A Kiss on the Cheek (akotw tr...

By mandyxtine

||book 2 of the akotw trilogy|| For now, things are going perfect for Channing and Niall... but things never... More

||prologue||
You're My Bad Habit |1+|
Chialler Video Diary #1 |2|
Nilla Wafers |3|
wmy... ratchet |Ch 4|
There's No 'I' in Threesome |5+|
The Crooked Cop and The Man with No Soul |6|
This is No Time For Nouis Feels |7+|
Slit Wrists and Battered Hearts |8+|
Jetta Chasing For Dummies |9|
Bruised All Along Her Thighs |10|
It Is What It Is |11+|
This Means War |12|
You're Gonna Miss Me By My Taco |14|
You Can Take the Blade Away from the Girl |15+|
Dear Olive |16|
Damsel in Distress |17|
Trapped in the Closet |18|
Love Over Lust |19|
I Kissed A Boy & I Liked It |20+|
Bottoms Stick Together |21+|
How To Shave Your Tarantula |22|
Too Ready and Too Willing |23+|
Masochistic Assholes Like Edward Cullen |24+|
The Shit Hits the Fan |25+|
new username & i'm sorry

Gravity |13+|

52.6K 1K 314
By mandyxtine

Author's Note einundachtzig:

Still no Niall follow :( my tears are falling down like the showers that are British... 

In akotc news... I'm sorry this has seriously taken like a month to upload... omg I'm such a dick! tbh... I rewrote it many times because I just kept getting stuck and my creativity gland dried up! I hope you'll bear with me... thank you to those of you who have been lil understanding angels :')
lol P.S... WWA TOUR OHMYGOD... by next summer I will be 24 :'( so sad... I love how everyone's always upset that this is the last year for liam, niall, and harry as teenagers... but here I am doing a fist pump into the air since i'm older and I want them to be older bc u know #pedofeels <3

[Oh... and...  i'm sorry but there is smut ^.^ I can't help it... when I get writers block writing about coitus seriously helps... this can't be normal guys *holds head in shame* I'll warn you if you want to skip it...  (but don't though because *cough cough*... that's lamE!)]

Song of the Chapter: Right Where You Want Me by Jesse McCartney
(aka my first celebrity crush I love the shit out of him omfg shh don't tell Niall)
+watch the song in the media section i'm serious he's a beautiful angel, besides, this song is So LOUUUUETTA ugh

Dedicated to @Irish_girl_x bc she's Irish and when she messages me I always have to tell her to explain her irishy slang words and it's just really funny. I love Irish people! (duh!) Plus she was actually teaching me the Irish language and that shit is just crazy! Am I the only freaking person in the world who was unaware that it WAS an actual language? hahaha *covers face* idk why but I seriously had like no idea until recently... here it comes u beautiful bumblebees...
____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13: Gravity

|| l o u i s ||

Jetta, the rest of the lads and I were headed back to Los Angeles so that we could finish the final four shows before the North American tour would be officially over. Then we'd have a few months off until we'd tour in Australia; Niall and Channing decided to leave the next morning because the doctor wanted to watch over her one more night before releasing her.

Zayn and Paul were sitting in front of me and Liam while Harry sat in the next row over across from me. Where's Jetta you ask? Well, you see, she was supposed to be sitting by me, however, Princess Kitty Paws bumped into me as we boarded the plane, causing me to drop my phone. Of course the cover popped off as it hit the floor so I had to spend a few seconds snapping it back on before looking up to realize that Harry was ushering Jet onto the plane. By then it was too late... he'd already gotten his greedy little arse into my seat. So I got stuck with Liam, while Harry flirts his arse off right in front of me. Lovely.

Over the last few days, we'd been going at it like this... purposely inconveniencing one another and getting in the way; I'll admit it was fun, but at the end of the day I just wanted him to get over Jet and move on.

Let's not even discuss the fact that Jet had gone back to "sleeping with Harry" because he "helped her sleep". Luckily, I knew for a fact they hadn't been shagging because we were all camped out in the same hotel room for four days, and I rarely let the two of them out of my sight... and unfortunately, he was just as persistent... so I'd barely spent two minutes alone with Jet.

I was currently glaring at the side of his annoyingly curly head, trying with all of my might to actually burn a hole through the useless lump that was seated between his shoulders. As he hunched over to laugh at something Jetta said, I could feel the scowl on my face growing deeper and my temper rising.

I jumped as a firm hand was placed on my shoulder, rolling my eyes as Liam whispered for me to 'cool it' once again. Cool it... yeah. Sure. I'll cool it. Just wait Liam, when we get to LA I'll make you cool it by shoving your head in a freezer. My bitter thoughts were interrupted as the flight attendant came over the intercom, informing us we were about prepare for take-off.

I was in no mood to be given instructions on how to buckle a damn lap belt, so I ignored her booming voice and instead decided to stare once again at the curly haired twat who had stolen my seat. Yes, maybe I was overreacting, but at the moment, I didn't really care. I couldn't afford for him to worm his way into Jetta's heart. She was mine. Maybe I'd just try and go for it... ask her to be my girlfriend; I may as well before Harry does for fucks sake.

"Have I got something on my face, mate?" he asked knowingly once he realized that I was still glaring at him. I ignored his gloating arse and dug my hands into the front pockets of my jumper, searching for my ear buds. After spending what felt like 83 years trying to untangle the blasted things, I was finally able to pop them into my ears and rest my head back against the seat, trying to relax so I could hopefully just fall asleep.

I pressed shuffle and willed the music Gods to send some lyrical masterpiece into my eardrums that would hopefully help get my mind off of Jetta. Of course even the music Gods wanted to make my life a living hell; I snickered as the familiar music began of some guy Jetta had loaded my iPod with:

"Girl,
There's something 'bout me that you ought to know.
I've never felt the need to lose control.
Always held on back and played it slow.
But not this time.
Baby, don't be gentle,
I can handle anything."

My eyes were closed as I bopped my head a little to the beat, because for some reason, I didn't feel like turning it over since it was like my theme song with Jetta. I don't know why. I must enjoy pain. My name is Louis Tomlinson and I'm a masochist;

"Baby,
Take me on a journey.
I've been thinking lately,
I could use a little time alone with you.
Crazy,
Let's do something, maybe.
Please don't take your time,
You got me,
Right where you want me."

"I didn't take you for a Jesse McCartney fan," I heard Liam laugh as my eyes shot open and I saw him peaking at my iPod to spy on my song choices. Seriously, Liam... I will cut you.

"I don't know... Jetta put it on there, he's not bad," I quietly explained, throwing in a yawn for good measure.

"Sure she did," he teased with a wink before continuing to text this new Natalie person he was currently obsessed with. Since she lives near Channing and Jet, he'd actually spent the last few days with her, so he'd been rather antisocial, choosing to put all of his time into this new girl. To be honest though, the other Lads and I were very encouraging... it was nice to see Liam acting happy and giddy once again. Regardless, he needed to take about 400 steps back and stop being a dick.

I rolled slightly onto my shoulder so that I was unfortunately facing Harry and Jet as they were playing Uno and laughing about something. I just closed my eyes as the comforting voice of Jesse something or other sounded in my ears-- What? His voice is comforting! I'm confident in my sexuality and not afraid to admit that;

"Girl,
I'm gonna let you have your way with me.
But when you move like that,
Its hard to breathe.
I never thought that it could be like this,
But I was wrong.
Baby, don't be gentle,
I can handle anything."

I laughed at the lyrics as they spoke the truth; she could literally have her way with me anytime she wanted... just needed to get Harry interested in something-- or someone --else...

"Can't explain it,
How you swept me off my feet, unexpectedly.
In slow motion,
My imagination's running, trying to keep my body still,
I can hardly stand the thrill.

Baby, don't be gentle,
I can handle anything..."

During some point I must have fallen asleep for a bit; after checking the time on my phone, I realized we'd been in the air for nearly two hours. I was about to close my eyes again when something which felt like a wadded up napkin, bounced right off of my nose. I immediately shot my eyes open, prepared to glare over at Harry, only to realize that he was laying with his seat reclined back with his mouth hanging slightly open. How attractive.

I leaned forward so that I could see Jetta who currently occupied the window seat next to Harry, but when my eyes finally found her face, she seemed to be sleeping as well. I looked all around me, almost starting to believe that there was a ghost on the plane as I noticed everyone else was asleep. What the hell?

I sighed lightly, deciding to pretend I was imagining things; I closed  my eyes as I tried to get comfortable once more. It was no more than ten seconds later when I felt another napkin whoosh past me, hitting me in the shoulder.

My eyes snapped open again, ready to wake everyone's ass up because I was in no mood to play catch with Casper, but as I went to unbuckle my seatbelt, I glanced up to see that Jet had moved so that she was now leaning the other way. Not to mention, even though her eyes were still closed, she seemed to be biting her lip to keep from laughing. Gotcha.

I grabbed her two napkin balls and made three more of my own as I began firing them over at her, hitting her square in the face so that she released a little yelp before turning completely away from me. Her shoulders were shaking in quiet laughter and I could feel a smirk tugging at my own lips as she slowly turned her face towards me, attempting to feign innocence.

"That's rude, Lewis!" she whisper-yelled, pointing a finger at me in disapproval. I shrugged my shoulders as I chuckled lightly, "Don't mess with the bull baby! You'll get the horns!" I whispered back, placing my pointer fingers up on either side of my head as if they were indeed, horns. I don't think I looked as intimidating as I was aiming for though because she merely covered her face as she released some light laughter, the sound alone making me shiver.

"I knew you weren't sleeping," she said while I raised my arms up, stretching.

"Nope, just resting my peepers," I informed her with a wink.

I watched her as she quietly unbuckled herself before leaping to her feet and gracefully climbing over Harry without disturbing him. I quirked an eyebrow, asking her silently what she was up to.

Jet gave me a mischievous smile as she walked over to my seat, leaning in extremely close as if she didn't have a huge airplane aisle at her disposal. I wasn't complaining, she could get as close as she'd like. She must have read my mind because not more than a second later, she plopped down in my lap.

"Just going to the bathroom..." she murmured, causing me to shiver once again as her lips scathed my ear, her hot breath creeping into my soul. 

I shook my head slightly, trying to understand what she was getting at, "Well... alright then... have fun. Don't fall in?" I joked, raising my hands up, still confused as to why she was informing of her bathroom needs.

Her demeanor changed quickly and she began blinking her eyes rapidly, "Oh, God... Lewis... I've lost my contact lens... please help me find it?" she whispered, motioning toward the bathroom. I stared at her for a moment, still baffled over her strange behavior and was caught quite off guard when she reached out and openly groped me below the belt.

She narrowed her eyes at me as she squeezed me firmly, immediately waking me up, so to speak, both in my head and my dick. As if she was waving a giant sign with flashing arrows pointing to her vagina, I finally pieced together her strange behavior, before mentally face palming. This is Jetta... of course she'd want to join the Mile High club... and that's why I love her. Or like... or love... I don't know, just shut up.

"Oh... ohhhh," I said loudly, immediately making her cover my mouth with her hand. She rolled her eyes and turned away from me, flicking her hair out so that it whacked me in the face as she stood up and walked slowly away, offering a playful smirk as the distance between us grew.

After watching her skip down the aisle and disappear into the loo, I quickly looked around, checking to make sure everyone was asleep. Once I made sure there were no witnesses, I hastily unbuckled myself and all but sprinted down the cramped aisle, almost completely running down the damn flight attendant who had randomly popped out of no where.

"Excuse me, sir!" she exclaimed, giving me a stern look.

I quickly slid past her, not even bothering to think of an excuse for my odd behavior, "Sorry! It's an emergency..." I said, trying not to laugh as she nodded and continued down the aisle and disappeared behind the curtains that separated coach from first class.

I slowly approached the door, tapping on it lightly, feeling very self conscious and almost just wanting to run back to my seat. However, my window of escape slammed shut in my face as the door opened and Jet's little arm grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and dragged me into the bathroom as if I were a ragdoll.

{mature! hurry look away u silly ppl who don't crave literary sEx, smh}

She barely got the door closed again before slamming my back against it and covering my lips in a heated kiss. Her breathing was rapid as her fingertips snaked lightly up the back of my shirt, dancing along my spine before she whined slightly, signaling that she wanted my shirt off.

As soon as the shirt was discarded, my eyes fluttered closed as she kissed  my collar bones, brushing her lips against them lightly as she made her way up the side of my neck, only to end up devouring my mouth once more.

We pulled apart to catch our breath for a moment as she got to work on my pants, "Mmm, thank God you're wearing sweats today," she mumbled, shoving both my pants and boxers down quickly, much to my relief, considering I was painfully hard and the material which was containing me wasn't helping.

"Wish I could say the same for you," I whispered against her neck as I tried to copy her actions, but got stuck at the button of her jeans as my fingers awkwardly fumbled with it.

I groaned in exasperation, "Your jeans are cock-blocking," I complained in a whiny voice; she giggled and easily unbuttoned  them before helping me slide them down. As soon as she kicked off her flip flops and got her feet free, she immediately hoisted one leg up so that it was wrapped around my hip, the new position was effectively causing a much sought after friction between us, allowing a beautiful moan to slip from her lips as she rubbed her body more firmly against mine.

"I swear Lou... I was afraid I was going to have to just start humping your leg in the middle of the plane so that you'd catch my drift," she whispered, burying her face into my neck as my fingers traced along her exposed bum, squeezing her tightly as she tried to get her legs wrapped around me, but the space was just too tight.

She laughed before letting out a sigh, "Damint, there's no room," she whined, obviously getting frustrated with our lack of space.

"I like it when you fuck me standing up," she revealed, causing me to twitch with excitement at her slightly vulgar, yet honest comment.

"Me too," I chuckled, giving her a cheeky smile; I captured her lips with mine, nipping at her hungrily as my hands grazed her tummy, inching her shirt up so that I could see her beautiful skin.

Jet rose her hands up so that I could tug her tank top up over her head, and I cheered as her bra slid up easily as well, leaving her breasts at my full disposal. I leaned forward so that I could suck gently on one of her exposed nipples, while I internally thanked whoever invented sports bras because they equaled easy access.

She moaned, relaxing her shoulders immediately; her leg was still secured tightly around my hip as I reached below, easily sliding two fingers inside of her. Her body trembled against mine as my fingers moved within her, and she threw her head back as I leaned down to kiss along her neck and chest.

"That's- oh God, okay," she panted, sounding breathless, "Ugh, I just want to feel you," she whimpered as I changed the rhythm of my fingers, curling them within her and massaging her with my thumb.

Her little cries of pleasure were driving me mad as I watched her face: eyes squeezed shut, brow furrowed, lips parted; she was the definition of beautiful in every sense of the word. Before I realized what she was doing, Jet turned us around so that I was almost sitting on the sink before she dropped down to her knees, quickly enveloping my length with her wet lips.

I let out embarrassing groans of appreciation as I tilted my head back against the mirror; she slid her lips up and down my cock in a rhythm which was quickly bringing me down to my knees. I bucked my hips up into the warmth of her mouth as breathy moans continued to escape my lips as well as a few profanities.

I only let her continue going down on me for a few more seconds before pulling her to her feet; we crashed into the wall and laughed lightly for a few seconds before I continued sliding her in front of the sink, so that she was facing away from me, with her bum nestled against my groin.

"Why do you want to do it this way?" she questioned, reaching behind her so that she was wrapping her arms around me, stretching out her impossibly long torso as I placed my chin against her forehead.

"Mirror," I mumbled, flashing my eyes away from her and toward our reflection which was without a doubt the hottest picture I'd ever seen. I ran my hands down the front of her body, grazing over her breasts and sliding down to her hips before going back up to cup her breasts tightly in my palms.

Jet met my stare in the reflection of the mirror with her hooded gaze as she smirked, "Mhmm... see? Kinky," she teased, reminding me of the nickname she'd bestowed upon me a few nights ago when we were at her house. As I looked at the two of us in the mirror, I pressed my lips to the back of her neck, kissing her lightly, "You love it," I commented, smirking as she wiggled her bum against me once again in anticipation.

"Oh God, Lewis... enough build up already... just fuck--" she was unable to finish her sentence as I quickly positioned myself at her entrance, sliding inside of her, completely sheathing myself within her warm body.

We both let out a chorus of moans as I allowed her to adjust for a few seconds before gripping her hips tightly and pulling out of her teasingly slow. She was tight and slick and I couldn't even think of another feeling in the world that felt as good as when we were together like this. As cliché as that may sound, it was the god damn truth.

|| j e t t a ||

I whined in pleasure as Louis gripped my hips tightly, slamming into my body as I leaned over onto the sink, trying to support my upper half, but my arms were shaking as he continued to deliver thrust after thrust, and I felt myself beginning to sink forward. I felt as if my entire body was just going to melt into a trembling mess. Lou obviously noticed my struggle as he gripped my biceps in either of his hands, effectively holding me up as he continued derailing my body on the Louis Express.

His eyes met mine in the mirror and although we'd had sex plenty of times where we'd made eye contact, this felt so incredibly different. I felt much more exposed and vulnerable, but safe at the same time. His facial expression looked pained as his eyes slipped closed for a few seconds before reopening and immediately holding my gaze once more.

"God, Jet," Louis groaned, kissing my shoulder blade as the smallest whimper escaped his lips.

"You feel so good," he whispered as I wrapped my arm tightly around his neck, nodding my head in agreement, "Oh shit... f-feels like it's been- fuck! Forever since we've been togeth-" but I was unable to finish my statement as a particularly hard thrust shot the words right out of my mouth.

"Jet... it's only been about five days," he reminded me with a laugh as we continued our fast pace. I pushed myself against him, meeting each of his thrusts with an equal amount of backward momentum, which immediately ended the conversation.

His muscles contorted as he released my arms, wrapping them around the back of his neck as he slid his fingers to enclose around my waist, holding me tightly against him. I could feel that I was close, and he was too because he began repeating my name as his pace shifted from quick and precise to slightly sloppy.

My eyes found the mirror once more, and I refused to look away as I felt the two of us coming undone; a warm feeling began flooding throughout my body as he released inside of me and that extra wetness sent me over the edge. I bit my lip to keep my cries down, and I felt as if I would have been floating away had Louis' arms not been my gravity, keeping me safe and sound with my back pressed against his chest as we trembled together in the blissful aftershocks.

{end mature scene! *sprays u with a hose*}

I felt completely blissed out as Lou rested his sweaty forehead against the back of my neck, and he slowly released his grip on my waist as he gently slid out of me, causing us both to shiver because of the sensitivity.

"Fuck... how do you even exist," Louis whispered sweetly as I turned around to face him.

"I don't," I replied sarcastically, "I'm just a figment of your imagination," I teased as we fumbled around for our discarded clothing, bumping our heads against each other as we both reached down; he closed his eyes with a thin smile before he stopped what he was doing and studied me, "Well, if that's true, then you're the best fucking imaginary friend I've ever had," he said seriously, before surprising me by leaving a slow, lingering kiss on my lips.

After a few seconds, he pulled away, leaving me breathless, but still kept his hand pressed against my cheek, "Oh... I'm just a friend... huh?" I teased and my stomach flipped a little, just imagining what it would be like if he ever really wanted to be with me.

His face softened at my question and he looked down, as if he were considering something for a moment, before pulling my mouth to his once more, "Jet?" he whispered against my lips, and my eyes widened slightly at the vulnerable quality his voice had taken on.

"Yeah, Lou?" I asked, my throat feeling tight because of his strange behavior, "Would you... um... can we... do you think...?" he stuttered, ending each sentence before he could get his point across. He dropped my gaze and anxiously scratched the back of his neck as he huffed in frustration.

"Damn, Lewis, just spit it out," I taunted, playfully nipping at his bottom lip. However, instead of releasing his lips, he trapped me again in a gentle kiss. After releasing me, he sighed softly, "Jet... can we be together? Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked shyly, causing my smirk to slowly disappear and my cheeks to grow warm.

I felt so incredibly awkward as my blushing cheeks completely consumed me, literally making my face feel engulfed in flames.

"Are you blushing?" he asked with a genuine smile, "Is that a yes?" he asked hopefully, intertwining our fingers together.

"Yeah," I squeaked, feeling completely embarrassed because of my reaction. Don't judge me, I've never had a boyfriend... only fuck buddies.. never someone who I could call mine. So this moment was a little surreal for me.

"You're so cute," Louis murmured, brushing his lips against my forehead. I closed my eyes tightly, sighing as he released me so that we could finish getting dressed.

After making sure we were both decent, we decided that Louis would go out first so people wouldn't realize we'd been in here together. I was praying no one had woken up, because we'd been in here for at least half an hour.

He gave me a quick kiss before slipping out of the bathroom; as soon as he was gone I reached down to grab the bottom of my hoodie and pulled it over my face, squealing into it and jumping up and down lightly. I couldn't help it... I was fangirling and I was honestly afraid I couldn't stop. After a few minutes though, I took some deep breaths and composed myself before stepping out into the cool first class lounge. Damn, we'd made it humid in that bathroom.

I nervously glanced up to see Louis looking right at me as he motioned from left to right, signifying that everyone was still asleep and we were totally going to get away with our little detour to the mile high club. Thank God.

|| h a r r y ||

I don't know what it was that drew me out of my sleep, but I groggily opened my eyes for a second as I heard some commotion coming form the front of the plane, "Excuse me, sir!" a startled looking flight attendant spoke as I realized Louis had just run into her.

"Sorry! It's an emergency!" he said loudly, trying to hold back a smirk. I rolled my eyes at his antics as I turned over onto my other side, deciding I'd rather stare at Jetta opposed to Liam with his mouth hanging open. Imagine my surprise when I rolled over to see that the seat next to me was empty. I grew a bit confused for a moment but after glancing from Lou's seat, to Jetta's seat and back to the  bathroom a few times, I finally fit all the pieces together. They were in there together.

I let me eyes fall down to her empty seat, for a few seconds before gritting my teeth and pulling my hoodie over my head to hide my face from annoying passerby's. As I tried to force myself back to sleep, my mind wouldn't stop spinning. You waited too long, you idiot... you never had a chance.

Eventually, when Jet snuck back to her seat, I tried telling myself that ignoring her would be the best way to go, so I just kept my eyes clamped shut as I tried to remain 'asleep'. Her scent wrapped around me as she easily slid past me, and I pinched my arm slightly to keep myself from opening my eyes to peek at her. I was almost successful, however as I heard her take her seat, I felt a light weight fall over my body, and I slid one eye open to see that she'd taken the blanket that had fallen on the floor, subtly covering me up.

I closed my eye before she could see me peeking, and froze as I felt her quickly place a kiss to my cheek. I wanted to hate her... I really did... but I couldn't help the tiny smile of contentment that I felt slide across my lips. Would things ever make sense with this girl?

+++

|| c h a n n i n g ||

I was only in the hospital for a few more days before Dr. Smith was finally satisfied with my recovery enough to release me. However, my release date was rather bitter-sweet; although Niall and I were happy that we could finally move forward, we were reluctant to do so because the media had gotten wind of where the boys had been the past week. We assumed someone on the staff may have given the press a tip so that they could catch us leaving.

"Yeh all set?" Niall asked me gently as he captured my hand in his and began leading me toward the door. I took one last peek out of the window to see the swarmed parking lot below and gulped before giving him a subtle nod. He knew I was reluctant to walk through large crowds with him after what happened last time, however this time, we would be accompanied by their huge body guard, Preston; so I wasn't nearly as nervous.

He pecked me quickly on the lips before opening the door and leading me out into the hallway; as we passed the nurses station I noticed how the Nurse, I think her name was Jade, tried to make eye contact with Niall, however he seemed to be purposely avoiding her. I was concerned, but figured it was a question for another time.

Jet and the rest of the boys had already left for LA the night before, and wouldn't you know it, as soon as they left, the media seemed to begin trickling in and camping out in the parking lot... almost as if someone deliberately was trying to inconvenience just me and Niall.

We made our way toward the back exit and I clamped even more tightly onto Niall's arm as we followed closely behind Preston while another body guard brought up the rear. Niall quickly pulled my hoodie up and slipped some large sunglasses over my face as we approached the brightly lit exist signs.

As soon as we burst through the doors, my mind was swirling as the questions of the paps and screams of some fans invaded my senses.

'Just look forward and keep walking' I kept chanting to myself as I felt greedy fingers reaching for my hoodie and obnoxious tape recorders and microphones shoved in my face.

Thankfully, we reached the van rather quickly and Niall waited for me to climb inside before following quickly after and slamming the door shut behind him. As we relaxed into the backseat, I heard him release a heavy breath he must have been holding before shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts.

"I'm so sorry this is what life is like for you," I mumbled as I stared out at the mass of crazy fans and paparazzi who were still attempting to swarm the vehicle.

Niall quickly looked up and caught my eye as his mouth twitched up into a smirk, "Don't feel sorry fer me babe, cus yer in tha same boat! This is yer life now, too," he reminded me with a laugh. A tiny smile made it's way onto my lips as I nodded my head in agreement and a warm feeling filled my chest, "Sometimes I forget this is real life... sometimes I forget you're THE Niall Horan aka my boyfriend," I said sheepishly as he patted my thigh gently before wrapping an arm around my shoulders, encouraging me to lean comfortably against his chest.

"Well don't yeh ferget it; yeh already agreed tah this mad lifestyle... so yeh've gotta suck it up," he teased, kissing my hair before resting his cheek against the top of my head.

"Well, as long as you can put up with all of my... issues," I whispered as I looked down at my knees, "I think I can put up with the hoards of people who are obsessed with you," I finished with a sad smile.

Niall studied me solemnly for a moment as I turned my head, lifting it off of his chest slightly to get a better look at him; he lightly traced his thumb along my slightly bruised jaw before bring his hand down to lightly cup my bandaged wrist, "Yeh don't have 'issues' Channing; these set backs yeh've had... they aren't yer fault," he whispered softly against my forehead before pressing his lips to my skin.

I closed my eyes as I released a sigh of contentment and wrapped my arms around his torso, burrowing snuggly into the side of his body as we sat in a comfortable silence

I was just so lucky to have him... we were still getting to know each other, yet he was so understanding, it was sometimes unreal. How could such a good, caring, and selfless person even exist? Let alone want to be with me? For some reason, the fact that he didn't blame me for my past troubles took a tremendous weight off of my shoulders.

We stared out of the windshield in silence as the van carefully maneuvered in and out of idiotic people who obviously carried a few death wishes. The ride to the airport was rather short and I was proud of myself for not falling asleep on Niall, especially since he was so damn comfortable.

We were lucky enough to have beaten most of the media to the airport, however, of course this one time that we really just wanted to get onto the plane and out of the public eye, our flight was delayed.

As we sat together in the uncomfortable airport seats, we happened to be sitting next to an elderly couple who I could hear talking about their second honeymoon they were taking; apparently they were going to renew their vows as well on their eldest son’s ranch. I bumped my thigh against Niall’s as I made an “awe” face and tilted my head toward the couple. He nodded his head, confirming that he’d been listening as well.

After the couple stopped their conversation, they cuddled together, almost mirroring the same position that Niall and I were sitting in; the man was turned toward his wife, one arm around her waist while she rested her head lightly on his shoulder. It was so cute, I wanted to squeal.

“That’s a lovely wife yeh’ve got there,” Niall commented, nodding  his head toward the couple, making the older woman blush slightly at his words.

“Yes she is, thank you, son,” the man replied with a kind smile; I watched in curiosity as I saw Niall reach into his back pocket for our boarding passes

“If yeh don’t mind me askin’, where are yer seats?” Niall questioned as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

“Oh we’re just in coach,” the woman offered, "we just like to keep things simple," she added on with a smile, looking up at her husband endearingly.

I gave a small smile, they looked perfectly happy, however, you could tell by their worn shoes and slightly tattered appearance that they probably didn't have much money to throw around on frivolous things.

I could feel Niall studying my face so I turned my head and felt my heart flip as those baby blues met mine, he gave me a soft smile before turning his head back toward the couple, "Well, we're sorry fer eavesdroppin' but, we'd like to give yeh our first class tickets as a sort of anniversary gift," Niall said cheerily, outstretching his arm, offering the man the boarding passes.

The couple looked at us curiously, before looking toward Niall's hand, "Oh, thank you son, that's very kind of you, but we couldn't accept those seats," he tried to decline the offer kindly.

"No, sir, I insist; ev'ryone should get a chance tah fly first class, at least once," Niall replied, his smile still kind and welcoming.

The woman’s eyes lit up as she turned to her husband, excited about the potential upgrade, “George, we’ve never flown first class,” she whispered happily and I felt my heart swell as the man reluctantly accepted the tickets and shook Niall's hand.

"Well, I appreciate that," George said with a gentle smile as he retrieved his own boarding passes from his wife's purse, surrendering them to Niall.

"It's no problem, I hope yeh two havah wonderful second honeymoon," Niall answered, wrapping his arm around my shoulder once more after dropping the tickets onto his lap.

"They're so sweet, don't they remind you of us, George?" the woman gushed as she examined our loving embrace.

"They really do, Ruby," George agreed, looking directly at me and smiling.

"She's a pretty one," he whispered to Niall, nodding his head, "hold on to that one, she'll keep those looks her entire life, just like my Ruby, here," he said fondly looking at his wife.

I felt myself blushing as Niall chuckled and gripped onto my hip a little tighter, "Oh, believe meh, I'm not lettin' this one go," he said as he turned toward me, "as long as she'll have meh," he whispered before swopping in to give me a quick peck on the cheek.

I felt my cheeks grow redder as the couple laughed, and we chatted for a few more moments before the flight attendant finally began boarding the plane. She made an announcement for first class and I smiled at George and Ruby because they apparently had forgotten that that's in fact where they were now seated.

I leaned in toward them, "They're calling for you two," I said with a smile as a look of understanding appeared on their faces and they slowly got to their feet.

"Thanks again," George said sincerely before Ruby turned to shake both mine and Niall's hands, "Take care of each other," she whispered, and I nodded at her simple, but powerful advice. It was apparent that the two of them had been taking care of one another their entire lives. No matter how much fame, money, or possessions a person acquired throughout life, I knew what they had was the most important. They had each other, and that's all that mattered.

As they shuffled away toward the terminal, I smiled up at Niall, pressing a quick kiss to his lips, "That was so nice, I think you really made their day," I gushed, wrapping my arms around him.

"They reminded me of us," he mumbled shyly, running his hands gently through my hair.

"You think you'll be able to put up with me for that long?" I teased, pinching his cheek slightly before kissing it.

He turned, pulling my legs over his lap so that I was just about sitting on him, "It would be an honor tah grow old with yeh, Miss Channing Priscilla..." he said with a smile as he cooed my middle name, making my eyes go wide.

I glared as he bit his lip, trying not to laugh, "You were to never speak of it again," I sighed in exasperation, shaking my head slightly. Ugh... why did I ever feel the need to reveal my middle name in those letters? Note to self... stop being stupid.

"Why not though?" he asked, nuzzling my cheek with his nose, "I actually really like it... it's sexy," he whispered, making me blush.

"Shut up," I replied, smacking at him playfully, before pulling him to his feet, considering they were now calling all remaining passengers to board the flight.

"Let's use our alter egos fer tha flight, yeah?" Niall suggested as we walked hand and hand down the terminal, "Yeh know... in case there happen tah be any fans sittin' near us," he said with a cringe.

I immediately caught on to what he was saying, nodding my head, "Oh! a' course, James... whatevah yeh say," I agreed, using my fake Irish accent.

"That's actually pretty convincing," he said quickly, making me snort as he dropped his accent entirely, sounding completely American. Damn you, frat boy Niall feels... go away!

"That's actually really attractive when yeh soun' like an American frat boy," I continued on with the hoax, as we walked down the crowded coach aisles, glancing around for our seats.

After spotting Row G, seats 2 and 3, Niall ushered me in first, allowing for me to have the window seat as he placed our carry-ons into the overhead compartment. After making sure they were carefully packed away, he slid into the seat next to me, throwing his arm over my shoulder, "Well, to be honest, when you speak with an Irish accent, it's really fucking hot," he whispered, his warm breath made me shiver as he placed a delicate kiss behind my ear.

I let out a flustered breath as I faced him, "Soh yeh like when I soun' Irish, an' I like when yeh soun' American... doesn't that make us seem jus' a tad bit self obsessed?" I teased, thickening my accent.

Niall laughed lightly as he captured my lips in a soft kiss; although it wasn't intended, we may have started to get a little out of hand because we immediately pulled away after hearing someone clear their throat.

I looked to see a middle aged woman sitting in the seat next to Niall, and offered her a sheepish grin as Niall muttered an apology. The lady nodded curtly before doing a double take and studying Niall intently, "Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" she asked as she looked to be racking her brain for the answer.

Niall awkwardly cleared his throat, "I don't think so, my girlfriend, Priscilla, and I were just visiting some family," Niall answered in his American accent.

"Oh, really?" the woman asked as she rose her eyebrow, sounding unconvinced.

Niall gulped as he glanced over at me for help, "Yeah, we were jus' visitin some a James' family bahfore headin' back home tah L.A," I quickly added, offering her a smile.

"You don't sound like you're from L.A," the woman stated, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Well, obviously, I'm not from there. I was born in Ireland... but James an' I live in L.A where we perform tahgether in coffee shops an' such," I blurted out, just trying to lead her on a boring story.

Niall finally seemed to catch on to the fact that I was having fun spinning this web of lies so he happily joined in, "Prissy and I met online a few years back and I eventually convinced her to take a chance and meet me; I guess you could say things worked out, because six months later, we were packing up my old Chevy and moving out to Los Angeles with nothing but a few bucks, our guitars, and the clothes on our backs," he said fondly, glancing back at me with a sly grin.

The woman must have decided that she was bored with our ridiculous story -which was our goal- so she mumbled something unintelligible before turning away from us and sticking her nose in a magazine. I snickered at the fact that Niall's face was clearly plastered on the front of the magazine and anyone with half a brain would realize it was truly him.

Niall leaned over, wrapping his arm around me once more; I rested my cheek against his neck and felt his Adams apple start to vibrate as he began to softly hum. As I could feel my eyes growing heavy, I subtly felt him wrap a blanket over us before pushing up the sleeve of my hoodie and brushing his fingers across my wrists.

I shuttered slightly before glancing up to search his face, "Why do you always do that?" I asked quietly, referring to the fact that he seemed to always trace my scars when we were having quiet moments like these.

He had been resting his eyes, but as he heard my question, he slowly slid them open, offering a gentle smile as he focused on my face, "Because they're who yeh are. Although they signify a painful past, I wouldn't want yeh any other way," he whispered, bringing my bandaged wrist up to softly kiss it before recovering it with the blanket.

"But they're so ugly," I commented, not trying to get pity, but merely stating a fact.

Niall sighed before looking at me with an unreadable expression, "Absolutely nothin' about you is ugly, Chan; as twisted as it seems, I'm happy yeh have 'em, because they lead yeh tah me, and now... I have you."

I felt a slight sting in my eye as he held my gaze for a couple of moments before lowering his lips to gently kiss my nose. Sometimes I forgot how lucky I was... sometimes I forgot how good of a person he was... and sometimes I forgot how easy it was to feel beautiful with someone like Niall by my side.

Although it was a relief that Niall seemed to be completely unfazed by the marks that littered my body... it was also a relief that he didn't just pretend they weren't there. He knew they were there, and in some twisted way, he appreciated them. He wasn't ashamed of them, so it also helped me feel less ashamed of them, myself.

As my tired eyes slid closed, my mind wandered to the numerous people who shared my problem with self harm; it was a serious issue that was hard to overcome, and although I still felt the itchy wrists from time to time, Niall was the main reason I was able to fight it. I wish everyone had a buffer like Niall in their lives. I only prayed that those people... all of those lost and lonely people... would someday find someone to love them like Niall loved me. Someone who would love every little mark that marred their body... and someone who would make them realize they were beautiful, regardless.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note zweiundachtzig:

This chapter was crapcrapcrap... like I really just need to get them to London! but you know how I feel about time jumps... oh well I hope you somewhat enjoyed it anyway... >.<
So to all of you Louetta shippers...
are you on cloud 9?
Jarry shippers
do you want to beat me up?
Chialler shippers...
do u want to jump off a cliff bc no relationship will ever be as perf as Niall and Chan? (well except Ruby and George of course!) lol cus samE

BTW: As you know... nothing stays perfect for long... Harry may be down but he's not out of the race
*evil laughter*

Guys I have another story (aside from akotw trilogy)... go to my profile and check it out if you'd like (warning i haven't updated in forever but whatever, tell me whatya think. warning... it's sad as hell) It's called "Never Made Me Stronger" :) I've been working on it with my friend Shaheer.

<3 Mandy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 16.1K 56
Book 3 of Afterlife series Safe. Lane is finally safe, home, and with Harry. It was everything both of them wanted. After a trying and difficult time...
27.7K 1.7K 30
@supu1224 pitched me this idea: What about a story named versions where they face struggles of life and how that changes them into different persons...
Don't Speak By Stacey Shields

Mystery / Thriller

11.4K 103 6
The pain and pleasure he brings is more than the sharp edge of the razor blade could ever offer me. Sixteen year old Ella's life is falling apart. Af...
2.4K 219 23
*Book 2 of the Fated Four Series* *Inspired by the Three Fates (the Moirai) of Greek Mythology* ~*~ "Love...happiness...these are things we need to...