Second Chance At Fate

By AlexisBaldeo12

After being rejected by her soul mate, Emily Keys realizes she doesn't need him or any other man in her life... More

Second Chance At Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's NOTE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 16

13.6K 476 31
By AlexisBaldeo12

           The next morning I woke up wrapped in Cole’s arms. I looked up at him and smiled as he peacefully slept beside me. I blushed at the memory of last night. I pulled away from his arms as I went to take a shower. I was sore but other than that everything else seemed fine. As I was in the shower I heard the door open I moved the curtain a little to see Cole and all his naked glory leaning on the sink. He smirked at me as he saw me staring.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked as I looked him in the eyes.

“Yeah, but I don’t mind,” he smiled as he looked at me.

“Can you put on some clothes please?” I asked him as I tried not to look down.

“You mean the ones you ripped off of me?” he smirked raising an eyebrow at me.

“I didn’t rip your boxers,” I said knowingly and blushing.

“It’s nothing you haven’t seen before,” he winked as he climbed into the shower with me.

“What are you doing?” I squealed.

“Taking a shower with my mate,” he said as he smirked at me.

“I know that, why?” I said as he took the pink sponge from my hand and poured soap onto it and started to scrub my back, I blushed as tingles took over my body again.

“Because I want to be with you,” he whispered in my ear.

“I’m not going anywhere,” I promised as he kissed my newly marked skin and I shivered.

          I turned and saw how beautiful he looked with water dripping down his body and off his hair. I watched water travel down to his lips. I leaned in and kissed his lips softly, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I felt his little friend poke at my thigh, I moaned as he lifted me up in the shower, my legs locked around his waist as my arms wrapped around his neck. The shower continued to wet our skin and we continued to kiss each other. I pulled away from him and stared into his eyes.

“I love you,” he said with water dripping down his face.

“I love you too,” I smiled at him.

          I unwrapped my legs from his waist I was still sore from last night and I flinched.

“Did I hurt you last night?” he asked worriedly.

“No just a little sore,” I admitted as I climbed out the shower and grabbed my towel and handed him a towel from the closet.

“I tried to be as gentle as possible,” he said as he dried himself with the towel.

“I know babe, I’m good, and do you have anything to wear?” I asked.

“My bag is in the trunk of my car,” he said.

“I’ll get it,” I said as I quickly pulled on my undergarments and pulled some shorts on with a tank top.

          He threw me his keys and I walked out towards the driveway and saw his car. I pulled out his suitcase and brought it upstairs to my room for him.

“Thanks babe,” I smiled at him.

“Wear something nice my parents should be home soon,” I said as I left him to change and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast.

          I pulled out two frying pans and pulled out pancake mix with bacon and the egg carton. I started making the pancake mix and poured four pancakes into the pan, and then I started frying bacon.

“Mm, something smells good,” he whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me.  

“I’m making breakfast,” I smiled up at him and he kissed my lips and sat on the stool at the bar next me.

“Mmm, my mate can cook,” he smiled as I flipped the pancakes.

“Were you expecting a mate that couldn’t,” I smiled as I flipped the pancakes onto a plate and put the fried bacon next to it and I fried four more pancakes.

“I didn’t think she would be anything like you,” he admitted.

“Is that a good thing or bad thing?” I asked as I flipped the pancakes.

“A very good thing, because you’re so much better,” he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

“Emily we’re home!” my mom yelled and Cole immediately backed away from me and I smiled at him.

“In the kitchen,” I smiled.

“Mmm, cooking for me sweetheart,” my dad said as he kissed my cheek.

“You smell different,” he said and I blushed.

“Good morning sir, I’m Cole,” he held out his hand and my dad turned and looked at him as he shook his hand.

“Have we met before?” he asked.

“No, but you probably know my father Alpha Ryans,” he smiled.

“Oh, yes, he has a girl and boy, nice to meet you,” I flipped the pancakes and bacon onto another plate.      

I started on the eggs and heard my mom enter with a grouchy Chase.

“Hey Emily, who’s this?” she smiled.

“He’s the son of Alpha Ryans,” my dad answered as I finished the eggs.

“Nice to meet you…” he held his hand to her and my mom shook it.

“Sarah and this is my husband John,” she smiled up at him.

“So how do you know my daughter?” my dad asked, as I placed the eggs onto the two plates.

          I handed Cole the plate with five pancakes and kept the one with three.

“We met when she came to my pack, I picked her and my sister, Tina, up at the airport,” he smiled politely.

“Oh he’s your best friend’s brother,” my mom said.

“Yep, and my mate,” I smiled lovingly at him and he smiled back at me making my heart speed up.

“That’s why you didn’t want to leave,” my mom said aloud and she smiled at us and I blushed.

“You didn’t want to leave because of me, aww, so cute,” he smiled and I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Wow, you got a handsome one,” my mom said and I blushed harder.

“Mom,” I hissed.

“Welcome to the family,” my dad smiled at him.

“Aww, who’s the little one,” Cole smiled as he stared at Chase who just looked up at him.

“My little brother, Chase,” I said.

“Can I hold him?” Cole asked.

“He’s three you can ask him yourself,” I said as my parents chuckled.

“Can I hold you little guy?” he cooed Chase nodded.

“You’re so cute,” he smiled at him.

“I’m Cole, what’s your name?” he asked as Chase sat on his lap.

“Chase,” he said in a baby voice.

“How old are you Chase?” he asked.

“3 years old,” Chase said as he reached for some bacon on Cole’s plate.

“You want some,” Cole smiled at him as Chase nodded eagerly.

“Here,” Cole passed him a piece of bacon, I just noticed the smirk on my parents faces as we all watched Cole interact with Chase.

“What?” he smiled as he saw all our faces.

“Nothing,” my mom smiled knowingly.

          There was a knock on the door and my dad decided to get it.

“Hello Dex, come in,” my dad said.

          When Cole heard his name he tensed, my mom caught this and quickly took Chase away from him. I walked next to him and rubbed calming circles on his back. Dex walked through the door.

“Hey Emily,” he smiled softly at me.

“Hi Dex,” I smiled; he looked at my hand rubbing circles on Cole’s back.

“Who is he?” he asked in an irritated tone.

“I’m Cole Ryans,” Cole put emphasis that he was an Alpha’s son.

“I’m Dex Flakes,” Dex said.

“Dex this is my mate Cole,” Cole held out his hand and Dex growled.

“What?” he yelled as he started shaking.

“I’m her mate,” Cole said.

“When did this happen?” he asked.

“We knew we were mates the first day we met we just completed the mating last night,” Cole said with ease, I leaned into his neck and inhaled, my dad watched the scene.

“Impossible,” Dex said.

“You had your chance I guess fate knew you would screw up,” Cole growled and I placed a kiss on his neck to calm him down.

“How dear you come on my territory and disrespect me that way?” Dex said angrily.

“Listen I can tell Emily doesn’t want us to fight right now so let’s just drop it,” Cole said.

“Don’t tell me what to do?” Dex lifted his hand to hit Cole but I jumped in front of him and he punched me in the face, my father ran to me and tried to help me.

“I’m so sorry Emily, I didn’t mean to,” I had tears in my eyes.

“Cole no!” I yelled but it was too late.

          Cole had Dex on the floor and was punching him repeatedly in the face. I tried to move from my dad to help Dex but my father kept me their.

“Don’t get into Alpha’s business,” he warned me.

“Cole won’t hurt me,” I said.

“I know but Dex already did, Cole is fighting for you, if you get hurt again he will kill Dex,” my father warned.

          I watched as Dex got the upper hand and started punching Cole, I cried I wanted to hold Cole, I needed to but my dad had a tight grip on me. Cole switched positions and held Dex in the air by his throat as he growled. Dex tried to get out of his hold. Cole slammed Dex into the table. I heard a piercing crack and I cried out. I looked at Cole’s dark eyes.

“You have to stop him,” I cried to my dad.

“Cole will kill him,” I said as my dad jumped up and pulled Cole away.

“Leave Dex,” my dad ordered.

“I’m not finished yet!” Dex yelled as he stared at Cole’s struggling body.

“I won’t be able to hold him for long, leave Dex,” my dad said.

          Dex reluctantly got up and left the house but Cole still wasn’t calm.

“Cole,” I looked at him he looked up at me as my dad struggled to keep a hold on him.

“Cole I need you to relax, I’m fine, see?” I held my arms up.

“He hit you,” Cole growled.

“I’m fine, he didn’t mean to hit me,” I said as I touched his face he started to calm down and I smiled at him.

“You can let go now dad,” I told him, my dad loosened his hold but stayed on alert as Cole rushed over to me and pulled me into his arms as he hugged me close.

“I’m sorry, you had to see me like that,” he said to me, I looked up at him.

“It’s okay,” I smiled at him and kissed him.

“Let me clean those cuts for you,” I said, he grunted as he followed me to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.7K 5K 63
Part One to The Mallapers Series. Sequel is completed. For centuries the werewolf population has been at peace. There have been no wars, no conflict...
897K 22.4K 18
"Since nobody cares to believe me I'm leaving this note. But I know it's just going to be in the trash as soon as you know I wrote it. But I don't ca...
34.8K 1.1K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
747K 17.7K 18
Imagine waiting for the one to come along, the one wolf who's supposed to be your 'true love' and instead he used her for one night then just disappe...