Cortana: The Lost Story

By JamesYoung084

If you like the halo series this is a story for you. This story will take place in the four years between the... More

Alone
Hope
An Old Enemy
The Plan
Gravemind
Plan B
Out of Options
Peace and Quiet
Birthday
Blind
History
Anniversary
One Last Talk
Forerunner
John
Power Drain
Company
Questions
Answers
Watchers
Requiem
Didact
Didacts Plan
Boarding party
Rescue team
Unsc's Best
Preparations
Frozen
Odds
Coming Months
Heroes
Armada
Lies
Connection Lost
Mdama
Anger Issues
Rampant
Asteroid Field
Family
Good News
Waiting
Overheat
Survivor
Wake Up

Heading Home

113 5 0
By JamesYoung084

The Librarian told me it's time for me to head back. They gave me all the info I needed to know and now think I should go back home. Take care of John  and wait it out until our arrival at Requiem. It is good that I got this chance to visit before John because I now can handle myself once we get here. Instead of being overwhelmed like I was when I got here this time. I've considered the possibility of Halsey saving me and she is stationed at Infinity. Hopefully we can get there and find her in time. It's a long shot but it's also my only chance at living. So I'm willing to take it, but I'm not betting on it. The Watchers told me they be here soon so I should try to find one... Nevermind there they are right now.
"We are here to send you back now Cortana. Are you ready?"
"Yes I am." I say sad I have to leave.
"The portal is right this way." The Watchers say guiding me."
"Ok just step through the portal and we'll be off."
"Ok let's do this." I say taking one last look at Requiem.
"Okay, and here we are. As you can see we took good care of John for you." They say addressing my first concern.
"Thank you for that. Any problems I should be worried about?"
"No, it's all good, we fixed the battery so it won't run out on you again." They say comforting me.
"Well it's going to be around a year and a half until my arrival at Requiem so see you then."
"Goodbye Cortana."
I know it's weird but it's nice to be back. Maybe it's just the fact John is here, or maybe I like peace and quiet a little more than I thought but I don't know. I am just excited to be back here. I have to say the Watchers did take good care of this place. I don't see any problems in the ship at all. Unless of course you count the giant hole right in the middle of it. It's going to be a long wait now before our arrival at Requiem but at least I had my little visit there to distract me for a while. But that's over now and it's back here. Home sweet home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 145 20
A young woman is stranded alone on Requiem after a devastating Storm Covenant attack on the UNSC Infinity. The Master Chief has vanished ever since h...
64.3K 2.3K 48
When the Aliens, the Covenant, invaded, it seemed as if Mankind had no hope. Then the Spartans came to the rescue. These genetically modified super s...
3.9K 35 13
"Spartans never die. they're just missing in action." -This story is now rewritten. The rewrite is called Spartans Never Die. -I don't own RWBY or Ha...
64.1K 1.2K 11
What happened to master chief? War started on earth with the covenant and UNSC. An ODST is sent to find others to fight the covenant. While in space...