The Ex-wife of the Billionaire

By ScrivereMagia

The Ex-wife of the billionaire- Sounds pretty cool, isn't it? But living life after that is not as cool. Brid... More

Synopsis
Prologue: Ex-wife
Chapter 1: New Start With Old Memories
Chapter 2: Mommy Will Not Share Cooties With You
Chapter 3: You don't know you.
Chapter 4:The Long Lost Princess
Chapter 5: Sneak Out.
Chapter 6: Samuel.
Thank you!
Chapter 8: Bridget.
Chapter 9: Oh, Sofia!
Chapter 10: Valery's Heavenly Food.
Chapter 11: They Are Back.
Chapter 12: Why Did You?
Chapter 13: All Set
Chapter 14: Again
Chapter 15: Where am I?
chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter: 22
Knowing Gabriel
Chapter 23
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26
Sequel and teen fiction.
PUBLISHED!
SEQUEL: WAITING

Chapter 7: Edward Meet

97.4K 2.3K 142
By ScrivereMagia

Last night my slumber was ruined by particular someone in my heart. I continuously kept tossing from one side of the bed to another, due to constant nightmares that invaded my mind.

I massaged my temples to get rid of the pounding in my head whilst trying to keep up with others.

I bolted towards where Alejandro, Valery and Ivanna were standing waiting for me when I noticed, I was walking slowly falling behind.

"Are you okay?" Valery asked with concern written all over her small oval shaped face in the moment I reached them. I nodded at her in an assuring manner and performed some jumping exercises to prove them I am fit and fine. They gazed at me as if I had grown two heads while I grinned widely.

We were at a mall doing 'early Christmas shopping' even though Christmas was almost four months away. Alejandro did not want to enquire me in palace raising some suspicions. He wanted it to be as private as it could be, and close the case before it could open. We just made a stupid excuse of shopping to get some 'our' time which consisted of me, Ivanna, Alejandro and Valery.

"This has the best dresses ever" Ivanna yelled, dragging me towards some boutique. The name of the boutique was not quite clear to me as I just managed to get a glimpse of it. I observed Ivanna was a radiant girl emitting light wherever she steps. It's in her nature to grab everyone's attention and as I thought, the same thing happened. As soon as we stepped into the boutique, nearly 4 sales people surrounded us due to her screams of appreciation towards their designs.

"Would you like to try it mam?" the salesman asked me when I approached a purple colour dress which caught my attention among the plethora of breath-taking dresses.

"Could you take it out for me?" I asked him politely. I studied the details of the dress when the sales person started to remove it for me to try on.

I've been on shopping 2 times after my hangout with Sein and I must accept that my choices since then had improved. I let myself into the dress and a goofy smile took over my features when I stared at my reflection. The lace of the dress smothered my hands till elbows and my waist was wrapped by a belt.

I stepped outside and twirled around praying that the others will approve my dressing sense.

"Argh...you look incredible." the girls gasped and shrieked at my sight. I saw Alejandro's lips twitch up a little, which means he too approves of this.

"We are definitely taking this." Valery finalised. We left the boutique after purchasing some more clothing for mom, Valery and Ivanna.

"So, how about we go to food court and discuss what happened?" Alejandro suggested with blank eyes.

********

We seated ourselves around the table and ordered our desired food. We were about to start the stupid interrogation by over-reactive Alejandro when an annoying voice interrupted "I always knew we'd meet again."

I whipped my head just to glance at the devil, my saviour, from the other day.

"And who might this be?" Alejandro raised his eyebrows in question.

"Hello, my name is Edward." He introduced himself to us.

"Will you leave now" I glowered at him. He proved again that I was very much incapable of pulling an intimidating look on my face by not flinching when I glowered at him.

"This is not the way you speak to your saviour, I suppose." he smirked in my direction his eyes twinkling knowingly.

I bit my tongue and held back the urge to snap at Edward when Alejandro interrupted "Saviour? What is he talking about?" he directed his question towards me.

I explained all the events happened yesterday to Alejandro witnessing his changes in expression for every scene. I didn't allow the idiot to butt in the conversation with the fear of him adding unnecessary details and making him the hero of the scene, which he was. In the meantime, Edward made himself comfortable by seating himself on one of the chairs.

"Thank you for saving our Pr-" I elbowed him on time from spitting out princess.

"He doesn't know that I am a princess and we didn't make an official announcement yet." I hissed in Alejandro's ear.

"Never elbow me again, it hurts," he winced in pain shooting a glare towards me and quickly turning back to other three set of eyes. I glanced under the table as he placed one of his palms on the spot I elbowed him and started running his hand in soothing circles in that area. I never knew I could elbow too.

"Anything wrong there, bro?" Edward raised his eyebrows in question when he sensed the twisted features of Alejandro.

"I am perfectly fine. Well, thanks for saving Sofia." Alejandro smiled tightly causing Ivanna and Valery to raise their eyebrows as Alejandro always addresses me as princess Sofia.

When Ivanna and Valery looked at me I typed them a message about keeping my identity secret from Edward and there was no need for him to know about me. They understood the message and all three of us kept our mouths shut while men discussed the man who attempted to kill me, his appearance and weapons he carried.

I zoned out their conversation and started checking out the outfit Edward wore today. He covered himself with a tee and jeans. His hair was messy as the other day, I wouldn't be surprised if he reveals that he did not comb his hair. His eyes were a lighter shade of purple and he wore a watch on his right hand. Men who dress nicely often leave a good impression on women. I'm one of those women.

"Done checking me out?" Edward smirked bringing me out of thoughts.

"Yes," I replied smugly resulting him to raise his eyebrows.

"You admit you were checking me out then?"

"Yes. I do. What's wrong in checking out what you are wearing?" I mused out confused.

"I assume you are American," He said brushing off the earlier topic.

"And how do you know?" I asked.

"Accent darling," He smirked flicking the light bulb of my brain. My thoughts often weren't logical as to what a person meant. I realized even he was not Spanish. His accent was unique among us.

"Where are you from?"

"Denmark," He replied.

"Shall we go then?" Alejandro butted in conversation which was going smoothly without any witty remarks.

"We shall," I said.

"Nice meeting you and I know we will meet again." Edward spoke out with a smug expression on his face, his eyes held confidence that we would meet again.

"Oh, the feeling isn't mutual and no, the possibilities of the meeting are rare this time." I gave him a sickeningly sweet smile and followed others who already advanced towards the exit.

***********

"I am going to investigate using the details given by Edward today. You ladies go and freshen up," Alejandro said once we were in the palace.

"But it's waste of time. You can take this matter into your hands if something will go wrong next time." I reasoned out with him. Maybe he mistook someone for me. According to me, no one had intentions to end my life or would ever have.

"Next time? are you kidding me, princess? do you actually think there will be the next time.? Your father appointed me to look after you not to wait for 'next time'" he quoted using his hands. This was the first time I witnessed him losing his cool and act like a caveman. He was always in his senses in the period I had known him.

"Okay. Do as you wish." I sighed deeply and stomped towards my door like a spoiled brat. I pushed my door open roughly causing a bang sound and threw my bag on the bed. I was surprised by the strength in my arms when the door as heavy as that banged the wall. Maybe my anger got the best of me.

"Are you angry at him?" Valery casually walked into my room and plopped herself on the bed.

"Of course not." My sarcastic tone took over me. Valery cringed a little from the tone but still continued "You know he did not mean to shout at you like that. He is just worried over the fact that someone tried to kill his princess." she mumbled which was audible enough for me to comprehend her words. Her head was hung low and she was fiddling with her fingers. The signs of her nervousness were evident in her posture. She was here to cover up for Alejandro.

"You are right. I should not have got angry so quick." I seated myself next to her on my bed, legs folded in Indian style. She did make sense. It was Alejandro's job to protect me no matter what. He was just trying to justify his job and who am I to stop him from doing that.

"Maybe a coffee would brighten up someone's mood I guess." Valery wondered out loud. That got my attention, my ears perked up when I heard her say that. My features brightened instantly at the mention of coffee.

"Yes yes. Bring it to me." I shooed her out of the room for an early coffee.

My body was full of energy yet after 4 hours of shopping at the city mall. I searched for a source of entertainment till Valery re-enters my room. I usually spent my time reading magazines for the latest news, gossips etc.

I turned my body in the direction of my night table. I bent and opened a cabinet which contained the latest magazines brought to me by Sein. The guy helps me a lot with some things. He is like a gay best friend who is straight. We go shopping together, style our hair and sometimes we watch gossip girl and make fun of the characters in the series.

I picked Vogue Spain to see some gossip that was making rounds all over the country. First came across the news of Kardashians who never are out of the limelight. I flipped through the pages devouring the news of each celebrity when my eyes stopped on a particular page.

'Samuel Anderson, Billionaire from New York city is reportedly going to visit Madrid soon to discuss some matters regarding his new venture in Spain. King and Queen will be receiving him by the end of this month. The Billionaire who just gave up his Most Eligible Bachelor title by proposing Alice Montana a week back....."

The magazine abruptly fell on the bed from my hands after the last line registered in my brain. My hands were shaking a little in their position and my vision blocked when tears pooled in my eyes. My bottom lip quivered a little trying to control the sob which wanted to leave my throat.

Finally, a single tear rolled down my eye which was followed by another, then another and they were spilling continuously. I started sobbing loudly when I recovered myself from the shock of the news I received. My shoulders heaved up and down when I buried my head in the pillow and continued my crying.

"Sofia, Sofia. What happened? Why are you crying?" I heard the soft yet worried voice of Valery. I heard her placing something on the nearby table which I assumed was my dear coffee and her footsteps neared my bed.

"Why are you crying? Just please say me...." Her voice begged while her hands were shaking my shoulders in an attempt to lift me up.

I finally let myself up after 3 minutes of bawling like an old woman who lost her husband.

"Samuel, he-he is now engaged to Alice and he is visiting Spain too. Most probably will live in this palace." I spat out between cries of pain. The feeling of dread washed through me when I registered that I'll be meeting him soon. At the same time, my heart clenched when I realised he is engaged to Alice. Two arrows at once.

"What about Ethan?" I whispered my eyes wide in shock. How could I be so ignorant about Ethan? I couldn't let Samuel let to know about Ethan.

Valery brushed the strand of hair from my face and wiped the years using her right hand. "Don't worry you'll get through this and it's time that you move on from that moron. There are still fish in the sea you know- I giggled when she mentioned that- and as for Ethan we all are here for you." She locked me in her embrace giving me a sense of comfort and relief that she was here with me and would be in future as well.

"Now..... What about the guy from the mall?" She pried in the matter I didn't like to open.

"What about him?" I tried to be nonchalant without displaying my distaste towards Edward.

"He was talking about seeing you again right?"

My eyes widened starting in her direction "you heard that?"

"Well, I did. Will you meet him again.? He is hot you know?" She said shrugging and making herself comfortable beside me.

"He is full of himself and he smirks a lot," I said waving the topic off and taking the cup of coffee which was placed on the night stand.

"Oh common. Don't girls often like the rude guys?" She tried her novelistic side of the brain with me.

"Says the girl who is head over heels in love with a grumpy old bodyguard of mine." I snorted.

"Hey, Alejandro's best." She defended that emotionless statue currently down the hall for the second time today.

"Oh, he is? So tell me what happened after I left the palace yesterday? How did your make out go?" I teased her wiggling my eyebrows and smirked at her successfully diverting her attention towards another topic. A blush rose to her cheeks when I mentioned her hot session with my grumpy guy yesterday.

Her eyelashes closed on their own accord blocking the view of her hazel eyes and a blissful sigh left her small lips. Guess she is imagining the session from yesterday.

"The kiss was....." I half heard her description of devouring the mouth of Alejandro and half concentrated on the coffee which was arousing my taste buds. Ew. Where did I make that line from?

".... Then he said that we need to discuss this later and I'm waiting for the later to come" she sighed after her long speech which started off as exciting and her shoulders slumped in disappointment by the end of her explanation.

"Hey don't worry okay? Everything will turn out well. I'll just punch his head to put his brain right on track." I tried to lighten the mood up which I knew I succeeded in doing so when a giggle left her lips and her features brightened a little.

My phone went off interrupting our sad talk.

Mom calling....

"Hey mom, how are you?" I had got used to the idea of mother and father in the last two weeks.

"Hey sweetie, we just want to inform you that I'll be home by the end of the day and also we are going to receive someone important tomorrow." My heart beat fast in my rib cage and my silent players were teaching god hoping that it's not Samuel.

"Who is that mom?' I asked curiously.

" Samuel Anderson... "

*****

Sorry that I took a week to update... But it's finally here. YippEE

VOTE AND COMMENT

let me know how was the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
392K 10.9K 47
Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ever puts his interests before hers but ab...
13.5K 1.8K 36
In a world full of unexpected tons of betrayal,A family divided by the thirst of Title, Abdoul-jabbar tawfiq shehu Malumfashi found himself. Growing...