Accidentally In Love (NCIS: L...

By loveandchocolate

NCIS Special Agent Kensi Blye, and LAPD Liaison Marty Deeks have been through it all together. They say they'... More

Chapter 1- Taken
Chapter 2- Hurt
Chapter 3- Broken
Chapter 4- Found
Chapter 5- Weak
Chapter 6- Free
Chapter 7- Return
Chapter 8- Sunk
Chapter 9- Withdrawn
Chapter 10- Alone
Chapter 11- Undercover
Chapter 12- Party
Chapter 13- Surf
Chapter 14- Closer
Chapter 15- Made
Chapter 16- Dodged
Chapter 17- Normal
Chapter 18- Watching
Chapter 19- Battle
Chapter 20- Shadows
Chapter 21: Visitors
Chapter 22- Infected
Chapter 23-Goodbye
Chapter 24- Sent
Chapter 25- Torn
Chapter 27- Dream
Chapter 28- Prisoner
Chapter 29- Endgame (Pt. 1)
Chapter 30- Endgame (Pt. 2)
Chapter 31- Psych
Chapter 32- Grief
Chapter 33- Determined
Chapter 34-Waiting
Chapter 35- Ghosts
Chapter 36- Comatose
Chapter 37-Searching
Chapter 38- Secrets
Chapter 39- Affairs
Chapter 40- Improv
Chapter 41- Business
Chapter 42- Surveillance
Chapter 43- Sleep
Chapter 44- Betrayal
Chapter 45- Drowning
Chapter 46- Buddy
Chapter 47- Cheating
Chapter 48- Identified
Chapter 49- Escalate
Chapter 50- Tell Me a Story
Chapter 51- Revelations
Chapter 52- Dead
Chapter 53- Revenge
Chapter 54- Alive
Chapter 55- Forms
Chapter 56- Family
Chapter 57- Christmas
Chapter 58- Renko
Chapter 59- Thoughts
Chapter 60- Eruption
Chapter 61- Vacation (Pt. 1)
Chapter 62- Vacation (Pt. 2)
Chapter 63- Vacation (Pt. 3)
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter 26- New

8.9K 109 33
By loveandchocolate

Chapter 26- New

Deeks' POV

It has been exactly four weeks, two days, seven hours, and thirty-one minutes since Kensi went undercover. I have resorted to listening to old voicemails from her just to hear her voice. A year without her is going to be way too long for me to handle.

On top of my rising insanity, Riley has been nothing short of a pain in my ass this whole time. She is the type of girl that always has to have eyes on here; the center of attention. I am yet to see the day that Riley doesn't mope until someone asks her what the problem is, only to find themselves trapped in an hour long conversation about cramps. My trick for staying out of her vortex is just walking away after a few minutes. It's rude, but she doesn't like talking to me anymore, which is good. 

*Whistle*

"We have a case!" Yelled Eric from upstairs. 

"Oh well, we can continue our conversation in the car." Riley smiled at me. Conversation? She was talking to me this whole time?

"Mr. Deeks. A word?" Hetty called as I turned the corner to go upstairs.

"Now? Don't I have to be briefed for the case?" I asked cautiously.

"I will brief you after we finish our little chat, now sit." 

I glanced back at Callen and Sam who were watching from the landing. They both had smug smirks across their faces. 

"Is something wrong?" 

"Not exactly. I just wanted to talk to you about your recent partner change." Hetty sipped from her teacup as she stared straight into my eyes. It felt like she could see right down into my soul and read my inner thoughts.

"Oh, Riley? She's, uh, nice."

"But?" 

"But...?"

"She's not Kensi, is she." 

"Well, no." 

Hetty sighed and folded her hands on top of the desk.

"You have to accept the fact that undercover agents sometimes have to go away for awhile. Temporary agents are still part of the team, whether you like it or not. Just because you and Kensi are very... close... doesn't mean you can be cold towards her replacement."

"I know, I just miss her." 

"We all do, Mr. Deeks, but Ms. Filade is just here to help. Befriend her, make her feel welcome. Maybe show her around LA."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Good. Now if you hurry, you can make the end of the briefing." 

*^*^*^*

The case was short and easy. Two days, and the culprit forging military ID's was taken into custody. He cracked as soon as Sam walked in the interrogation room door. Since we had the rest of the day off, I deceided to take some of Hetty's advice and hang out with Riley.

"Thanks for asking me out, Marty. It's really hard to make friends here."

"That's LA!" I chuckled.

"Yeah... So, where are we going?" Riley asked.

"Just a pretty cool bar I like to go to sometimes." 

"Oh okay." She sighed. 

"What? You don't like bars?" 

"Well a bar is a bar, Marty! We have a million bars in St. Louis that are probably exactly the same."

"So where do you want to go?" I groaned. Why does she have to be so high maintainence?

"Lets go dancing!" She squealed.

"Dancing? No, I'm not taking you dancing." 

"Why not?" She whined.

"I don't even take my girlfriend dancing, why would I take my temporary partner?"

"Girlfriend?" Her face fell. Whoops, didn't mean to let that slip out.

"Um, yeah, who said I couldn't have a life outside of work?" I tried to play it off cooly.

"You have a... girlfriend. This is just great. I'm out with a taken man." Riley rubbed the bridge of her nose tenderly.

"Did you think this was a date?" I yelled. She glared at me.

"Of course I did! Why else would I wear heels and a coctail dress? Why else would you ask me to go out on a Friday night?"

"As FRIENDS, as PARTNERS! I thought I made that perfectly clear."

"Well you obviously need to work on your communication skills." She screamed back at me. My heart dropped at the familar phrase. Kensi has once again taken over my thoughts. My mouth and ears seemed to stop working as Riley droned on and on.

"Marty?! Are you even listening?" Riley poked me in the shoulder.

"i'm taking you home. I can't deal with this right now." I grunted, doing a U turn in the middle of the intersection. 

"Marty? What's going on?" Her tone softened suddenly.

"None of your damn buisness." I snapped.

"Well you aren't gonna drag me out just to take me back. I'm sorry I yelled at you, lets just go to that bar now."

"No." 

"Marty, please."

I don't know what came over me, but I sighed and started driving back into the city. 

We got to the bar, and took a small booth in the back of the restaraunt. I ordered a beer, and sank down in my chair, ready to disappear.

"What's your problem?" Riley asked, taking a sip of her martini.

"Stuff, okay."

"What kind of stuff."

"Personal stuff."

"What kind of per-"

"Riley, shut up." I said bluntly. Her mouth opened in slight shock.

"Well you don't have to be so rude about it. If you didn't want to tell me you just would have said so in the first place..." 

"I DID tell you I wasn't going to talk about it with the person I barely know anything about."

"Then lets get to know each other." She reached across the table to take my hand. I pulled it down under the table quickly. 

"I'd rather just go home. This was a mistake." I laid a ten on the table for our drinks and started to get up.

"Marty, sit your ass back down in this seat and talk to me." Riley yelled, putting her hands on her hips strictly.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Ass, seat, now!" 

I slowly sat back down.

"Okay, since the whole personal communication thing isn't working out, lets talk about work."

"Fine." I folded my arms across my chest.

"So, um, what's the story with you and your partner?"

"Story?"

"There's always a story. How you started off, when you started trusting each other, good times, bad times, etc."

Should I talk about Kensi? If something slips out about us being together...

"Kensi and I met for the first time undercover. She was under for NCIS, and I was the man on the inside for LAPD. We didn't know that at the time though."

The adventures of Kensi and me started pouring out of me. 

"... So she just leaves with them, and they lock her in a room rigged with bombs. I had to help her get around the freaking lazors with my target pointer..."

After awhile, I really couldn't stop.

"...then she sent a guy to the ICU using her bare hands and his own gun, jacked his car, and drove to it's GPS destination..."

Riley sat before me, almost fascinated by our partnership. She seemed to hold onto every word I said.

"So that's the story with Kensi and me. Are you happy now?" I finished.

"Yes. Now we can go home." She nodded happily.

"Thank God." I slid out of the booth and began towards the door, Riley behind me. For once, the car ride was silent. We had both said all that was needed, or so I thought.

"Thanks for the night, Marty. I actually had a good time." Riley smiled when I pulled up to her apartment.

"Yeah, I think I did too. Here, I'll walk you up." 

We began up the stairs of her complex. When we reached the door, she turned to me instead of putting in the key.

"What is your girlfriend like?" 

"I thought we agreed on no personal questions." 

"Well you talked so highly and in detail of Kensi, why not one word of your girlfriend?" She smirked.

"Kensi and I are like, um, brothers. We argue, get physical at times, but we always have each other's back. I honestly see Kensi more than I see my girlfriend."

"So do you really have a girlfriend?" 

"Yeah. I just said that." I ran my fingers through my hair. She was getting a little confusing.

"And yet Kensi isn't here, and you're out with me instead of the girlfriend. You could be with her right now."

"She's a little busy right now."

"Oh really?" Riley stepped towards me. WIth a swift movement, she leaned in and planted her lips on mine. Paniced, I pushed back on her shoulders causing her to loose her footing and tumble to the ground.

"What the fuck was that?!" I screamed, wiping my mouth on my sleeve.

"You don't actually have a girlfriend, do you?"

"You're crazy. No, I just work for the crazy." She glared, a sinister look gleaming through her eyes.

"You what?" I stepped backwards, my back against the wall.

"Just because your partner isn't here doesn't mean you're off the hook, Marty. The King doesn't wait on anyone." 

"King?! Who are-" was all I could say when all went dark and cold.

Kensi's POV

Gunshots blared outside my hotel window. I crouched behind the dresser with my rifle in hand. They had us surrounded and haven't taken any prisoners so far. 

A tear of guilt slid down my cheek as I remembered the promise I made to Deeks, to come back to him. By the time that tear dropped from my chin, the door was broken down and I saw down the all-too-familar barrel of a gun.

This was the end.

************************************

I do not own NCIS LA or any of the characters.

dun dun DUN! DOUBLE FREAKIN CLIFFHANGER! 

Got you there didn't I? You thought it was gonna be another boring dialogue chapter for character development and what not? Nuh uh.

Just got out of school, so I will be writing more often! 

READ, VOTE COMMENT!

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***

FROM THE DATES 6/15- 7/1 I WILL BE ON VACATION AND AT CAMP. I will write a few chapters ahead of time and update whenever I have a few minutes, but the chapters will be long and exciting so you don't hate me too bad.:) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 298 22
KENSI AND DEEKS DECIDED TO START A FAMILY
36.3K 1.2K 27
When Deeks is faced with some difficult situations that come up from his past he can count on his brunette partner to help him out
9.3K 227 17
This is the story of kensi and deeks. Their "thing" on a deeper level. There will be love, loss and most importantly family
24.1K 794 14
Kensi and Deeks are faced with many complications on the daily, but when Kensi returns from Afghanistan, post-torture, they are faced with the imposs...