The Infiltrators (Second Book...

By BoyWonder53

"Lexi..."' he started. "I have to know. Do you want to be with me anymore?" "I-" I cut myself off. I didn't k... More

The Infiltrators (Second Book in the Revenge on the Boy Wonder Trilogy)
Calling in a Favor - Chapter 1
Down Under- Chapter 2
Somebody Call for a Fox?- Chapter 3
Hope for Us- Chapter 4
Pancakes- Chapter 5
Training- Chapter 6
You have your hobbies, and I have mine- Chapter 7
Coffee Run- Chapter 8
The Tate Modern- Chapter 9
What could go wrong?- Chapter 10
Secrets out-Chapter 11
Once a player, always a player-Chapter 12
We need to talk- Chapter 13
Exceptional Young Women- Chapter 14
Worst Chapter I have EVER written-chapter 15
The Truth- Chapter 16
Welcome to my world- Chapter 17
The Tour- Chapter 18
Home is where you are- Chapter 19
Simple, right? -Chapter 20
Reunited-Chapter 21
The Summit-Chapter 22
Nightingale
Chapter 23
Endgame- Chapter 24
Lost friends-Chapter 25
I need a break-Chpater 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue- Business As Usual

Are you with me?-Chapter 28

5.5K 200 111
By BoyWonder53

-Dick's POV-

I watched as Lexi walked out and shut the door behind her.  Sighing, I helped myself to a slice of pizza and decided that I would turn off my communicator. Lexi was right, I needed to relax. I was on my fifth slice when my cell phone went off. I recognized it as Barbra's ringtone, but decided to ignore it. When it went off a second, I figured that it must have been important, so got up and went to found it. I had gotten there too late though, and decided that if it was crucial, she would call back.

A few minutes later, there was a pounding on my door. Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I went to the door and opened it, only to be hit square in the chest by Tim's bo-staff, and fell backwards.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed as Barbra and Tim rushed in. Tim held the electrical end of his staff at my neck and pressed his boot down on my chest while Barbra closed the door behind them.

"When did Barbra Gordon first kiss Dick Grayson?!" Batgirl shouted in my face.

"Are you mad!?" I shouted back.

"Answer the question!"

"At my birthday party in ninth grade!!" I said. They both looked at each other and got off of me, allowing me to stand up.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

"We had to make sure it was really you, and not an imposter." Batgirl said.

"Where is your communicator?" Tim asked.

"On my bedside table, I think. Why? And why would you think that there was an imposter of me?"

"Because there was boom tube radiation that opened in Gotham near one of the Zeta tubes. We know that you're on a break, but we thought that it might be Savage, so we needed backup. Tim and I were on patrol and Batman is still at the Watchtower so he sent us. When we couldn't reach you or Lexi, we got worried."

"Wait, you said that the radiation came from one of the Zeta tubes in Gotham?" They nodded. "Shit." I mumbled, yanking out my cell phone and calling her. "The number you have dialed is out of range."  I bolted off into my room and returning a moment later in my uniform. "The Watchtower. Now."

They both nodded. "Come on. The Batplane is parked on the roof." Tim said, pointing to the window. We climbed out and ran up the fire escape to the roof, and boarded. At top speed, it only took us a few minutes to the Watchtower. As soon as we were docked we rushed into the mission room, where Captain Marvel and The Flash were, surprisingly, stretched out on the floor playing poker. But instead of betting money, they were betting cookies. You think I'm kidding? Tell that to the six packets of Chips Ahoy.

"What- never mind." I said, jogging over to the Super Computer.

"What are you kids doing here?" Flash asked.

"Explain later. Give me a sec." I replied, knowing that I could locate Lexi through the GPS I made sure to plant on her belt, just in case. "I'm going to track her."

"If you're going to track her, we could've used the computer at the Batcave. Why come here?" Batgirl asked.

"Because this way I can get a better world-wide range. The Batcave's signal gets weak outside of Europe, the America's, and Asia. She could be anywhere." I told them as I typed in a series of numbers. "Nothing." I said, staring in shock at the screen.

"Nothing?" Tim asked.

"Can someone please tell us what's going on?" Flash tried again.

"Nothing." I confirmed. "Why is it nothing!? This should be able to track her from anywhere in the world! She... It's like she disappeared off the face of the planet!"

"Don't worry, we'll find her." Batgirl assured me, then she turned to the Flash. "Fox is missing." she informed him.

"Fox to Watchtower. Come in, Justice League!" Lexi's voice blared through the speakers. I quickly accepted her call. Her face appeared on the screen, and she was moving, and fast. Her face was flushed and she kept looking behind her.

"Lexi, where the hell are you?" I asked. "Tim, record this."

"One second." she panted, fishing something out of her pocket and throwing it behind her, causing a large explosion. "I'm on the Warworld. Or, at least I think I am. Please, send back up!"

"How did you get there!?"

"Boom tube!" She turned a corner. It was obvious that she was losing steam. Who knows how long she'd been running for?

"Can you get to a control room? Get your coordinates. We have no idea where the Warworld is right now." Batgirl said.

"No, I can't! I'm running in circles! And I don't even think this is the Milky Way! And all these goddamned stars look the same!" She cried. Suddenly, an explosion flashed near her and she fell.

"Lexi!" I shouted. Luckily she got up again and continued running. She began slowing and then suddenly stopped, threw open a door, and slammed it shut.

"I'm in a closet." She whispered, catching her breath. "I-I know that they're going to catch me, so just, please hurry and find me." She whimpered, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks.

"Everything is going to be fine. Batgirl, try and track her signal."

"Already on it." Batgirl said, typing away furiously on the computer.

"Dick, I love you okay? Just in case something happens..."

"Don't talk like that. Everything is going to be fine, alright? Calm down. Barbra, hurry up!"

"I'm trying!" She shouted. "I have a signal but it's weak, I just need another minute!"

"We don't have another minute!"

"Dick," Lexi whispered, "listen." I listened, heard the sound we were dreading. Running footsteps.

"Hurry up!" I screamed to Batgirl.

"Just a second! The signal is getting stronger as we speak!"

"Lexi, it'll be okay. We're going to find you, okay? They're going to catch you, okay? They're going to take you. But I want you to fight, alright? Fight hard."

Even through the screen, in the dark closet she was in, I could see determination flash through her eyes. She pulled out her bo-staff, ready to fight."Okay. Dick, I love you."

"I love you to-" I began, but was cut off by the door of her hiding place being thrown open.

"Get away from me." Lexi warned. She must have decided to use both hands for her staff. because I was getting a view of someone's feet. Inhumanly large feet. Savage.

And then I heard something that would haunt me for the rest of my life. Lexi's piercing scream. From the view I was getting, I knew that she had been dragged from the closet and knocked to the ground hard. And then that giant foot hovered over the screen and pressed down. Then I heard an even worse sound. The sound of Lexi's wrist bone breaking. She let out another blood curling scream, and then the screen went black.

"SHIT!" I shouted, wanting nothing more than to strangle Savage with my bare hands. "DAMN IT! Barbra, tell me you've got her location." I pleaded. I could feel my eyes beginning to water.

"I have a general idea of where she is. But if she's in the War World, then they're on the move. Don't worry, we'll find her."

"Where was the Warworld last sighted?" Tim asked.

"The planet Rimbor." Batgirl informed him. "Looks like we have work to do. Gather the troops." She turned to me. "Call the Justice League."

I went to the computer and pressed the All Recipients button. "Nightwing to Justice League; Nightwing to Team. Requesting a full League and Team response to the Watchtower ASAP. I repeat, full League and Team response." An hour later, the Watchtower mission room was full with sleepy-eyed heroes in uniform. Well, some of them anyways. Impulse and Beast Boy showed up in their pajamas.

"Nightwing, what's happened." Batman's gruff voice asked. He was the only one aside from Batgirl, Robin, and I who seemed awake at this time of night.

"Fox was kidnapped," I said. There was a lot of whispers. ", by Vandal Savage."

"What? Savage is gone. And why would he want her?" Superman asked.

"I don't know!" I shouted. "I'm sorry, that was out of line. But I have no idea. But what we do know is that a boom tube opened and took her to the Warworld. And we know that Savage is on the Warworld. Batgirl, play the recording."

"Lexi, where the hell are you?" I asked. "Tim, record this."

"One second." she panted, fishing something out of her pocket and throwing it behind her, causing a large explosion. "I'm on the Warworld. Or, at least I think I am. Please, send back up!"

"How did you get there!?"

"Boom tube!" She turned a corner.

"Can you get to a control room? Get your coordinates. We have no idea where the Warworld is right now." Batgirl said.

"No, I can't! I'm running in circles! And I don't even think this is the Milky Way! And all these goddamned stars look the same!" She cried. Suddenly, an explosion flashed near her and she fell.

"Lexi!" I shouted. Luckily she got up again and continued running. She began slowing and then suddenly stopped, threw open a door, and slammed it shut.

"I'm in a closet." She whispered, catching her breath. "I-I know that they're going to catch me, so just, please hurry and find me." She whimpered, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks.

"Everything is going to be fine. Batgirl, try and track her signal."

"Already on it." Batgirl said, typing away furiously on the computer.

"Dick, I love you okay? Just in case something happens..."

"Don't talk like that. Everything is going to be fine, alright? Calm down. Barbra, hurry up!"

"I'm trying!" She shouted. "I have a signal but it's weak, I just need another minute!"

"We don't have another minute!"

"Dick," Lexi whispered, "listen." I listened, heard the sound we were dreading. Running footsteps.

"Hurry up!" I screamed to Batgirl.

"Just a second! The signal is getting stronger as we speak!"

"Lexi, it'll be okay. We're going to find you, okay? They're going to catch you, okay? They're going to take you. But I want you to fight, alright? Fight hard."

Even through the screen, in the dark closet she was in, I could see determination flash through her eyes. She pulled out her bo-staff, ready to fight. "Okay. Dick, I love you."

"I love you to-" I began, but was cut off by the door of her hiding place being thrown open.

"Get away from me." Lexi warned.

Everyone watched as Lexi was thrown from her hiding place and onto the hard floor. The inhumanly large feet were shown. Lexi's piercing scream was heard. And then that giant foot hovered over the screen and pressed down. Then,the sound that made my stomach lurch and churn: the sound of Lexi's wrist bone breaking. And finally, the sound that broke my heart: her blood curling scream, and then the screen went black.

"Oh my god." I heard Superman say from next to me. "Dick, we're going to find her, okay? But I can't send out the entire League or the entire Team and neglect Earth. I'm sorry son."

Then I did something that surprised everyone, including myself. I punched Superman square in the jaw. And he actually stumbled.

"He took my girl. And I will do anything to get her back." I sneered, narrowing my eyes at him. Everyone around me back up a few steps, probably knowing that if Superman stumbled, then they would be much worse off. "Either you're with me, or you're not. But I'm going after her." I glanced around the room and saw that everyone was staring at me in shock. They most likely all thought that I was crazy. Maybe I was, but it didn't really matter. "Fine, whatever. I'm gone."

"Wait!" I turned around to see Artemis step up. "I'm coming too. I know what it's like to lose the person you love."

"I didn't lose her." I whispered. "She was taken from me."

"Us too!" M'gann said, dragging Superboy and Beast Boy to where I stood.

"Same!" Robin said, stopping to grab Batgirl and Wonder Girl, but they shook their heads. He narrowed his eyes at her, but kept walking to join us. 

"As will I." said Aqualad, joining the small group that had gathered around us. "Guardian, I hand over command of the Team to you until I return." he said.

"It's settled then. All aboard who's coming aboard. Bio-ship is parked at the loading dock." We all turned and began to leave the mission room.

"Nightwing." Batman called, standing next to me. "Remember what I said. Don't let her go this time." I nodded, shaking his hand. Then he slapped me on the shoulder and I walked away. Not once did I look back.

"All systems go. Where to?" Miss Martian asked, sitting in the pilot chair.

"Rimbor." I told her, taking the chair at the head. "Thank you all for doing this... It's not too late to back out."

"We're all in, Dick." Artemis told me. "We'll find her, don't worry." And with that, we flew away from the Watchtower, away from Earth, and into space.

After a few hours, M'gann set the ship to auto-pilot to catch some sleep.

"You should do the same." She had said, motioning to everyone else who had already fallen asleep.

"Yeah, I will." I told her, not really meaning it. Eventually though, they were all knocked out, snoring.

"Hang in there baby, I'm coming for you." I whispered, twirling the engagement ring that I had bought months ago waiting for the perfect moment to propose, around in my hands. "I'm gonna to find you."

The End (there will be an Epilogue)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAM! It's finished, sort of....!!!! omg pleaseee COMMENT!!! I'm REALLLYY self conscious about this chapter. There will be an epilogue!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 190 5
STAR WARS, ONE SHOTS © lupesune 2021 mainly CLONE WARS on hiatus
651K 19.5K 66
(ZUKOxOC) Soana: Princess of The Northern Water Tribe, a beloved sister to Princess Yue, and daughter of Chief Arnook. A betrothal to Prince Zuko to...
110K 2.4K 25
Aida arrived as a young child to the South Pole Water Tribes after a Fire Nation raid. Left alone when everyone had left, a kind old lady decided to...
29.8K 605 26
"hey, when you grow up, will we still get to hang out like this?" "yeah? i mean, of course we will!" "but you'll be busy as a holy knight and i'll ju...