Awakening

By BarbaraPy

This story was previously known as "The Awakening". ~*~ "One... two... three... one... two... three... a mill... More

Chapter 1 - Edited
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3 - Edited
Chapter 4 - Edited
Chapter 5 - Edited
Chapter 6 - Edited
Chapter 7 - Edited
Chapter 8 - Edited
Chapter 9 - Edited
Chapter 10 - Edited
Chapter 11 - Edited
Chapter 12 - Edited
Chapter 13 - Edited
Chapter 14 - Edited
Chapter 15 - Edited
Chapter 16 - Edited
Chapter 17 - Edited
Chapter 18 - Edited
Chapter 19 - Edited
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 - Edited
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fans Covers

Chapter 47

2.8K 210 13
By BarbaraPy

"Save Me"

She sat on the bed and sighed. Her hands were on her knees as she caressed her legs. When she turned her head to see the door close, she saw him standing and looking at her with a tender smile. "I will be here, dont worry... you need to rest... "

He pulled a chair near her and sat there watching her. She laid on the bed not breaking their eye contact. "Go ahead... sleep a little... "

"I am not tired, although I think I should be... I just... feel drained..."

He nodded and she sighed again, closing her eyes trying to have some sleep. Under the darkness and silence she focused on her own breathing and the almost undetectable heartbeat of Amra. There was so much to digest yet, and the more she thought about what she had forgotten the more frustrated she would get. She opened her eyes again and looked back at him, he had not moved an inch and was still staring at her. She felt goosebumps on her skin and blushed. "Everything ok?"

She nodded and closed back her eyes. She heard him get up and felt him sitting next to her, causing her to open her eyes wide. "What is wrong? tell me what worries you... I feel helpless like this... not knowing how I can help you."

She sat on the bed; having him so close to her, just at her knees and a breath away, made her unease. "I just feel strange... "

"What do you want me to do?"

"Can you... lay next me?"

He smiled and kicked his shoes off, crawling to her side and resting his head on his arm as he watched her slide back down onto the sheets. She smiled and closed her eyes again, this time she felt herself slowly drifting to sleep.

In her dreams, she saw a young girl pouting as she watched her cake melt. Another girl was laughing and several more joining her, but only one walked to her and hugged her saying "we will just have to eat it fast, and get a new one tomorrow". As easy as that, her pout became a smile and both girls started to eat the cake and watch all the other girls look in surprise.

She opened her eyes and rubbed them as she grew accustomed to the dim light of the moon and stars through the window. When she turned her head to the side of the bed, she saw Amra resting with his eyes closed. She frowned a bit and slowly sat on the bed; there was something, her instinct maybe, telling her that he was just pretending.

"Why am I not convinced that you are sleeping at all?"

He chuckled and opened his eyes to look at her. She blushed immediately. "I am just resting, but you are right, I do not sleep."

"Oh... did I interrupted you? I am sorry... I am being inconsiderate with you..." She sighed "I really thought you were just pretending to be asleep..."

He shook his head and sat next to her, slightly turned to the side so he could face her. He took her hands in his and gently massaged them as he spoke. "I know it is hard for you to understand a lot of what is happening around you, even if you are trying to get it all in your system, don't... it will overwhelm you... you tried that once and it was too much for you, you almost had a breakdown. But do not worry about me... the only way for me to be harmed is by hurting you... and by all means I invite anyone to try... I am prepared to banish anything and anyone who wants to attempt such thing."

"So... we really are married..."

He closed his eyes and chuckled, then nodded and opened his eyes again giving her a smile.

"It must be difficult for you to see me like this... unable to recognize you..."

"It is hard, I miss many things... but the fact that you feel you can trust me, which allows me to be close to you and keep you safe... that is all I need for now."

"Can you promise me that you will tell me if I am doing something wrong?"

He lifted a hand and caressed her face making her shiver slightly. She blushed again and tried to look down, but he lifted her chin up and made her look at him. She was breathing heavy.

"What can you possibly do wrong? I have such trust in you... I know you will never do something to harm me or those close to you."

"But... I don't remember who are those close to me... how can you trust in me like that?"

"I love you, I am blinded by that..."

He closed his eyes and sighed, she felt her heart ache when he was reflecting the slightest sadness, she lifted her hand and tried to caress his face, making him open his eyes to look at her.

"I do not remember you... but I feel how important you are to me..."

"You mean so much to me..."

"I guess I do... you are the only one I feel I am safe with..."

"Thank you..."

She took a deep breath and looked at him with a warning.

"Stay still... please..."

He nodded and did not move. She slid her thumb to his lips and caressed the contours slowly, he held his breath and his eyes grew wider. She looked at his reaction and continued to caress his face, his nose and then his forehead, getting familiar with him as she did. He was like a glowing statue under the light of the night sky. She kneeled on the bed and under this position reached closer to him, both of her hands now on his face as he was now looking up into her eyes. She was examining his face, the shape it take as he looked at her. When her thumb went back to his lips, he parted them and breathed heavy.

"...are you ok?"

He nodded and closed his eyes, she caressed his now open mouth as her other hand caressed his neck. "I want to... try something... can I?"

"Yes..." he whispered without hesitation, and keeping his eyes closed he felt her getting closer. She wasn't really thinking on what she was doing, but she wanted to feel what would it be to be even closer to him. She closed her eyes and slowly brushed her cheek against his, her body reacting in a million ways, her pulse grew stronger, her skin slightly hotter, and her head dizzy with the sensation of his closeness. He was tense and became stiff as she parted away and looked at him worried.

"You are not ok... you are suffering... I can feel that..."

"I am..." he sighed "You have no idea how much I am controlling myself..."

He opened his eyes and looked at her only inches apart. She felt confused and sad. "Controlling yourself? from what?"

"From scaring you..."

"Why would you scare me?"

"I could devour you right now..."

She was red and shaking at his words, she didn't need any further explanation for what it was obvious now, his intentions were clear. She swallowed hard and kneeled closer to him.

"I am not afraid... I don't know why... should I be afraid?"

"I... honestly don't know how to answer that..."

"Why...?"

"Because I miss you too much to be unbiased with my answer..."

She closed her eyes and leaned closer to him, resting the side of her face on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her tightly without hesitation and kissed the top of her head. She shivered as her body felt tingles all around, she gasped and pulled back to look at him.

"One more time..."

"One more time what?"

"Let me try this... one more time..."

He was not so sure but he nodded and watched her come closer to him, her hands both on his face holding him firmly. Then it happened; she closed her eyes and pressed her lips on his. He was still shocked but his arms reacted instantly, he was holding her tight, kissing her back with passion. She might have wanted to just test their lips together, but it was too late for that now; their lips felt like magnets, both strongly attracted to the other. She was parting her lips and her tongue was caressing his, her own body floating on a sea of sensations she felt both familiar and strange at the same time. His hands now were on her face holding her as she was holding him, their lips merged as she leaned more to him. He only pulled back when he realized she wasn't; they usually had to stop for a break for her to catch her breath. When he gently pulled her, she was blushing and looking at him with surprise.

"Oh... I am so sorry... I do not know what came to me... I am..."

"Stop... don't apologize... it is ok..."

"Then... why...?" she asked ashamed.

"Because I don't want to harm you... and before our wedding, I had to always be careful... not to harm you..."

She looked down and pulled away, he panicked and tried to bring her back but she avoided him and got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom. He watched her go in and close the door. During the endless minutes she was in there, he felt as if he couldn't breath.

Inside the bathroom she watched herself in the mirror unable to recognize the face that was staring back at her; she turned the water on and looked down. What did she want to do? what could she do? Now more than ever she knew she felt her world turned around that person inside the other room; he was not only her husband, he was more to her. No, he did not rejected her, he was genuinely concerned on her, so why did she leave his side? She was scared and now wanted more than anything to turn back the time and stay with him in bed. He was both a stranger and the only thing that really felt familiar and safe; her body reacted in ways she didn't know she could feel when she was close to him, only her mind was stopping her now. She realized that she had to go back to him, and turning down the water she rushed to open the door and walked back to the room.

He was standing facing towards the window, she gasped at the sight of his body naked shining between the moon and the shadows. He tilted his head slightly to the side only as a sign of recognition at her presence, and as she gave a step back, she felt the bathroom door closing and offering her a place to lean on.

"If you really want to see me how I am, if you want all of me, I won't deny you that..."

He closed his eyes as he looked towards the window again, lifted his chin and spread his arms only a few inches away from him. His back was in the dark, yet slowly a glow started to form in the upper center, illuminating vaguely his skin as it started to glow stronger. She put a hand up to cover her mouth as she watched a strange form of wings materialize under her own eyes.

"This is me..."

He dropped to his knees and his head now bowed as he remained in silence. She had tears in her eyes as she finally started to walk closer to him, staring at his strange wings. When she reached him, she felt the soft touch of his ethereal wings against her legs; the gentle caress made her blush as she walked around him to finally face him. She kneeled as well and took a deep breath before she closed her eyes and leaned closer to him, resting her head on his chest. As she was expecting, his arms locked around her immediately and she almost cried at the intensity of her own emotions. Her half open eyes caught a glimpse of his wings waving a couple times more before disappearing again in the air, he crushed her tightly to him and she whimpered, making him quickly let her go and she shook her head. She climbed his chest up rushing her lips to his. The kiss became a life rope holding both together; she digged her fingers on his back and moaned as he lifted her whole body while standing up, her feet free on the air hanging as she held tightly to him, like if her life depended on it. He gave a step and leaned on the bed with her, lips never breaking apart, they devoured each other in kisses. There was a moment where she almost lost her breath but that moment never came. His kisses were a wave of heat to her body as well as a breath of life; she was shivering at his touch and he kissed every inch of her body, hearing new sounds from her, a new person or the same, she was everything to him and he was everything to her. There was an overwhelming sensation of completion in her, it scared her, it thrilled her.

At her room, Vanessa was waking up from a strange dream when she found Pronab breathing heavy and fast, his eyes closed as if he was dreaming, but by the state of him, it could very well be a nightmare. She laid a hand on his chest, worried, but he didn't move. They hadn't reach to a point of intimacy yet, that event on the living room was the closest they got, but he insisted on going both to sleep together and she was getting infatuated by him, he was over protecting her a little but feeling his arms around her as they both laid on the bed, with no other intention but to rest, was what finally won her.

"Pronab? are you... ok?"

She gently moved her hand on his chest slowly, trying not to wake him up abruptly. She noticed he was sweating and as if in a trance.

"You are scaring me... please..."

She started to back down and was about to get up of bed when his hand grabbing her wrist tightly brought her back close to him; he had his eyes locked on her and still breathing heavy. They stared at each other silently.

"I thought... you were having a nightmare or something..."

He nodded slowly, not taking his eyes out of her.

"Are you... ok now?"

He nodded once more and closed his eyes, sighing. He didn't let her go and she was uncertain of what to do, so very slowly, she laid on his side and rested her other hand on his chest. There, sideways, looking at him, she started humming a song softly. He opened his eyes to look at her taken by surprise, but she had already closed her eyes and was caressing his chest slowly as she hummed the unfamiliar lullaby. It was a soothing melody, he slowly started to breath calmer, and the tension on his face and body reflected a newfound peace. After a while, he closed his eyes and softened his grip on her wrist. Finally he could let out some words.

"There are things... that should be left forgotten..."

"You were reliving things from your past?"

"Yes... things I was supposed to forget..."

"...and why do you remember them now?"

"Many things changed since Caly came into our lives, one of them was that... when I was casted away from my own kind, I was cursed to forget, and my story erased from the records... yet I had to remember... some things... like when I met Caly's parents, they met in front of me..."

"So it was for a good reason... and that doesn't sound like a bad memory to have..."

"I can't control the other memories that come back after... I was a bad Angel Nessa..."

She got quiet and just caressed his chest slowly in silence. He slid his fingers to hers and closed their hands together, pulling them to his mouth to gently kiss the back of her soft hand.

"...did you came to save me?"

She blushed and smiled at him, shaking her head.

"Perhaps I am not your saviour... will you be happy if I was just... a companion?"

His eyes enlightened with her words and he nodded.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...
9K 461 48
(READ ALL BEFORE STARTING BOOK) This is unedited. After the death of a 24 year old girl she's reborn, but the world around her seems different. Not...
2.7K 143 31
"Why are you late?" He questions, sounding exactly as I remember "You know, traffic." I apologize, making a turn to trudge to him majestically. "If y...
31 0 14
Seraphina and Draven have a unique past that neither even knows about...another life another time...several in fact. They were unknowingly betrayed d...