All in Time

By inactive_28483

!!NO LONGER BEING REWRITTEN!! You know, I never once thought I'd find love. I don't mean a 'like' from high... More

Story Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Author's Note
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note (Please Read!!!)
Update on Hiatus

Chapter 9

254 9 12
By inactive_28483

(About a month later)

  I find myself laying on my floor in silence again. Just me and my thoughts. I'd already told Karkat about my family situation and we had even seen each other after that. I still feel apprehensive and I don't know why.

  It might be because we have to actually come out with our relationship soon. That's going to be a trip. I still don't know much about his family, but he promised to tell me. He just hasn't done it yet.

  I need to do something. I don't want to go outside or get up, but I need to distract myself.

  I reluctantly pull myself off of the floor and grab a random book off of my dusty shelf. I don't read very often unless I have to.

  I ended up grabbing a book about self help. Peachy. That really makes me feel wonderful, thanks World.

  Regardless, I read through the entire thing. I was done with it after 3 hours of reading. I found things in there that could help me, but I wouldn't take action on it.

  I come to the conclusion that Rose left it here.

  I haven't talked to Rose in a while. It's weird, considering we're twins. We should talk way more than we do.

Maybe I should return it. I went and got my phone and called her. Might as well go ahead and knock that out.

"Hello?" Rose's voice answered after three rings.

"Hey, it's Dave." I answered.

"Oh, hey Dave. Do you need something?" She asked.

"No, not really. You left your book here. The one about self help. Yeah, I was just calling so you knew and you can come get it whenever." I explained. I never really liked talking over the phone.

She paused for a moment. "You can keep it. It's fine. Thanks, though."

I realized quickly why she left it. She thought I needed it. I didn't call her out on it, though.

"Oh. Okay then. Um, well I can go now. Unless you want to talk or something." I said.

"Dave, I can hear your strain over the phone. We can hang up now. If it makes you more comfortable, if I want to talk to you, I'll just text." She replied.

"Thanks. Bye." I stated simply. She bid me farewell and hung up.

Then I just sat there with my thoughts. My thoughts were as jumbled and undignified as always. I gave up and switched on my TV. I lost myself in the world of useless infomercials.

I'm not sure how long I watched the infomercials and random TV shows for, I just know that it was dark when a vibration from my phone caught my attention.

Karks: Hey.
You: Sup.
Karks: I'm bored. Want to talk about useless shit?
You: That's all I ever talk about.
Karks: True.
You: But why not. Uh. I don't know what to talk about.
Karks: Me neither.
You: Figures. You done anything interesting lately?
Karks: You.
You: Bro. Take the question seriously.
Karks: No. I am serious. I am as serious as serious gets. You are the most interesting thing I've done.
You: Okay then.
Karks: How about you?
You: I just binge read a whole book about self help.
Karks: Oh... Way to make this conversation depressing Dave.
You: It was what I picked up. My sister left it here.
Karks: Pink one or the other one?
You: The other one. Her name is Rose.
Karks: Note taken.
Karks: ...
Karks: Wanna do some borderline sexting?

  What? Karkat, the angry little shit I've come to love, just asked me if I wanted to sext. Wow. I laughed a little.

  You: Why not? There's paid programming on my tv. I can just fap to the sound of their loud marketer voices.
Karks: Oh my god.
You: ;)
Karks: No.

  Now I was just messing with him.

  You: I could turn on some Billy Mays and let him serenade me.
  Karks: Dave.
You: Are you jealous of Billy?
Karks: I'm allowed to be and yes. Only I should be allowed to serenade you.
You: What would you serenade me with? ;)
Karks:... I don't know. And stop with the winking faces.
You: Wow. Can't even serenade your own boyfriend.
Karks: Oh shut up.
You: Feisty.
Karks: Thanks.

  I sat there laughing. This guy was great. I wanted him to come over, but it would probably be an imposition on him.

  Karks: I have to go. Tired as fuck.
  You: Okay. Night babe
  Karks: Pet names. Awesome. Night.
  You: ...
  You: <3
  Karks: <3 Love you asshole.

  I smiled and sat my phone back on the table. As grumpy and loud as he is, he's a sweet guy. You just have to get under his shell. His crab shell.

  I fell asleep in a bundle on my couch. I didn't have any dreams that I could remember. It was just dark and empty. 

  When I woke up, I pulled myself up and squinted against the light coming through my window.

  I made up my mind that I was going on over to his house. Not now, though. It's morning and it would seem stalkerish.

  I grabbed the almost empty box of cereal from my cabinet and made dry cereal. I liked dry cereal.

  As I was eating, I heard my neighbors kids. Little, conniving shits. Can't tell their kids to quiet down. There are old people in this building.

  Now I sound like one of the old people.

  Honestly, I can't say much considering the old lady next door complained about hearing a creaking noise among other things about a month ago.

  That's the thing about apartments; you can never have your privacy when you actually want it.

Hell, when can anyone have privacy when they want it?

I finish and put my bowl on the counter. Fuck sinks, the counter wants some attention.

You: Kaaaaarklesssss
You: Kitkat
You: Answer me. Wake up you lazy son of a bitch.
Karks: I'm up. What?
You: I'm coming over.
Karks: Why?
  You: Because I can.
  Karks: Okay. No one else here but me. Sollux is at his girlfriend's house, I think TZ is with Nepeta, and Gamzee is somewhere.
  You: Sweet. Be there in a little bit.
  Karks: How long is a little bit?
  You: I don't know.
Karks: Ok

  I don't know why he's suddenly concerned about it. He normally just lets me come over whenever and I do the same.

  I pushed the thoughts aside. I got dressed and decided to walk.

  The air is getting colder and my face begins to flush after a few minutes. I don't pay attention to the chill biting my cheeks and keep walking.

  I made it to Karkat's house and walked quietly up to the door and knocked. I heard hurried footsteps make their way through the house and stop at the door. It opened and I saw a slightly disheveled looking Karkat stare back at me.

  "Are you just going to stand there and let cold air into my house?" He questioned, snapping me out of my haze.

  "Sorry." I slipped in and he shut the door. I gave him a quick kiss and he returned it.

  As I looked around the living room, I saw small bits of glass on the floor next to the coffee table.

  "Oh, ignore that. I knocked a cup over and didn't quite get it all up." He said. He was being quieter than normal. It was weird.

  "Any reason you look like your soul just got sucked out of your body?" I asked.

  He stood there for a second but shook his head and looked at me.

  "I honestly don't give a shit what I look like right now. I just. . .God, I don't know." He seemed stressed. He ran a hand over his face.

  "We can talk about i-" I tried to say but he quickly put a hand up to stop me.

  "I don't want to talk about jack shit right now."

_______________________________________________

Yo. Wassup.

This chapter is finally finished and it is loooong overdue.

It's a cliffhanger. What ever could have happened?

Lots of things but I need to think about how to put them in.

Ughhgghh. It's late but I don't feel like sleeping. I'm just going to sit on my phone until the sun rises.

If you spot any mistakes or have any suggestions for the storyline (I haven't prewritten anything) don't hesitate to say so!

Anyway, hope you liked the chapter!

~Ghostie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 0 7
I don't own homestuck, All credIts to andrew hussIe.
1.5K 66 16
~ Kankri x Cronus ~ This complicated and confounding love story revolves around Kankri Vantas, a well-rounded student who takes pride in his good gra...
4.3K 257 30
Sequel to Never Alone. Dave returns to town after at least three years and has graduated earlier than his friends. When he comes back a familiar face...
5.1K 87 22
Homestuck, go read it, or watch it on yt if you don't want spoilers. Also I do not own Homestuck or any of Andrew Hussies works they all belong to hi...