Second Chance At Fate

By AlexisBaldeo12

After being rejected by her soul mate, Emily Keys realizes she doesn't need him or any other man in her life... More

Second Chance At Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's NOTE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 14

12K 395 91
By AlexisBaldeo12

“I didn’t tell my dad because you’re right I was a coward, but I don’t know how to fix this now,” he sighed.

“Tell him I’m your mate, you said the only reason you’re getting an arranged mate is because you didn’t have a mate, well now you do,” I said.

“I just think we should take it slow, I mean we did just start actually being together and we’re not fully mated,” Dex said.

“Are you serious, so what, are you ever going to tell him?” I asked astonished.

“I can’t tell him okay, he’ll think of me as a coward,” Dex said.

“So you would rather string me along your side until you mate that other woman and then kick me to the curb?” I asked.

“That’s not what I meant, I just think it’s too soon,” he pleaded with me to understand.

“Well can’t you tell him that you’ve found your mate and just want to take things slow?” I asked.

“You don’t know my dad he will make me mate you right away,” he said.

“Don’t you want me?” I asked and his eyes shined as he looked at me.

“Of course but love is one of my biggest fears and I don’t want to… no I just can’t rush things,”

“But—“

“Those girls that I sleep with mean nothing to me if I slept with you it would mean something big and I’m not ready for that extra step,” he admitted.

“I understand but your going to have to tell him,” I looked at him and he tried to hug me but I walked away.

“You’re mad at me now?” he asked.

“No I just need time,” I said as I turned toward the lake I always went too.

          He didn’t follow me and I was grateful for that. I liked Dex hell I even love him but now it’s different I still love him but I don’t know. Ever since I broke down yesterday when we kissed and I thought about Cole it just hasn’t been the same. I wish I could see Cole right now, but I need to make a decision about Dex first. Do I want to be with him or not? I looked at myself in the lake and I pushed my hair behind my ear. I stated walking back home and walked into the house.

“Sissy, where did you go?” my little brother tugged on my jeans.

“Hey little guy, I went out with Dex,” I told him he immediately perked up looking for him.

“Where is he?” Chase pouted as he looked over my shoulder.

“He had to go home,” I sighed and my mom came around the corner.

“Hey sweetie,” my mom smiled at me.

“Hey mom,” I put Chase down and walked into the kitchen with her following.

“Is there anything you want since you’re following me around?” I asked as I pulled out a bottle of water.

“Is Dex your---,” she looked excited.

“No,” I lied, it sounded dangerously truthful though.

“Oh,” she looked disappointed.

“So what’s for dinner?” I asked.

“I’m making lasagna, Dex and his family are coming over,” she said, I rolled my eyes.

“When?” I asked.

“6 p.m.” she said.

“Fine, I’m going to be in my room call me when dinner is ready,”

          I walked upstairs and pulled out my phone. I dialed Tina’s number.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Tina!” I squealed.

“Hey Emily, enjoying your time with your family?” she asked.

“Yeah, guess who I just spent the day with?” I asked.

“Who?”

“Dex, but we ended up fighting and now he’s coming to eat dinner with my family,” I said disgusted.

“Good, I mean aww, you two were fighting?” she tried to cover and I giggled.

“So what’s up with you and the boys?” I asked.

“We all miss you, we set up a surprise for you it’s supposed to arrive at your house tonight,” she said.

“Aww thanks,” I smiled.

“I expect you to call when it gets there, I’ll keep my eye out for it then,” I assured her.

          We talked and talked about random things and I finally told her I needed to go and I hung up on her. I took a quick shower and pulled my hair up in a tight bun with a nice blue dress for dinner. I walked down the stairs and went towards the wonderful smell in the kitchen.

“Hey mom,” I kissed her on the cheek as she set up the table.

“Sweet heart you look so nice,” she smiled at me.

“Thanks mom, so do you,” I smiled at her yellow sundress.

“Hello my beauties,” my dad walked down stairs with Chase dressed up in his arms.

“Hey dad,” I smiled at him.

Ding Dong!

“I’ll get it,” I said as I walked to the door.

“Hi Emily,” Kate smiled at me.

“Hello,” I held the door open for them all to walk in.

“You look beautiful Emily,” Dex whispered in my ear and I smiled at him.

“Thank you,”

          We both walked in silence towards the dining room. After mom served dinner they all went to hang out in the living room and I walked out into the backyard. I felt his presence behind me before I saw him.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” he said as he stood next to me looking out into the forest.

“We both were a little over dramatic with the issue,” I admitted as I looked at my hands.

“Yeah, but I was at fault I should’ve told my father,”

“But you’re right we shouldn’t rush into things” I smiled at him.

“But I don’t want to wait anymore,” he said to me and he leaned in and kissed me with so much passion I almost fainted.

          It didn’t feel the same as other kisses we shared it was different I don’t know how though. I didn’t have time to respond when I heard his voice.

“Emily?” it sounded so broken, I pushed away from Dex and turned to be face to face with Cole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 19.6K 32
After losing the most important person in her life. Ashley gets to finally meet the one person she's long to meet her father. Will everything go righ...
1.2M 36.9K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
746K 17.7K 18
Imagine waiting for the one to come along, the one wolf who's supposed to be your 'true love' and instead he used her for one night then just disappe...
401K 15.6K 26
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...