Disguise

By ARyding

'Once upon a time.' 'And they lived happily ever after.' Fairy tales. Princess stories. The tales your dad te... More

Disguise
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Information about One Shot!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 & One-Shot Results
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
epilogue

Chapter 8

21.1K 417 83
By ARyding

This is Arabella's ring! I LOVE  this ring! I think it's perfect for the story!(:

Ch. 8

ARABELLA’S POV

“This is Lisa Maire and she is our new publicists.” My mother says nodding to a tall brooding lady with grey hair that was perfectly cut and was wearing a suit that was ironed so much you could probably cut yourself on the creases.

We- my parents, Demtri, Demtri’s parents, and I- were all sitting in a small living room waiting for the press to get here so we could start our press conference. I was bouncing my legs up and down where I was sitting because I was nervous, today would be the last day that I would ever be known as the single princes- from now on when everyone would think about me they would think of Demtri.

“Where’s our old publicist?” I asked, before we had a nice middle aged woman who actually understood me a little and I could tell she felt bad for me and I defiantly like her better than I would probably ever like Lisa Maire.

“I decided that a change would be good.” My mother shot me a glare telling me to not bring it up again.

I sighed but didn’t say anything else- my mother went through maids and servants like there was no tomorrow and it was really annoying!

“Ok today I want to cover two things that the press will definitely talk about at the press conference- Your engament and your birthday party tonight. Happy birthday by the way Arabella.” Lisa Maire said glancing at me quickly, “So first things first we need a plan.”

What was sad was that was the second happy birthday I had gotten so far today and it was almost two in the afternoon. And not only that but both of them sucked- Lisa Maire barley looked at me and when Demtri said happy birthday it was well interesting.

Yeah you heard right my parents hadn’t even said happy birthday, they talked about the party tonight but other than that you would think that they didn’t even know today was my birthday.

“Huh?” Demtri asked looking lost.

“A plan, I know that you don’t want everyone to know that this is arraigned so what is the plan? Where did you meet? What were your dates like?” Lisa Maire told Demtri talking to him like he was in first grade.

“Oh.” Demtri said.

“Oh? So you don’t have a plan?” She looked and Demtri with a accusing glare.

I looked at Demtri to see his face was total shock and surprise and I was pretty sure that mine was the same. I turned away from him and looked back at Lisa Maire. When I nodded her eyes narrowed and she sighed.

“Well isn’t this peachy.” She said sarcastically.

“I thought that they would be smart enough to figure out that they needed to figure out a plan.” My mother said glaring at us.

“Really guys what did you think that we could go into this press conference without a story to go by?” Demtri’s father Laurence agreed with my mother.

“What do you two have to say?” Lisa Maire said turning to glare at us.

I looked at her shocked. Was she really expecting me to say sorry for not making a plan? And what is with my mother and her contestant insults to me?

“You want us to say sorry?” Demtri asked saying the same thing I was thinking.

“No I want you to go feed my pet chicken Lily.” Lisa Maire said sarcastically.

Was she kidding me? Who was this lady? I looked back at Demtri to see him staring at Lisa Maire, looking extremely pissed off. I quickly decided to just apologize before everybody got mad.

“We’re sorry.” I said shooting Demtri a look to keep quiet.

“I am really starting to like you.” Demtri’s mother said smiling at Lisa Maire.

“I couldn’t agree more.” My mother agreed.

“Good.” She said smiling at them before turning to Demtri and I, “Now let’s get started than- we only have thirty more minutes. Ok first of how did you two meet?”

“Ummmm?” I trialed off looking at Demtri for help.

He turned to me with a serious expression on his face, “At a stripping club.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” I cried throwing my arms up. Just when I started to think that he wasn’t such a bad guy he had to go and say something like that.

“This is not a time to joke around Demtri!” Lisa Maire scolded him while I laughed a little.

“How about a Rehab center.” I said looking pointy at Demtri.

“Why are you in rehab?” Demtri questioned me.

“You know I may not be in rehab but I will certainly be in jail sometime soon.”

“And why would you be in jail?”

“Murder of course.” I said smiling innocently.

“This is ridicules, I don’t care if you are the princess and prince I am here to do my job and with you two joking around like this I won’t be able to get my job done.” Lisa Maire cut in.

“Right, well why not go for the crowd pleaser? We met at some charity thing?” I suggested.

“Yes, yes I can work with that.” Lisa Maire said scribbling something down on a pad of paper she pulled out of her purse. “And for your first date it has to be something really sweet and romantic, we want people to forget about Demtri’s past when they hear this and really believe that you two really are in love.”

“Romantic isn’t really my thing.” Demtri cut in.

“Never would have guessed.” I muttered sarcastically.

“How about they went on a romantic picnic in the middle of a field and then they went on a carriage ride through the country streets to a large hill where they watched the sun set.” Rosalind said with a faraway look on her face before she added, “And that should be where they had their first kiss!”

I didn’t know what was funnier- the fact the Rosalind was basically just read out loud a scene from a cliché romance book or the picture of Demtri actually doing something like that. I had to press my lips together tightly to stop myself from bursting out laughing.

Apparently Demtri had the same idea as me because he looked at his mom like she had a three heads, “What in the world was that?”

“Oh hunny you know that I am romantic at heart.” She said matter of factly.

He just stared at her with his mouth wide open before shaking his head and saying, “Anyways we cannot say that, there is no way that I would ever be caught dead doing that.”

“And that is exactly why we should do it. All the other dates you should be able to make up on the spot if they ask you which I don’t they will anyways. But the main thing they will be asking is about the engagement- so where did that take place?” Lisa Maire asked writing more stuff down on her pad.

I looked at her serious face and I couldn’t think of anything to say, it looked like she was actually asking about the engament as though it had happened.

“It never did take place.” I said looking at my hands.

“What? You mean you’re not even wearing the ring?” Lisa Maire cries grabbing my left hand and looking at it.

“Well get it on then.” She says giving me my hand back.

“Huh?” I ask her confused.

“Are you always this slow?” She glares at me while I gawked at her, “I want the ring to be put on your finger. What would have happened if we would have gone in there and you weren’t wearing a ring?”

“Right.” I said getting it now, but still a little shocked that she would be that rude to me.

“Well do you have the ring? Get it out and give it to her.” Lisa Maire told Demtri.

“Oh yeah I have it.” Demtri muttered and reached in his jacket and pulled out a small black box which he handed to me.

I just stared at it shocked.

Was this how I was getting proposed to?

I was never super into romance and everything but still what girl doesn’t dream of how she was going to get proposed to. And trust me this was not how I had imagined it at all! I know that Demtri and I didn’t like each other let alone love each other but still I would have liked it if he had gotten down on one knee at least.

I just sat there for I don’t know how long staring at the box and watching my dreams come crashing down. I think it was finally hitting me. This wasn’t some fairytale and Demtri wasn’t my prince charming. I would never get my happy ending because I was going to have to marry him and pretend to everyone that I was happy to do so.

I would never see him look at me with love filled eyes like you see in the movies and I would never look at him that way. We would never come home from a long day of meetings to run to each other and kiss, happy to see each other. We would never be that perfect family.

I was always going to be the princess who listened to her parents and hated every second of her life.

And I was just realizing it now.

And of course being me I didn’t stand up to my parents like I should have, I just took the box with shaky hands.

As I did I looked up at Demtri who was looking at me with a weird expression on his face, almost like a mixture of regret and sadness. I than realized that I had started crying, which was probably why he was looking at me funny but I still doubt that he really feels bad for me.

“Are you going to open it?” My mother said angrily.

I quickly opened the box and gasped.

Inside the box nestled in deep red silk was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

It was a white gold band that was covered in diamonds. There was smaller diamonds running up the sides with larger ones in the middle and more white gold running in between them. Then at the very top it was a more diamonds coming out from the middle where a huge diamond lie. With the way it was laid out it looked like a rose that had just bloomed.

I don’t know where he got this or if he knew that I would like it, but this ring looked like it was made for me.

“It was my grandmother’s and everyone thought I should give it to you.” Demtri muttered guessing my thoughts.

I just nodded and slipped the ring on my finger.

And no matter how much I like the ring I would have given it back in a second if it meant that I would get to choose who I wanted to get married to.

But as i looked at it resting on my third finger I knew that it would stay there forever weather I wanted it to or not.

There you have it! Chapter seven!!

I know that it is alittle short but i PROMISE you that you will not want to miss the next chapter!! Very big things are happening!:-) lol!

Also since i didnt get twenty seven votes in the last chapter:-( how about we try for seventeen on this chapter

So please comment and vote and tell me what you think! I read every comment and everyone makes me smile so thankyou to everybody who is reading this story!(:

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 258 8
"I will not listen to any more of your insolent behaviour boy. You brought this on yourself. You marked this young woman and now you must take her as...
7.3K 460 52
What most a person wants in their life? Love, Luxury, success? And what a person wants most if they have all of them? What a girl who finds out she g...
604K 20.1K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
281K 6.9K 51
"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Alessandra! Can you just stop fighting with me on this! Just go and never come back!" He yelled. I froze in my spot...