Safe

بواسطة idkbree

Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a... المزيد

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Epilogue
New Story

chapter 13

49.4K 1.1K 212
بواسطة idkbree

"What?"

I looked over at Harry and his expression mirrored mine.

"But I'm not guilty!" Harry pleaded.

"The decision is final, 15 to 20 years in prison. Case dismissed." The judge ordered.

She got up from her stand, slowly taking her time out of the room. As soon as the door closed I lost it.

"Dad, how could you?" I asked.

"Rae, I know what's best. I'm doing what's best." He sternly replied.

"So what's best is letting a murderer go free on the street?" I said holding myself from yelling.

"Doesn't matter if he did it, I was doing my job." He spat.

"You couldn't have fought so hard." I muttered.

"What did you say?" His voice hard.

I had enough with my dad, he didn't see Harry as I did. No-one saw Harry as I did. I needed to get away from him before I said something I really would regret. I began walking over to Harry until my dad spoke.

"Rae, don't go over there." He commanded.

"I can do what I like, dad."

I ignored the on going comments he was yelling at me, and made my way towards Harry. I started to break as soon as I saw the cops come for him. Harry didn't look happy when I made my way towards him. But I took him into a tight hug anyway.

"Rae, you should've listened to your dad and stayed with him. He'll definitely kill me now." He chuckled.

"You're not guilty," I said ignoring his comment.

When I pulled him closer, he didn't object. He stood there, holding me in an embrace. What if this was the last time I'm able to do this? I couldn't help my eyes from watering; fighting back my tears. I know this seems to be going fast, but I feel like I've known Harry my whole life. He's different.

"I know, Baby. I know." He hushed into my hair.

I ignored the cops coming for Harry, instead I pulled him closer. Almost as if I could pull him away from them, and make him go anywhere but here.

"Rae Taylor, if you do not come here right now, I will take you home. Where you will stay from now on." My father nearly yelled.

I looked up Harry, his eyes begging me not to go, but his hands were lighting pushing me away.

"Go. I'll see you soon. Promise?" His light tone asking me to come see him.

I simply nod, keeping my eyes away from his own. His fingers reached up to hold my chin, angling my eyes to meet bright green ones.

"We know the truth, that's all that counts. Don't worry about me, I have my ways, we'll meet freely soon." He smiled.

Harry leant down to my right cheek, giving me a light peck and one on the other. I hear a chair sliding forcibly on the hardwood floor. I let it go and focus on Harry. His right thumb rubbing soothing circles on the tops of my of my forearms, the other still holding my chin. He placed one last kiss on the tip of my nose before pulling away. I'm memorised by his touch until I hear my dad behind me.

"That's enough!" He shouts. "Rae, car. Now."

I hesitantly move away from Harry, to go and walk towards the car. Harry gives a small smile before the police men take him into handcuffs. I gasp when I see the men roughy push Harry to the dark wood stained door. My father happily watches Harry being walked out, but a look flashes across his face and he calls to Harry. The cops stop along with Harry. He looks back to me, giving a hard glare and harshly mouthing "go" to me. I feel myself backing up and making my way behind a wall; where I'm no longer visible to them. I stayed put, hoping to hear the faint voices being exchanged between them.

"You stay away from my daughter, she's too good for someone like...like you." My fathers low voice intimidated me from here.

"I think she's old enough to make her own decisions, Sir." Harry calmly replies. I'm thankful he didn't take it upon himself to yell at him; which would only make this situation worse.

"I've known her my whole life, I know what's best for her and it's not you. I put my best efforts in the hearing today to make sure you stay behind bars, away from her. And I plan to keep it that way." His statement surprises me. Why did he hate Harry so much?

I didn't hear a remark made from Harry after, so I assumed he kept the rude comments to himself. I made my way to the car, hoping that my dad wouldn't now just be seeing me as I get in, and getting the idea that I did listen on his conversation. When I reach the car, it's locked. I groan to myself knowing my dad has the keys and he might not be out soon, do to his slow packing and getting everything he brought to the court house.

"Quite the show you and your little fucker put up in there." Aiden snarks.

"Would you go away?" My voice becoming harsher as he stepped forward.

"No, I won't. Your dad is giving me a ride to his house, then I'm going out to celebrate my freedom." He boasted.

"As if you deserve it." I scuffed.

He shrugged at my comment, surprisingly letting it go. He moved to the side of the car and rested his body weight on the large vehicle. I stayed on the curb, having no desire to be near Aiden. When my father finally came out, he apologised for not coming sooner and locking the car. Aiden being the arse that he is, took the passenger seat. The ride was dreadfully long, filled with an awkward silence.

"So Aiden, any plans for the night?" My dad starts up a conversation.

"Thought I'd celebrate my freedom." He chuckled.

I could only roll my eyes at how arrogant he sounds.

"Sounds great, who's going with?" My dad casually asks.

"Few friends, I was actually hoping Rae would accompany me."

I began to laugh at what he just suggested. There was no way in hell I would go with him. Before I could even object my dad cuts in.

"She would love to go. Bet it will help ease her mind from today." He laughs at my own will.

It will ease my mind from today? Maybe he believes I acted out to make him mad. He couldn't possibly believe that was only temporary.

"Alright, well then you can drop us right off at the end of the street." Aiden smiles.

This ridiculous. They are planning on taking me somewhere without even asking me. I don't want to go anywhere where Aiden is, I just want to go home. Even though I don't want to go, I decided against protesting. I've hurt my father enough today with my lies, so this one thing won't matter. My dad talked to Aiden some more about where the drop off plans are, and what time. To my surprise, my dad didn't set a curfew. But I really wish he had, knowing full well that Aiden will use his limitless time to his advantage. I just don't see how Aiden gained my dads trust. He never trust anyone, especially with me. Yet it seems like his trust is served on a sliver platter when it comes to Aiden.

***

My dad pulls up to the local pub, saying a quiet goodbye to Aiden and I. When he pulls away, my hand is immediately taken into Aiden's. I jerk back but his grip is too tight. I release a heavy huff as Aiden continues into the pub. We met a few of his friends, some that are knew to me, but I feel relieved when I see another girl here as well. She may be nicer then the men she was surrounded by. Aiden sat on an empty bar stool, and starts to order some food. I stand quietly in front of the table, unsure of what to do or say. Aiden realised my nervousness and huffs before introducing me to the new people.

"Guys, this is Rae. Rae, my friends." Annoyance clear in his voice.

"Quite the fit one, aren't you, Love?" One of the bigger men speaks out.

My face flashes red, and I down trying to cover my now inflamed cheeks.

"Shut up, Jesse. She's mine for tonight. You can have her another night." He smirks.

Was I some type of toy? I don't belong to anyone. I'm not Aiden's for tonight, and I'm not Jesse's another night.

"Would you two stop bickering, you're scaring the poor girl. Come here." The girl across the table said.

I gladly take her offer and sit next her at table; a far enough distance from the two boys. She starts to make small talk with me, telling each other about ourselves. I've come to learn that her name is Anne.

"Yeah, I'm the famous Rae Clarke. Daughter of the lawyer, and part time slut if you ask my father." I sigh heavily.

"So you're the girl on the news!" She gasps. "But why would your father think you're a slut?" Before I could answer, another voice chimes in.

"Haven't you heard? She's busy fucking Styles! The bad girl went against her own father to see him. What's it been now, Rae? Two weeks since you let that monster put his grimy murderous hands you?" Aiden's voice makes me sick.

"Ah, it's going to be this way Aiden? Let Harry take the blame for your actions again? Harry isn't a monster and you know that. I haven't slept with him, and you know I haven't. So how about you keep your fucking mouth shut before I come over there and close it with my foot." I smile as I get up to leave.

Aiden's words felt like poison to my ears. He didn't know Harry like how I originally thought. He only knew that he held a dark side to him, that he can't control. Aiden was never a friend like Harry said. He only let him believe that, to get Harry on his side and blame him for all his mess ups. Aiden only wanted that dark and dangerous creature that Harry had inside of him for his job; his money. And there Harry is, actually thinking he had a friend. Harry never said anything about his anger issues except for when we first met, and he said he goes to therapy for it. Thinking about this "monster" everyone says he is, here I am, trying to see the good in everyone, even Harry. Sometimes people say I'm too nice, but that's how I was raised. My father taught me better.

My father. Shit.

I have to get home and explain to him what happened in the courtroom, and before. Maybe even the pub too. I quickly make my way home, the walk isn't that far, and it's rather good weather for the night.

"Hey, Babe. What are you doing out here alone this late?" The drunk man questions.

"I-um..going home." I stutter.

"Let me get you a ride..on me."

I'm confused by his words for a moment, then I feel him come closer and hold me in place, rubbing his crotch into mine. Now I know what he means.

"Please leave me alon-"

"Get off of her." A tall man comes up to me, pulling me behind him.

"I saw her first, now move." The man slurs.

"If you won't leave, we will." He states simply.

The drunken man doesn't seem to make an effort to leave. His defiance only annoys the large man who came to save me. His hand gripping my forearm, sending hurting pain through my whole body.

"My arm," I say faintly.

He seems to have caught on and rushes to apologise to me. I give him a small nod, still not sure of what to think of this mysterious man. He gives up making the drunk man move, and walks me down the road. I take in his features as we walk. His freshly shaven chiseled jawbone shines in the light of the moon. His green eyes,are much too similar to Harry's. Dark brown shaved head, and tall built are enough to frighten me. But in many ways, this man strangely looks like Harry. His eyes and hair match, with the exception of missing brown curls. He is tall like Harry, but his built is bigger. The bulk in his chest making him look a few years older then him. Same crooked smile. It's all very strange.

"Who are you and why did you save me?" I blurt out, curiosity getting the better of me.

"No too shy to hold back questions," He chuckles. "I'm Will, and because I was instructed to look after you."

You've got to be kidding me. And my dad wants to send me around with my own little security guard? This is just stupid.

"My father put you up to this, right?" A slight laugh escapes my lips.

"Not quite. I'm Harry's friend. He just wanted to make sure you stay safe whilst he's in prison." He quickly spits out.

Harry? Harry did this? But I'm completely safe, apart from that little rundown outside the pub.

"Why?" I ask.

"I'm not going into detail because you don't need to know everything, but see, Harry...Harry is not liked by many people. You know how the court session was filmed today, and broadcasted live?"

"Yeah." I don't know what this has to do with Will bringing here, but I let him continue.

"Those many people were watching, and saw your little scene during the trial. They've hurt him physically, and it's done little damage. And it wasn't enough for them, so they're trying to hurt him emotionally, and you're the way they think that could work." He explains.

"But-I...We're friends."

"I know that, you know that, Harry knows that, but they don't." He tries to read my expression but there is none. I don't know what to think.

"So you're telling me that I'll end up hurt because I know Harry?" I question.

"Not because you know him, but because you're a girl, a girl that put a smile on his face during the trial. And that's enough for them." He explains once more.

"Who are 'they'?"

Multiple thoughts cross my mind, as I think about who he's talking about. Maybe old friends, people he beat up for Aiden, or people he owed something too. I didn't know making Harry smile could put me on a murder list.

"Mainly people he ticked off. Mostly the ones he beats up." He keeps his eyes off of me, waiting for my reaction, but there is none. Except one.

"You're going to keep me safe, right? I want to be able to leave my house without the chance of being kidnapped. You'll protect me from that?" I ask mainly because it seems like a big responsibility, but deep down I hope he does try to keep me safe. This new information frightens me. Someone, or many people could be after me.

"Of course, I owe it Harry. After all, he his my baby brother." His words slip out. "I mean friends, we're friends" He says panicking.

"Brothers? Huh. I thought you two looked alike." I laugh to myself, not believing I didn't think of that before.

"You can't tell anyone or I'll end up like up you, ok?" He rushes.

"I won't. It's just strange, you're like the older version of him." I laugh again.

"He's the reason why I cut my hair. I couldn't deal with that curly mess." He laughs along.

We talk a bit more about how the two look alike. But the conversation comes to an end when I reach my house. One light is left on, so maybe my dad went to bed, which I hope he has. I don't have the energy to fight with him tonight.

I say goodbye to Will, and walk up to my house. When I unlock the heavy wooden door with my keys, the soft creak makes something or someone in the room shuffle. To my relief, it's only my cat, Ziggy. I pick him and start to pet his head. He purrs in appreciation before I set him down. I head to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to take to my room, but before I make it to the steps, I hear a heavy breathing. I walk over to the dining area and find my father sitting in one of the chairs, a half a bottle vodka in one head and a shot glass in the other.

This isn't like him. He doesn't drink. He never drinks. And if he did, it's on rare celebratory occasions. Even just a small amount makes him different. Angry different.

"A-Are you drinking?" I ask in disbelief.

I'm caught off guard when he stands up and comes towards me, squeezing me into a hug.

"Yes...I needed something to get my mind off today. Rae, I meant it when I told you to stay away from him." His voice surprisingly calm.

"I know, but I couldn't resist. I got curious..and then somehow we became friends." I muffle into his chest.

"I still don't like him." He huffs.

"I know, maybe if you just give him the chan-"

"Stop! I'm not dealing with this until tomorrow when the alcohol subsides. Until then, you're not leaving this house. You're punished. And there be further punishment tomorrow." He sternly says.

"I.." I start.

"Goodnight, Rae. Love you." His voice only just above a whisper.

I say it back, somewhat upset that he didn't let me explain myself. He just needs to hear me out. My thoughts are interrupted by loud bristling outside the kitchen window. I sprint upstairs, and turn off the hallway lights, hoping it was just the wind scaring me.

I curl into a ball on bed after changing. I only want to be left alone with Ziggy by me, and an amazing dream to entertain me whilst I sleep. But my ears have other plans when I hear rattling against my window.

------------------------------ 

please vote! it only takes a second, and the button is only right under here to the left :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

17.5K 405 25
Sloane was once a normal teenager till her boyfriend of three years broke up with her and her dad came clean about a haunting secret. Now in the 'pro...
What I like about you بواسطة HM

قصص المراهقين

476K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
878K 25.7K 43
When Stella was given a choice her senior year of high school to choose between the man she thought she loved and their unborn child... the choice wa...
743 88 21
Love is dangerous. That's why they call it love, don't they? It's like lighting a match, and dropping it on gasoline. If you don't tame it soon enoug...