Falling For You (One Directio...

By TeenWolfie1D

17 year old Kalea Styles has been in love with Liam Payne since they met as young kids. He's her other half... More

Chapter 1-First Day Back
Chapter 2- Memories
Chapter 3-She Seems Nice
Chapter 4-Well Hello There
Chapter 5-Control
Chapter 6-Friends With Benefits
Chapter 7-The New Girl
Chapter 8-Getting To Know You
Chapter 9-What Matters Most
Chapter 10-Not Alone
Chapter 11-Just Friends
Chapter 12-Jenni?
Chapter 13-Kalea's Wish
Chapter 14-What Happened That Night
Chapter 15-A Broken Harry
Chapter 16-Moment of Truth
Chapter 17-The Untold
Chapter 18-Gaining Courage
Chapter 19-Baby Steps
Chapter 20-Problems Arise
Chapter 21-The Beginning
Chapter 22- Party Crashers
Chapter 23-Dirty Little Secret
Chapter 24-Forgive Me, Forgive Me Not
Chapter 25-A Night In
Chapter 26-Serenaded With a Kiss
Chapter 27-Heartbreak, Heartache
Chapter 28- "You're what?"
Chapter 29- When the Truth Sinks In

Chapter 30- "I'm in love with you..."

400 25 12
By TeenWolfie1D

Kalea's POV

December 20

"Louis, what are we going to do for your birthday?" I asked as we carried groceries out of the car and into my house.

"Don't worry about it Kalea.  I don't want you to make a big deal about it.  I'm probably going to just hang out with my family too.  Every Christmas we go up to our house in Lake Tahoe and hang out in the snow over there," he said as we got to the door.

As I pulled out my key, I said, "Well what if I want to make your birthday special this year?  Our 2 month is coming up on your birthday too...."

"I could never forget!" he said with a smile as we got inside the house and put the groceries on the counter.

"I'm home!" I shouted out as the two of us started to empty out the bags.

"Thanks for doing the food shopping this week guys.  You're a huge help," my mom said walking into the kitchen giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"How are you Louis?" my dad said coming in right behind her.

"I'm good, and you?" Louis replied.

"Great, thanks!  It's good to be home," he replied.

"Dad, you say that every day, and you have been home for two weeks now," I said to him.

"So?  I can't say that I'm happy to be home with my kids for once?  Speaking of which, where is my other kid?  HARRY!" he called.

"I'm here," Harry said walking out of his room with Zayn.

"Zayn!" I walked over and hugged him tightly.

"Kalea!  Nice to see you again.  I haven't seen you all break!" he replied.

"I know!  You've been out with Harry 24/7, and I'm starting to think you like him more than me!" I said jokingly.

"I could never," he smiled.

"Hey!" Harry said, "Stick to your own boyfriend and let me have mine!"

"I know, I know, Zayn is yours Harry.  My boyfriend's better though.  Look," I said pulling out a pair of lollipops, "we even buy matching lollipops to eat together!  Best couple status right here."

Louis laughed at me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Okay, okay enough of your couply stuff," my dad said eyeing Louis in a joking way.

"Sorry Dad," I replied with a smile, "I can't help it." I looked at Louis.

"Okay stop you're hurting my eyes," Harry said.

Zayn let out a weak laugh and concentrated on the bag of apples in front of him.

"I wish you guys could have come with us to London.  We'll have to take you back with us sometime," my mom said.

"Definitely, it seems like fun!" I said putting the last of the food into the refrigerator.

"Well, I think we're done here.  Come on Zayn," Harry said heading back to his room.

"Kalea!  I just thought of the best idea!" Louis said.

"Go on...?" I replied as we walked up the stairs to my room.

"Okay, so why don't we spend my birthday/our anniversary together!"

"That's what I was saying earlier!" I said.

"No I mean, you should come with my family and spend Christmas with us in Lake Tahoe.  It's perfect!  My family already loves you and sees you all the time when you come over!"

"Well half your family, I haven't met two of your sisters yet," I replied.

"Don't worry, they'll love you too!  Come on Kalea, you said you wanted to spend my birthday with me!  Why don't you?" Louis suggested.

"I have to think about it.  My parents got home two weeks ago and they'd probably want me to spend Christmas with them.  Lou, I want to spend time with you on your birthday but I don't know if it can be without my family."

He peered down at his feet for a second in defeat.  He looked cute as he bit his lip in thought. 

"I'll be right back.  I have an idea, but you're going to have to stay here until I come back, okay?"

"Okay?" I questioned as he kissed my cheek and went downstairs and through the front door.

That was weird. I laughed at myself. He's one strange guy.

I collapsed onto my bed and I thought of everything that happened before break started.  Everything with Liam, with Kayla and Zayn and Harry, with Niall and Cat, and even with Lizzie and Josh.

I haven't been the same with Liam since he told me he loved me, but who would?  He's the same person and he still tries to talk to me, but it's different now.  Thinking about it makes me realize, this is what would have happened if I told him first. Or would it?  I question what things would be like if I had told him and he figured out he felt the same.

But then I think even more, do I want things to be different than they are now?

And the answer is no.  Because of Louis.  He's keeping me grounded, and I know that everything is perfect with him.

On to Kayla and Harry.  Harry ended up talking to Kayla, but they aren't as close as before.  Right there is an example of a great friendship ruined because of feelings getting in the way.  I know that Harry has gotten over Kayla; he doesn't look at her the same anymore.  Kayla has actually found another guy that she met at a party.  I haven't seen her all of break either, but she's texted me about her new guy named Isaac.

As for Zayn, he's on good terms with Harry now and doesn't speak to Kayla as much as before either.  I've definitely grown closer to him despite Kayla's warning.  I don't like him in that way, but at least now I can refer to him as a friend.

Niall has been trying to reach Cat in any way possible, but it's not working out that well for him.  It's as if she blocked him out of her life, even though she claims to be in love with him.  She needs to give the poor boy a chance because he's a train wreck.  I talked to Liam about how he's doing, and he said that he's not as happy as before.  He tries to hide it, but you can see he's different too.

Lizzie and Josh have been closer than ever, but nothing more than friendship goes on between the two.  Thinking about it, we always double date, but they never count it as a date.  I can tell that Josh likes her more than that, even though Lizzie can't see him outside the friend-zone.

Louis soon got back to my house and found me laying on my bed.

"You alright babe?" he said sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, just deep in thought.  Where'd you go?" I asked now sitting up.

"Home, and guess what?"

"What?"

"My parents said it was okay for your family to come spend Christmas with us as long as yours are okay with it!"

"What!" I exclaimed, "Louis that's amazing!  That would be perfect!  How did this even happen?"

"Well, they know that I want to spend my birthday with you and the perfect way to do so is to bring your family down with us to the house!" he replied.

"You're the best!  This is going to be so much fun!" I said.

"How is there enough room?" I asked.

"Well, there are five bedrooms with two beds in each room because usually we each get our own room, then a bedroom for my parents, and also a guest room.  I arranged it with my parents that your parents can have the guest room and the twins can share a room."

"That's only one room open, so you're sharing with Harry?" I asked.

"No silly, I convinced my parents that you'll be sharing with me," he said with a smirk.

"And they said that was okay?" I raised my eyebrows. 

I noticed his face inching closer to mine.

"Yes they did," Louis said as our foreheads touched, his cool breath against my lips.

"And you won't be tempted to do anything..." I said as my lips hovered over his.

"I...I..." he stuttered.

I moved my lips across to his ear.

"Can you handle being alone with me, your parents in the next room, without...trying...anything?" I whispered as my hand trailed down his chest.

Louis' cheeks puffed out, his eyebrows wrinkled, and he let out a deep breath as he tried to contain himself.  I laughed at the control I had on him.

"Kalea...I..."

"What..." I whispered as I kissed his cheek and his nose before getting back to hovering over his lips.

"You tease," Louis suddenly said, roughly grabbing my hips and threw me back on my pillows as he crawled on top of me.

I let out a laugh as he attacked my lips with his and left kisses along my neck.

"AH!" I heard someone else say at the door.

"HARRY!" I yelled, rolling my eyes as Louis got off me.

I found my brother with his hands over his eyes standing at my door.

"Sorry..." he squeaked out.

"You have to learn about this thing called knocking!" I said as I took him by the ear and led him back downstairs.

"Ow!  At least it wasn't Mom or Dad who walked in.  I was bored because Zayn had to leave."

"Go do something else Harry!  We're a little busy!" I said in annoyance.

"Sorry!" he said as he got back to his room.

"Louis!" I called, soon seeing him race down the stairs.

"Wanna come with me as I ask my parents about Christmas?" I asked.

"Of course."

I walked to my parent's room and found my mom on her computer.

"Hey Mom?" 

"Yes sweetie?"

"Louis and I had this idea about Christmas.  We wanted to spend some time together and his family is going to his house in Lake Tahoe and they have some extra room..."

I watched my mom as she stopped typing on her computer and turned to face me.

"And you want to go?" she eyed me.

"They want us to go," I replied.

"All of us?"

"Yes, all of us."

"Well then, Louis tell Jo we will have all of our stuff packed and ready to go by...what day is it?  I have to tell your dad about this Kalea first, but I'm definitely okay with the idea!"

"We're leaving on the 23rd, it's the day before my birthday," Louis said with a smile.

"Well, happy early birthday Louis.  Let me just talk to my husband and I'll let you know.  Thanks for the offer.  It's really kind of you to invite us," my mom said.

"You're very welcome," my boyfriend replied politely.

"Thanks Mom!  Louis and I are going to go back upstairs..." I said as we walked away with smiles.

The moment we got to the stairs, Louis grabbed my waist and wrapped his arms around me.  I hugged him tightly with a squeal.

"We're going to spend your birthday together!" I said excitedly.

"And our anniversary!" he added.

"Of course!  I'm so happy!"

"Me too babe, me too," he said with a peck on my lips.

December 23

The cool winter breeze whistled in my ear as I admired the snow-covered trees out the window.  What a beautiful sight, I thought to myself as I sat on the window seat writing in my journal.

"What are ya thinking about babe?" Louis said coming up behind me.

"Just how pretty this place is," I said turning around.

"Yeah, it is isn't it?" Louis replied.

"I'm happy you invited us," I said reaching my neck up to peck his lips.

"And I'm happy you came," he said gently, running his hand through my hair.

He kissed me again more deeply, and I gasped for a second before settling into it.

"Follow me," he said breaking the connection, "I want to show you something."

He took my hand and led me out of the room, and soon after out the back door.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I just want to show you something I found as a little boy.  Don't worry, you'll love it," he replied.

I followed him through the snow covered yard and to the stone wall.

"Here, take my hand," he said as he helped me over the stones and we walked among the tall trees.

"How far is this?" I asked, for we were walking pretty far from the house.

"Do you trust me?" he looked at me with a smile.

"Of course, but we're getting pretty deep in the woods."

"We're almost there," he said looking up into the trees.

"Whatcha looking for?" I asked.

"Shh, hold on.  We're here. Close your eyes," he said.

"Wait, whaa..."

"Just close them babe," he said looking at me before I shut my eyes.

"I found this place when I was about seven.  It was the day before my birthday, so exactly ten years ago."

I felt his rough and callused hands take mine as he led me about ten more steps ahead.

"Open your eyes."

I slowly blinked my eyes open and saw a large, drizzled trunk.

"A tree?" I questioned.

"This tree is the biggest one in the entire woods," Louis said.

"How do you even..."

"I don't.  I found this when I was seven Kalea, remember?  I was wandering through the forest, ya know just exploring like any other seven year old boy would do.  I came across this tree and it was bigger than all the others I passed."

Thinking about it, I realized it was a really large tree.

"Therefore, I declared it the biggest in the woods," Louis said proudly.

I laughed at his statement.

"It gets better," he said, "Follow me."

I watched as he grabbed a branch and started to climb up the side.

"Are you sure that's safe?" I said with caution.

"I've done this a billion times K, come on!" Louis said.

I moved toward the tree and felt its cold branches before starting to climb myself.

"See, you can do it," Louis said teasing me.

"What if I fall?" I said looking down, feeling a lump in my throat.

"Kalea, look at me," he said from above me.

"You don't have anything to worry about.  Just keep looking up, I promise you'll be okay," he said.

I smiled as we continued to climb.

"Here we are," Louis said as he pulled himself onto a big branch, shaped like a seat.

"This is like a perfect place for sitting actually," I said pulling myself up after him.

"I carved this myself a couple years ago.  This is kind of my safe place.  I can be completely alone here just to stop and breathe," Louis said.

"That's really nice Lou," I replied.

"This is the best part," he said, "Check out the view."

For the first time, I actually looked around to see the tops of some trees through other tangled branches.  I could see the gray sky and the tops of some trees.

"This is like an opening to see the rest of the world.  You can even see the top of the house," I said pointing through.

"I chose this spot for that reason.  It's a perfect view and a perfect spot to be both alone, or," he continued by turning to me, "with someone you love."

I smiled when he looked at me with nothing but compassion in his eyes.

"Let's carve our names here.  This can be our place Lou, if that's okay.  We can be at the top of the world here.  Just you and me."

"Let's do it," Louis said as he took a pocket knife out.

I felt his chin on my shoulder as both our hands wrapped around the base of the knife.  It slowly carved into a heart with an LT + KS in the middle.

"Perfect, like you," he whispered in my ear.

I giggled as I turned toward him and kissed him.

"And you're perfect for me," I said when we broke apart.

December 24

I slowly started to open my eyes and I turned on my back.  I stared at the ceiling in front of me and smiled.

"Louis?" I turned to face his bed, only to find no one in it.

I heard footsteps outside the door, soon opened by none other than my brown-headed boyfriend.

"Good you're awake!" he exclaimed as he kissed my forehead.

"Happy Birthday!" I said to him as I sat up in bed.

"Happy Anniversary," he replied before sitting next to me.

"I'll be right back babe," he added before running back out of the room.

No later than a minute, he appeared back in the room with breakfast on a tray.

"What is this? Louis you shouldn't have, it's your birthday! Not mine," I said to him as he placed the tray on my lap.

"But I wanted to make this for you!  I was so excited to make this for you on our special day," he said.

"Only because it makes you happy, but your gift is going to be two times better because it's your birthday and our anniversary," I said before digging in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we both finished our breakfast, I got dressed and ready for the special day ahead.

"Good morning Kalea," Louis' mom said as I walked into the kitchen, where she was sitting with my own mom and dad.

"Good morning Jo, Mom, Dad," I said greeting all of them.

"How was your sleep?" my mom asked.

"Really good, slept the whole night through," I replied.

Louis soon followed in after me and stood by my side at the counter.

"Happy Birthday babe," Jo said walking over to give Louis a kiss on his forehead.

"Thanks Mom," Louis replied.

"What are your plans for today?" my dad asked us.

"Well, I was planning to take Kalea skiing today, then probably just a nice dinner afterwards," Louis replied wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Sounds really nice," my mom replied.

"We'll be heading out soon, but we'll make sure to say goodbye when we leave," Louis said as we went back to the room to finish getting ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After skiing 

"That was so much fun Louis! Definitely one of my favorite experiences!" I said to Louis as we got back into the house.

"Me too!  You know, you make the perfect ski partner," he said as we got to our room and started to take off our ski clothes.

"Thanks Lou, you're not bad yourself, even though I totally beat you on the slopes," I said with a wink at him.

"Oh no way, you were definitely not better than I was out there," Louis said tackling me on the bed.

"Ah!" I screeched and giggled as he tickled me.

"Lou!" I said through my fit of laughter.

"Not til you say that I was better!"

"No!"

"Then it'll get worse!!" Louis said as he continued to tickle me.

"Stop Louis!" I said through the tears of laughter forming in my eyes.

"Nope!"

"Okay, okay! You were better than me!" I said giving up.

"Good!" Louis said stopping.

"So what now?" I said collapsing on the bed next to him.

"I'm gonna get in the shower and we can get ready for dinner.  We're going somewhere really special," he said before hopping into the bathroom.

I smiled and stared at the ceiling, until suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

Sitting up, I was surprised to see Zayn walk through the door.

"Zayn!" I said getting up to hug him. "What are you doing here?" 

"Harry called me to tell me he was getting bored waiting around the house as you and Louis went on a date, so I came up myself to keep him company," he said hopping onto the bed next to me.

"Where's Lou?" he asked.

"Shower, we just went skiing. Where's Harry?"

"Eating in the kitchen.  I thought I'd just come see you to say hi," he said with a grin.

"Well, hello," I said returning the smile and getting up off the bed.

"Help me out.  I'm going out with Louis tonight for a birthday/anniversary celebration and I brought about 10 outfits to wear.  I can't decide!" I said walking to the closet.

"We'll let me see what you have," he replied standing up close to me.

"I'm narrowing it down to this red one or this silver one," I said holding up two different dresses.

He grabbed the red dress and put it on the bed.  Taking my hand, he put the silver one against my skin.

"This one," he said.

"Since when are you an expert?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Since you asked me to help you," he replied with a smirk. "Here, put it on."

"But I'm all gross from skiing!" 

"Kalea, it's fine.  Just let me see," he said to me.

"Fine, but no peeking," I said to him.

He smirked and mumbled something under his breath.

I slipped out of my pants and shirt and into the silver dress.  I turned to see Zayn already facing me.

"You were looking!" I said annoyed.

"Couldn't resist," he said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," I heard Zayn say as I heard another pair of footsteps come up behind me.

"You're beautiful," I heard Louis whisper in my ear, wrapping his arms around me.

"You better not be wet, Lou.  I'm wearing this tonight."

"Oh, I'm not the one who's going to be wet tonight," he said with a wink in my direction as he strolled to the closet in just his towel.

I felt heat crawl up to my cheeks, realizing that Zayn was still in the room distracted by his shoes.

"I'm gonna shower," I said quickly before picking up my things and walking into the bathroom.

Is this really going to happen tonight? Answer: yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kalea, you look beautiful," my mom said at the doorway of my and Louis's room.

"Thanks mom," I said running my hands down my dress in front of the mirror.

"So grown up," she said walking over behind me.  "You're almost 18, Kalea, you'll soon be graduating, living on your own, not needing an adult to watch you when your father and I have to travel for work.  I'm so proud of the person you've become, and I want you to know that, if anything special is happening tonight, I trust that you're old enough to be smart and cautious." 

I looked at my mom with wide eyes.

"Mom...we aren't talking about this."

"I know you're smart and can make your own decisions, but don't be pressured to do anything..."

"Mom, stop! I'm fine," I said holding her shoulders.

"Okay, okay, I'll leave you to finish getting ready," she said with a smile.

"Thanks mom," I said leading her out the door.

"Protection!" she whispered before completely out the door.

"Mom!" I said shutting the door.

I laughed to myself as I walked back to the mirror.

I looked at my reflection, scanning over my features.

The only person I can see myself with is him.  Louis.  I'm really happy with Louis.  Whenever I'm with him, he makes me feel alive.  I see him and my heart pounds out of my chest, and it surprises me every time when he doesn't say he hears it too.  My breath gets caught and it gives me the feeling that I could do anything when he's around.  I love the way his eyes light up when he sees me too.  Like I'm the only one around.  

I've never experienced what it is to love before, but I've realized what I've been missing out on.  The way he kisses me is different than any other.  The way he touches me, it's like I'm so fragile he never wants to let me go. And I can't even imagine the way he would love me. Tonight is going to be perfect.  Nothing can get in the way of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Close your eyes," Louis said to me as we got to a small Italian restaurant just outside of town.

"Why? Aren't we here?" I asked a bit confused.

"Not yet," he replied before saying again, "Close your eyes."

"Okayyy..." I said before closing my eyes.

He slipped my hand into mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Just let me guide you," he said before I heard him leading me forward and through the door."

I followed him blindly, and felt a different ground under my feet as we stepped into what I assumed was an elevator.

"Are you kidnapping me Louis?" I asked as I felt us travel upward.

"You caught me Kalea," he said, and I could tell he had his usual half smile plastered on his face.

"Seriously though, are we almost there at least?"

"You really need to learn how to be patient," he said to me, "but yes we are here. Stand here." 

He lead me to a spot before stopping me and backing away.

"Open."

At his command, I fluttered my eyes open to see the most beautiful view of the city covered in snow.  We were on the rooftop, decorated with Christmas tree lights strung along the top.  And it was all ours.

"I wanted to make this special, for my favorite girl," Louis said wrapping his arms around my tall figure.

"This is perfect," I said turning to him.

I spotted living-room-designed rooftop with a rug, a table, a couch, about 10 blankets, and dinner sitting on the table.

"I'm starving!" I said taking his hand and heading toward the couch. 

"That's my girl. Let's eat!" he said in reply.

As we sat on the couch together, I saw Louis smiling in the corner of my eye.

"Someone's all smiley," I said nudging him.

"Why wouldn't I be? I get to have an amazing meal with an amazing girl at  possibly the most amazing time of the year."

"Sounds amazing," I replied sarcastically.

"It is!" he replied stuffing his face with spaghetti.

 "This is probably one of the best meals I've had in a while, I can admit to that," I said to him.

"I'm glad you like it," he said putting his plate down on the table.

"Full already?" I asked as I put mine down beside his.

"No, but I just wanted to say something that I can't keep quiet about anymore."

"You're scaring me Lou," I said.

"No, it's anything but scary, I mean its scary for me to say it, but I want to mean it with all my heart and for you to..."

"Louis, just say what's on your mind," I said placing my hand lightly on his.

"Kalea," he said looking into my eyes, "I know we haven't known each other for a very long time, but to me, it feels like a lifetime.  We are as close as best friends could be, and you're also the most perfect girlfriend anyone could ask for.  You're loyal and honest, I can't even describe how lucky I feel that you decided to give me a chance.  I want to be with you for a really long time Kalea.  It's only been 2 months, but I can just feel that we are meant to be a lot longer than that. This might be quite cheesy, but I wanted to give you this," he said pulling out a box from his jacket. No, not the size of a ring, but the size of a bracelet.

 "It's a charm bracelet," he said opening the box, "and I want you to have it.  There is only one charm on it so far, and it's an L.  Hopefully you can figure out what that stands for.  I want to be there for all your ups and downs, and I want to be the one to add a charm each time we have a Louis Kalea day.  It represents my love for you. Please don't let me go.  I'm in love with you, Kalea Styles."

I didn't realize I was crying until he slipped the bracelet on me and a tear fell on my wrist.  

I responded by hovering my lips slowly above his.  My bottom lip slightly brushed his own, and I looked from his lips to his eyes. I let my arms slip around his neck before lightly pushing myself toward him, ending up with one of the sweetest and meaningful kisses I have ever experienced.

"I'm in love with you too, Louis."

He smiled pressing his forehead to mine as he slowly crawled onto me, pressing his soft lips on mine. His hands ran through my long curls, continuing to kiss me, getting rougher as he was now completely on top of me.

"What if someone..." I started to say.

"I already took care of it," he said before pressing his lips back onto mine.

I smiled as he started to leave a trail down my neck, finding a sweet spot right under my chin. 

"Louis.." I moaned into his kisses.

Slowly running my hands down his muscled chest, I grabbed the bottom hem of his shirt and started to lift it.

"Are you sure?" Louis asked staring into my brown eyes.

"Never been more certain," I said with a smile, as he returned it with a smirk.

"Kalea Styles, you are in for the time of your life," he said as he ran his fingers down my spine, unzipping my dress.

"I love you," I whispered to him, before he pulled out a little plastic square from his wallet.

Oh my god it's been forever, I'm soooo sorry for lack of updates. I love you guys 8 reviews. Thanks loves. AND please go check out my new story, "Right Place Right Time" in my Works. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 16 13
Meet Harry Styles. A 17 year old who doesn't talk to anyone. All he does is sit at home and study; nothing more. Unlike the rest of the people in Har...
7.4K 127 10
Laila is a typical nineteen-year-old girl who is very determined about her future. She goes to study at MIT where she encounters Zayn Malik from the...
24K 862 100
Y/N is an 18 years old girl . Niall and Harry fell in love with her . who will she choose and what will happen when the other is not chosen . will he...
67.8K 875 21
Kendra and Harry Styles were bestfriends. But when Harry leaves for x-factor and becomes part of One Direction, he abandons Kendra, who depended heav...