Chapter Sixteen

Law's Pov

After spending the night up on the deck Law knocks his way back below deck. Sometime in the night he'd managed to fall asleep on the deck and they'd docked on some island. Stumbling down the steps Law sits down in the galley and slides his hat down over his eyes to ease the pounding in his head. A mug is set down in front of him. Law tips his head up a bit to see Oz smirking down at him.

"Not a word, Oz."

"Didn't say anythin' boy-o."

Law grimaces inwardly at that stupid child nickname, "Don't start."

"Drink yer hangover juice please, I don wanna deal with yer attitude today."

"Is that an order?"

"Ya and I know no one can order yeh around."

Law glares at the man but none the less grabs up the mug and began to down it. The liquid was certainly not coffee and it had the consistency of cough syrup with the taste of dirt. Law never enjoyed drinking this stuff but boy did it work to get rid of his hangovers. Stupid uncle knew what he was doing. Once Law finishes off the mug he settles it down on the table and attempts not to puke at the taste, disgusting stuff.

Sliding his chair back the captain stands up and cracks his back. Walking out of the room he makes his way toward the infirmary to check up on if Sam had awoken or not. Chances are that she had but in the rare account that Sam was still asleep he would have to check over her again to make sure that he hadn't missed something else. Taking a few moments to make himself look less drunk Law then stops in front of the door.

"Sam!" There's a sudden noise from inside the infirmary and Sam's yelp sounds out.

"Ack!-Ace let me breathe!"

Law decides now is a good time to make an entrance, "Mister Ace I would appreciate it if you would not kill my patient by the means of asphyxiation."

Ace's body is wrapped around Sam's, engulfing her. Her thin arms are wrapped around her husband's torso and for a moment Law is jealous. His male pride was playing up in a rather foul way; after all, the Surgeon of Death hated to lose. Still, as soon as it showed up the bubbling feeling was gone and Law was fine. In fact in a way he was glad that Sam wouldn't be a problem in his life anymore and he could move on.

Sam parts from her husband for a moment to look at Law. Her eyes trail over his frame for a moment before turning away for a moment, "Sup Law; it's been a while hasn't it?" Sam said.

The pirate captain grinned wider before dipping his head, "That it has Miss Sam, though it seems trouble is still attached to your hip."

"Eh... yeah I guess you could say that."

"You're lucky you hit my sub, in fact it took me a good seven minutes to resuscitate you. Any more then I would have had to declare you dead."

Sam sighed and got up to face Law, "Then I guess you've repaid one of your debts to me."

His grin slipped for an instant, "Yes but I would think that saving your life would account for two favors out of the way, wouldn't you agree Miss Sam?"

"Hmm... we'll see. But what happened to your ship?"

"You're on it."

"What?"

"Our old ship was damaged in a few storms and battles so we obtained a submarine. Quite an interesting piece, ya?"

"Certainly is..." She trails off.

For a moment there's a tense air about the room. Law is quick to break it, "I need to check you over once more to make sure that everything is good." Ace tenses at the look Law is giving him.