Insurmountable

By crazy_waffle

Scar was genetically enhanced to be indestructible. She can run four times faster than a regular human being... More

Insurmountable Chapter 1
Insurmountable Chapter 2
Insurmountable Chapter 3
Insurmountable Chapter 4
Insurmountable Chapter 5 (Part 1)
Insurmountable Chapter 5 (Part 2)
Insurmountable Chapter 6
Insurmountable Chapter 7
Insurmountable Chapter 8
Insurmountable Chapter 9
Insurmountable Chapter 10 (Part 2)
Insurmountable Chapter 11
Insurmountable Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Insurmountable Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Insurmountable Chapter 13
Insurmountable Extra [Deleted Scenes]

Insurmountable Chapter 10 (Part 1)

870 23 13
By crazy_waffle

CHAPTER TEN (PART 1)

"Would you like to watch some television?" Camille asked me. Obviously trying to change the topic. I stayed frozen.

Camille's ex-husband was MY creator.

"Mom, we got the television fixed by Uncle Fred." Nikki descended from the stairs.

"Oh, that's right. How 'bout some milk?" She inquired, faking a smile. Beads of sweat were forming at her forehead.

I simply shook my head.

"Juice?" Camille looked away from me, avoiding eye contact.

Again, I shook my head. But this time, I felt my mouth moving slowly and I found myself whispering. "Tell me everything about him."

"Uh..I-I'm really not comfortable with this topic, dear..." Her hands were trembling.

I turned to Nikki and Mia who were on the floor, laughing. "Nikki, take Mia to the park. I'd like to talk to Camille. Alone." I gritted through my teeth.

"B-but..." Nikki tried to protest but I cut her off.

"Now." I said shortly but immediately, their heads turned to Camille. She nodded slightly. 

"Mia, c'mon." Nikki held out her hand and Mia took them while staring at me. Once they stepped out of the house, I turned to Camille.

"I'd rather not talk about him..." Camille said firmly.

"What's his name?" I ignored her and asked a question.

She remained silent while staring at the floor.

"Camille."

Nothing.

I took off my wig and let my flaming hair fall on my shoulders. I removed my glasses and turned to her. 

When she caught sight of me, her breath caught and fear crossed her eyes. "Scar..." 

"Please...I just want to know more about my creator. I'm begging you, Camille. I won't tell anyone." I pleaded her. Her face was filled with astonishment. She tried to reach for the phone but I caught it before she did. 

"There's no need to call the police, I won't hurt you." I said.

She looked away from me and it seems like she was debating on whether telling me or not. Slowly, she closed her eyes and placed a hand over her chest. She let out a heavy sigh and opened her eyes. She looked at me softly.

"Robert Weatherford. That was his name. That was the name of the man I loved, years ago." She said. "I met him in high school. We fell in love, we got married, you know like the usual story. But we never had kids. Nikki and Mia are Patrick's, my present husband."

I listened intently to what she was saying.

"Robert became a famous scientist. He was known for his greatest creation. You." She gestured at me.

"A few months before he died, he told me that he can give me the powers that you possessed. I knew he wasn't the man I loved. A look in his eyes told me it wasn't him. I left him. But even if I did, I never felt pain, I never felt incomplete, it was almost like I didn't need him in my life. I told myself that I was cruel and selfish, but never changed my decision. 

"When they told me that he was found dead, I felt nothing. Not even grief or sadness. I realized I had stopped loving him. I realized that being his wife was only just a responsibility--" She stopped when he heard the door open.

"Mmm, I smell cookies!" A deep man's voice said in a joking manner.

"Oh, that's Patrick!" Camille hissed. "Wear your wig and go through the back door! He can't see you!"

"B-but--" I tried to protest but she stopped me.

"Come back here on Saturday, I'll tell you more." She said, "Now, go!"

I hurriedly wore my wig and practically crawled through the back door. I brushed myself off and realized it was nearly nighttime. I started walking and analyzed whatever Camille said. But she still didn't give me the answers I wanted. I passed through a dark alley just for the fun of it. 

I started hearing footsteps behind me. I kept walking. Poor man, he didn't know I can zap him into pixie dust. Literally.

The alley was getting narrower. I had to move sideways so I can get through.

"Uh...a little help? I'm stuck." The man behind me said. I turned around to see that it wasn't a man, it was a teenager with really curly hair. His cheeks were smashed between two walls and his hands were calling out to me.

"Why should I help you?" I started walking away from him. Then I realized he'd be stuck there all night until someone sees him. I sighed as I yanked his hair until he stumbled out of the alley.

"Thank you..." he said breathlessly. His hands were on his knees.

"Yeah, whatever kiddo," I crossed my arms.

"Wait a minute!" His eyes was instantly glued to mine. "Violet eyes!" he exclaimed.

I suddenly became aware that I left my glasses at Camille's house. Great.

Without warning, he pulled my wig and my red hair spilled over my shoulders. 

"Hey!" I took a step back. Why would he know I wore a wig?

"Scar! Ye-hess!" He jumped as he punched the air. This guy was weird. Very weird. He pulled out his phone and started dialing a number. He placed it near his ear and I can see the excitement in his eyes.

The phone rang twice. "Hey master! I found Scar! Told you I would...Yeah, near Stinky Mikey's place. No, in the alley..." he started looking at his cuticles.

He held out the phone for me. "The master wants to speak to you." he mouthed. I gave him a look but took the phone anyways.

 "What?" I said loudly at it.

"Ah...My dear Scarlett...I see you have found my worthy assistant." A familiar voice said in an old man's voice.

I chucked the phone to the boy in front of me. I didn't want to talk to him. Not after a day of avoiding him.

I continued walking even if the boy kept calling me while holding out the wig I abandoned. I was going downtown when I heard a police car wailing. I'm sure the policeman inside recognized me since he kept honking his horn at me.

He stopped the car and directed a gun towards me. He spoke through his walkie-talkie, calling for backup.

"Oh crap..." I heard the boy behind me mutter. I glanced at him and looked where he was looking. There, I saw a huge wave of police cars racing towards me--well us, if you include the useless boy.

"Put your hands behind your head! Both of you!" The police in front of me said sternly. I smirked but did what he said. It's always fun to play along with your pals.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be kicking his ass off!" The boy hissed. He copied my movements and put his hands behind his head.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"What the heck? You want me to introduce myself at this moment?" He asked. I just glanced at him.

"Hi, I'm Ethan. Nice to meet you." His words were shaky. 

"I'm Scar--" I started but he cut me off.

"I know who you are! Just please, do the thing with your fingers and zap these guys, will you?" His voice cracked.

"Nobody tells me what to do, Ethan." I found myself grinning. This is going to be a very interesting night.

"No talking!" The police yelled. By now, we were surrounded in circle of policemen with their guns pointed at me. One move and they all pull the trigger.

Slowly, I snapped my fingers. And just like that, our fight began. Bullets were grazing my skin. I pulled Ethan's arm and ran.

"I am going to die, I am going to die! Where the hell is Jake!" He kept screaming.

"Shut up!" I shouted at him. I turned around and snapped my fingers again. I missed because Ethan pulled my arm. I shot him a death glare and he just laughed nervously.

"Stop touching me! Be thankful I didn't leave you there to die!" I gritted through my teeth. He nodded helplessly. I snapped again and this time, I hit a policeman's wrist. His gun went skidding towards me, I grabbed it and chucked it to Ethan.

"Use this!" I told him.

"I never used a gun before!" He said.

"Well, there's always a first time for everything.." I smirked at him. We turned around at a corner and I saw a motorcycle coming towards us.

"Jake!" Ethan cried out. I groaned and headed the opposite direction. Ethan continued running and got on the bike.

Jake continued heading towards me and I ran faster. A hand grasped my arm. 

"Get on!" Jake yelled at me.

"No way!" I yelled back.

"Scarlett!"

I grunted in frustration but got on the motorcycle. Ethan was in front of me while Jake steered the bike.

"Ethan! See that black car over there? Carlie's inside! You two need to leave this place!" Jake said over his shoulder. The police were still shooting at us, most of them were driving the police cars.

"What about you and Scar?" Ethan asked.

"We'll be fine! We'll distract the police so they wouldn't follow you!" Jake informed him. I decided to remain silent.

Jake took a sharp turn to the left and dropped Ethan off. Once he got inside the car, Carlie drove at a high speed, making the tires squeal.

"You okay?" Jake asked me. I didn't answer. He turn the bike around so we were facing the policemen.

He faced his palm outward and started making explosions. I quickly followed his blow with an electric charge.

The cars were blown away and it created an explosion. Still, the policemen were still heading towards us. More backup were coming behind us, I tried to electrify them but I couldn't get a clear shot. I moved my legs up and sat Jake's lap. He seemed startled for a while but I looked away from him to shoot at the police.

"No, this isn't an awkward position at all, Scarlett!" he said sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I said but I found myself smiling.

_____________________________________

A/N: Phew! Finally, an upload! I hope it was long enough! Sorry if it took such a long time, This is just part one, part two would come out, HOPEFULLY, next friday? Not sure...

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chappie (I'm still not happy with the result) I would really appreciate it if you told me what you thought of it by commenting :)

P.S. Did not proofread, I regret nothing!

Vote, Comment, Fan!

HEY GUYS! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, YOU'RE AWESOME! ANYWAYS, SEE THAT PICTURE THERE ON THE SIDE? YEAH VIOLETHILL97 SENT IT TO ME BECAUSE SHE'S COOL LIKE THAT :) I THINK IT WAS ORIGINALLY FOR KATNISS FROM THE HUNGER GAMES, BUT I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE SO MUCH I THOUGHT I MIGHT SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558 23 11
(villainΓ—heroine) (Enemies to lovers) (Huge age gap) (Cat and mouse duet) Damon blackwood(32 years old) the crime boss and the leader of midnight syn...
56.2K 1K 22
Your Y/n L/n your have powers but only because your evil mother used you as a science experiment. You have Sonic waves that come from your hands, οΏΌni...
370 21 14
Jake has it rough. There's not really any other way of putting it. He's constantly made fun of and beaten up by bullies, and the fact that Jake is th...
415K 6.4K 33
❝ you promised the world, and i fell for it.❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ scarlett feels betrayed by her e...