Of Marines and Pirates (Trafa...

By Uchihababe3796

Everyone knows Rayne Akainu, Member of the Heart Pirates. However no one knows her back story and how she cam... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Three

5.8K 135 33
By Uchihababe3796

Rayne

When I came to, whenever that was, I felt cold on my back and that was enough of a clue to know that Law was already gone. Sitting up I yawned my sleep away before rubbing my eyes. Taking a moment to get my wits about me I slid out of the bed and went into the bathroom. 

Turning on the shower I waited for it to get hot while fetching my toothbrush. Scrubbing down my teeth I began to count the bland beige tiles lining the bathroom walls. However steam from the shower alerted me that it was ready. Slipping into the shower stall I sighed in happiness at the hot water pelting my skin.

"Rayne-ya, it would be very much appreciated if you would hurry up with your shower so everyone could eat." Law's voice dawdled out over the hiss of the shower head.

I screamed in shock slipping in the shower, "Damn!" I hissed when I noticed a small amount of blood flowing from my cut ankle.

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"No." I sniffed.

"Get out of the shower so I can look at your injury Rayne-ya."

"Let me get dressed first."

"I should treat your injury first."

"But I'm not wearing anything!"

"I am your captain, don't backtalk me.  As the doctor of this ship I am responsible for the crew's wellbeing. So I'm ordering you to get your ass out here so I can look at it and then go eat."

Shutting off the water I blushed, "Can you at least throw me my towel?" I asked in a small voice.

"Now."

The tone of his voice was commanding which meant he wasn't joking about or leaving any room for discussion anymore. "J-just get me a towel!"

The curtain ripped back revealing a very pissed off Law. I flattened myself back against the tiled wall forgetting all about modesty. That look, he was not kidding around. Reaching forward he snatched me up by my arm, tugging me out of the shower close to him. Those grey eyes burned into my own.

"Do not order me around." 

His grip tightened on my arm, making me cry out. He's a monster, what did I get myself into? A towel was tossed at me as I sat down on the toilet. Giving me a stern stare Law turned around to find some medical supplies. Grabbing out the medical kit he turned back around and sat it on the counter next to the toilet.

"If I give you an order I expect you to follow it immediately. I don't just issue about orders to hear myself talk! When I tell you to do something then you'd better do it. I won't warn you again. Next time it'll be punishment." Law lectured in a clipped tone. I bent my head down and allowed him to kneel and take hold of my injured ankle. I winced but managed to hold my squeal of pain in; I wasn't about to scream out in pain in front of him in the mood he was in right now. 

The doctor was quick about putting antiseptic on the cut before bandaging it up and finishing it off with a neat bow. "Be careful of this for a few days. Now get dressed and get to the galley... we'll be waiting." Law said in a less angry tone as he packed up his supplies and left the bathroom.

I waited for the sound of the door slamming shut before I let the tears fall. Curling up into a ball sobs wracked my body. I don't know what I was thinking, joining this crew. Law was no joke, what did I think was going to happen by joining his crew, that I would do no wrong and he'd love me and make me his first mate? Wiping my eyes I sniffled, sitting here crying wasn't going to do me any good. If I wanted to survive here I needed to toughen up. Grabbing out a pair of dark shorts and a three-fourths length orange shirt from my things I quickly tossed them on. 

Entering into the cramped room I noticed everyone was seated at the table, not one of the dishes on the table touched. Taking my place at the left of Law he gave a nod and everyone dug in. "None of our meals start until everyone is seated around the table unless one of the crew is sick. Other than that no one is allowed to eat until everyone is present. It would be beneficial to you if you kept that in mind for next time." Law stated as he poured some coffee in a mug with his jolly roger on it.

"I'm sorry everyone I had no idea! If I'd known that then I would have never taken a shower first!" I rambled on. I really hoped that they didn't hate me already because I made them wait to eat. Unfortunately it looked like most of the crew already did, not that I blame them, I'd be annoyed at having to wait to eat too. I sighed, resisting the urge to smash my head into the table. However a pat on my shoulder made me look over to see Claire and Cyrus smiling at me.

"Don't worry Miss Rayne, Captain often forgets to mention small details." Cyrus stated.

Claire nodded, "It's true! One time captain forgot to tell me that Cyrus and I were going to be the ones going for groceries and because of that we didn't get them and we nearly starved! He about had our heads for that!"

"Claire, Cyrus, you're being loud." Law cut in.

"Sorry captain..." They both replied and meekly reached for their food.

Shaking my head I took a few rolls and spread butter on them. Ripping little pieces off of the biscuit I stuffed them in my mouth and chewed slowly. The salty bready taste washed over my taste buds in a very pleasing way but I was still not that hungry. Closing my eyes a small smile graced my features, this was almost as good as the chefs back home, "Wow this food is really good. Your chef is amazing." I remarked. A man with a ball-cap blushed and muttered 'thanks' as he tugged his hat low over his face before continuing to eat. I smiled at the shy brunette as his blue eyes were trained on his plate.

"Oz is one of the best chefs around." Law answered.

"Well Oz, I very much enjoy your biscuits. They remind me of the ones I was served at home by some of the finest chefs procured by my father. I'm very impressed by your skills."

Oz blushed even brighter, "Yer words are too kind."

I smiled as everyone went about their business once more. However in the end breakfast was soon done and everyone was off to do whatever it was that they were scheduled to do. Standing up I watched them uncertainly, what was I supposed to be doing? "Uhm... Law?"

"Captain or Captain Law is what you'll address me by now." He said from over his mug. I flinched at his tone, yes he was still pissed. 

I needed to tread carefully around , "...Captain... what am I supposed to be doing?"

"Help Oz with whatever he needs until I find something more pressing for you to do."

With that Law was out of the galley and I was left alone with Oz. The burly cook offered me a small smile before telling me to take the dished from the table. I grabbed up a few dishes and hurried into the kitchen. The heat was intense but that was probably from the stoves that were all open. A dishwasher was in the very back with a sink right next to it. All around a few cooks were zipping here and there attending to pots and pans while others were preparing food for lunch. 

"Go ahead and put the dishes over there in the back. Right now just stack the plates an' then once the table is cleared off we can work on getting the dishes squared away." Oz said before stepping into the midst of the kitchen and ordering about the cooks.

I stepped into the galley and quickly began to clear off the table of all of the dishes. In all honesty I didn't want to be doing this job, I'd never done a job like this before, but I didn't want do piss Law off any more than I already had. In my haste I wasn't watching where I was going and stepped wrong, my ankle twinging. I pitched forward accidentally smacked into one of the younger chefs in the kitchen. The pot of potatoes that he had in his hands spilled all across the floor along with the chips of the plates I'd been handling. "Shit!" I screeched as some hot water splashed on my ankles.

"Damn it, Rick take the lass to the captain to get checked out and get yer hands checked out as well." Oz ordered while several cooks snatched up the potatoes and shoved them into extra pots. The cook I'd smacked into pulled me up and stormed out of the kitchen ignoring the fact that I was already injured. The tight grip on my wrist felt like a vice as we weaved through the hallways. My ankles were burning from the water and starting to ache in a horrible way but I kept tight. 

There was no way that I was about to show weakness in front of this obviously angry cook.

Rick finally stopped in front of a door and kicked it open with his foot. We entered into the room and I saw several shocked pirates whom I guessed to be the navigators and of course Law sitting in a chair with an unamused expression; Beppo right behind him. "By the look on your face it seems Rayne-ya has done something, again." Law sighed.

"The bitch knocked into me while I was handling a boiling pot of potatoes. She not only burned her ankles but my hands as well. Oz ordered me to come and see you with her as well." Rick replied.

Law put a few fingers to his temples and rubbed minute circles, "Rick, come over here and let me look at you first. Rayne-ya, sit."

I planted myself straight down into the closest available seat while Rick shuffled over to Law. My ears burned at how displeased Law was with me. He was muttering under his breath as he produced medical supplies out of nowhere it seemed.  I took a chance to gaze at the cook for a moment. His dark and inky hair was covered by a beanie that had an 'R' embroidered on it. He was tall but not taller than Law himself or Bepo. His white chefs' coat was covered in minute stains all over the place but his black pants were immaculate.

Within a few moments Law had finished with Rick and the chef left. Law's piercing gaze drifted over to me and I felt a shiver of fear race down my back. Instead of me going over to him, Law got up and came over to me. The captain kneeled down and grasped my left ankle first. At the first touch I gasped in pain. Law's hand left my ankle within a fraction of a second before his eyes met mine. I blushed and attempted to look away but his hand grasped my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Don't look away. If it hurts I need to know." He ordered in a soft voice.

"O-okay..."

Law began to inspect my ankles, occasionally he'd ask how I was.

"Okay-ow!- that hurt!"

Law gave me an annoyed look, "Well of course it hurt, you have second degree burns on both of your ankles so stop moving and just sit there."

"S-sorry... I didn't mean to make trouble, I honestly didn't!"

"That's obvious but for now just sit down until the salve I put on there numbs up your skin." I sighed and looked at the floor upset, I absolutely hated today,  all I seemed to do was get under Law's feet and make him mad. 

Law returned to his seat and ordered for our course to be set toward the east. My eyes watched as a man with silvery hair poking out of a fedora turned the wheel to the right. By now my legs didn't hurt so bad so I figured that I would get up and see if there was anything for me to do in the kitchens.

Just as I started to get to my feet, Law's gray eyes flicked over to me, "Sit down Rayne-ya, you're done helping anyone for the day." Law remarked. Huffing I sat back down on the chair and tossed a glare at the captain. His usual smirk widened in response.  Propping my elbow up on the arm of the chair I looked out the front of the submarine to see... water...

For about the next... hour I sat there in the seat and twiddled my thumbs. If I wanted to just sit here and look pretty then I should have just stayed at home. I mean seriously I wanted adventure! This was the most boring thing in the world and all I was doing was getting on Law's nerves and sitting here! After a while I just began to incline my head all around to look at the entire room. "Rayne-ya, what are you doing?" Law inquired.

I flopped my head in his direction, "Entertaining myself, why?"

Law grinned in annoyance, "Do you find this boring?"

"Yes, quite frankly I do find this boring."

The captain got to his feet, the shadow from the rim of his hat slightly obscuring his eyes, "Then perhaps I should find something more entertaining for you."

"...S-sure... what did you have in mind?"

Law didn't answer me but rather gripped my wrist in a vice-like manner. He pulled me from my chair and out of the room, careful of my ankles. We went down two metal hallways and then down one flight of stairs to our room. Law kicked open the door before tossing me onto the bed. I hit the plush surface; bouncing like rubber from the springs. I sat up but scooted back when Law began to advance forward, Law was seriously beginning to worry me. "L-Law, stop." I stuttered.

However Law seemed to either not hear my words or he just ignored them. Either way he kept advancing toward me.  I hit the headboard and Law continued on. The thump of his footsteps matched pace with my heart beat for a split second. 

"Law, I'm serious stop."

Law's advance stopped for the briefest of seconds before his hand closed around my throat. His eyes were narrowed almost to slits; the ever-present smirk on his face gone from his face."This is my ship Princess. You do not give me orders, no; the orders come from me and me only. I will kill you if you every try to order me around again, understand?"

I blanched at his words. His tone and even the way he used the term 'princess' in a derogatory manner. I had overstepped a touchy boundary, one that was liable to kill me. "I-I'm sorry Law-."

Law's hand tightened on my throat ever so slightly, "How many times must I tell you it's Captain Law or Captain?"

"S-sorry... C-Captain!" I gasped out.  

Ever so slightly Law's grip began to loosen from around my neck. The return of air to my lungs was gradual but not altogether bad. Law backed off and I fell onto my side on the bed, eyes unfocused. Law came over to me once again in a few minutes. All of the fight had left my body once he'd choked me so I didn't even flinch when he slid his hand under my head to cup my cheek, "This happens with all new crew members so don't think that I'm just attacking you because I have something against you. I just simply don't take orders from anyone." He said.

I didn't reply to Law but rather I stared at him with listless eyes. I didn't care at this point what he was saying I just wanted him to leave. Once the captain deigned no response from me he backed up off of the bed. Turning to leave provided me with a generous shot of his back, "I will allow you to have the rest of the day to yourself since this is your first day, however tomorrow you will be working on something. I'll be back to tell you that dinner's ready." He added before ducking out of the room.

Once the idiot was gone I let out a shriek. Snatching up every feathery pillow I hurled them at the door with the ferocity of a lion. Tears slipped down my face in fat droplets,they splattered down onto the bed, further dirtying the sheets. I had been so close to being seriously hurt. Eventually I ran out of pillows to throw which signified that my vehement tirade was at an end. Lying down on the bed I curled up and closed my eyes, perhaps a nap would put me in a better mood. Sliding a hand to lightly cover my neck I took deep breaths before drifting off.

Law

Law was not in a good mood. The feeling of annoyance practically rolled off the man in waves. His crew parted to make way for him as Law made his way back toward the navigation room. The nerve of that bitch, he was the captain of this crew and he was not about to be ordered about by a prissy brat who didn't even know the name of her neighboring island. 

Kicking the door open to the navigation room Law stalked in much like a predator would and took his seat. Bepo shuffled a bit closer to his irate captain to try and see what was the matter but at hearing the orders being spat at the rest of the crewmates the shy bear backed away. He didn't want to get his head bitten off by Law.

"C-Captain uh... we're going to be d-docking in the n-next two days." Len, the second in command navigator, stuttered. The poor man had his toboggan tugged down to hide his face as he shook in his boots.

"Fine. Make a list of everything that we need and then give it to me before we dock."

"Y-yes Captain!" Len saluted before rushing back to his post.

Law sat down further in his chair with his head propped up on his fist. This day looked so promising and now he was in a bad mood all because of that woman. What was he thinking bringing the daughter of a marine onboard as a crewmember? Oh right, he wasn't thinking with anything other than his dick. Of course he also had that 'in your face!' factor going to. Her father was probably turning over the entire city looking for his precious little girl recently turned pirate.

"Captain, why did you invite Miss Rayne on board the submarine? I mean she can't even walk confidently around the ship. She seems to have little hand-eye coordination and I guarantee you that she doesn't know how to fight at all." Tema, the head navigator, asked while adjusting their course just a hair. Law took his most trusted navigator's opinion in. It was true; this girl was practically useless to his crew. However something in the captain's head told him to keep her around and one thing Law always did was listen to his head. Of course which head was speaking at the moment he didn't exactly know but he was going to just go with it for now!

"Captain?" Tema prompted.

"You're right, she really doesn't know how to fight."

"Is that all you got out of that?" The navigator yelled.

Ignoring his irate navigator the Captain turned to Beppo, "Bepo, you and Shachi are in charge of teaching Rayne some defensive moves."

Beppo saluted the man, "Yes captain!"

Rayne

It seemed that just as I fell asleep the door slammed open. My eyelids peeled back just in time to see Law standing in the doorway with an eyebrow quirked. "Did you have something against all of the pillows on our bed?" He asked. I opened my mouth to say something but shut it just as quick. What could I say without him thinking me to be childish? "Well?" His tone of voice told me that he expected an answer.

"Yes, they were displeasing at the present moment."

"Wrong answer." Law pinned me down on the mattress.

"Would you please just quit pinning me to random surfaces?" I hissed.

"Why should I do that? It seems that you only seem to listen to me when I get angry with you."

"That's not true! I listen to you a lot and I try to do things right but it doesn't seem to work that way..."

"I can see that."

I blushed, "I didn't mean to run into Rick. I mean I was doing really well at what Oz told me to and everything! That was even the first time I've ever cleared off a table!"

Immediately Law burst out laughing. He rolled off of me and had to clutch his stomach from laughing so hard.

"What?"

"Y-you've never even cleared a table off before? How much of a brat are you?"

I narrowed my eyes, "I'm not a brat!"

Law rolled his eyes at me and got up, "Either way dinner is ready so get your ass down to the galley."

Sliding off the bed I shyly caught Law's wrist as he was about to leave the room completely, "Hey La-Captain?"

His eyebrow rose in a silent question.

"I'm sorry... for being... well... useless today."

"We'll find you something to work with. I don't keep useless people on my ship or in my crew."

 "Uh... thanks?"

We both walked out of the room and I dropped his hand. I flexed my hand, his hand was warm... I kinda miss holding it. As much as I wanted to grab ahold of his hand once again I figured that it wouldn't go over well with him. The two of us lapsed into an awkward silence. Lucky for me the short jaunt was over and we both arrived at the galley. Law strutted inside first and I meekly followed after him. I took my usual seat on the left side of Law and sat down. The crew was already chatting as we sat down. I smiled at their jovial attitudes; it was nice to see that they were able to get over earlier today easy enough.

Oz set down the last dish and ruffled my hair to show that there were no hard feelings. Smacking the calloused hands from my head I stuck my tongue out at him. However a familiar tattooed hand entered my field of vision. Before I could even decipher what he'd done, my tongue was caught between two deft fingers in a tight hold. "Rayne-ya, it would be a smart move for you to keep this inside your mouth, you may just get it cut off the next time ya?" Law stated.

I took my tongue back and just put my eyes to glaring holes in the plate.  I really didn't like it when Law made fun of me.  Oz chuckled once more before sitting down next to me. He placed a strong thump on my back which jolted me forward. 

"Dig in ya sorry lot!" Oz called to the fourteen other occupants on the ship. They all dug into their meals while I nibbled at a roll. As much as I was enjoying the taste of the food I just wasn't all that hungry.

For the most part I attempted to make it look like I was eating most of the food. No one really seemed to notice except for the most important person, Law. By now I had managed to displace most of my food by the time dinner was over. The crewmembers started to get up and leave. Just as I was going to go back to the room Law's hand caught me around the wrist, "A word, Rayne-ya."

I sat back down, "Yes La-Captain?"

"Why didn't you eat tonight?"

"What do you mean? I did eat."

Law shot me a look, "You ate bits off a roll and proceeded to push your food around on your plate. I don't know if you think I'm an idiot or not but don't try to lie to me like I'm an idiot."

"I just wasn't hungry."

"Rayne-ya as a doctor and the captain of this sub, I encourage my crew members to eat all of the necessary food groups to keep their strength up and nurture their body. If you don't eat everything your body needs then you will become weak and useless on my crew."

"I just wasn't hungry tonight! I swear I'll eat tomorrow!"

Law's silvery orbs narrowed "Don't use that tone with your captain."

"Then don't get on my case for not eating as much!"

Law surged from his chair with a knife in hand, his eyes dangerous, "Do not order me or I will slit your throat. I've already warmed you once that I will not tolerate one of the crew giving me orders."

I shrunk back and Oz stepped in the way. He must've stayed behind, "Captain, perhaps it's just because this is Miss Rayne's first day and it's been very tryin'. I think the lassie just needs to settle in a bit more! Ya know how it was with Miss Claire and Mister Cyrus came upon board. They didn't eat well until about a month after they joined the crew."

"You had better eat tomorrow Rayne-ya or I will force feed you myself."

Law exited the room and I clung to Oz, shaking. I knew that Law was in no way kidding but I couldn't figure out why he was so hard on me all the time! In fact I really didn't feel comfortable with having to sleep in his room with him. Oz attempted to stand up but with the grip I had on him, he wasn't going anywhere without me in tow. "Come now lass, you need to get off of the floor and at least into a chair." He said. I shook my head and just clung to him. Law seemed to listen to Oz and I wasn't about to let the cook go. "C'mon lass, just sit in the chair here while I go an make ya some tea to calm yer nerves."

Finally I ended up sitting in a chair with a steaming cup of tea in my hands. Oz sat across from me with a few biscuits and a sympathetic look on his face. It was obvious that he was worried about my mental state but didn't want to say anything in fear of me breaking. Feeling a flash of anger I slammed the cup down on the table. I fixed the cook with a glare, "If you want to say something just say it because right now I couldn't care less."

"Why do ya see fit to just oppose Captain Law? D'ya wanna die?"

"I don't oppose him! He just... he's the one with the problem!"

"Captain just wants ta look after his crew and as of today yer part o' the crew. We look out fer each other, that's why we've made it as far as we 'ave. He may seem harsh but I can assure ya that it's just because he cares."

"That's twice he's almost killed me!"

Oz looked at me with an undefinable expression, "Did ya order him around?"

I looked at the table, unable to look at the cook any longer, "Maybe..."

"Well then there is yer issue. Captain Law won't take orders from anyone. In fact he pretty much decapitates anyone who tries."

"Yeah he tried to decapitate me!"

Oz and I chatted for about the next hour before I let out a yawn. I'd hoped that I'd managed to hide that from the observant head cook but alas he noticed. "C'mon lass, time for bed." He remarked. I looked at him in fear. Surely he knew that I already roomed with Law and that given the previous incident he would kill me. Oz held out his hand to me. Shaking my head I moved back from him and latched onto the bottom of my seat. 

Oz made a face at my actions, "C'mon Lass, honestly I doubt Captain will even be in yer room. I'm sure that he's in his infirmary like always." I still shook my head at his words, I was not about to step into that room. "I guess we do this the hard way." Oz sighed.

Before I could even ask what Oz meant the cook fastened his arms around my legs. He hoisted me over his shoulder and began to walk toward the direction of mine and Law's room.  I screeched and ordered him to put me down but instead the cook just bounced me on his shoulder to shut me up. "If ya weren't such a stubborn lass then I wouldn't have ta treat ya like I did my niece and nephew." He ended his sentence with a look.

Hissing I scratched at Oz's back in a last ditch attempt to get him to let me go but it was all for not. We arrived at the door leading to mine and Law's room. Oz knocked gently with his boot on the door but when there was no answer he kicked it open. "Oz he's going to murder me in my sleep!"

Oz set me down on my feet and put his hands on my shoulders, "You're overreactin', get in there and go ta sleep."

"If I die it's on you."

"I will be sure to resign from my post as head chef if ya do keel over."

Rolling my eyes I whipped around and walked into the dark room. Using my heel I smacked the door shut behind me. Shrugging out of my clothes I pulled on my sleeping wear. Walking into my bathroom I turned on the light and went to the sink. Grabbing on the cold water handle of the faucet I ripped it to the left. Water rushed into the basin with a 'whoosh!' that startled me a bit.  Brushing my teeth and face I shut the water off again.

Taking my appearance into account in front of the mirror I yawned, showing my exhaustion.  Humming I shut the light off and went into the main room.  Pulling the covers back on the side I'd slept on earlier I climbed into the soft sheets. Flipping the sheets over my body I took a deep breath and snuggled further into my pillow. Law's scent was all over it and soaking into my nose. I was beginning to like the spicy scent mixed in with antiseptic. It was a strange scent but one I liked none the less. Unfortunately as much as I tried to keep myself awake for when Law came in I felt my eyes begin to get heavy.

Law's Pov

The Dark Doctor sighed and rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands. It must've been hours that he was pouring over medical text after medical text.  Law decided to cool off in the infirmary after his little spat with Rayne. That woman knew just how to push his buttons in the wrong way. In fact she acted like a spoiled brat, which she was. For the first time Law questioned if he should've brought a new member into his crew.

Usually he was completely open to new crew members but this time he was a bit unsure.  Rayne couldn't unload dishes apparently, she couldn't pack them in, she couldn't clear off a table; he was certain that she had no idea how to fight, and not to mention she was probably useless with anything to do with mechanics. Either way there was no chance in hell that Law would allow her to get anywhere near the machinery. Perhaps he could put her on laundry duty but he was a little reluctant. While most of the crew wore the same thing if she screwed the laundry up it could be pretty bad. 

Sighing again the captain got to his feet and stretched. The joints in his back popped pleasantly with sickening cracks. Twisting sideways provided the same results and then he rotated his wrists to pop those. Once everything was put right Law headed out of the infirmary. In truth Law didn't want to head back to the room because she was probably there but he'd done everything he was able to and there was no chance in hell that he would endure taunts from his crew for sleeping outside of his room because of a woman.  Setting his course now Law headed for the room.

Standing outside the door Law raised his hand to knock when he snorted and put his hand down. Why the fuck should he knock on the door to his own room? Pulling open the door Trafalgar walked into the dark abode. Shutting the door behind him the doctor noticed that Rayne was curled up asleep already. She was clad in a really thin night shirt and some shorts to her knees. The blanket was tangled around her legs as her arms squeezed the pillow he allowed for her to her chest. A smirk came to his face, she looked so cute and innocent.

Spotting something amiss Law took her arm gently and peered closer. There was a dark bruise from where he had grabbed her earlier in the shower. She bruised easily, no wonder she was so shaken today. 

Shrugging his jacket off of his lean frame Law folded it and settled the jacket on his dresser next to the bathroom door. Taking off his hat and placing that on top of the jacket he then made his way toward the bed. Pulling the covers back he slid into his side of the bed. He squirmed for a moment to get comfortable before lying still. 

Law must've laid there for about a good five minutes before he felt something curling up into his side. Turning his head in the direction of Rayne he noticed that the female had unconsciously curled into his side in her sleep. A smirk formed on his face as his arm went under her shoulders and pulling her close. It'd been a while since he'd actually enjoyed the company of a woman.

 Not since Samantha...

Law's smirk turned into a frown at the thought of the exotic red-haired beauty that had left him. Her body was amazing and she knew how to drive him crazy with just a kiss. Gritting his teeth Law squeezed his eyes shut to get rid of the images of the beautiful pirate. It was obvious long ago that she would never return his feelings and that was that. It was unimportant now though because Law knew better than to have feelings for a woman. They were just there for a temporary relief of urges and that was that, nothing more and nothing less.

"Law...." Rayne muttered in her sleep as she snuggled further into his side. Law jumped a bit in surprise and looked to see if the woman was awake but she was already asleep. The smirk once again returned to his face as Law then shut his eyes once again to attempt to drift off to sleep. He would tease Rayne mercilessly tomorrow. 

***********************************************************************************************************

OKAYS so this is done ^_^

Anyways BIG,BIG,BIG thanks to Simswimsbob for the lovely reviews! You're awesome thanks so much for taking the time to comment on this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 430 7
They had met one cloudy night, where not even the stars could pierce the darkness that fell over them. Destined to meet almost as if it was a dream...
84.4K 2.4K 50
γ€Ži do not own fairy tail, all of that belongs to hiro mashima- all i own is this story and its plot. i made the cover, though the cover image does no...
20.9K 721 42
lusus naturae (noun)- a freak of nature.'
2.1M 111K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...