Second Choice

By Sweetfozi

It has always been that way, She always came second Second to her parents, Second to her best friend, Second... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Oops
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 16

1.4K 43 13
By Sweetfozi

Eliana's POV

I know I said I needed someone to save me from the awkwardness but Melissa was anything but the ideal choice.

I almost want to sink right back into the awkwardness.

Not that it won't be awkward with Melissa here.

I just prefer that awkwardness over this one.

Heck, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up third-wheeling.

Again.

"Oh my, Eliana are you alright? I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner I had things to do," she said with a concerned tone which seemed so genuine, I almost believed her if it wasn't for the fact that she's a horrible person.

"It's alright, I'm fine," I said giving her a small smile.

"I heard Alex is keeping you company since you can't come to the dining room and I think that's a great idea so you won't be left alone. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'd love to get to know you more since we'll be seeing each other a lot," she explained.

Yeah, I totally want to spend more time with you so you can glare at me and make me feel small.

Not.

"Yeah sure," I said plastering on a fake smile.

She called over a maid who had her plate and another who had a chair and they kept it for her.

They both left and she sat down, pretty close to Alexander.

Not that it bothered me.

I just didn't want to be stuck in the same room as a third wheel.

A few minutes in and her words were thrown right out the window.

Completely ignoring my presence, Melissa had proceeded to chat with Alexander like I wasn't even there.

So much for wanting to get to know me better.

Like seriously if they both just wanted to talk to each other why don't they just go eat together alone instead of making me sit here and listen to their conversation.

It's giving me a strong sense of de ja vu which was completely unpleasant as it brought back sad memories.

I'm literally stuck in this cycle.

I let out a low sigh, grabbing the book and opening it in my lap while returning to eating, being extremely careful not to get anything on the book, as I dove back into the world I've grown to love.

That's the best thing about books.

They take you to a different world with no worries other than for the character's safety, your favourite couples getting together and what the had guy would do next.

It's much nicer than the real world.

If only I could be a book character.

One that's brave and confident and has many people who love her.

I shook my head to wipe away the thought.

There's no use pondering over stuff that I don't have. It only depresses me more.

By the time I was done eating, I was only a few pages away from the end.

It was so thrilling that I just flew through the story without even noticing.

I lifted my head up from the book to find Alexander and Melissa still deep in conversation, with their plates still half full.

Melissa was deep into telling some story, and he listened intently, of course, being the gentlemen that he is.

His eyes flickered to me, as if noticing I was staring and gave me a small smile before returning to paying attention to her.

I put aside my book and got moved to the edge of the bed, getting off to head to the bathroom.

Halfway there a voice spoke up, breaking from the conversation, "Now where do you think you're going?" Alexander said coming over towards me.

"I need to use the bathroom," I explained.

"I told you to tell me to help you," He said getting ready to bend down and pick me up but I quickly stopped him.

"Don't," I said quickly my hand on his, "Really I'm fine and you've already helped me many times. I'm not even putting that much pressure on it," I said with a small smile and quickly rushed to the bathroom as he made a sound of protest behind me.

I closed the door and locked it before heading to do my business.

Once I was done and was washing my hands, I took a moment to look at myself in the mirror.

My cheeks were a bit pink.

'This is stupid.

And it needs to stop.

Eliana, you can't do this to yourself.

You saw how they were around each other you're a total outsider.

A third wheel.

Don't do this to yourself.

You need to look out for yourself no one else will.'

I reminded myself, splashing some water onto my face and closing the tap.

I limped to the door, opening it and getting out.

By this time, thankfully, Melissa was gone but Alexander was still there.

"Where's Melissa?" I asked.

"She had some important stuff to do so she had to go," Alexander explained coming to my aid and walking me to the bed.

"Oh, the doctor finally sent these for you so you can move around easily," He said bringing to me crutches.

"Oh thank god, I don't think I can stay here any longer or I'd die from boredom," I said relieved.

Being stuck in a bedroom for a lot of time is not so fun.

I mean sure it's nice to not be in contact with many humans and just keeping to myself but it gets stuffy. And I need to able to move around to help myself.

"And here I thought my books were helping with that," Alexander said with a mock pout.

"Oh they are, I just want to be able to move around without being a burden to others," I clarified.

"I know I'm just teasing. And you weren't burdening anybody I enjoy your company," he said grinning at me and I smiled back.

"Well come on, let's test them, you need some practice," He said handing them to me.

"Oh, I'm sure they couldn't be that hard," I said getting up and trying to move around with them, "See? Not so bad."

I walked back and forth, getting the hang of it.

"Yeah walking around is easy, but it might be a bit difficult on the stairs," he said.

"Oh shoot, you're right. With my clumsiness I'd probably fall and land on my face," I replied.

"Nah, don't worry, I wouldn't let that happen to you. I'll be right in front of you making sure you get the hang of it," he assured me with a smile and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Oh you don't have to. You're probably super busy. Really I can manage. I could ask Lisa to help me," I rambled.

"I insist," he said leaving no room for discussion.

"Lead the way then," I said giving in.

He complied moving towards the door and opening it, walking out followed by me.

I took in a deep breath, hoping I don't end up harming myself further or embarrassing myself through this practice.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

So lol I wasn't planning on ending the chapter there but in the light of resent events (me accidentally posting it instead of saving lol) I'm going to have to end it there and continue on a new chapter I guess since quite a number of you have already read it xD

Other than that hi guys! Did you miss me? I know I take forever but as you all know I'm crazy busy.

Literally I'm on spring break but still have to study like crazy cuz two weeks till my mocks and a month till my AS exams like so exhausting.

So I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

QOTC!
What is one book you're really anticipating the release of or just got released and you were really anticipating this year?
For me I'm dying for The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh the sequal to The Wrath & The Dawn which I adored.

Love you guys!
~Fawzia <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Second Chance By rK.

Teen Fiction

472K 28.3K 33
"Shit happens everyday, bro. Might as well forget about it." - 12tH.S. God gives you a second chance for a reason. Either you acknowledge that chance...
3K 37 30
Life was becoming to routined for a rebel like me. Who knew that a one night stand could change my life so dramatically? Now I have a new friend...
912 30 4
You have two choices. Be selfless, or selfish. Break his heart, or your own. Save his career, or your desire. Take your pick.
133K 4.8K 38
"Jess, would you please get his order." Lisa winked at me and pointed the guy near the door. She is my one and only bestfriend since kindergarten...