Lucky Heart *Slow Updates*

By NeLjhay_04

Author's note: before reading this, you have to read Shattered book 1 to fully understand the story because t... More

note
Prologue
Part I - The Unexpected Call
Part II-Ayako and Takao
Part III - The Two Friends
Part IV - Flashbacks (1)
Part V - Call me 'Shintaro'
Part VI - The Visit
Part VII - Too Late
Part VIII - The Invitation
Part IX - Flashbacks (2)
Part X- One Afternoon
Part XI - Regret
Part XII - The Visitor
Part XIV - Confused Feelings (2)
Part XV - In Between (Takao)
Part XVI - What is this...?
Part XVII - Unsettled
Part XVIII - Takao's Decision
Part XIX - Chosen Partner
Part XX - Let's talk about it

Part XIII - Confused Feelings?

757 41 5
By NeLjhay_04

"You're really loved by your students, (First name)-san. They manage to get a surprise for you before you transfer."

"Yea, I was really surprised that they put up an effort to prepare everything and do all those things for me." Then you giggle upon remembering their cute faces while their eyes are tearing up. "I will probably treasure their gifts and the memories I have with them. I'll forever keep them in my heart."

"That's sweet, (First name)-san. Those students are lucky to have you even they are a bit difficult to handle."

You let out a soft laugh at it. "Teenagers. Thought they are already old enough to do things on their own when only they're so young and could easily get emotional for some circumstances. They thought everything was so easy but not. All they need is a person who will make them see that."

Your co-teacher just nodded her head in approval, her expression turns soft after hearing those words from you. She was ahead of you when it comes to teaching experience but you prove her wrong. No matter how long you are in your profession when you actually missing the main reason of your field, it's no difference that you are also missing out on the means as a person. You're looking at a different perspective, not only looking at what the eyes can only see. With that, you are able to understand some things that others cannot.

"So, we'll see each other some other time, then?"

"Yea..."

"I'm going to miss you..."

"Me too, Ma'am Sasaki..."

She gives you a kind smile as she embraces you.

"Thanks for guiding me all throughout the year..." you simply say as you hug her back.

"Well, this is goodbye... always take care of yourself okay?"

"I will... thank you for everything..."

"Don't forget to give me a call when you're free."

"I won't, I promise..." you wave at her as you walk out of the faculty room.

"This is it..." you mumble as you walk along the hallway.

You let out a deep breath. "This will be a good start... I hope."

Then, as you finally got out of the school, you take one final look at the place.

You are going to miss everything in this school since the day you moved to this very place. This has been your shelter and your refuge when you were at the lowest times. The students have been your stress reliever every time you remember your heartbreak. They never fail to make you smile, angry when they are at fault for something and sad when they are experiencing loneliness. All those mixed emotions... you're going to miss them.

After a while, you turn on your heels and left the place with a smile.

...Meanwhile...

"I'm Takao's wife."

Midorima was caught by surprise upon hearing it. He cannot comprehend what was happening. He turns his eyes on Takao, who has a frustrated look on his face. "Takao... is that true?" he asked him.

Takao clenches his teeth as he lowers his head, his hands balled into fists. He can't seem to deny it since it's already made known.

Why does she have to be here? - He questioned himself. Then he looks up at her, his eyes piercing to the girl's orbs.

The look startles the girl and Midorima notices it. He's about to say something when Takao suddenly grabs her hand and leaves without even saying a word. He was left alone with full of questions.

'If he's already married, why was he reaching out for (First name)?' - He thought as he stood there, staring at the door they have gone through.

"Shintaro...?"

He was brought back from his senses when he heard the voice. He looks up at the person, his face still looks surprised.

"Are you okay? You seem like you've seen a ghost or something."

With that, Midorima eventually composes himself. "Y-Yea, I'm okay... It's just... Don't mind me..." then he cast his eyes away. "Uhm... how long have you been here?"

"I only got here." She said. "By the way, since that you're already here, wanna eat lunch with me?"

He straightened his back while adjusting his glasses. "I'm sorry, (First name) but..." he paused and turn to look at her.

"But?" she asks, her brows narrowed as she waits for him to continue. "Shintaro...? Are you really okay?" she says worriedly as she walks closer to him. He flinches the moment he notices her walk closer.

He instantly shakes the thought out of his head and slightly took a step back, breathing deeply. "I already ate lunch with Takao..."

"Is that so? It can't be helped then. I thought I could treat you today..." she said, slightly sad knowing that she is not able to treat a friend before going to a different place.

Did she know that... Takao was already married? ­- he thought as he stares at her.

"S-Shin-chan... w-why are you looking at me that way? Is something wrong?" she suddenly asks when she sees that Midorima keeps on looking at her.

He stared at her for a second before turning his eyes away. "I'm sorry (First name)... Just don't mind me... I'm just... thinking about something..."

She only stares at him and says nothing.

"I-I have to go... it was nice seeing you again, (First name)..." he said and was about to walk away

"Wait..." she called out to stop him. "Can I... have a minute with you, Shin-chan?"

His eyes widen up a bit. Surely it's not a problem but he's quite surprised... and her look... it somehow made him a little... uneasy. Also, his heart starts to pound hard in his chest again.

When she noticed him having second thoughts, she just pulled off a sigh. "I guess you can't. Anyways, since we're already here, might as well say it to you." then, she looks up at him while giving him the warmest smile. With that, his heart just skips a beat.

"(F-First name)-san..." he utters out softly, eyes not leaving hers.

Then, she shyly looks the other way and continues. "Today is my last day here and I'll be going to Tokyo tomorrow morning. But before that, I want to make sure that I'll probably say my goodbye to those people I am with while living here."

He went still and somehow, he felt something different. He tried to set it aside but he can't.

He cleared his throat and tried to come up with something to say. "J-Just what time tomorrow?"

"Probably six o'clock in the morning... Kuroko is expecting me on Monday but I decided to leave for today so I won't get into any problems while transferring to his nursery school." She says then she gives a chuckle. "In short, I'm just excited for the new experience I'll be having."

"We're going to see each other again... right?" he can't help but he cannot kill the rising hope in his voice. And he really doesn't know why he's asking such a question.

She looks up at him and smiles. "Of course, Shin-chan. I'm still going to visit for once in a while and when I do, I'm going to invite Kuroko so you could see him too... you're his friend too, right?"

He nodded.

Then, an awkward silence pass between the two. No one seems to know what to say next. But after a while, she's the one who breaks the ice.

"I guess, this is goodbye..."

"Y-Yea..." he says, looking on the other side while adjusting his glasses. "Hope to meet you again, (First name)..."

"Likewise..." she says simply as she looks outside the shop.

"Take care of yourself..."

"You too..."

After one minute, she turns her back and walks out of the place, leaving Midorima with confused feelings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 43.9K 89
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
961K 38.1K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
643K 32.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...