Worry About Me Later •Niam

By niamlovechildren

Niall had his own problems while Liam did too.But one of the main ones is the small crush one had for the oth... More

Prolugue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thriteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Author's note
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thrity-three
Thirty-four
Epilogue

Eighteen

1.4K 61 5
By niamlovechildren

(Not edited)
"You what?"Niall asked, feeling his face heat up as Liam licked his lips as he stared into Niall's eyes.

"I love you, Niall."

"I-"Niall was interrupted by his phone ringing in his pocket.He looked down at the screen to see Greg was calling.Niall looked up at him apologetically before answering."I'm at school"Niall whispered ,lying obviously.

"No you're not, where are you?I just passed by your school and they told me you weren't there"Greg seethed.

Niall panicked"I'm at mom's house -"

"What are you doing there?"Greg screamed through the phone.

"My stomach was hurting during first period so I walked out."

"Really? Because they told me you didn't come at all."

"I ditched, alright."

"I'll be there in five minutes.Be ready, we're going to the hospital."
End of call
"Everything alright?"Liam asked after Niall placed his phone down.

"You need to leave, Greg is coming."

"Oh shit,"Liam pulled on his shoes as Niall rushed him to the door.Pulling back the curtains, Greg was already parked in the driveway.

"Hide and after we leave, go"Niall let go of Liam's hand as he rushed out the door.

Liam didn't know what to do, where to hide.This was the first time being in this house so after hearing the car pull out.Liam waited a minute or two and walked out.It was only twelve thirty, he didn't want to go to school.So instead he headed to an old friend's house.
--
"I'm really disappointed in you but we have bigger problems.Mom been coughing up blood for almost half an hour"

"What why?"Niall's heart began to accelerate as he grew panicked.

"We don't know, I left her with the doctor and Denise.She told me to bring you over."

The rest of the ride was left in silence, Niall's heart still beating fast as the condition of his mother was unknown.And Greg just wanted to get to the hospital as fast as he could without jackasses swerving into his lane.

After a couple minutes, they were already inside.Their mother seem to have fell asleep, her chest rose quickly and every breath she took was heard throughout the room.

"How is she?"Greg asked Denise.

"The doctors said they'll come to talk to her later.She's not doing good,babe."Denise stood up and kissed Greg's cheek , giving Niall a small hug before going to pick up Theo from daycare.

"Sit"Greg said sternly to Niall.

Niall nodded before following Greg's orders and looking up at his older brother.

"We're you alone?"Greg asked .

"Yeah I was"Niall lied"I didn't feel like going to school."

Greg sighed,"alright, don't do it again."Niall nodded before they fell silent.

After a couple hours, Maura woke up to the sound of the door opening.She couldn't really focus on the figure until she heard the voice she longed for so much.

"Maura"The man sat on her bed, her eyes focus on his face to reveal it was her deceased husband.

"Bobby."She whispered, pulling off her blanket as she looked around to see she was in a dark void, the only thing that was illuminated was the face of her longed for husband.

"Maura, you don't have much time."He said, lovingly caressing her face with his hand as she leaned into his touch."Spend the last days with your kids, tell them you love them."

"How are you here?"She asked.

"I could only visit you once in your lifetime and I choose to do it now.I'll see you later, honey"Bobby smiled, leaning down to press a small kids on her forehead before he disappeared and Maura woke up again.

She looked around to see her sons looking at her in confusion."You okay, momma?"Niall spoke softly.Both saw her talking to her sleep, whispering their father's name.

"Yeah,"She paused to give a weak smile"I'm fine."Maura slapped the bed as her eyes began to pool with tears"I'm fine"She cried.

Niall and Greg rushed to her side, feeling confused and pitiful.Consoling her as she leaned over to cry some more.

"Dad came."She whispered after moments of her shedding the last of her tears.

"What?"Greg croaked, Niall didn't have as strong of a connection to their father as his older brother did because he was so young when he passed away.

"He told me I only have a few days, to spend them with you guys."She caressed both of her kid's arm sadly.
---

Liam laid on his bed as Zayn sat on his bean bag."I told Niall I loved him."

"What he say?"Zayn stopped slouching as he gave his best friend his full attention.

"He looked shocked and like I think he was gonna say something but his brother called him and I had to leave because he busted us for ditching."Liam sighed"I think I said it too soon."

"No, no.You guys are both totally whipped."Zayn confirmed, going over to Liam and patted his shoulder as he sat besides him.

"Thanks man, he's been having lots of problems with his mom.I don't know a lot but she isn't medically healthy anymore."

"Maybe he's stressed, finales are coming and with his mom in the hospital.I don't think he has time to think so much about his feelings towards you."Zayn said honestly.

And he was right.

Niall's mind has been filled with the stress of the sickness of his mother and the thought of having to succeed academically to make his mother happy , that he didn't have time to think about Liam at times.Niall, of course, felt bad about it but he couldn't juggle three things without becoming mentally exhausted.

Liam nodded at Zayn, sighing."You didn't need to say all that, you made me feel bad enough."He laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood.

"Sorry man"Zayn patted his best friend's back lightly.

---
"Sorry Ms. Horan, it seems to be that your heartbeat is decreasing faster than we thought."The doctor said sorrowfully."There's no medical way to fix this, we can't do much to help you.You'll be discharged tonight."

Maura sighed "Well I guess I'm heading home."She stood up with the help of Niall, as she went to the bathroom to change out of her hospital scrubs into a pair of jeans and a large black and white striped sweaters.

Niall stood back, processing what the doctor had said.He was losing his mother. The news finally sank in, of course he knew he was going to lose his mother but to know a time frame was absolutely scary.

A year from now, it sounded so far away now Niall grew scared than in the next week he could be an orphan.

"Don't worry, bud.Im here"Greg spoke those words the day his mother was diagnosed with cancer.

Maura walked in to her house, her hand clutching the piece of paper that held her future.She had cancer, Maura was already dealing with the lost of her husband, still grieving over his death.But now, it seemed like her life couldn't get worse.She had two kids, both not nearly close enough to be losing their mother.

Greg instantly noticed the change in his mother's face, before leaving the house she seemed worried yet happy and now she looked teary eyed and sad.

"Mommy"He stood up from his car toys and walked over to his mom."You okay?"

"I'm fine, honey."She smiled weakly."I'm going to take a small nap, wake me up if you or Niall need anything."She leaned down to kiss Greg on the forehead before ruffling his hair and placing the mail along with the news on the counter.

Greg stood on the tips of his toes as he finally got the letter.Reading over it carefully, he knew what it meant.Greg fell to the floor beginning to cry.Thinking about a movie he currently watch about an older women getting cancer and then dying.And he didn't want to his momma to die.

The older sibling crawled over to Niall who was laying on the ground taking a small nap , he could hear what was going on but the exhaustion of playing around all day overcame him.

"Don't worry, bud."Greg said protectively as he laid besides his younger brother, bringing him close."I'm here."

As the family waited on the chairs by the window for the final papers and the nurse to come with a wheel chair.Their eyes over looked the town, knowing sooner or later their lives would change.

---
1504 words
Sorry it's not quite long, I'm really tired and felt like ending this chapter here lol.

Well I'm going back to school on Monday and I want to cry :( i lowkey forgot what school was like tbh and it's only been a week smh smh

Anyways, please comment and vote for this chapter.It really helps with feedback of others so I know If this book is actually good.

I'll see you next update!
•J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 2.7K 13
Calum is sad and mermaid!Luke finds him. Cover changed. Completed 2016
333K 19.3K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
263K 40K 102
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
184K 6.8K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"