Serendipity Next Door (SND Se...

By x_LavenderHoney_x

The apartment next door to Brooke Walters' was empty for the last 4 years since she moved in. She would stand... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
New Series: Serendipity Next Door
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 19

5.3K 178 2
By x_LavenderHoney_x

After saying goodbye to my family, Kevin and I decide to go relax at the beach. 

I bury my toes in the sand. The sky is dark but it is lightened up by the million stars in it. The sound of crickets chirping in the night brings peace in the air. The exact opposite of the sound of car horns in New York. I stare at the ocean and watch the waves hit the sand. 

I watch Kevin come back from the bar with his Corona and my Bud Light Straw-Ber-Rita. He sits down beside me, and hands me the Bud Light Straw-Ber-Rita. I thank him and open the can. This is about my third drink tonight, and surprisingly, I'm not tired. Usually when I drink this much, I'll immediately fall asleep. Tonight seems different though, maybe it's the air here. 

"You have a very welcoming family." Kevin speaks into the quiet air. 

"Yeah, they are. Sometimes they can be...protective, but once you get to know them they're alright." I agree. 

I look over at Kevin, and see that he's staring at the ocean while drinking his Corona. There he goes with that look he makes when he's in deep thought. 

I set my drink down beside me, and stand up. I look around to make sure no one is around, and take off my bikini cover up. Kevin lifts his eyes away from the ocean, and towards me. I wink at him as I take my hair out of it's ponytail. I run my fingers through it. I can feel Kevin's eyes watching my every move. 

I nod my head towards the water. "I don't know about you, but I'm going to go for a swim. I didn't wear this bikini for nothing." 

I don't wait for his response. Instead head towards the water. I can feel his eyes on me. It brings a grin on my face. The bikini is obviously doing something to him. Knowing that I got his full attention, brings me confidence.

I dip my foot in the water, and hum at the warmth. This feels good. I keep walking until the water is at my stomach. I look at the beach and see that Kevin is taking his shirt off. He chugs the rest of his beer, and starts heading towards the water. 

"You. Are. A. Tease." He yells over the waves as he gets closer to me. I just laugh and run my hands on the surface of the water. 

Kevin finally gets to me, and he pulls me in his arms. I think that he's going to kiss me from his close proximity, but he suddenly picks me up bridal style. I squeal as he starts to swing me around. 

Kevin laughs and dips me. The ends of my hair touches the water. Kevin lifts me back up and finally stops swinging me. I am breathing heavily from my screaming. Even though he  has stopped swinging me, I'm still holding on tightly. 

Kevin looks into my eyes, and I see that familiar sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes. They hold happiness. I stare back at him, as I am still trying to catch my breath. 

"Your eyes are sparkling. They look beautiful." He whispers in the quiet night air. His voice holds amazement as he continues staring at me. 

"Yours are too." I point out. 

Kevin chuckles and starts leaning forward. I close my eyes when I feel his lips press against mine. Our kiss isn't heated as it was earlier. It's sweeter and slower. I move my hands from his shoulders, and to the back of his neck. 

The heat of our bodies, and the warmth of the water, makes me feel lightheaded. The good lightheaded, though. 

We pull away and I place my head on his shoulder. The soothing sound of the waves starts to make me feel tired. 

Kevin walks out of the water and back to the sand. He sets me down when we reach our belongings. I slip my cover up back on, and put on my flip flops on. I wait for Kevin as he starts putting his shoes on and picking up our empty beers. 

He takes my hand and leads us back to the direction of the hotel. 

"Kevin." I say. 

Kevin hums as he gives my hand a little squeeze. 

"This was a fun night. I really enjoyed seeing you with my family and getting along with me. That proves how good of a boyfriend you are." I say honestly. 

I feel my cheeks heat up at my honesty. Kevin halts to a stop, and turns to me. 

"I enjoyed this night too. Even though I can be a jack ass sometimes, I will always be a good boyfriend to you." Kevin says.

His face is serious as he says that. My throat gets clogged with emotion, so I just nod my head and give him a shaky smile. I wrap my arms around his narrow waist, as I pull him in a hug. Kevin wraps his arm around my neck. 

We stand there under the shining stars as we enjoy our love for each other. 

~

It's seven in the morning, and my phone is constantly buzzing. I sigh at the annoying sound. I gently ease myself out of Kevin's arms, without waking him up, and reach for my phone on the bedside table.

I turn it on and see that I have 12 new messages from the group chat that I have with Sophia, Amber, Maya, and Aubrey.

How was the flight?! Are you guys okay with each other? -Sophia

Yeah, did the bastard apologize for what he did to you? -Aubrey

I'm pretty sure he did. -Amber

How do you know that Amber? -Sophia

Because I know Brooke, and if he didn't apologize to her, should would have brought her ass right back to New York. -Amber

You have a point. -Aubrey

Why is everyone texting so much? -Maya

Because we want to know how Brooke is doing with the asshole. -Aubrey

So much anger, Aubrey. -Sophia

Oh. -Maya

Brooke reply. Pleaseeee? -Amber

Yeah we're worried about you. -Sophia

I roll my eyes at their banter and type a quick message.

I am okay. He did apologize, and explained what happened. We're back together now. -Brooke

Oh that's good. We were worried about you. -Sophia

See, I knew I was right. -Amber

Shut up, Amber. -Aubrey

I'm glad that you're okay Brooke. Now I can get some of my work done, because some people wanted to keep texting. -Maya

I laugh at Maya's text. Even though she's the quiet one of the bunch, she's also the funny one, because she speaks the truth.

I agree with Maya. It's pretty early here and I'm tired. I'll talk to you guys soon. -Brooke

Okay, ttyl bestie! -Aubrey

Bye Brooke. I expect a call from you. I want to here how you guys made up ;) -Amber

You're so dirty minded Amber. Bye Brooke. Go get your sleep on. -Sophia

Bye. -Maya

I set my phone back down on the bedside table and cuddle back up in Kevin's arms. Kevin mumbles something, as he tightens his arms around me again.

I close my eyes and fall right back to sleep.

~

I am woken up by someone kissing my chest. I open my eyes slowly, and see that Kevin is kissing my chest tenderly. 

Kevin grins at me. He gives my chest one last kiss and sits up. He gives my lips a peck. "I figured that will wake you up." 

I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. Kevin places his hand on my hip, and runs his fingers, lightly, down my legs. I squirm at the ticklish feeling. Kevin stops and blinks at me. 

"You're ticklish?" He asks. 

I feel my body temperature heat up in embarrassment. I cast my eyes downward, and nod my head. I'm not only ticklish there, but I'm ticklish everywhere on my body. Kevin doesn't need to know that though. 

Kevin tilts my head up and gives me a kind smile. "It's okay. It's normal for you to be ticklish." He says softly. I start to relax, until his kind smile turns into a mischievous one, "But it's not okay for you to tell people that you are, or else they will do this." 

Kevin suddenly starts tickling me. I squeal and start laughing uncontrollably on the bed. Kevin puts his heavy weight on my as he continues tickling me. I try to push him off, but he's too heavy for me. 

"S-S-Stop! No more, p-p-please!" I say between laughs.

Kevin stops, and hums as if he is thinking if he should stop or not. He shrugs his shoulder and gets off of me. I place my hand on my heart. It is beating faster that usual. Kevin gives me a not so innocent smile. 

I glare at him as I sit up. I shove his chest as hard as I can. "That was not cool Kevin." I tell him. 

Kevin coos at me and places his hand on my cheek. "I'm sorry baby. I just find it amusing how ticklish you are." He caresses my cheek, and then pinches it. I yelp and slap his hand off. 

Kevin laughs and gets up from the bed. "Come on. Your mom called and said that breakfast starts at 10 and to be there on time." He tells me as he heads to the bathroom. 

 I look over at the clock on the bedside table, and check the time. It is 9:30. I have thirty minutes to get ready. I place my feet on the soft carpet, and start stretching. I get up and let out a yawn. 

Last night was one of the best nights I have had. I don't know if it's the relaxing atmosphere of the Bahamas, or that I'm back with Kevin and I'm as happy as ever. 

Kevin and I wash up and get dressed. When we finish getting ready, we head down to the main floor, and towards the cafeteria.

The loud chatter of my family brings us towards them. The first person to notice us is Darla, who is sitting on her husband's lap. She greets us both, and gestures us to sit next to them. I take Kevin's hand, and lead him over. We take a sit, and greet everyone at the table. I look around and notice that my dad's not here. 

I tap my mom's shoulder. She excuses herself from a conversation she was having, and turns to me. "Yes, sweetie?" she asks.

"Where's dad?" I ask curiously. 

She gives a small laugh, and places her hand on my arm. "No worries. He went fishing with your uncle and brother." 

That makes sense. My dad loves to fish, and I'm pretty sure the Bahama's water is filled with them. 

I nod my head in understanding, and turn to Kevin. I'm about to say something to him, until I realize he's talking to a guy who looks like he's around Kevin's age. 

I put my hand on his arm to get his attention. Kevin turns to me, and gives me a smile. "Hey babe. What's up?" he asks.

I silently ask him who he's talking to with my eyes. Kevin looks at me confused, until he realizes what I am asking. "Oh, this is Derek. A good friend of mine. He owns one of the best restaurants in New York." Kevin introduces us. 

The guy grins at me, and holds his hand out. "Nice to meet you. You must be Brooke. Kevin has been talking nonstop about you." Derek tells me. I watch as Kevin's cheeks turn red. This is amusing. Kevin being embarrassed, and talking about me to his friends. He is so cute.

I hold in my laughter, and instead smile back. "Nice to meet you too." I shake his hand.

The guy gives me a charming smile, and turns towards Kevin. "Well I'll see you soon Kevin. I gotta go back to the hotel and get ready for a meeting." He looks back at me. "Again, nice to meet you. It's nice to see who changed this cold-hearted man. I've never seen him smile at someone, other than his mother, like that." 

Kevin grumbles something that causes Derek to laugh. He slaps Kevin's shoulder and walks away. I am about to make fun of Kevin, until he suddenly stands up. He takes my hand and pulls me along towards the breakfast bar. 

"Are you embarrassed?" I tease him.

Kevin glares at me as he hands me a plate. I laugh at his reaction. I would have never thought teasing him could be so fun. For once I'm the one teasing. Not the one getting teased. 

I cover my plate with bacon, ham, eggs, and a bagel. I pour some apple juice in a cup, and pick up some strawberry yogurt. 

Kevin and I go to an empty table, since my family left us to go their own ways. I set my food down on the table, and take a seat. Kevin sits down beside me and we start eating. 

The food is absolutely delicious. It has a different, but unique taste to it. I moan in delight as I savor the food. Kevin reaches over, and pinches my cheek like he did earlier. I yelp and glare at him. He gives me an innocent look. 

"I'm sorry baby. Did that hurt?" He says in a baby voice. I glare at him, and slap his arm. Kevin doesn't even flinch. Instead he starts laughing. 

That must have been payback for me teasing him earlier. Strangely, that makes me a little sad. I don't know why though. I sigh and finish eating.

Kevin gets up to throw our food away. I get up and wait for him. Kevin walks towards me, and pulls me in an embrace. 

"I am truly sorry, baby." He apologizes. He kisses the cheek that he pinched. "Is that better?" The sadness that I was feeling goes away. It is replaced with a giddiness. 

I smile at him and peck his lips. Kevin grins at that and wraps his arm around my waist. "I'm glad that you're happy again. I have something planned for us today." He says excitedly. 

"What's that?" I ask curiously. 

Kevin smirks at me. "It's a surprise." 

I am excited, but nervous at the same time. I wonder what the surprise is. Knowing Kevin it's probably something extreme. 

I let Kevin lead me to our surprise destination, as I start feeling hesitant about his surprise. 

~

A/N: Here is chapter 19! Three more chapters, and an epilogue to go! I apologize for the wait. I've been working on my upcoming story 'Kiss Under the Moonlight'. I'm only working on chapter 1, but so far it's going good. If you haven't checked out the story, you should! 

If you're sad to see this couple come to a finish, then don't worry because I have another couple that you will fall in love with! 

Hope you enjoy, and I will see u in the next chapter. 

-Lisa ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 13.3K 95
Meet Sarah Reed, a seventeen year-old girl without a care in the world. Her life is what people would call average with a few ups and downs, overall...
416K 12.3K 26
Eric Lopez is the typical bad boy and notorious player. On top of all that the 21year old is also a cocky and arrogant spoiled rich boy. He is used t...
146K 6.4K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
670K 17.5K 32
Lexi is a 17 year old girl Moving into a new town of California. When she finds out her new neighbor is the bad boy /player of the school She doesn...