The Lucky Pick // One Direct...

By meltedpopsicle

She agreed to taking her sister to a concert, but not to this. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Acknowledgements & Author's Note

Chapter 45

1.5K 24 17
By meltedpopsicle

Megan Watson's POV

The next few days are spent doing pretty much nothing, Lottie coming over one of the days just to say Hello, and by the time Harry comes back, I feel well again.

"Niall!" I call, skipping down the stairs.

"Yeah?" He calls back, coming into the hall.

"How do I look," I ask, gesturing towards my clothes.

"You look great," he says with a weak smile.

"You're lying," I say, narrowing my eyes.

"I'm not! You look beautiful," he says.

"Aw," I coo, "thank you. That's so sweet."

"Nah, s'no problem." He waves me off, and then says, "Well, then. I'm headin'."

"Heading? Where?" I ask.

"Ireland," he says, "But I'll see ya soon, okay?"

"Oh." I nod. "Okay."

"Bye, Meg. Oh, and have a nice Christmas." He ruffles my hair slightly.

"You too. Bye, Niall."

Soon, he leaves and I'm alone in the apartment, but not for long, when there is a ring of the doorbell.

I run into the hall and open the door excitedly, about to give Harry a hug when I see him staring at the ground before diverting his gaze to me.

And then he does something I am not at all expecting.

He bursts out crying.

"Harry!" I exclaim, not knowing what's going on or why he's crying, enveloping him in a hug as he sobs into my hair. I've never seen him cry before...

"Harry, oh my god," I murmur, bringing him inside and closing the door over.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly, "Harry?"

He continues to cry, and I sit him down on the couch, my arms wrapped around him.

"Harry," I say firmly, tears starting to form in my own eyes, really worried about him. He looks me in the eyes for a moment, but this causes him to burst into tears again.

"Harry, you're scaring me," I whisper, "Please say something. What's wrong?"

"I -" he cries, "I c-can't tell y-you."

"No, Harry, you have to tell me. I won't judge you. I won't laugh. I'm really worried, Harry..." I murmur, trying to get him to look at me again.

He sobs something, but I don't understand what he says.

"What?" I ask quietly, "What is it, Harry? Please."

"I can't l-lose you," he says quietly, his eyes shut and his face scrunched up in a way that shows so much pain and hurt that I find it hard to try and keep myself together, and not cry.

"You're not going to lose me. I'm right here, Harry. And I'm not going anywhere," I say firmly, catching his gaze for a moment before he once again looks away, "Please tell me what's wrong."

"I can't lose you," he repeats, his voice cracking.

"You think if you tell me what's wrong, I'll break up with you?" I guess.

He nods, about to cry again before I cut him off.

"I'm not breaking up with you, okay? I promise. I love you, Harry."

"I love you too," he says, "that's why I can't tell you. Please, I just can't tell you."

I sit silently for a while, pondering, before sighing, "I trust you, Harry. So if this is something really bad, I know you would tell me. So if you don't want to tell me, or feel that you should, then don't. But... if it's something really bad..." I pause. "I've never seen you cry before."

He sighs, "I know."

"Is it something really bad?"

He doesn't reply for a while, but then he repeats the sentence, "I can't lose you. You mean too much to me. I love you a l-lot, Megan. I can't let you go."

"I promise I won't leave you if you tell me," I say.

He sighs again, his breathing uneven from crying, "I'm sorry. I just don't know if you'll be able to keep that promise once I tell you."

"Harry, it probably isn't as bad as you're making it out to be," I say, "you're worrying me now. Making me think, like, you're cheating on me or something."

He doesn't reply.

"Harry?"

"I'm sorry. I love you," he says quietly.

"You're not cheating on me..." I say, feeling my heartbeat increase in speed, "are you?"

He doesn't say anything for a while, which makes me really start to freak out, before he says, "No."

"Thank god!" I breathe out, holding a hand to my heart, "You nearly gave me a heart attack, oh my god."

He avoids eye contact with me, just mumbling an, "mm."

----------

We spend Christmas in my house, with my family. Delilah receives new toys, so her and Harry play them together.

"Hey! You cheated!" Harry exclaims playfully when Delilah wins.

"Nu-uh!" Delilah says, "you're just a sore loser."

"No I'm not!"

I laugh at the two and take out my phone, deciding to text Niall.

To: Niall :D

hi niall! happy christmas. don't get too drunk, ok?? haha. :)x

I soon receive a reply.

From: Niall :D

thanks! you too ! well , i can't make any promises, aha! ;)

Just as I've finished reading the text, I receive another.

From: Niall :D

that wasn't supposed to be a winky face aha ! oops!

I laugh, typing a reply before Harry looks over at me.

"What're you laughing at?" He asks.

"A text."

"Oh." He nods, before going back to the game.

To: Niall :D

well when you wake up with a really bad hangover don't come crying to me! aha! and yeah, im suuuure that wasn't supposed to be a winky. yeah, i soooo believe that. no, just kidding, i actually do believe you. merry christmas! (again? aha)

I put my phone away, and look at Harry to find him staring at me with his eyebrows raised, as Delilah walks out of the room to get something.

"Must be a pretty funny joke. Seeing as your smiling your head off," he says.

"Oh. I didn't realise I was," I mumble.

"Lemme guess, you were texting Niall?" He asks knowingly.

"Yeah.. why?" I furrow my eyebrows together.

"Figures."

"Okay?" I say, "I thought I told you -"

"I'm baaack!" Delilah sing-songs, skipping into the room.

Harry continues looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed for a moment before something seems to hit him, and his expression changes completely, to what I would describe as guilty.

I narrow my eyes, tilting my head to the side for a moment before shaking off the thought.

The next few days go quickly and on New Years Eve, him and I go to a place in London that a huge amount of people gather at, and we all count down the seconds to 2014.

"Three, two, one, HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And at that, Harry presses his lips to mine, and kisses me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: they're kissing ew get a room guys

do u ship pigarry

omfg sofie are you reading this because you're perf and ily (i ship #lifie ha) oh and hallo michelle the noises r still haunting me o and marissa i like ur hair ok

random shout out to ppl lmao

ily thanks for reading and if you ship nigan or megarry tell me aha. ok i love you, thanks so much for everything and for continuing to read up to this point, it means alot, ok?

Lisa :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 35 19
Nora isn't a fan of One Direction. She doesn't have anything against them, she's just not really into their music. Somehow, she gets tickets and a ba...
79.8K 1.8K 46
Touring with your brother might not be your favorite decision but when your with all the right guys it might just work out in your favor... (Editing...
1.3K 22 15
Niall Horan. You know who he is. But when he reunites with his best friend while on tour, he doesn't know who he is anymore.
38.5K 920 24
Harry had two, fairly well kept secrets in his life. But Harry messed up big with the two secrets, allowed the two secrets to become too intertwined...