Snow White is a Gangster (Pub...

sielalstreim által

She vowed to stay. She just needed a keeper for maintenance. Henrietta Arturia is a drop-dead, gorgeous ice p... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Game of Chess
Chapter 2: Hide and Seek
Chapter 3: Christmas Day
Chapter 4: Silent Night
Chapter 5: Captured
Chapter 6: Between the Moon and the Sea
Chapter 7: Missing
Chapter 8: The Dead Man of Christmas Day
Chapter 9: Saudade and the Dead People
Chapter 10: The Root of All The Consequences
Chapter 11: Melancholy of the Past
Chapter 12: Montello High
Chapter 13: Midnight Calls
Chapter 14: Speedster
Chapter 15: Sadness and Happiness
Chapter 16: City Lights
Chapter 17: Running with Shadows
Chapter 18: The Dangerous Man
Chapter 19: Words of a Rose
Chapter 20: The Graduation Day
Chapter 21: Fate of the Uninvited
Chapter 23: Fire and Ice
Chapter 24: Chasing the Dead Man
Chapter 25: Wandering Souls After The Sunset
Chapter 26: Eremitia
Chapter 27: Her Companion
Chapter 28: Dancing with the Snakes
Chapter 29: The Visitors
Chapter 30: Poison and Wine
Chapter 31: A Little Heart
Chapter 32: An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 33: Blood Meets the Sea
Chapter 34: Drowning
Chapter 35: Relinquishment
Chapter 36: Fire and Ice
Chapter 37: A Falling Star
Chapter 38: The Women of Arturia
Chapter 39: Unearthed from the Graveyard
Chapter 40: Into the Storm
Chapter 41: The Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 42: Nightmares
Chapter 43: The Choices
Chapter 44: Blood, Sweat, Tears
Chapter 45: The Darkness in the Daylight
Chapter 46: A Darker Night
Chapter 47: Redemption in Fire
Chapter 48: Trojan Horse
Chapter 49: Somniat Finem (Even Dreams End)
Chapter 50: As Winter Meets its Death
Epilogue
Announcement from MHSG Administration!

Chapter 22: The Pawn in a Chess Game

289K 10.4K 4.2K
sielalstreim által

Chapter 22: The Pawn in a Chess Game

Soundtrack: The Beginning - ONE OK ROCK

Giovanni and I watched as Sebastian made himself comfortable on the couch. The scene was like of a man in a cozy coffee shop waiting for someone to serve his special beverage. He turned to us with his bored look as if he never said anything foolish.

"Are you implying that you hate yourself?" Sarkastikong sagot ni Giovanni. The scene was normal with the Freniere Brothers. They could commit an attempted murder to each other every single day.

"No one has the capacity to hate a Sebastian Freniere. They lust over me," sagot ni Sebastian.

"You said you loathe cheaters. You've been cheating on every women you've met." I almost nodded my head. Giovanni had a point there. "And why would you lust over yourself?" Dagdag ng nakababatang Freniere.

"Did I say that?" Tila bale-walang tanong ni Sebastian.

Napailing-iling si Giovanni. He gave up the conversation with his brother. "Why are you here, Tres? You should be entertaining our guests."

"I won't do that to your guests. You won't be able to keep up with my market value as an entertainer," Tres said proudly. He seemed to be the only one who was eager to keep the conversation going by mocking Giovanni.

"We're discussing an extremely important thing here. Now, could you please leave us." I could almost see the hint of impatience in Giovanni's voice. Alam kong hindi maganda ang patutunguhan nito. I'd watched them fight through the years and nothing good comes out of it. Bago pa man makasagot si Sebastian ay pinigil ko na iyon sa pamamagitan ng pagsasalita. I knew that Sebastian would push Giovanni to the exploding limit.

"Tres, we're just talking about Summer Leondale's security. I'm sure we can handle it," wika ko. I thought it would help prevent what was about to happen. Subalit mukhang hindi ang inaasahan kong reaksyon ang naging sagot ni Sebastian. He suddenly stood up and strode towards us.

"What about Summer Leondale? How to steal some romantic time without her knowing about it?" Hindi ako nakasagot. I didn't understand him. Why would he think of something ridiculous like that?

"Tres, just leave and entertain our guests." Halatang pinipilit ni Giovanni na maging kalmado sa inaasta ni Sebastian. No wonder Sir Algernon Freniere gave him the responsibility as the Mafia Leader while he was gone.

"Why would I do that?" Mas malakas ang tinig na tanong ni Tres.

"Because that's what you're good at! Entertaining!" Giovanni Freniere finally snapped at his older brother.

Sebastian seemed to dodge the mockery and smirked. I knew that smirk too well. Everything was going bad now. "Oh, yeah right. Let me entertain your bitch downstairs. I swear she'll forget your existence."

The next scene was a blur. Before I knew it, Giovanni was already lunging violently towards Sebastian. He crashed against him so hard that they both landed on the floor. I sighed. I knew this would happen again and I was so tired of being the peacemaker. I just watched them like I did when we were young. I sat comfortably on table avoiding the chaos they were making.

When they both got up, Sebastian made the first move and punched Giovanni causing the latter to stumble backward. The younger man recovered fast and tried to kick Sebastian on the gut. They didn't make a word in their fight. They were just brawling silently with the sound of the breaking objects as their voices.

Both of them were strong and fast. They could endure each other's attack. The door opened and I saw Forest enter the room and lock the door quickly. She carefully ran towards me avoiding the two Frenieres.

"How about our guests?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Old Max is entertaining them."

I tsked. This entertain word started all this current mess.

"Old Max?" Tanong ko. We didn't really call a legendary hunter as an old one.

Nagkibit-balikat siya at sinabing, "Our guests called him that." I dismissed it, realizing that it was the name Summer and her friends probably used for him. Sabay naming pinanood ni Forest ang pagbubuno ng dalawa. She seemed to be enjoying it. She searched for her pocket and showed some paper bills to me. Nagtataka ko siyang tiningnan.

"I bet on Tres. I think he would win this. He's quite passionate about it," wika ni Forest.

Napailing ako sa kanya. When Tres produced a hunter's knife, I decided to run fast in the middle of the brawling and stopped them. I grabbed Tres' arm that had the knife and put pressure on it causing him to let go of the blade. I kicked Giovanni on his chest when I saw him lunging forward and pushed Sebastian away to the other side. They both landed on their back on the floor.

"Please, stop being stupid for a minute," seryoso kong sabi habang tinitingnan ko sila. Habol ang paghingang umupo si Giovanni habang nanatiling nakahiga si Sebastian na tila naka-ngisi pa.

"Hey, Henrietta! You should have waited until the end!" Protesta ni Forest habang nakasimangot. Hindi ko sya pinansin at sa halip ay tinulungan si Giovanni na makatayo nang masiguro kong mahinahon na siya. I couldn't believe they would still brawl like this. I thought it stopped during their childhood years. Nagtungo ako sa direksyon ni Tres nang matulungan ko si Giovanni. I looked at him and saw him smirking at me. I lent him my hand to help him stand. He grabbed it but to my surprise, pulled me towards him. I landed on his chest. My heart decided to beat violently before Giovanni immediately grabbed me away from his brother.

"Kung mananatili kang ganyan, hindi ka namin kailangan," seryosong wika ni Giovanni. Forest walked towards us and we both watched Sebastian, still smirking.

"Is he trying to scare us with his creepy smile?" Tanong ni Forest. Nang masiguro naming walang balak na gumalaw si Sebastian ay iniwan namin siya at nagtungo sa mesa kung saan kami nag-uusap.

"Are you sure about this, Giovanni? He might overhear us," tanong ko nang mukhang wala siyang balak na ipagpaliban ang aming pag-uusap.

"I think this is the reason why he was acting like that. He was going crazy because he doesn't know anything. Let's just hope that if ever he listens to this, he would act accordingly," sagot ni Giovanni and motioned for the clueless Forest to sit on the chair in front of me.

"Forest will still be guarding the mansion with Maximus Bown. I will get other reapers to be with me and start hunting them. It looks like they are trying to be aggressive by entering our territory and property. They need to be punished." Giovanni is acting like the only sin the Novous committed to us was the situation we had now. He was trying not to be ruled by the tragedy they brought to his family in the past. He was trying to think clearly.

"Wait, are we talking about the sabotaged transactions we had?" Tanong ni Forest. Sinenyasan ko siya na manatili sa pakikinig.

"As for you Henrietta, you will be protecting Summer. Please bring her home today and ask assistance from some Mafia guards for the surveillance. I can also get Mikhail to back you up. I'm so sorry I had to give you this big mission. Most of the reapers are with Sir Algernon to guard him."

I nodded in agreement. Protecting Summer means that I would be the first in line soldier. I would receive the strongest and deadliest impact. And I couldn't say No to this one. I'd been waiting for this. I'd been waiting to get in touch with those people.

"I can't lose Summer. We can't let them take her this time. Not again," determinadong wika ni Giovanni. I saw how he adored this girl too much. I couldn't imagine what it would make him and the Freniere Mafia if they lost another woman.

Nang wala sa amin ang muling nagsalita ay saka nagtanong si Forest. "Alright, my turn. Who is this 'them' we're talking about?"

Giovanni stared at Forest. "The Novous," he answered gravely.

Wala sa amin ang agad na nakasagot. Sa gitna ng katahimikan ay nakita namin ang marahan na pagtayo ni Sebastian mula sa pagkakahiga sa sahig. He walked unsteadily towards us. He had a grim expression on his face. His mood now matched a stormy weather. He smashed his fist on the wooden table when he reached us. I swear I could hear a crack because of the impact. He must have really broken the table.

"Why?" He asked. The anger in his voice was evident. We looked at him questioningly.

"What? You still don't understand? What have you been doing to your head all this time?" Tila napipikon na ring tanong ni Giovanni.

Hindi naman natinag si Sebastian at muli niyang isinuntok ang kamao sa mesa. "Why?!" He screamed this time. Even I couldn't understand him. I wanted to stop him. I also wanted to help him if ever something was wrong with him. But I just can't, can I?

"What the f*cking thing are you trying to ask!? What's with your fucking 'why'? Why couldn't you still understand!?" Giovanni's cool and serious demeanor was running out. He was matching his voice with Sebastian's intensity.

Sebastian clenched his fist as he looked down on the table. With lowered voice, he spoke again, "Why? Why is it always about Summer? Why would you let the Reaper die just to save her?!"

And with his words, everyone turned to look at me. I wished I could say something comprehensible about it but I just couldn't. I had no words for absolutely a couple of minutes. Before someone had the courage to speak up, a loud crashing sound interrupted us and we all turned to the broken door except Sebastian. There, standing and staring at us, were the guests of Giovanni and Maximus Brown who was rubbing his knuckles.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.1M 16.3K 49
R-18 Not suitable for young readers. Contains explicit mature content. Parental guidance must advice. Ang librong ito ay kuwento po ni Cole.
325M 6.7M 94
[BAD BOY 1] Gusto ko lang naman ng simpleng buhay; tahimik at malayo sa gulo. Kaso isang araw... nagbago ang lahat. Inspired by Boys Over Flowers.
5.9M 193K 62
Tammy Pendleton has three goals. 1. To become King 2. To bring honor to her school 3. To find her childhood friend, Blue This is Tammy's adventures t...
4.8M 139K 66
"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire Academy before reading this. Just so yo...