Second Chance At Fate

By AlexisBaldeo12

After being rejected by her soul mate, Emily Keys realizes she doesn't need him or any other man in her life... More

Second Chance At Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's NOTE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 10

14.7K 467 49
By AlexisBaldeo12

“Tina and Cole Ryans!” I held my head as I heard Janet yelling through the house.

          I heard a groan next to me and looked at Tina. We fell asleep in her room last night.

“Too much pink,” I groaned as I sat up.

“Shh!” Tina said as she held her head.

“I think your mom is looking for you,” I said as I got up and looked in her mirror.

          Wow I look like crap. I had dark circles around my eyes, smeared make up, and the same clothes I wore last night were on. I walked out the bathroom and went into the hallway everything was a mess. I held my head and staggered into my room.

“Oh good, you’re up, do you know where Tina is?” Janet asked me.

“She’s asleep in her room,” I yawned as I trudged towards the bathroom.

          I immediately went in the shower and turned on the water. The nice warm water hitting my body woke me up and I smiled softly though I had a faint headache. I didn’t drink that much last night but I’m pretty sure Tina was hung over I would hate to be her right now.  When I got out I washed all the sleep and make up away from my face. I walked into the closet and took out a pair of leggings and a loose t-shirt. I quickly went downstairs and came face to face with Jake.

“Hey Jake,” I smiled sheepishly at him as I saw the state of the house.

“What did you guys do?” he asked astonished.

“We threw an awesome party,” I smiled.

“I see, so who do you think is going to clean?” he asked.

“We are,” Cole called as he walked down the stairs.

“Hey Emily,” he smirked at me, and I blushed remembering last night.

“Hi,” I said in a small voice.

“If you want to get this house cleaned before the rest of the pack gets here, I suggest you all start now,” I just realized that Tina and the boys were all downstairs leaning on things looking dead tired.

“We’ll start now,” Cole answered for us, Cole and I seemed to be the only ones not suffering from the effects of drinking last night.

          Jake walked upstairs and left us to clean.

“So Emily and I will pick up the garbage around the house, Tina and Stefan will vacuum the rooms, Damon and Edward will mop, and Alex and Emmett just make sure everything is in its, proper place oh and put away all the equipment,” Cole ordered and everyone went there separate ways.

“Wow, you’re pretty good at ordering people around,” I smiled as he got two garbage bags from the kitchen.

“Alpha genes,” he bragged as he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

          We turned on some music and started singing and dancing as we helped clean up.

“Shut up!” Emmett yelled as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to get a drink.

“We’re great singers,” I teased.

“You’re also tone deaf,” Emmett rolled his eyes.

“Shouldn’t you be cleaning?” Cole raised an eyebrow at him.

“I finished,” Emmett shrugged.

“How could you finish that quick?” I asked astonished.

“We all finished and even did some of your part, and as for finishing quickly well we weren’t singing and dancing while cleaning,” Emmett said as I blushed.

“Well, then we’re done right?” Cole asked.

“Yep,” Emmett said.

“Who wants Breakfast?” Alex yelled.

“I do,” Emmett said.

“We should all go out to eat,”

“I’m in,” Tina said from the living room.

“Why are you two always so energetic around each other?” Damon asked.

“I want whatever you two are smoking,” Stefan groaned.

“Where are we going to eat?” I rolled my eyes ignoring Damon’s question.

“Let’s go to Perkins I want breakfast potatoes,” Alex said and everyone agreed.

“Well get your lazy bums up and get ready to leave!” Cole made me laugh and he just stared at me and smiled.

“Fine,” they grunted as they each got up and walked to their rooms to get ready.

“For people that are hungry they sure walk slowly,” I laughed.

“Yep, so you’re ready right?”

“Yep,” I smiled.

“I’m going like this,” he said as he pointed to his sweat pants and black sleeveless t-shirt.

          I literally drooled over his bare arms and sweat pants riding low on his hips.

“See something you like?” Cole smiled.

“On you? No,” I smiled at him and blushed for getting caught checking him out.

“But you sure saw something you liked on me last night,” he smirked as I blushed.

“Shut it I was drunk,” I lied.

“You didn’t even drink the coke I gave you, you were on me like white on rice,” he smirked cockily.

“Whatever you think,” I rolled my eyes trying to play it off.

“Admit it,” he looked at me mischievously.

“There’s nothing to admit,” I smirked.

          He moved closer to me.

“Say it,” he smiled at me.

“It,” I smiled.

          He threw me over his shoulder and I squealed as I hit his back.

“Admit it,” he said in a warning tone.

“No,” I said still trying to get away from his tight grip.

          He threw me onto the couch and tickled me.

“Stop…Stop… just Stop…,” I said through gasp and giggles.

“Admit it,” he smiled at me as I laughed and he tickled me.

“No,” I squealed as he continued to tickle me and I got an advantage as I flipped us over still laughing from the tickle attack.

“Admit it,” he growled teasingly with a giant smile on his face as I tried to breathe again.

“No,” I said then squealed as he flipped us onto the floor and he was staring down at me and my heart started beating uncontrollably.

“Admit it,” he looked into my eyes as he straddled me.

“Why?” I asked still catching my breath; he knew the effect he had on me.

“Because I want to hear you say it,” he looked serious.

“Admit what?” I played dumb.

“That you want me,” he growled.

“Cocky much?” I asked.

“You so want me,” he smirked.

“Well if you think so why do I have to say it?” I asked.

“Say it, I want to hear it from your lips,” he gave me one of his sexy smirks.

“Well, hate to burst your bubble but I don’t want you,” I lied as I smirked at him.

“Lies,” he smirked at me.

“Eww, you two get a room,” Tina yelled to us, as I blushed and tried to push Cole off me but he stayed and just looked up at Tina and smiled.

“We’re ready,” I heard multiple footsteps walk in behind Tina.

“Whoa, nice action,” Damon smirked as I looked over to him.

“Shut it Damon, Cole get off of me!” I yelled as I pushed him but he didn’t budge damn Alpha blood.

“Say it,” Cole smirked and I blushed he wouldn’t make me say it in front of them would he.

“You had the chance to admit when they weren’t down here,” he said like he read mind.

“Fine, I want you,” I mumbled softly barely audible but I know he heard me and I blushed.

“What was that?” he asked.

“I want you Cole, you happy; I was on you like white on rice!” I yelled and then blushed as everyone started laughing their asses off.

“That’s all you had to say,” Cole chuckled as he got off of me and tried to help me up but I pushed his hand aside.

“Breakfast everyone?” Cole asked.

          Everyone said yes and we went out to eat. When we got home my phone was ringing for the fifth time.

“Hello?” I said irritated at who was calling me.

“Hey sweetie,” my mom’s voice filled the other side and I smiled.

“Oh hey mom, what’s up?” I asked.

“You need to come home,” she said.

“I thought we went over this…” I sighed.

“I know sweetie but this time it’s under Alpha’s orders,”

“Why?” I asked.

“Pack meeting I guess, but you’re still apart of this pack so we need you home,” my mom said.

“When?” I asked.

“Hopefully by tonight,” she said.

“Tonight?” I asked sadly.

“Yeah, I know you were having fun but maybe they can come down to see you,” she said hopefully.

“I guess, since its Alpha’s orders I guess I have to come back, I’ll see you tonight mom,”

“I can’t wait to see you!” she squealed, and I smiled.

“See you later,” I hung up.

“You’re leaving today?” I jumped at the voice behind me.

“Apparently, I should go pack,” I smiled sadly at him as I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist.

“I’ll take you to the airport,” he said and I shook my head as I went to the room and packed my clothes.

          My wolf didn’t know what to feel, she was excited to see Dex but heartbroken at the fact that she had to leave Cole. I was torn between the two. Dex didn’t even want me, but he’s my mate but the way Cole makes me feel can’t compare even though it’s wrong I want Cole to myself and that’s just selfish he has a mate out there somewhere.

“You’re really leaving?” Tina asked as I pulled my suitcase down the steps.

“Yeah, Alpha orders apparently,” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to miss you,” Tina said as she hugged me.

“I’ll see you again Tina, gosh I’m not dying,” I smiled at her.

“Yeah, but I’ll still miss you even if most of the time here you spent with my brother,” she giggled.

“We should get going,” Cole said as he stared at me intensely.

“Yeah, bye Tina,” I said sadly.

“Bye Emily!” Alex ran to me and hugged me and I hugged him back.

“Don’t go!” Stefan said pulling me into a hug.

“Bye Emily,” Edward hugged me and I hugged back.

“Don’t leave me!” Emmett yelled as he hugged me and lifted me off the ground.

“Bye beautiful,” Damon smirked as he hugged me.

“Why do you have to leave?” Alex asked.

“Alpha orders,” I admitted they all looked sad.

“Don’t do this guys, I hate goodbyes, I’ll see you again,” I smiled sadly at them.

“Yeah but when?” Stefan asked as he stared at me.

“As soon as I can,” I promised and they smiled.

“Your suitcase is in the car already,” Cole said as he nodded to his friends and I made my way out behind him.

“Dex is the Alpha’s son right?” Cole asked as he pulled out of the driveway.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Maybe he wants you back or----“

“He doesn’t want me Cole,” I cut him off as I looked out the window.

“What if he does?” he said in a serious tone as he looked ahead of him.

“I don’t know,” I said as I looked at his face he didn’t even glance at me.

          We drove in silence the rest of the way. My heart was breaking all over again. Why was I feeling like this, I didn’t want to leave Cole? I felt tears leak down my face as the airport came into sight.

“Here we are,” he said as he drove to a stop in front of the private airport.

“Yeah well I guess I should leave,” I croaked as I reached for the door, then the doors locked all of a sudden, I looked over to him confused.

“Remember that promise we made,” he said still not looking at me.

“Yeah,” I said as I looked down.

“I’m going to hold you to it,” he laughed humorlessly as he looked at my tear streaked face.

“Why are you crying?” he asked.

“I don’t want to go,” I admitted, the boys were like brothers to me and Tina was my sister to me anyways, and Cole I didn’t know what I thought of him I just didn’t want to live without him.

“Don’t cry, you’ll see us again remember?” he smiled at me as he wiped the tears from my cheeks and stared into my eyes.

“Cole, I ---“

          He placed a gentle kiss on my lips and my heart started beating erratically. The kiss was short just as it started it ended.

“Have a safe flight,” he said as he looked away from me.

“I will,” I smiled sadly as I leaned over and kissed his cheek, and took my suitcase out, I turned and waved to him and watched him drive off as I walked inside the airport to go home.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

          When I got off the private jet and into New Jersey, I didn’t realize how much I actually missed home. There was still a slight ache from leaving Cole but when I saw Chase running over to me I forgot all about it. I never realized how much I missed my family.

“Hey Chase!” I smiled at his tiny figure.

“Sissy!” he giggled as he hugged me.

“Emily, I’ve missed you so much,” mom said with tears in her eyes as I walked through the door.

“I missed you too mom,” I smiled at her.

“You’ve gotten so old,” she smiled at me and took Chase from me.

“Where’s dad?” I asked.

“Right here,” his deep voice sounded behind me.

“Daddy!” I smiled happily, always going to be a daddy’s girl.

“Good to know some things never change,” he smiled as he squeezed me.

“Gosh, I missed you all,” I smiled at them.

“Yeah right, you never came to see us,” my mom said.

“I was busy,” I said as I let go of my dad.

“Right,” my mom said as she rolled her eyes and smiled at me.

“So did you ever find your mate?” my mom asked and my dad tensed up I chuckled.

“No,” I lied I didn’t want to tell them about Dex.

“Why do you want her to grow up so fast?” my dad accused my mom.

“She’s going to find him and I want some grandbabies,” she smiled at me and I blushed.

“La la la, I do not want to here about my daughter making babies,” Chase busted into giggles and I smiled at him.

Ding Dong!

“I’ll get it," my mom said as she handed Chase to me and I carried Chase and my suitcase into my old room.

          Everything was just as I left it. I put Chase on my bed and began unpacking my clothes into the closet.

“Hey Emily,” my heart stopped at his voice.

“Dex?” I turned around and saw he was sitting on my bed next to Chase who was mumbling and making baby noises.

“Hey Emily, can we talk?” he asked, he looked as if he hasn’t slept in days and I just wanted to comfort him.

“I don’t think that’s the best idea,” I wanted to rip his clothes off and take him right there even though my little brother was still in the room, I shuddered in disgust.

“Please, I know I don’t deserve---“

“You don’t,” I said but my heart yearned for him, then I just felt guilty because I thought of Cole, why was I thinking of him when I was with my mate.

          I looked into Dex’s beautiful blue eyes, but they weren’t as bright as Cole’s why was I comparing them?

“Please?” he pleaded.

“Talk,” I gave in to him, I missed Dex so much and I resented myself for feeling this way but I was always going to feel for Dex this way.

          I loved him he was made for me no matter how much I told myself that he isn’t.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...
560K 19.6K 32
After losing the most important person in her life. Ashley gets to finally meet the one person she's long to meet her father. Will everything go righ...
746K 17.7K 18
Imagine waiting for the one to come along, the one wolf who's supposed to be your 'true love' and instead he used her for one night then just disappe...
3.3K 65 10
Being the new student enrolled at the Academy for Gifted Students may seem scary, but when a girl comes around to help you out, things suddenly seem...