below the legal limit."

"Okay," I said as he helped me into my seat. I'm going to crash so hard when I get home, I thought.

"Stupid girls these days," Luke muttered as he climbed into the backseat. "She looked like she couldn't be any older than 18, that is so ridiculous."

Me in college, I thought to myself. I laughed out loud at the thought of an 18 year old me puking on random people in clubs.

"Why are you laughing?" Luke grumbled as I pulled my seatbelt on, missing the buckle a few times before Ashton reached over to help me.

"No reason," I giggled. God I am so drunk.

"Let's just get everyone home," Ashton said, pulling out of the parking lot. He dropped off Calum first, who wasn't really that drunk, and then drove to my shared apartment with Luke.

"I'm gonna walk you guys up," Ashton said as he turned off the engine and pulled his eyes out of the ignition.

It didn't take much to get us up, Luke had sobered up a little and I could still mostly walk. Ashton was hardly even buzzed, and I had to hold onto his arm for support as we went up the elevator. I was giggling the entire time.

When we got to our apartment, Luke stalked off into his room to change into different clothes and I sat on the couch. Ashton went into the kitchen and I called for him to come back.

"I was just getting you water," he said in a hushed tone when he entered the living room again, sitting next to me on the couch and handing me the glass.

"Oh, thank you," I said, taking the water and sipping at it. I was going to be so hungover in the morning.

"I should get going soon," Ashton said, pulling out his phone and checking the time. It was only 11:30.

"No, stay," I put my hand on his arm and pulled him closer to me on the couch. "I want to talk to you for a while."

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked me gently, scooting a little closer to me and I laid my head on his forearm.

"Um... I want to know what you did when you were a kid," I said, playing with his fingers resting on his thigh.

"What I did when I was a kid?" he chuckled at me, letting me play with his hands. His fingers were so long, jeez.

"Yeah, like what are your favorite childhood memories?" I asked, turning to look at him.

"Well, I used to climb trees a lot when I was little. And my dad built me this treehouse and I would go up and read books all the time. I was such a nerd," he laughed.

His laughter was contagious. "Was he nice?"

"My dad?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah, he was nice. I still talk to him occasionally, although I'm a lot closer with my mom. They got divorced when I was 8."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. "My dad was an asshole."

"How so?" he asked.

"Well I mean, I don't even remember him hardly. He left me and my family when I was 6," I said, shrugging.

"Well he certainly seems like an asshole," he said.

"I have this one memory of him in my kitchen cooking and singing and he would pick me up and dance with me when we were making breakfast," I said. "And my brother would come in and join us and play air guitar and my mom would come in and laugh at us. We used to be a happy family." I stopped and stared at the coffee table in front of me, the few memories I had of my father flooding my mind.

Before I knew it, I was laying on the opposite side of the couch and warm tears were pouring out of my eyes and down my cheeks that were still cold from being outside.

"Taylor?" Ashton saying just my first name sounded so odd as he leaned over and looked at me laying on the couch.

"Are you crying?" he asked quietly.

"No, I just have a little alcohol in my eyes," I lied. I am a terrible liar when I'm drunk.

Ashton's arms lifted me from laying on the couch and pulled me against him, letting me sob quietly against his chest.

"I don't know why I'm crying, I never cry over my childhood, this is so stupid," I said, shaking while he held me.

"Don't worry about it, it's okay," he said in my ear and held me tight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 945 71
Just 5SOS Preferences NOT OWNED BY ME ALL FROM TUMBLR ALL RIGHTS TO THEM! But they are awesome!!! Read
209 12 12
"You're 16 and still haven't done anything adventurous! Get a life! Fuck a girl! Sneak out! Do something" » » » » » "I'm not trying to change you , I...
89.9K 1.4K 27
"No one can know, especially not Ashton." "Fine, but you can't tell me that you didn't like it. I know you did." "It doesn't matter what I liked. I'm...
18.7K 520 14
maybe things will work out this time, maybe not. now that you're not off limits anymore, things change.