Hunger

By MissMortality55

"Aw, are you scared, petalo?" He said, walking towards me menacingly. I glared at him, positioned in a protec... More

Trailer
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 1

99K 2.1K 427
By MissMortality55

"Please", Olivia whined as she tugged at the duvet that I was clutching over my head.

"No. Another night!", I answered groggily, my denial softy muffled by the pillow I buried my head in.

"But it's my birthday tomorrow, Rose" She threw her head back and howled at the ceiling, releasing my covers.

"Yes, key word there, tomorrow" I glared at her with one eye, still half asleep.

"But this could be an early present! Because you love me! Or I at least thought you did," She stuck out her bottom lip and hunched on top of my bed.

I groaned. "Let me get this straight, you want me to go out with you to a night club, on a Saturday night?" I huffed at her.

"See! You already know the drill! Now, lets put it into practice!" She threw her hands in the air excitedly.

"Fine!" I answered rolling out of bed.

"Oh my gosh! Really? oh I love you, I love you, I love you!" She shrieked, pouncing at me and hugging me around my waist.

I tried to grimace at her but I couldn't stop the playful smile creep up my face. Laughing, I peeled her off me and went to get dressed, this was going to be a long night.

Entering the bathroom, I growled at my reflection. Mascara had somehow travelled to my forehead, my hair resembled a blonde rats nest and my whole demeanour screamed 'messy'.

Sighing, I noticed my silver, flowery frame on the counter. Smiling, I lifted the heavy keepsake and studied the photograph inside. I missed my parents, the photo in the frame was three days before they went missing and five days before they were found in their car. In their car, in a ditch. Dead.

My eyes stung as I turned and placed the photo down. Absentmindedly wiping dust off it, I glanced at my younger self, my past self. This photo was taken about a year ago, yet, that person sitting, smiling, with her parents was not me. No, that me died when they did.

*********************************

An hour later, I emerged from the bedroom in a black knee length dress, super uncomfortable heels and simple makeup. Olivia clasped her hands together dramatically, smiling from ear to ear. She was wearing a short red dress and heels that made her tower my 5"2 height. She was absolutely gorgeous, every girl wanted to be her and every guy wants to have her.

Without a word, she pushed my purse into my arms, grabbed my hand and dragged me from our apartment into the elevator. 

I leaned against the elevator wall as she practically vibrated next to me. Her auburn hair swayed from side to side as she strolled gracefully out of the elevator and into the street with me stumping along behind her.

The hairs on my body rose as we arrived at the club, it was freezing. How did Olivia even know this place? I pondered as she strolled up to a broad shouldered, stern faced bouncer. We both revealed our ID's and he let us in with a nod, winking at Olivia. 

Strobe lights danced and bounced against the walls and the various amount of bodies that were writhing and dancing on the dance floor. I don't suit situations like this. Immediately, Olivia headed for the dance floor and was seductively moving her body next to a rather attractive man and to the beat blasting through the speakers.

I decided on grabbing us drinks, god knows I need one. Keeping my head low, I manoeuvred my way through the dancers toward the bar. The bar was plastered with a wall of very tall bodies, there was no way I was going to get served. It seemed like the DJ heard my silent plea as the music changed and everyone at the bar dispersed toward the dance floor. Yes!

I waved at the bar man who had just set down a shot of some alcohol for a couple making out a couple seats down from me, though they didn't look like they needed any more.

As soon as he saw me, he threw a tea towel over his shoulder and strolled over. Smiling politely, he leaned forward so I could hear him over the pounding of the music behind me.

"What can I get for you, darling?" he asked in a gruff voice, trailing his fingers up my arm which rested on the counter.

"Urmm, two shots of tequila" I blushed, removing my arm and placing it down by my waist. 

He smirked. "Coming right up, baby face." 

I scowled at his back and yanked the stool next to me back. It hit something and I heard a low grunting noise behind me. 

Turning I put my hands up apologetically, "I am so, so sorry! I didn't mean to-".

The face that looked down on me looked sculpted. Messy blonde and brown hair fell over green eyes. His jaw line had a thin layer of scruff over it and it suited him perfectly. He wore a tuxedo and as my eyes raked his body I noticed something leather sticking to his hips. Gulping, I realised it was a gun holster. My eyes flitted back to his and he was watching me in an amused way.

"It's quite alright" He said, his voice was low and hinted at an accent that he covered well.

We stared at each other momentarily before my shots arrived. I glanced back, before picking them up quickly and turning in his direction. He was gone.

I gulped both shots with shaky hands and made my way through the dance floor. He filled my mind. He was like a statue, a statue of an angel. I pushed the thought away and raked the room with my eyes, searching for Olivia.

I couldn't see her anywhere. Somebody with a huge frame stood directly in front of me, I tried to look around this imposter, annoyed. 

"You looking for me, sexy?" The man in my way said, he was so close his alcohol fumed breath blew in my face. 

"Uhh, no" I grimaced, looking at him. I couldn't see his features properly in the dim light. His arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Oh-" I tired to pull back, alarmed. He started slopingly kissing up my neck. "Stop it!" I said, trying to shove him off.

"Don't you want this, baby?" He grinned, carrying on. It obviously didn't matter what my response would be to him. Lifting my leg, my knee collided with his crotch. He let out a wheeze, cursing at me in another language. I turned and slipped past some oblivious bouncers, in the direction of, what I thought, was the exit. 

Smoothing down my dress, I entered a back room. It was bathed in blue, artificial light. It looked like the room I had just exited except it was empty. Sliding along the back onto one of the booths, I took my phone out and started to dial Olivia's number when I heard voices entering. I tried to slip back into the shadows as much as possible thinking that I was busted by the bouncers.

Instead, it was two men in tuxedos. The first one was being pushed and he fell over on to the floor. On his knees, he gawked up at the other with his hands up pleadingly. "Per favore, per favore, non accadrà di nuovo!" He squealed at the one standing. The second one glowered down at him in disgust. 

(Please, please, it won't happen again)

The second man had black hair, it was short and streaked back. His hand reached under his suit before sliding something out and staring at it menacingly. "Questo è il fottuto mafioso ! Verme ! Naturalmente non succederà più." He said calmly, before there was a flash of light and the other man fell to the floor with a sickening thud. He had been shot. He was dead.

(This is the fucking mafia! Worm! Of course it won't happen again!)

I covered my  mouth with my hands to keep from screaming. The man then put his gun back under his suit and lifted his phone to his ear before muttering a single word in the same foreign tongue. "Fatto".

(Done)

Hanging up, he returned his phone to his pocket and grabbed the arms of the body, dragging him out of sight. He had gone opposite to the entrance to this lonely room and I slid out of the booth. Trying not to let the terrified tears fall I tip-toed quickly towards the door. I turned around to check the other murderer hadn't seen me before pressing my back against the exit. Except, it wasn't a door, but a person. I felt breath by my ear as a strong arm slid around my waist, lifting me up against him. Glancing up, I recognised the man with the green eyes smirking down at me. 

"We meet again, Petalo."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:  Hey guys, I hope you liked my first chapter, I'd love if you commented, liked etc!

I am thinking of making a trailer if this gets reads :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.9K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
108K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
428K 6.9K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
104K 1.2K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...