Fight Me

By wonhoisart

The smart, good looking Choi Young Do is Jeguk High's biggest fear, he get's what he wants no matter the pric... More

Characters
*1
*2
*3
*4
*5
*6
*7
*8
*9
*10
*11
*12
*13
*14
*15
*16
*17
*18
*19
*21
*22
*23
*24
*25

*20

7.3K 260 30
By wonhoisart

Young Do immediately picked up his head, turning to the glare at the group of people who were talking making them immediately divert their attentions to the front of the classroom. After all, everyone knows that it's always new money that gets transferred in half way through the year. There is no way that Su Jin would be that person that the news has been talking about. If only knew what went on between him and Su Jin they would understand why she could not be this 'manipulating heiress'.

_________________________

Su Jin paced her room, her fingers tangling and untangling in nervousness as she thought about Choi Young Do.

Was he going to be okay?

She picked up her phone from her bedside table and unlocked it, debating whether she should text him asking whether he was okay. But as she was about to open her messages she decided it would be better to leave him be and turned off her phone as a precaution.

Knock knock

"Agashi,( miss) your grandfather is calling you down."

Su Jin slowly walked towards her door opening it as she heard footsteps disappear into the hallway. She wondered why her grandfather had called her as she slowly and carefully made her way down the stairs towards the living area. Surprised was the least she felt as she stared at her 'uncle's' face while he immediately jumped to his feet when he noticed her at the end of the stairs.

"I came as soon as I got the call from your grandfather! I can't believe it got out.... Who could have done this?" an expression of what seemed to Su Jin as slightly forced worry covered his face.

"That's why I called you, to find out." Her grandfather said as he calmly sat in his seat, his fingers interlocked and elbows laying on the arm rest.

"Ah ye danghyunaji. (yes of course.) However, even if we did find out who did this it wouldn't really help our cause in any way so I think it would be best for Su Jin to study abroad. Not only will she get a great learning environment but also it would prevent her from getting involved in news and gossip like this since overseas they wouldn't really care."

Su Jin watched as her grandfather rubbed his jaw with his fingers as he contemplated the option. "I think you're right." He said slowly as he stood up followed by a swift command to 'make preparations.'

Su Jin looked at her grandfather in surprise because of his sudden decision. There was no way that she was going overseas unless she was dragged kicking and screaming.... Even then someone would have to go through a black eye and broken bones to drag her.

Was he perhaps drunk?

No he seemed to understand perfectly the decision he was making.

"I've already made the transfer papers and have also booked a flight for this Friday."

Su Jin's eyes immediately moved from her grandfather to her uncle, the blood rushing through her body, a result of her frantically beating heart. How could he have made reservations already?

Unless, he was expecting this decision to be made...

"How could you have made these preparations already?" Su Jin heard herself say as she glared at her uncle.

"I'm just a very efficient worker and there was no way that studying abroad isn't a good choice. Don't worry Su Jin you'll have lots of fun there." He said winking at her

___________________________

"Harabeoji don't you think it's suspicious how he already made plans? Seriously how can you agree so complacently?" Su Jin questioned as she followed her grandfather around leaving no space between them as if that would assist in getting her point across.

"Harabeoji you can't do this. I don't want to go overseas I want to stay here with you."

"I'm sure it's not me you want to stay here with but someone else" he said stopping, turning around to give her a wink.

If Su Jin hadn't been so upset at the situation she would have blushed but her grandfather's sneaky comment went unnoticed as she paced back and forth within the room.

"I promise to work hard here! Please don't send me."

"It's not about working hard." Her grandfather said stopping as he turned around and held her hands. "It's the only way I can keep you safe." The sincerity and worry in his eyes slightly disconcerting.

"I know self defence!" Su Jin said in a futile attempt to rebut.

"It's not that simple."

"Please." She continued to beg as she stuck out her lower lip. If she was going to make this happen she was going to have to try whatever.

"I'm sorry. I've never forced you to do anything nor stopped you from doing anything. I want you to live the life you want but if that means a chance of losing you then I can't consent."

Su Jin slowly brought her thoughts of opposition to a stop as she watched the worry in those worn out eyes that looked back at her become more evident. She really didn't want to leave but if this was the only way to keep the one person who truly cares for her, happy then she guessed she really had no choice.

Su Jin silently left the room, her feet dragging behind her as she made her way to her bedroom. She grabbed her phone, turning it on as her fingers itched to call Choi Young Do but just as she went to press the call button a sudden fear took over and she immediately released her phone onto her bedside table. She toppled onto her bed as she closed her eyes wishing that this day hadn't happened and that perhaps this was just a dream.

It wasn't.

________________________

Su Jin sat at a bench as she watched all sorts of people walking past her as they chatted, laughed and played together. It was nice to see that at least some people were having a good time.

"Did you wait long?"

Su Jin knew that voice, she knew that voice so clearly that it freaked her out as she slowly rotated her head in the direction of the voice to see Choi Young Do standing behind her.

"Ani." (no)

The reply came without a thought as she just watched while he walked around the bench and sat beside her.

"So I confessed like I told you I would and she accepted." Choi Young Do said, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Waaa daebak! All your effort payed off." Su Jin applauded, grinning as wide as she could to show how happy she was for him.

"Thanks..."

A heavy silence rapidly filled the space between the two of them. Su Jin felt uncomfortable, almost as if the silence was there for her to confess anything she needed to.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Okay maybe it really was there for her to confess.

"Tell you what?" she questioned hesitantly as there were quite a few things that she hadn't told Young Do.

"About who you really are?"

Su Jin pursed her lips as she looked away from Choi Young Do placing her hands in her lap, feeling guilty for having kept it a secret from him for quite some time.

"You never really asked..."

It was true! He hadn't really.... He merely assumed.

"I thought we we're friends... but I guess I was wrong." Choi Young Do said as he stood up and began walking away from Su Jin. Her hands shook in her lap as she stared at Choi Young Do's back for a few seconds before immediately getting up to stop him.

"No, wait! I...I was scared you would stop talking to me or something." She barely whispered as she tightly held on to his forearm with both hands, her fingers still shaking.

"Well I wouldn't have... but now I will." He said as he slowly pushed her hands of his arm and continued to walk away.

"you didn't exactly like any of the girls in your school except Cha Eun Sang and she wasn't 'rich' and it's not like I was being fake with you or something!" Su Jin shouted but Choi Young Do payed no attention to her.

Su Jin watched Young Do turn a corner as she stood there frozen before the ringing of her phone deterred her thoughts away. She reached for her back pocket where she kept her phone but felt nothing, she reached for all her pockets and each one was empty despite clearly hearing her phone ringing. Frantically, she searched for the incessant ringing trying to get to the call before it cut off but it was nowhere to be seen.

__________________________

Su Jin sat up in bed as she realized it was just a figment of her subconscious, more specifically a dream but as she went to lie back down she noticed that the screen of her phone was flashing and that her phone really was ringing. She scrambled to the phone as she looked at the caller id which read 'Choi Young Do'. Su Jin simply stared at her screen until the call was cancelled by itself as she didn't feel like she would be able to talk to Choi Young Do at this moment. She looked at the time on her phone which showed 1:30am underneath which was written '5 missed calls Choi Young Do'.

Now she really wasn't going to be able to face him

Choi Young Do lay in his bed once again hearing the 'please leave a message' from his phone.

Why hadn't she picked up ANY of his calls?

His gaze flicked to the clock on the wall across from him which read 1.31 am. Well it was probably normal for someone to not pick up the phone at this time but he couldn't help being annoyed at her. He just couldn't sleep, he needed someone to talk to about what happened today and the only one he could think of was Su Jin.

When he had gotten home after Cha Eun Sang's rejection he had wanted to punch a wall in fact he wanted to get into an accident so that at least for the small period needed for recovery from his injuries he wouldn't have to think about it. Even the pain that he would have felt would have taken over the pain that was wrapped around his heart like tangled shackles, heavy and constricting. He was so sure that Su Jin's idea of renting out a place would be the way to go and what better than to give her 2 hours of no work where she still gets payed! After all she needed the money so he thought she would be at least a little happy to see me. However that didn't work out as well as it did in his head... it didn't work out at all.

Nothing ever went his way.

He had requested for very few things, all of them reasonable, like answering her own phone and saying hi when she saw him.

If he was to be completely honest with himself... he wouldn't have minded if she HAD lead him on instead of her brutal honesty. It wouldn't have killed her to at least treat him like a friend or give him some sort of hope rather than crushing all his emotions in the palm of her hand without even truly trying. This brutal honesty was also the reason why he couldn't hurt her or pick on her anymore because not once had he given her hope or lead her on and so all the pain he was feeling was the consequence of his own actions.

That is why he was going to hurt everybody except her or so he concluded as his eyes gradually shut.

_____________________

Su Jin's grandfather once again paced his room, thinking about the decision he had made. It seemed he had been pacing a lot lately to the point where he felt healthier.

The doctor always had told him to get some exercise.

He wasn't completely confident in the decision he had made earlier but had felt this was the best course of action he could take at the moment. He knew that he was handing his granddaughter over to the wolves on a golden plate but he also knew that if something did happen when under their care he would immediately be able to condemn them and those wolves would never want to get caught so obviously. This meant they wouldn't let anything happen to her while under their watch and like Su Jin had said, she knew self defence.

She would only be gone for around five years anyways. That's not too long.

He knew he was just kidding himself, he wasn't sure how he was going to survive without her after having her around to brighten his mornings.

There was one thing that kept bugging him. He wondered what that boy who had been sticking to Su Jin like a lost puppy would do if he found out that Su Jin was leaving. The first time he had heard about a boy hanging around his Su Jin he was ready to go into destruction mode but then he was told that he had saved her from getting hit by a car and immediately he was placated. He had a feeling that if it was him his granddaughter would be fine and so he let him continue his friendship with her. However that didn't mean he didn't have people following them whenever they were together, nor did it mean he did not do a background check afterwards. He was surprised to have found the young heir to Zeus Hotel, Choi Young Do and being completely honest with himself that had brought his opinion of the young man down a notch. After all he knew the type of man his father was and well as they say 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree'. Yet this young man had continued to surprise him and he noticed how Su Jin had become brighter each passing day until recently of course. It did not matter though as she was soon going to disappear from his side.

Maybe one day he would like to meet Choi Young Do.

A/N: OMG almost finished this story :O (well this part of their story anyway *winkwink*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.5K 1.8K 41
When a girl like her, who was almost perfect, met this broken guy with a beautiful smile named Jung Wooyoung, she felt something for the first time i...
62.7K 2K 40
•Im Ha Seol• She is a beautiful 19 years old student. Despite her pure look she is very fierce and she stronger than you think. Being born in a weal...
128K 5.1K 31
COMPLETED Jung Wooyoung- the bully felt something strange after seeing his only prey- Choi San was getting bullied by another or rather, a new bully...
4.6K 295 19
Hongjoong was a kid with his insecurities, just like anyone else. Seonghwa comes into the picture, the 'rich' jerk that pushed Hongjoong to the limi...