In the World of Magic(Harry P...

By SoFoXD

Amanda picked up a book as a child. That book told stories of a magical sport called Quidditch. For years it... More

Chapter 1 - The Ticket
Chapter 2 - We're Going Camping
Chapter 3 - A Surprising Surprise
Chapter 4 - Lie After Lie
Chapter 5 - Making Friends
Chapter 6 - Leaving
Chapter 7 - Not Good
Chapter 8 - Sick
Chapter 9 - Finally Truth
Chapter 10 - The Train
Chapter 11 - House
Chapter 12 - New Home
Chapter 13 - First Day
Chapter 14 - Friends
Chapter 15 - Separation
Chapter 16 - Solving Problems
Chapter 17 - Mending
Chapter 18 - Nerves
Chapter 19 - A Clue
Chapter 20 - Crushing
Chapter 21 - The Kiss
Chapter 22 - Halloween
Chapter 23 - In Denial
Chapter 24 - Molly Weasley
Chapter 25 - A Moment to Relish
Chapter 26 - The Burrow
Chapter 27 - Christmas
Chapter 28 - London
Chapter 29 - New Year's Eve
Chapter 30 - School's Back
Chapter 31 - Bonding With Malfoy
Chapter 32 - Letter Read
Chapter 33 - Letters sent
Chapter 34 - Assignment One
Chapter 35 - Paranoia
Chapter 36 - Assignment Two
Chapter 37 - First conversations
Chapter 38 - Pause the Worry
Chapter 39 - Deep Talk
Chapter 40 - Music
Chapter 41 - Guilt
Chapter 42 - Things Aren't Alright
Chapter 43 - Hurting
Chapter 44 - The Reveal
Chapter 45 - Relieving
Chapter 46 - Comfort
Chapter 47 - The Plan
Chapter 48 - Planning
Chapter 49 - Not As Planned
Chapter 50 - The Messengers
Chapter 51 - Pandora
Chapter 52 - This Will Hurt
Chapter 53 - Kittens and Wings
Chapter 55 - The Last Day
Chapter 56 - The Brake
Epilogue

Chapter 54 - Aftermath

86 3 1
By SoFoXD

Third Person's POV

The doors to the hospital room flew open as the two ladies entered. Both of them had the look of true worry and horror when they laid eyes on their friend in one of the beds. The one with short red hair put her hand towards her mouth as sadness washed over her. The older one turned towards the other bed where James Potter was, awake.

"How is she?", Gwen wondered before taking a seat in one of the chairs next to the bed. Rose took a seat next to her sister and immediately grabbed her nest friend's hand in hers. James looked from the older sister to his girlfriend. It pained him to see her in such a state. He had been so close to saving her, but of course he had to loose his grip. The guilt was eating him up.

"The doctor said that she'll be okay and that she only needs rest. They think she will wake up soon, although anything can happen", James truthfully told them. The fact that Amanda would be alright was one of the few things that calmed him. The drop had only been from the second floor and she had therefor not been that hurt. The neglect of food and water mixed with the torture had made Amanda fragile at the time. She had a couple of broken bones, but thankfully it wasn't that hard to mend bones. The doctor said it wouldn't take that long until Amanda would be able to leave. The first step however was that she woke up. 

"Are you okay?", Rose wondered as she glanced over her best friend's boyfriend. She had been told that James had tried to save Amanda when she fell and even if he had not done that she knew that James cared about Amanda a lot. She had been able to see it when she visited during the holidays, every time he had looked at her.

"There is nothing wrong with me but they still wanted to run a few tests. They are also keeping me here because they feel like this is a place where I'm safe. Don't really understand why though since I would have been just as safe without this horrible hospital gown." He was clearly not happy with being stuck in the hospital bed. He could leave, but if anyone saw him out of bed one more time they would probably tie him to it. 

"Understandable. I just wish that you guys had some miracle serum that could just make people wake up", Rose answered. James wished the same, but he also knew that magic couldn't do everything. No matter how much you wanted it to, magic was limited the same way everything else in the world was.

•••

Amanda's POV

It was all quiet. For a few moments I kept my eyes shut while I tried to figure out the confusion I felt inside. There was some sort of heaviness over my body and every time I took in a breath I felt how my ribs protested. I felt awful to be honest. Although I felt better than I had done before when I had been in the mansion. As I thought that it hit me. The fighting, James almost getting us away from Dominic, falling out the window. 

My eyes opened as I was both curious and interested in finding out what exactly had happened and where I was. What met my eyes weren't really that interesting. The room was dark and reminded me of the one I had been in the summer before when I got sick. The only thing that was different was James laying in the bed next to me, asleep. Seeing him like that made me understand that it was night, even though the darkness of the room should have done the same thing. 

I started moving different body parts, fingers; foots; neck. It worked although I suspected my right foot at least being sprained and my shoulder hurt incredibly. I had already guessed that at least one of my ribs were broken. Maybe those injuries mixed with the overall pain and stiffness of my body should have made me stay in my bed. It didn't. I really didn't feel like laying there like nothing, nor contacting a doctor, nor go back to sleep. I should have probably pressed the button to contact the doctors, but in that moment I actually couldn't care less about it. If I could survive falling out of a window I could probably survive a night when the hospital workers didn't know I had woken up. 

As I removed the blanket from my legs I noticed the cold in the room but not only that though, I was in an ugly hospital gown. I honestly don't know what I should have expected though. It's not as if you just stay in your old bloody clothes when you get treated at the hospital. 

After stretching out my legs and testing them slightly I carefully swung them over the edge of the bed. Thankfully I wasn't connected to any machines which I guessed was because I was at a magical hospital. It made it extremely easy for me to sneak out of bed, even if I wasn't going that far. The bigger problem was ignoring the pain in my foot and my legs that had fallen asleep after not moving for a long while. I didn't exactly walk to James' bed, it was more of a limp or a shuffle. My guess was that it at least didn't look that pretty. 

"James?", I spoke in a croaky voice as I grabbed the side of his hospital bed to hold onto as support. After not speaking for a long time my voice wasn't that strong but at least I could make out the words. James however did not hear this. It wasn't until I placed a hand on his that his eyes suddenly flew up and he jolted slightly. There was fear of danger in his eyes, but it settled after he had realized that he was looking at me. 

"Amanda? What are you doing out of bed? Are you okay like that? Aren't you going to fall?", he mumbled in still a slightly sleepy voice. I smiled because it was a bit cute seeing him like that and especially when his hair was messy. 

"I wouldn't mind sitting down", I answered which had James immediately shuffle to make room on his bed. I sat down with a little bit of help from him and I felt such content at getting to rest my legs, even though I hadn't used them for that long. 

"When did you wake up?", James wondered as he took one of my hands in both of his. He was warm, much warmer than me. That could have just meant that I was cold and by the look on James' face that was the situation. 

"Just now. I... I can't believe that actually happened. I mean, magic and this whole world hasn't been that difficult to soak in... But torture and evil villains and falling out of a fucking window... Is it weird that I think that sort of things are unrealistic?", I wondered and turned my head to look at James. He was watching our hands and he looked more troubled than I had been expecting him to. It wasn't just the memory of what had happened and all of those negative feelings. There was something entirely else. At first I couldn't see it, possibly because I rarely saw that expression on James' face. Then I realized that it was guilt.

"I'm sorry, Amanda. I'm so incredibly sorry for all of this. Not just getting kidnapped now. I'm sorry for getting you involved from the beginning and then keep on involving you in danger. I'm sorry that I let you go on alone with dealing with the messenger. I should have seen that you were lying. I should have gotten you out of all of this. I'm sorry for being the reason you got hurt", James spoke without answering the question I had made. His words more than shocked me, they didn't make any sense in my ears. I had never seen him as the reason to my problems, nor had I seen him as the one getting me involved in everything. I had been the one finding the Quidditch ticked and I had decided to go there. Everything afterwards had been just a part of the whole world. Seeing him with not only guilt but sad tears in his eyes while telling me this didn't make any sense.

"You're not the reason this happened. It wasn't like you told me to ever do anything. You never forced me into this world. I wanted in and got more than I had expected. Why would you think this was your fault? It wasn't", I tried to explain through my confusion although my words didn't seem to be understood by James. He still looked as troubled as earlier.

"Because I am who I am, the son of someone who was famous for stopping the most evil wizard to ever exist. Because I'm the son of The Chosen One. Because it makes me a target. Sure, the people I hang out with otherwise have parents that were involved and they understand. You didn't. I don't know if you know at this point how big it was", James told me and it looked as if he was trying to convince me that he was right. I knew that he wasn't. I shook my head before speaking just at hearing James' words. They sounded truly absurd to me.

"James, I do understand and I always have. The thing is that I don't really care, I never really did. I don't know if it's because I have some secret wish of my life serving some greater purpose or if I just act more impulsively because I'm a teenager. The facts are still the same no matter what. I still chose to do the things I do and I never blamed you for anything. Even though I'm telling you now that this was more my fault than yours, the people to blame are actually Dominic and Pandora. They did this", I spoke truly before softly taking James chin in my hand. I tilted his head upwards so that he would look at me. I saw that the sorrow was still there. With a simple tilt of my head I kissed him, simply because I felt like I needed the kiss. 

Once we pulled away we didn't move that far apart. Only our lips parted while we rested our foreheads on each other. I held my eyes shut for a couple of extra seconds, wistfully hoping that James' expression had by some miraculous way changed. When I opened my eyes I saw that it actually had. He looked as if he had admitted defeat and he also looked a little relieved. 

"Please don't ever blame yourself for the actions of others, especially not the actions of evil villains. You never did anything to cause this and I will never blame you for it."

A/N: Hi!! There are only three parts left after this one and they've all been written now so they will be published quite soon. Thank you for reading!! :)

Sofija

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...
11K 70 22
!!THIS BOOK IS SHORT BUT HAS AT LEAST 1000+ WORDS IN EACH CHAPTER!! ~||my dear.. love is a curse that is unable to be broken.||~... ~||riddle me this...
16.6K 1.3K 43
❝𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘴...❞ ~*~*~* Lily...
522K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...