Cliché!

By OddOneOut

This story is basically spoofs based off of other stories that have way too many clichés in them. They are ei... More

Cliché!: Prolouge
Cliché!: An Awkward Relationship
Cliché!: Justin Bieber Fantasy
mom marryda rly hotguy dathaz2 twinboyz n1ofms avamp 1s a wlf ntey<3me!
Cliché!: My Teacher Wants To Impregnate Me!?
Cliché!: Don't tell Minnie (DELETED CHAPTER!!!!!!!)
Cliché!: Lasagna
Cliché!: The Retarded Bet
Cliché!: A movie star fantasy Adventure! (Start here)
Cliché!: Chance Crawford Fantasy
Cliché!: Alex Pettyfer Fantasy
Cliché!: The Phantom of the Spoof part 2
Cliché!: My life with the Wilbur Boys
Cliché!: Believe me, I'm telling the truth
Cliché!: Dracula 2011
Cliché!: The Smooching Booth
Cliché!: Oh great, another vampire story...
Cliché!: How Girls Think (well, sort of.)
Cliché!: Epilouge

Cliché!: The Phantom of the Spoof part 1

1.8K 25 65
By OddOneOut

 “So, how was your date with Justin?” Christina pestered me. “It was... horrible.” I answered. “You thought your date was horrible!?” Emily screeched. “First off, he kept on farting at dinner, he took my cell phone, and then he tried to fuck me!” I exclaimed. “Any girl would die to experience what you’ve gone through, Casey!” said Christina. “That was a once in a lifetime opportunity and you thought it was horrible?”

“Good morning everybody.” Mr. Hummer, the school dean said over the intercom. The whole class shut up immediately. “For our announcements this morning, Mr. Paisley would like to make a quick announcement.”

Mr. Paisley was the drama workshop teacher and he directed all the school plays.

“Good morning everyone.” Mr. Paisley’s voice said over the intercom. “For our school play, Romeo and Juliet, our main star has been said to not be able to do the show and therefore, we are holding an audition for the part of Juliet after school today. So, if you tried out for a part and didn’t make it, this is your chance! We hope to see you!”

“Oh my gosh, we should definitely all try out!” Christina whispered to Emily and I, as the announcements were going on. “I heard that Craig Valerio is in it!” Emily whispered. Christina silently gasped. “I could totally hook you up with him!” she whispered. “Casey, are you gonna try out?” Emily asked me.

Drama for me was okay. The last time I was in a play was in 5th grade and I had nothing really to do after school. “I guess so.” I whispered. Emily and Christina silently cheered. The only reason I was going to the auditions was because I had nothing to do after school today, and I knew I wouldn’t make it.

After school, we all went to the auditorium. Mr. Paisley, Mr. Kulla, and Mrs. Giry were there. We all sat on the seats. There were a lot of girls here.

“Oh my god, if I get the part of Juliet, I could totally kiss Mike Wendall! He’s like so hot!” Christina was saying to Emily. “I know, it’s too bad he’s going out with that slut, Jessica Anton.” said Emily. “Oh my god, really?” “Like yeah, and she’s like cheating on him too with Derek Shulfel.”

Mr. Paisley and Mr. Kulla were trying to quiet everyone down. Mr. Kulla was an English teacher, I know because I had him last year, and I’m not sure who Mrs. Giry was, but she’s probably Mr. Kulla’s cousin from France. She had a French accent, and I knew her daughter, Maggie Giry, she was in my tech ed class.

“Okay ladies, in case you don’t know us, I’m Mr. Paisley, this is Mr. Kulla, and this is Mrs. Giry.” Mr. Paisley said. “The reason why our diva, Carla Espenta has left is because she caught pneumonia!” Mr. Kulla said. “Carla was a bitch anyway.” I heard Emily whisper to Christina.

“No, didn’t she just leave?” Mr. Paisley asked Mr. Kulla. “Sh, don’t tell them the real reason!” “Well, why?” “Because you gonna spoil the whole story!” Mr. Paisley turned back to us. “So anyway, she... died of uh... constipation.” A girl I didn’t know raised her hand. “Yes?” Mr. Paisley asked her. “I thought you said she got pneumonia!” she said. “Well, I changed my mind.” Mr. Paisley responded.

“Anyway, Mrs. Giry will hand out scripts and when you get your script, turn to page... 39.” “No, page 64.” Mr. Kulla said to Mr. Paisley. “Oh, it’s page 52?” “No.” “47?” “No.” “1,379?” “There is no page 1,379.” “Monsieur, page 56 iz ze page.” Mrs. Giry corrected. “Ah!” Mr. Paisley exclaimed. Mr. Kulla gave her a pile of scripts to pass out.

“Now everyone,” Mr. Paisley said after we all got our scripts. “The first to come up is... you!” Mr. Paisley pointed to a girl I didn’t know. She came to the front of the stage. “And what’s your name?” Mr. Kulla asked. “Andrea Gregory.” She said. “I’ll read the part of the nurse for you.” Mr. Paisley said.

They kept on calling girls up to that front of the stage. I watched as Christina and Emily gossiped. “Oh my god like, I can do so much better than her!” “Yeah I know, she is not gonna get the part.” “I heard that Flora Grey blackmailed Mr. Paisley into giving her the lead role last year.” “I thought that was Marybeth Isaac.” “No it was Flora.”

“Now, you!” I heard Mr. Paisley say. Whoever the girl was, was just gonna be as bad as the last girl was. “Casey, that’s you!” Christina said. “Really?” I asked. “Yeah, go up there!” I scurried my way up to the front of the stage. “And what’s your name?” Mr. Kulla asked. “I’m Casey Williams.” I answered. “Okay, start from the top of page 56.” Mr. Paisley said.

 JULIET

Come hither, nurse. What is yond gentleman?

Nurse

The son and heir of old Tiberio.

JULIET

What's he that now is going out of door?

Nurse

Marry, that, I think, be young Petrucio.

JULIET

What's he that follows there, that would not dance?

Nurse

I know not.

JULIET

Go ask his name: if he be married.

My grave is like to be my wedding bed.

Nurse

His name is Romeo, and a Montague;

The only son of your great enemy.

JULIET

My only love sprung from my only hate!

Too early seen unknown, and known too late!

Prodigious birth of love it is to me,

That I must love a loathed enemy.

Nurse

What's this? what's this?

JULIET

A rhyme I learn'd even now

Of one I danced withal.

One calls within 'Juliet.'

Nurse

Anon, anon!

Come, let's away; the strangers all are gone.

Exeunt

“Splendid!” Mr. Paisley exclaimed. “Go ahead and sit back down!” So I did. “Casey, you did awesome!” Christina whispered to me as Mr. Kulla was picking another girl. “But I could do better!” Emily bragged. “No way,” Christina said. “I’m like, the prettiest girl here. I’m going to get picked as Juliet because I’m hot!” “And you!” Mr. Paisley pointed at Christina. “See, what’s I tell you Em?” Christina stood and flipped her hair.

“What’s your name dear?” Mr. Kulla asked her. “Christina Barker.” She answered. Long story short, Christina did horrible. She kept on screwing up the words and continued to do so with her bad acting. “Good. Go sit down now.” Mr. Kulla said. Christina scurried back to us. “Oh my god, he said I was good! I am so gonna get this part!” she whispered.

“Next is the girl beside Christina Barker!” Mr. Kulla called. “Yay me!” Emily cheered to herself. Emily did just as bad as Christina. “Oh my god, he said I did good!” Emily exclaimed when she returned.

After everyone had a turn, Mr. Paisley told us when we would find out who got the role. “We will announce the winner tomorrow morning at the announcements.” He sounded like a sweepstakes person who was giving away a free ticket to Disney World or something. Then we were dismissed.

“Oh my gosh, I am positive I’ll get the part!” Christina said. “I was like, one of the best there so, I’m gonna get the part.” Emily said. I wasn’t gonna listen to them argue, so I went to the main lobby to text my mom to come get me. Then something strange happened.

It wasn’t like something that ever happened to me before, but it was really strange. It sounded like someone singing. It sounded like, “Wandering child, so lost, so helpless, yearning for my guidance.” I looked around to see if anyone said that. There was no one. Christina and Emily were just a few inches away from me.

“Guys!” they turned to me. “Did you hear that?” “Hear what?” Emily asked. “That voice! You know.” “What are you talking about?” Christina asked. “You didn’t hear that?” I asked. “Maybe Justin Bieber’s gone to her head again!” Emily said to Christina. They both giggled. “No, it didn’t sound like Justin Bieber!” I exclaimed. I didn’t even want to think of Justin. It sent chills down my spine. “It sounded like someone else.” “Well, whatever you heard, we didn’t hear it.” Then they went back to arguing.

Either I was going crazy, or someone was screwing with me. Maybe Emily was right, maybe Justin did get to my head. I really needed to go to therapy to get over what happened between me, Mr. Greywood and Justin Bieber. I didn’t want to think about my problems right now. The random voice was enough.

The next day at school, Christina and Emily were on a graze about the part of Juliet. I was just waiting for the announcement for the lucky girl who got the part of Juliet.

Finally Mr. Hummer’s voice broke out from the intercom. After the other pointless announcements, he finally turned the intercom to Mr. Paisley. “Good morning one and all!” Mr. Paisley said. Christina and Emily were squealing with excitement. “You may have remembered that yesterday I said that the main star who plays the part of Juliet has left us so yesterday, we had many talented young ladies come and perform for us, and...” “Just get on with it!” we all shouted at the intercom.

“Well, anyway, we could only choose one lucky girl to take over the part. You see, we had to search for someone who possessed a great enough talent that we, the directors of the play, were too dumb to realize was there. That girl inspired us like no other and we felt she deserved it. Well, except one person but, we knocked some sense into him by beating him with a hammer and baseball bat and he still hasn’t woken up yet but when we gets out of that bag we placed by the river the other day...” “GET ON WITH IT!!!!” We all screamed at the intercom.

“I’ll just take over from here!” Mr. Kulla’s voice broke. “The girl is... Casey Williams!” Emily and Christina immediately screamed and hopped over to me shouting, “OH MY GOSH CASEY, CONGRATULATIONS OH MY GOD!” “BE QUIET!!” Mr. Kulla’s voice boomed as if he could hear Emily and Christina. They went silent. “That’s better. Anyway, so please come to the auditorium today after school Casey, we hope to see you!”

After announcements, Mr. Greywood came up to me and said, “Hey, congratulations on getting the part.” “Uh, thanks Mr. Greywood.” I said.

Why did I get the part? I didn’t even think I was that good of an actress.

After school I made my way to the auditorium. “Here iz your script.” Mrs. Giry greeted me. “You did very vell at ze auditionz yesterday. After rehearsal, I’ll help you try on your costume.” “Thanks.” I said.

“Hi Casey!” I heard a voice say. I turned to see my friend Gracie running to give me a hug.

Gracie Graddy was a drama obsessed girl. She was Christian and she never swore. But I really didn’t like her that much. She always told lies about herself and she was always bragging about herself to her friends.

She gave me a big hug and I reluctantly returned it. “I heard you got the part of Juliet! I got the part of Lady Montague. I’m really glad you’re in this play!” At least I knew someone there.

Gracie went on blabbering about what’s happened during rehearsals and random stuff. “Have you ever heard of the ghost that lives here?” she said. “What ghost?” I asked. “Well, basically there’s this ghost that lives in this auditorium and like, the most random things will happen.” “Like what?” “One year, a prop randomly broke while the person was using it, and another year a light fell and hurt someone. And the reason why Carla left was because the movie screen fell on her.” “Ouch.” I said. “We call it the Phantom of the Drama. Rumor has it the phantom himself or herself built this place.” I didn’t believe any of this stuff Gracie was telling me at all. “There’s a lot we heard about.”

Rehearsal then began and Mr. Paisley and Mr. Kulla introduced me to everyone before we began. People still had scripts so it made me feel better since I wasn’t the only one with one.

Well, rehearsal wasn’t that bad. After rehearsal, Mrs. Giry took me into the closet where all the costumes were. There were no windows, but only costumes and one giant mirror.

“I shall be back in a few minutez.” Mrs. Giry said. “I must go take care of business. Here iz your costume.” Before she left she handed me a dress, then she left in a hurry.

I was all by myself now. I put my dress on over my clothes. I hate wearing dresses. This one was tight. Not just tight around my waist, but it was just tight all around. I looked at myself at the mirror, I did not look like myself at all.

I started taking off the dress, but then the light lost its power. “Oh shit.” I muttered, and then I continued to undress. When I was fully out of that dress, I headed toward the door. “Don’t go near that door!” a voice spoke. I jumped and said, “Who’s there? W-where are you?” “Look at your face in the mirror.” So I saw the mirror behind me, and there, I could’ve sworn I was hallucinating.

I saw some guy dressed in all black and wearing a white half mask! What the hell!? “I am your angel of music. Come to your angel of music.” He chanted. Was this “Angel of music” supposed to be one of those nicknames for some stripper? It sounded like it. “Uh, are you... a stripper?” I asked awkwardly.

“No! I’m really your angel.” He replied. I walked toward the mirror. The closer I got the brighter and glittery it seemed. The guy slid the mirror over and out came his hand with a soft look on his face.

I hesitated for a second. “Wait! Are there any, vampires?” I asked. “No, why?” the guy asked. “Because I hate them, and not by fear, I mean by annoyance.” “Yeah, me too.” He agreed. “No ones better looking than I am, now will you just take my hand?”

So, I took his hand and he enfolded it in a soft grasp. Then he pulled me through. There was a hallway all lit up with candles. “Wow, I had no idea all these gold candelabra arms were right behind this room.” I exclaimed “Yeah, I got ’em cheap off some beast. You like?” the ‘Angel of music’ asked. We continued through the hallway while dramatic music was playing.

The “Angel” then took me through the high school basement on a horse, then by a ferry, then a stagecoach, then a steamboat, then a biplane with a layover in the fourth cellar, and finally to a gondola.

We finally came to some underground lair. “Welcome to my lair, let me show you around!” the “angel” said. He took me to a wall with all these drawings on them. “My wall of crazy!” he said gesturing toward the wall. “Impressed.” I said without emotion. Then he took me to a diorama that looked exactly like the school auditorium. “My terrifyingly detailed school dioramas and voodoo dolls!” “Okay...” I said. “And over here,” he said pulling me toward a curtain. “Is my best work yet!” He pulled the curtain aside and I was in shock. There was a model in some wedding dress that looked exactly like me! It reminded me of the other Casey.

“Oh my god!” I exclaimed. “Oh, that didn’t work.” I heard the angel say. “Wait, what?” I asked, and then something hit me in the head really hard. I fell back feeling an arm catch me before I blacked out.

Now she was passed out. Good thing I had that baseball bat near me. “Finally!” I said under my breath. Wonder why making a creepy ass model look exactly like Casey didn’t work. It worked with the last girl.

So I caught her before she was about to hit the floor, because I love her. I put my free arm underneath her legs so I was carrying her princess style. I carried her to my swan shaped bed and placed her on top of the covers gently. Did she think I was really some angel? Dude, I was the freaking phantom!

I stroked her cheek with my fingers. By touching her face, it made my heart fly. I then got on the other side of the bed and lay next to Casey. “You are one hell of a beauty.” I said to her. “It makes me want to kiss you.” I hesitated for a second before I gently tilted her head toward me, and kissed her gently on the lips.

“Those other bastards don’t deserve you.” I said. What would she do if she saw my other half of my face? Would she run away, would she die, would she pass out again? The only thing I hoped for was for Casey to not see my face. I couldn’t bear the fact.

Did she already love someone else? Like that stupid teacher of hers or that Justin Beaver boy. I didn’t think so because she really didn’t seem to like either of them, so I had a chance.

Now that I kissed her, it made me want to kiss her even more. So I kissed her again, but that urge still stayed. So then I rolled on top of her and deepened my kisses. I just couldn’t stop. I began to caress her chest which felt good. My mind told me to stop, but my heart said keep going further, so I did what my heart said.

I unbuttoned her jeans and lifted her shirt up a little. My god she was sexy. If only she were awake at the moment, then it’d be even awesomer.

When I finally awoke, I freaked out for a minute because I forgot where I was. But then I remembered where I was and calmed down. When all my senses were finally coming to, everything felt weird. My whole body felt very strange like I was touched everywhere. Well, it was probably just me.

I realized I was on some kind of bed. I scurried out to see that it was swan shaped. “Okay...” I said to myself. “Let’s see if there’s someone still here.” I heard the sound of an organ playing. There was someone here! I stepped out further into the layer and saw the “Angel” playing some kind of song. He turned around to look at me. “Mornin’.” He said.

His hair was a little undone, and his shirt was unbuttoned a little bit. I he took advantage of me then... I went over to him and asked; “How come you always wear that mask?” he turned again to look at me. “That’s none of your business!” he scolded. “Okay, I was just...” “If you dare try to remove my mask, I’ll have to keep you here forever!” then he turned again to finish his piece.

I looked at the piece he was writing. It said at the top, “Don Juan”. Hmmm...

“Aren’t you gonna try to pull my mask off?” I saw that he was talking to me facing me. “But, you said I wasn’t allowed to.” I reminded him. “Aren’t you curious?” “About what?” “My face.” “Well I am but...” “Why didn’t you?” “Do what?” “Pull my mask off.” “Because I’m doing what you told me.” “And what was that?” “Not to take your mask off.” “But aren’t you curious?” “Yeah but I don’t want to live here the rest of my life.” “And why?” “Because I don’t wanna be here anymore.” He stared at me with his eyebrows raised for a minute.

“So, should I... take it off?” I asked. “Sure.” He answered. “If you’re curious.” “I am.” “So, go ahead, do it.” So I did.

I didn’t get a very good look at his other side because he slapped me in the face, really fast. I fell to the ground, covering my swollen cheek. “Goddamn you!!” he yelled. I looked up to see him covering his face, acting extremely violent. “You bitch! Now you can’t ever be free!” he stepped away from me with his back toward me.

“But I—you said...” I started to protest. “YOU CAN NEVER EVER LEAVE MY BATCAVE NOW THAT YOU HAVE SEEN MY ACCURSED RADIATION BURNS!” he shouted. I sat up to see him walking toward me with his face still covered by his hand.

He kneeled down so that he was face level with me, his hand never leaving his face. “Do you fear me Casey?” he asked. I could tell he was dead serious. “No, not at all.” I admitted. “Good, because fear can be changed into love.” He leaned a little bit toward me. “Do you love me?” What kind of question was that? I barely knew him! And he looked 20 years older than me, maybe older.

“Well, I just met you.” I remarked. “Oh, well, that’s understandable.” He responded. “If it makes you feel better, here’s your mask.” I said handing him his mask. He snatched it out of my hand, and turned away from me to put his mask back on. He stood up and put his hand out for me. I took it and he pulled me up.

“Well, guess it’s time to take you back now.” He said. “I thought you were imprisoning me here.” I said. “Well I changed my mind.” He said. If there’s one thing I learned today, it’s: Don’t go into two way mirrors with strange, creepy men!

Spoof of: The Phantom of the Opera; book by: Gaston Leroux; Musical by: Andrew Lloyd Webber

Author’s note: This chapter is funny because at the part where Gracie tells Casey about the “Ghost”; cause there’s a ghost living in my school’s auditorium. His name is Charlie and he owned our town’s coca cola factory a long time ago, so we have this superstition that if we bring coke into the auditorium, something bad will happen, and there’s proof things have happened to people who brought coke. And I think there’s a ghost living in our house now because my sister’s headphones are missing and no one claims to have taken them, and my cousin had a ghost living in her apartment for a while and we thought it may’ve been her ex- boyfriend John who died in a car accident years ago. But anyway, the reason why this is part 1 of this chapter is because I didn’t want to cram the whole story into one chapter, and so I can write more chapters in between the parts because I want stuff to happen because Casey still has a month of rehearsal to get through, so the second part will turn up eventually. If you’re a Monty Python fan, you may have noticed I added in a part that would be Monty Pythonish. It’s in the part where the phantom asks Casey to take his mask off. And I added a teeny bit of transcript from this wonderful masterpiece:

http://m15m.livejournal.com/6231.html

And there’s a video some people did of it in the external link over there on your right! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I haven’t decided on what the next chapter will be about yet but I’m working it out in my noggin! So, until the next chapter, I’ll see you there! J

-OddOneOut

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 538 9
Basically I was writing oneshots and this one.... developed. Into a full blown story. You're welcome Tymia!
20.1K 449 14
All is calm in Ninjago, and Peace is kinda boring. But when a new menace attemps to destroy Ninjago, The Ninja must train harder than ever. With the...
3.5K 76 11
ummm hi? Hi. Yeah ok um this is a fanfic. ALL RIGHTS GO TO RESPECTIVE PEOPLE I ONLY OWN MY OC please enjoy! (Open for requests!!)
302K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.