Just One Kiss

By Nikole1199

Chloe Johnson was special, even when she was a child. She danced, got prizes, and had an amazing mom. Until... More

Just One Kiss
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: The Council
Chapter 26: The Tests
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: The Final Choice

Chapter 15

1.4K 33 0
By Nikole1199

Sierra and I ran upstairs and grabbed our coats. She grabbed a leather jacket almost matching Alek's, and threw over to me a jean jacket that stopped at my belly. "This yours?" I asked her.

She nodded and slipped on her coat. She straightened out the bottom and watied for me. I threw my hands through the sleeves and straightened the ends of the sleeves.

"Okay. Now wait." She fluffed my hair a little and moved my bangs to the side of my face.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked, slightly uncomfertable.

"Fixing you!" She exclaimed. She dashed downstairs and came back up. "Okay, he's gone."

"Who?"

"Alek!" She said, smacking me in the arm.

"Why do you care? And what was that for?! And what was with my hair?"

"Well I had to fix it before he saw you like that!"

"Why would it matter?! It's not like he cares." I said, slightly pouting.

"Oh, please. My brother's not blind. Or numb. He'll figure it out."

"Figure what out?" I asked her. A raised eyebrow was all I got in responce. Before anything else could be said, I ran downstairs. Was I really that transparent? I mean, if she could tell.....could he?

We walked downstairs and Sierra pulled back my arm before I reached the door. She slipped a lip gloss in my hand.

"Seriously?" I groaned.

"Yes! Now but it on! And remember, you may be a True Alpha, but if you hurt him, I'll kill you." She said. I couldn't tell if she was kidding, not, or half-kidding, but I decided not to ask. After all, he was her family. And family was a big thing to her.

I swiped the pink shiney gloss over my lips and threw the bottle against the far wall. It was a quiet crash, but Sierra whipped her head to look at me.

"Why'd you do that?!"

"Muscle spasm?"

She groaned and opened the door. Alek stood a few feet away with his back towards us. "You know you could get an amazing view from the upstairs." He said.

"Yeah, we know." Sierra said. She dragged Alek's arm into the forest. She linked her arm in mine and we made our way out of the forest.

It felt wierd. I've been in the forest for almost 2 and a half years, and never left. I could barely remember the city. All I could really remember was the Julliard lobby and theater. This would be totally new to me, techanclly speaking.

The last row of trees came into view and I stopped. Alek and Sierra kept walking for a few feet, but turned to face me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah." I lied. I was a little scared to cross the trees, but when Alek held out his hand I gladly took it. He lightly pulled me onto the sidewalk. The sun hit me hard, and it felt great. It was so warm and nice, unlike the sun in the forest which was mixed with the shade of the trees.

We walked down the sidewalk for a while, Alek still holding my hand. I was smiling, watching the people walk by staring us down. I don't know why, but it didn't seem to bother me.

We ended up in front of an arcade. Sierra pulled open the door and stormed inside. I, however, was hesitant to enter.

He walked in front of me and released my hand. "What's wrong?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Promise." He said.

"I've never been in an arcade..." Okay, it wasn't a total lie. The last time I was in an arcade I was, I think, 6.

"Well, this will be interesting." He said, "and fun." He held out his hand, and again I took it. He opened the door and we walked in.

The room was dark. It had low-lighting, and it was loud. Random pings filled the large room. The blue carpet was filled with brightly colored swirls. The cieling was white, but had glow in the dark stars.

We walked around until we found Sierra. She was already playing a racing game. She was sitting in a fake car seat steering intensly. There was a loud crash and she groanded loudly. She stood up and reached into her pocket and pulled out a dollar.

"How much have you spent in that machine?" Alek asked her.

"About $7." She replied while putting in the dollar.

"Wow." He said. Sierra picked a red car and began racing again. Alek lead me to a game with two guitars hooked up to it.

"What's this?" I asked. I picked up a guitar and pulled the strap over my shoulder.

"A guitar." He said matter-of-factly.

"But there aren't any strings." I said. All there were was colored buttons.

"It's Guitar Hero." He exlpained. "You hit the buttons when the same color hits the bar at the bottom of the screen." He selected a song and put on his guitar. The song began and colored circles began floating down the screen.

He started clicking the buttons, and I followed. But for some reason, it wasn't counting my presses. I tried hitting them harder, so hard I think I amlost broke the buttons.

"You have to push the strum buttom at the same time as you hit the buttons." Alek said.

"Strum bar?"

He paused the game and turned to me. "The lever near the end. You have to push that down at the same time you hit the buttons. Got it?" He said with a small smile.

"Got it." I nodded.

He resumed the song and the colors came flying. I tried my best to keep up, but they were to fast. I would hit one every five notes. Soon, the ends of the screen were flashing red. I didn't know what that ment so I kept going.

The circles disappeared. And the song ended. "What happened?" I asked.

He laughed before saying, "We got boo'ed off stage."

"What? Why?"

"Because you suck at this game." He said while smiling.

"Play it again." I said, suddenly determined to beat the game.

"Okay." He said sing-songy. He clicked the same song and it started again. I watched the circle come closer and clicked the button along with the strum bar. It counted it! By the end of the song, I had only missed a coulple. The score sheet showed up on the screen. Turns out, I missed 28 notes.

"YES!" I exclaimed.

"You did it!" Alek said. He pulled me into a quick side-hug. "Wanna play again?"

"Not really..." I said honestly.

"It's kinda hard." He said. He turned to the racing game Sierra was playing earlier. She was gone, so it was open. "Wanna race?"

"Sure." I said smiling. I had drivin a couple times before, but not alot. Knowing me I'd end up driving the virtual car into a wall. Or the ocean, depending on what ever he picks.

He walked over to the machine and I followed. We sat down on the fake car seats, and put money into the machine.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Ready." I replied, determined to beat him.

We picked out our cars. He picked a boring black one, and I picked the red one I saw Sierra driving earlier. Alek chose the course on a beach.

"Try not to hit the ocean." He said with a wink.

The screen circled around our cars. 3....2....1! And I stomped on the gas pedal. My car went flying. Soon enough, Alek's car was right next to me. A curve came along the road, and I ended up sending Alek's car into the wall when I turned.

"Hey!" He protested.

"Sorry." I said.

"You asked for it." He said. He jerked his wheel to the right, and my car went spinning.

"Whoa!" I said.

Instead of a race, our game turned into a battle. We spent the rest of the time beating eachother up.

"Hey, we need to go." Sierra said suddenly behind me.

"Why?" I asked as I turned my car to the left, sending Alek's into the ocean. "I win again!" I threw my hands up in air.

"Okay, this time, you're goin' down." He started pulling more money out of his poket.

"No don't. We need to leave."

"But we just got here." He protested.

"Alek! We've been here for two hours!" She said. "And Julian and Luke just walked down the street. I think they saw me." She whispered in my ear.

"Yeah, we need to go." I said starting to stand up.

"Well, I moved into an apartment just down the street. You guys wanna go there?" He asked us.

I started to say yes, but Sierra cut me off. "Wish we could bro, but we gotta get back home. Our friends are gonna be back any minute and....we just have to make sure their okay." She gave me a look. "Agree! We can't have him with us when Luke tells us how great it is to be a werewolf." She thought to me.

"Yeah, it's getting late." I said quickly looking at the window. To my luck, it was dark outside. "We should go home."

He looked slighty disappointed but said, "You're right. Its like, what? 9?"

Sierra started dragging me out of the arcade. "I had fun though." I said smiling.

"Chloe, wait!" He said running up to me.

"Let go!" I whisper hissed at me. She gave me a look, but released my arm.

"Can we do this again sometime?" He asked.

"Yeah. That'd be fun." I said smiling.

"Cool." He said smiling back. About a second passed, and he leaned down to kiss me. But I couldn't let him. I couldn't kiss humans.

"I can't." I said, putting my hand on his chest stopping him. I felt his heartbeat go faster.

"Uh, that's okay." He said. He ran his hand through his hair. "I'll see you later."

"Okay." I said sadly.

"Tomarrow?" He asked.

"Tomarrow." I said, part of my smile comeing back.

I turned back to Sierra and we walked back to the house. We were at the front door when she said, "Okay what?"

"What?"

"You haven't said a thing since we left the arcade."

"Sorry." I said, pulling open the door.

"Chloe, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I asked turning around. "I can't kiss him Sierra!"

"You've know him for one day." She said. "Emphasis one one!"

"I know, but it feels like I've known him longer then that. And, he wanted to kiss me first. Besides, you were the one makeing sure I looked good for him before we left!" I said.

"Still Chloe. You can't get involved with humans. Let alone my brother."

"You said he was your half-brother."

"He's family either way." She said. "If you kiss him, then you'll have to tell him about werewolves. And I told you I don't want him to know."

"Okay, fine. I guess I won't see him again then." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying, don't fall for him."

"Too late." I said to my feet.

"Chloe-"

"I'm sorry, okay? What do you want me to do?" I yelled.

"What's going on?" Luke and Julian came down from upstairs.

"Chloe fell for my brother." Sierra said.

"What?" Julian asked, eyes darker then usual. "You can't get involved with humans, Chloe. Luke is proof of that. Besides, Sierra made it clear that she doesn't want him to know."

A sudden knock on the door made everyone jump. I, no longer wanting to be yelled at, went to open it.

I twisted the knob and threw open the door.

"Hey." Alek said from outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 247 24
This story is about a girl named Chloe Santiago who recently shifted to a new town called Neverland with her father . Since she entered the town stra...
My life By cherish

Teen Fiction

1.1K 481 19
Caught between a dark past and a bleak future, Chloe struggles each day, searching for a reason to keep living until that day's event, an incident th...
114K 4.3K 30
keaton is adopted by his big sister Luna cassie and her mate alpha kane. there father jude white was abusive towards them but mainly luna cassie as s...
383 38 15
To rescue Clara from a severe storm, Chloe must enter Nature's Hell.