Second Chance At Fate

By AlexisBaldeo12

After being rejected by her soul mate, Emily Keys realizes she doesn't need him or any other man in her life... More

Second Chance At Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's NOTE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 20

12.9K 428 20
By AlexisBaldeo12

          A fancy Italian Restaurant came into view. We pulled up to the front and valet took Cole’s keys and we stepped out just as my parents and Chase stepped out.

“Must be a special occasion,” Cole said as he held my hand.

“The Alpha’s probably announcing something important,” I smiled up at him.

          We all walked towards the entrance and the waiter immediately showed us to our table. I saw a few people I didn’t recognize from our pack but Dex and Chris were there.

“Hey John,” Chris smiled up at my dad.

“Hey Chris,”

“So you’re Chris’s Beta?” an older woman asked.

“Yep and you are?” my dad asked.

“I’m Lauren Scott and this is my daughter Kimberly and my husband Keith,” Keith sent us a polite smile and I returned it.

“This is my wife Sarah, my son Chase, my daughter Emily, and her mate Cole,” my dad smiled as Chris’s mouth dropped open.

“You found your mate?” he asked astonished.

“Oh yeah not until recently though,” Dex looked up at me and smiled sadly I took a seat next to Cole and he held my hand under the table.

“So what’s up?” my dad asked and we all waited for the answer.

“Well I wanted to introduce you guys to your soon-to-be new Luna,” Chris smiled and my jaw dropped.

          I was happy for Dex and she was pretty too. I smiled and then I looked at Cole and saw that  he was tense. He looked down at me and shook his head I rubbed his thigh softly and he seemed to relax.

“That’s wonderful,” I smiled at Dex and Kimberly.

“Yep, he’s mine now,” she growled at me and touched Dex’s shoulder.

“Okay,” I said as I smiled at how pathetic she was for doing that, I just leaned on Cole’s shoulder.

“I’m going to be Luna so that means you take orders from me,” she said and I did not like her attitude and Cole tensed again.

“You won’t be her Luna,” Cole growled and everyone including Dex looked up at him confused.

“She’s in this pack right?” Kim said.

“Not for long, I am next in line to be Alpha of my pack so she will be Luna of my pack,” Cole growled and I rubbed his shoulder signaling for him to calm down.

“Are you going to let him talk to me like that daddy?” she asked looking at Keith, he smiled softly at Cole.

“I’m sure my daughter didn’t mean to offend you,” he admitted.

“She should know her place when talking to my mate,” Cole growled and Chris cleared his throat.

“Who wants an appetizer?” my dad said breaking the tension, I just smiled at him.

          After we ordered our courses I excused myself to the bathroom and walked into the restroom. I was looking in the mirror when I saw Kim walk in and she leaned on the stall with her arms crossed glaring at me.

“Can I help you?” I asked as politely as possible.

“You can stop trying to steal Dex away from me look at your outfit you scream easy!” she growled and I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever I have my mate I have no reason to want Dex,” I admitted.

“Yeah right like that hunk out there would ever choose you as a mate,”

“You’re stupid, mates aren’t supposed to be chosen they are destined,” I said as I continued to look at my reflection.

“Do you want to fight me?” she squealed.

“I prefer not to---“I didn’t get to finish as she punched me in my face.

“Why do girls always want to fight the night you look good?” I sighed as I turned around, my eyes must’ve been so dark they were black I was so close to shifting, but instead I punched her face so hard all you heard was a crack.

          Then I gripped her by her throat and slammed her onto the ground. She didn’t get a chance to hit back as I lifted my leg and my heel swiped across her cheek and she was knocked out on the floor with a big slash on her face. I just shook my head at her and fixed my hair in the mirror and then walked out looking smug.

“Where’s Kim?” Chris asked.

“She came into the bathroom to have a ‘talk’ with me,” I said smirking.

“Oh no, what happened?” Dex asked as he saw the smirk on my face.

“I would get an ambulance if she’s not out in the next five minutes,” I said, I was sure my eyes were still dark.

          Chris jumped out of his seat and Kim’s parents followed as they made their way towards the restrooms. My dad shook his head but couldn’t help the smirk on his face my mom hit his arm.

“This is bad?” my mom tried to sound serious, I could tell my parents didn’t like her either.

“You’re so mean,” Dex mumbled and had a giant smile on his face.

“She accused me of going after you and I explained to her that Cole was mine and she didn’t believe it so she punched first, bitch,” I cursed, I heard Cole’s deep chuckle beside me.

“I didn’t like her,” Cole said and even Dex agreed.

“Dude, I feel bad for you,” Cole teased.

“I guess I deserve it though,” Dex smiled at Cole and I was confused how do boys fight and then become friends the next day.

“You know, you’re not that bad when you’re not trying to seduce Emily,” he said to Dex.

“Sorry, about that man,” Dex said sheepishly and I smiled at the two of them.

          A furious looking Chris walked out of the bathroom.

“I suggest you two leave before things get out of hand,” Dex said.

“Don’t have to ask me twice,” I said as I pulled Cole by his arm and we got the car from the valet and drove off.

          We got McDonalds and sat in the car parking lot.

“How bad was it?” Cole sighed.

“Not that bad I just knocked her out after breaking her face,” I said violently he chuckled.

“The violent you is surprisingly a turn on,” he whispered as he turned to look at me.

“Oh really,” I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively at him and we both laughed.

          I looked at him and he looked at me.

“I actually thought you would feel some type of way about Dex’s arranged mate,” Cole said honestly.

“I told you I don’t think of Dex like that maybe once upon a time I did but now that I have you, there’s nothing left,” I said seriously looking into his eyes.

“You have no idea how cheesy that sounds,” he smiled making me giggle.

          I climbed over and straddled his lap and my heart started beating fast. He placed his hands on my hips as he sighed and closed his eyes leaning on the seat behind him. He looked so perfect there and I couldn’t help myself as I placed a soft peck on his lips. He groaned as he kissed me back and tingles spread everywhere. His hands forced my hips to grind against him and I moaned as he broke the kiss and started kissing down my neck. I put my finger under his chin and looked into his eyes as I leaned in and kissed him deeply. He laughed and I smiled as I pulled away from him. He pulled the seat all the way back so he was on his back as I straddled him.

“Have you ever done it in a car in the McDonalds parking lot?” he knew the answer to that since he was my first but I giggled.

“No---,” I squealed as he flipped us over.

“Now you can say you have,” he smirked as his lips attacked my mark and I moaned this should be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 65 10
Being the new student enrolled at the Academy for Gifted Students may seem scary, but when a girl comes around to help you out, things suddenly seem...
222K 9K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
94.7K 5K 63
Part One to The Mallapers Series. Sequel is completed. For centuries the werewolf population has been at peace. There have been no wars, no conflict...
165K 8.7K 41
SEQUEL to Not Your Luna--The Broken Bond The man I thought I lost in a tragic plane wreck was alive...well physically. He was not the man, the father...